What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (2 Viewers)

I’ve said it before in nicer words.  Hie ego prevents him from doing the things required to succeed.  He will repeatedly flash but disappear just as often.  Feel free to overpay.

3-29 in your last gasp .....if I was Landry I’d be pissed too.

Ultimate value stock. Trying to acquire and feel draft day will be time to strike. I foresee another WR3 year in Cleveland and then a he'll move on to another team for a resurgence. Seattle would be ideal. 

If OBJ can come up big in the fantasy playoffs all will be forgiven for a down 2019 season thus far.  Even with good match-ups it seems like a stretch to feel he'll do so for the next three weeks though. ??

If OBJ can come up big in the fantasy playoffs all will be forgiven for a down 2019 season thus far.  Even with good match-ups it seems like a stretch to feel he'll do so for the next three weeks though. ??
He is someone I still play but this might be my last year carrying him along.

Odell Beckham (groin) was a limited participant for Wednesday's practice.

As was Jarvis Landry (hip) and Baker Mayfield (hand/ribs). All are simply having their reps managed mid-week and are fully expected to play. Consider Beckham and Landry Top 20 options at their position while Mayfield will likely slot in as a low-end QB1 in RotoPat's Rankings.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 3:29 PM ET

I can't believe I'm doing this in one playoff, I'm benching him, but I do have good options.
Watching your WR2 (Landry) on your own team dominate you in scoring must be tough for the player, and in fantasy scoring, rough for the drafter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Essentially, when asked the dude said, "I don't think about that stuff (moving on) during the season, so don't ask.  Also, playing alongside Landry makes me happy."

This really had the bad feel of a career-stultifying move once NY was in the rear view mirror. I have no problem with Beckham, but he was meant to be in NY on the premier football team in that city. Good to hear he's happy playing alongside Landry and with his new teammates. Now all he needs is a coach and a more accurate deep thrower at QB whose aDOT reflects someone taking deep shots.

I don't own Landry in any league, but I understand what you are saying.
Yeah, I edited that about four times for clarity and it still wasn't clear.

I did draft Landry in one league with the reasoning that teams would bracket OBJ, but it didn't start out that way, and I cut Landry during bye weeks, costing me a bunch of points at WR3. 

Essentially, when asked the dude said, "I don't think about that stuff (moving on) during the season, so don't ask.  Also, playing alongside Landry makes me happy."
And the only reason he was asked is because the local media trolls took a fake incarcerated bob story and ran with it as 'rumblings' in their never ending pursuit of cheap clicks. 

The Browns need a new coach who can instill discipline, without being a get-off-my-lawn Coughlin type. Odell, Myles Garrett and Co. need the structure.

I’m concerned about Odell responding to discipline though, because he thrives on being a unique snowflake. See: wearing a watch week 1&2, wearing illegal shoes week3. Him and Landry are buddies and he says he’s happy, but watching a different receiver go off and it’s not him? When you know you’re a sure fire 1st round fantasy player and your career is on a HOF trajectory, that’s gotta sting and deep. Remember that Juju’s emergence is what drove Antonio Brown out of town and out of his sanity. 

It is possible that the broken ankle took something away from him. Although I haven’t seen him play too much to know if he lost a step in quickness.

It is possible that the broken ankle took something away from him. Although I haven’t seen him play too much to know if he lost a step in quickness.
I only got to see him play in a few games but after the catch he still looks elite to me in terms of agility etc. I can’t say on more subtle stuff like his route running. I’m inclined to believe that a coaching and scheme change could bring him back to life though something does seem a bit off. 

I only got to see him play in a few games but after the catch he still looks elite to me in terms of agility etc. I can’t say on more subtle stuff like his route running. I’m inclined to believe that a coaching and scheme change could bring him back to life though something does seem a bit off. 
Bakers not that good

I hope Odell can turn it around.   He was electric early in his career, most exciting, game-changing player I've watched in Giant Blue since Lawrence Taylor.

Odell playing through Sports Hernia

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham drew headlines this week for -- what else -- discussing his future.

If this offseason is anything like his last, it won't be the last time a landing spot for the star is broached.

But there is a reality that's more pertinent: Beckham has been playing through a serious and often painful sports hernia injury, sources say, one that will necessitate surgery in the offseason. He hasn't missed a game yet, but he has been battling.

Anyone sitting him today for a potentially better option with this news? I’m thinking of starting Washington over Beckham now. Does everyone think he guts it out or now that the news is out he might exit a game if the pain gets to be too much.

