What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nico Collins, HOU (1 Viewer)

I think it's safe to say Nico is a solid WR2 at this point. The question now is how high is his ceiling? Does he have WR1 upside? It sounds crazy, but if he keeps getting targeted like he has the first two weeks, he'll be a 1,500 yard receiver with 10+ TD's. Can he keep this up? I doubt he'll do that well, but you never know. The guy has all the skills to thrive in the NFL and finally has a legit passer throwing to him. I'm all in on Nico!
Agree. Has good size, good speed and decent draft capital. Now he has a talented QB. Arrow straight up

Do we expect 45 passes a game from Stroud? That's what he's been doing

Is he the #1? Because Tutu and Woods both have been target monsters as well.

Is he the #1? Because Tutu and Woods both have been target monsters as well.
You meant Tank Dell not Tutu but yeah why not? They had 53 passing plays yesterday (maybe a couple more - Stroud was credited with 3 runs don't know if they were scrambles) in a trailing gamescript. Trailing gamescript seems to be a reasonable likelihood moving forward. But they would rather Nico or Tank be the #1 than Woods. Either of those two were steals in drafts and are probably both startable - Tank got 4 targets week 1 Nico got 10. So far Nico is clear #1 and probably an autostart. But Tank Dell looks good and is only a rookie.

They had 49 passing plays last week with 4 runs by Stroud that might have been passing plays. So we're looking at more like 50 passes a game right now. 5 sacks followed by 6 sacks if it could be cutdown to say 2 or 3 then who knows maybe they win a game.

Unless Houston suddenly becomes competitive I imagine game script is going to be pass heavy going forward. Nico has lead targets in both game thus far. Full steam ahead for me until I see otherwise.

Next Gen Stats
Nico Collins caught all 5 of his targets on in-breaking routes for 129 yards in Week 2 (+57 receiving yards over expected).

Collins leads the NFL in yards (183) and receiving EPA (+17.4) on in-breaking routes this season.

#INDvsHOU | #WeAreTexans
I don't have statistics to back up, but Stroud throws an excellent ball in in-routes.....one of his biggest ++ in the scouting reports. Shows the importance of player/size/strengths.....so glad I was able to trade for him tonight....Nico that is.

Matt Harmon
Nico Collins Weeks 1 and 2 #ReceptionPerception Charting Review is up on the site. A few notes:- True, true X-receiver- Separating so cleanly on over the middle routes- 76.7% success rate vs. man coverage- Playing bully ball gaining extra YAC- Just can't express how awesome he looks right nowCollins has been one of my sneaky RP favorites since the 2021 in-season rookie report and now that he has a dude at QB, we're seeing it.https://receptionperception.com/nico-collins-week-2-charting-review/

I finally started him and he only had 3 targets while Dell took over. Still think I like him as a wr2 but wish I had more confidence.
Just brutal. Think the defensive game plan went overboard on defending Nico that stroud picked them apart everywhere else. Still fine with him long term but today ****ing sucked

Part of me says Nico's the alpha, but it's more a heart feeling. Head is saying Tank is the #1 because he's who this regime picked.

Just sucks- the real winner here is CJ Stroud- looking like a nice low-end QB1 going forward.

I finally started him and he only had 3 targets while Dell took over. Still think I like him as a wr2 but wish I had more confidence.
Weird game where they dominated the Jags and only threw 30 passes compared to the 45ish the first 2 weeks.

Collins had a play right before half where broke 3/4 tackles and almost scored. Plus Woods is playing 80 percent of the snaps currently, so targets will be spread out. That's my biggest concern with Nico.

There was so many pass attempts week 1/2, there were three guys getting #1 targets. This was going to happen to someone.

Bummer, but just a single game data point.

Part of me says Nico's the alpha, but it's more a heart feeling. Head is saying Tank is the #1 because he's who this regime picked.

Just sucks- the real winner here is CJ Stroud- looking like a nice low-end QB1 going forward.
I wouldn't say Nico is the alpha if anyone it's Woods. That said Stroud told Caserio to draft Tank they became super tight prior to draft and you're seeing whose the #1 WR on that team already.

I'm gonna chalk this game up to the game script, being up most of the game...looking for a bounce back game against a weaker Pittsburgh secondary who just gave up a huge game against Davante and Cooper put up solid numbers (7 for 90 yards) the week prior.

What a beast. This guy reminds me of the big WRs of yesteryear like Megatron and Brandon marshall
Yea, I had the same thought when he was a draft prospect. He might have been a first round pick in the 90s. I thought he had some Plaxico-like qualities out of Michigan, but he's a better possession target than I anticipated. Surprisingly fluid in his routes.

Took him last year in redraft after being impressed by his rookie season, but I was a year too early. The QB play wasn't good enough to support any real WR production. Things have changed with Stroud under center. This is suddenly a passing game that you want to be involved with. I didn't exactly expect that, but I'm not totally surprised either. There was always some intriguing potential here.

Luckily I was able to grab him off waivers before his stock really took off. He's looking like a solid WR2 for FF this season.

Dell is more feast-or-famine by nature, but I think he also has some immediate value.

Been my "stop-gap" while waiting for Kupp.

Now I get to pair him or Aiyuk each week with Kupp.

Don't find many WR gems as a free agent grab.

I cannot guess right when to start this guy...so he will never leave my lineup again rest of season. It's one league I care about the most that I did NOT start him lol

How does a late round pick do THIS excellent? Him and Puka are amazing surprises

Took him last year in redraft after being impressed by his rookie season, but I was a year too early. The QB play wasn't good enough to support any real WR production. Things have changed with Stroud under center. This is suddenly a passing game that you want to be involved with. I didn't exactly expect that, but I'm not totally surprised either. There was always some intriguing potential here.
Same. He showed some signs last year even with Cooks in the lineup, and then injuries kind of derailed his season - not to mention the awful QB play of Davis Mills. Dropped him late last year in my deep keeper league unfortunately and didn't get him back - one of my many blunders so far.

I cannot guess right when to start this guy...so he will never leave my lineup again rest of season. It's one league I care about the most that I did NOT start him lol

How does a late round pick do THIS excellent? Him and Puka are amazing surprises
I mean, he was a 3rd round pick in a stacked WR draft where 3 WRs went in the top 10 (J Chase, J Waddle, D Smith), a total of 5 went in the first round. It’s not like he was T Brady in the 6th or B Purdy as Mr Irrelevant.

He’s definitely a beneficiary of Houston being bad, teams stacking the box, and Stroud’s ability to throw his receivers open.

I mean, he was a 3rd round pick in a stacked WR draft where 3 WRs went in the top 10 (J Chase, J Waddle, D Smith), a total of 5 went in the first round. It’s not like he was T Brady in the 6th or B Purdy as Mr Irrelevant.

He’s definitely a beneficiary of Houston being bad, teams stacking the box, and Stroud’s ability to throw his receivers open.
hey, you take what you can get.
I usually only pick WR if I actually like the QB tossing them the football.
in college sometimes a player is misused or miscast in an offense because a coach has a certain idea of what a WR should be or because the college team is stacked so they get forced into another role.
so a lot of these guys who come out of the woodwork are players who were a bit of an unknown because of how they were used (or misused) in college.

I can’t guess right either and it’s cost me wins this week and last. Started him last week and sat him this week.

Was able to snag Ford a couple weeks back off the wire when Chubb went down. When I got him, I immediately offered and traded him to the Collins owners. Last week the trade didn't look too good but it flipped this week. He looks to be a good #2/great flex going forward on that offense with Stroud chucking the ball.

He's been on my bench all season as I've been playing CeeDee & Ridley instead. NO LONGER! Everyone is calling him a great WR2, but I'm going to take it a step further and say this guy is a WR1. I plan on putting him in my lineup this week and keeping him there the ROS. Also hoping to pick up CJ Stroud as a backup QB this week. I won't mind having that combo going up against Denver in week 13 when Josh Allen is on his bye week

He's been on my bench all season as I've been playing CeeDee & Ridley instead. NO LONGER! Everyone is calling him a great WR2, but I'm going to take it a step further and say this guy is a WR1. I plan on putting him in my lineup this week and keeping him there the ROS. Also hoping to pick up CJ Stroud as a backup QB this week. I won't mind having that combo going up against Denver in week 13 when Josh Allen is on his bye week
Yeah, hard to argue too much about him being a top 10 WR for dynasty too. He has the physical traits you want in a #1 receiver and has a rookie QB who looks like the real deal. His only down week was last week when he only got 3 targets and he almost broke a long TD in that game. Very impressed

Once in a while you just get plain lucky on draft night in a few leagues,
Nobody wanted this guy and I was quick to make a waiver move prior to the start of Week 1 cutting whoever was taking up the WR5/6 slots on my teams
I had no idea what he was really like, his size, his ability to make plays and get open, my money was on Tank Dell and now I think both of them with Stroud's help
Show Time!

Nobody wanted this guy and I was quick to make a waiver move prior to the start of Week 1 cutting whoever was taking up the WR5/6 slots on my teams
I had no idea what he was really like, his size, his ability to make plays and get open, my money was on Tank Dell and now I think both of them with Stroud's help
Show Time!

Picked him up after week 1 and then also subsequently picked up Stroud and Dell. Last week confused me a little, didn't see the game but his stat line was poor and I felt I couldn't trust him this past week, lot of chatter how the Steelers were going to be tough. Now what?
I guess we just have to plug him in and accept there will be odd weeks with low stats. He does appear to be more the alpha there now. I missed his explosion this week and it will likely cost me the win but nice to see regardless.

Show Time!
That is very fortunate for you. Loved him and planned to take him in my redraft league in around round 9. Not a lot of hype for him, but unfortunately, one of my league mates grabbed him a couple spots before me. I tried to trade for him before the season started, but he figured if I wanted him, he wasn't letting him go. Smarter guy than I thought lol

If Dell would have decided to block Kazee just before the half, Nico would have continued on for a 78 yard score instead of a 42 yard gain, LOL.

Huge day could have been a colossal one.

The cost for getting this guy in most FF drafts was comical.

If Dell would have decided to block Kazee just before the half, Nico would have continued on for a 78 yard score instead of a 42 yard gain, LOL.

Huge day could have been a colossal one.

The cost for getting this guy in most FF drafts was comical.
I got him in the 15th round but have yet to pick the correct week to play him. Had him in my lineup last week but put him on the bench this week when Waddle came back.

If you get an opportunity to watch Houston I would invite you to turn them on

-Nico Collins is not a guy I watched much last year and even gong into this season
I watched him this past week, He's HUGE!
6-4/215, yeah maybe when he arrived, looks a lot bigger/thicker than that, looks difficult to tackle once he catches the ball.
Michigan Grad, 3rd Rd-2021

Classic 3rd Year breakout WR, this guy's future is decorated in Spades
Just MoP's opinion

Josh Norris
At 6'4/215 lbs

Nico Collins is 2nd among all WRs in YAC per rec

9.1 yards

CJ Stroud's perfect placement is always helpful

Nico has ascended, and the Texans are just getting started

Look at Nico Collins gallop away from defenders

this + his willingness to make difficult catches over the middle of the field = outstanding combo

Man I can't win with this guy. Both times I started him he stunk and goes off when he is on my bench.
So effing frustrating. Just gotta accept he's basically D JAX which makes no sense. Falcons gave them Woods and Schultz and Stroud has no problem using that.

Put this in the Dell thread, but hope it helps Collins owners too.

Remember Houston’s offense is SF-lite. Slowik wants to run it, but the first 4 weeks were with a patchwork OL. Tunsil and Howard were back today, so the running uptick was expected.

Collins is the possession guy in the offense. He relies on guys like Dell to threaten over the top and take safety help away. Today favoring the run and seeing a TD to Schultz didn’t surprise me. He’ll still be solid, but I’d watch to see if Dell is cleared and plays next week before I’d start him again.

The WR1 for CJ Stroud for next few years.

How many WRs do I take over Nico in dynasty? Not a ton.

Just need him to re-sign in HOU.

Users who are viewing this thread