Sanders @ no over odb today?
Cincinnati? 

I wouldn't, but let's just say I'm playing with house money. I might not pull that trigger if it's my roster. I was going to sit Fuller today for the same reasoning. 

It's how much risk you want to absorb and your H-T-H situation, one would think

Cincinnati? 

I wouldn't, but let's just say I'm playing with house money. I might not pull that trigger if it's my roster. I was going to sit Fuller today for the same reasoning. 

It's how much risk you want to absorb and your H-T-H situation, one would think
I cant do it.  Odb staying in.  Even hurt, his potential to have a huge game in the playoffs is still hard to pass up.

I'm favored and have the much better team/matchups in my playoff game today fwiw

Odell Beckham caught 2-of-5 targets for 39 yards in the Browns' Week 14 win over the Bengals.

He caught both of his passes early in the first half and didn't see an official target after halftime, though he did draw a defensive pass interference call deep in the fourth quarter to move the chains and seal the Browns' win. It's been a difficult year for OBJ, and word is he's playing through a sports hernia. He's been the second fiddle to Jarvis Landry much of the season and has little practice time with Baker Mayfield. OBJ will be a rebound candidate in 2020 as the 6-7 Browns close out against the Cardinals, Ravens, and Bengals again.

Hes on the bench from here on out and should have been for weeks
this and, honestly, i'm likely going to movie him in my dynasty league for this. he can have a tremendous bounceback season next year but what i can get for him probably makes it worthwhile.

this and, honestly, i'm likely going to movie him in my dynasty league for this. he can have a tremendous bounceback season next year but what i can get for him probably makes it worthwhile.
I would be surprised if you would be able to get anything that would be worthwhile trading him for at this point. I have him in Dyno and expect that I will have to hold and hope he recovers some value. Tried trading after his move to CLE but just couldn’t get what I wanted.

SI's Peter King: Football Morning In America

“Come get me.”

—Cleveland wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., to several opposing players and coaches this year, per Jay Glazer on FOX NFL Sunday.

I know he’s a very good player, and when healthy is a major threat, but this kind of stuff is exactly why Beckham is so difficult to like. The Browns would have a devil of a time getting near what they’d consider market value for him. I agree with Glazer, who said Sunday: “I don’t see that relationship ending well for them after this year.”
Not that it needed to be said, but remember he didn't choose to come to the Browns; he was traded there.

EDIT:

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports Odell Beckham has told players and coaches on other teams he wants out of Cleveland.

Beckham made waves with some of his comments last week, implying he was unsure of his future in Cleveland. "No one knows what the future holds," said Beckham. "I couldn't sit here and tell you whether I'm going to be here, want to be here, don't want to be here." OBJ later clarified his remarks on Twitter, though usually where there's smoke, there's fire. Per Glazer, Beckham has made a habit of telling players and coaches on opposing teams before and during games to "come get me." Glazer added that he doesn't see Beckham's relationship with the Browns "ending well" after this year. In the midst of one of his worst statistical seasons, moving the high-maintenance and oft-injured wide receiver might be easier said than done.

I’m in a redraft with one, and hopefully two, games left. He’s been on my bench for better players for the last 6 weeks. Because I can’t trust him next week even against AZ, and I’m not gonna pin my hopes on a Super Bowl win with this hack vs Balt, I feel so liberated to drop this overrated bum this morning for a back up kicker. Do I need a backup kicker? No. But I love seeing a transaction that says:

RELEASED WR ODELL BECKHAM JR/ ACQUIRED  YOUNGHOE KOO

Thats your value to me, Odell.👎🏽

I don't know if they sent him there to die or not but it's always amusing to watch the heads' of guys like this explode when they're not the straw that stirs the drink.

If anyone is still alive and with him. I don’t see how you can start him. They’ll play  up the injury all off-season and why he struggled. SMH. 

Heh. I know the victory laps are coming, but don't get so sensitive about suffering the slings and arrows of being in front of the curve. All the great ones do, and I know that you a) hate Odell and b) love JJAW

It'll all suss out.

I am or was on board with Josh Gordon in the past and Fuller V this year, so really, I hate suiting up on Sundays. Such a heathen. 

Naw I also had A-Rob and Godwin on over half my teams, so I'll backpat that.

Odell Beckham (groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

He was limited last Wednesday as well before avoiding the final injury report altogether. OBJ should be fine for Sunday against the Cardinals as he closes out a forgettable first season with the Browns. Beckham is a low-floor, high-upside WR3, even in this plus draw.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 11:43 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread