What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (2 Viewers)

Looked like he got the wind knocked out of him more than anything. He was running to the locker room. I don't know what you guys were watching.

if its a strain/pull he's lucky on that knee

ankle is the least of the concern, the knee aint supposed to be bent like that.

I wish the NFL would go back to tackling vs hitting .... hitting had ruined the game and led to so many injuries. The DEF guy could have tackled him 

shadyridr said:
What did I say about him being a drama queen
I'm a pessimist when it comes to #### like this. McCoy would give me a heart attack a season, I actually had to start pricing his effect on my well being into his ADP.

Jello_Biafra said:
Looked like he got the wind knocked out of him more than anything. He was running to the locker room. I don't know what you guys were watching.
His lung is in his knee? This is worse than I thought.

East Coast Bias said:
You've been money with the links (McCaffrey thread)!

Totally an ankle.  He'll be fine.  Not a doctor.  He was on his toes, so his foot wasn't planted and you can see his ankle give a little at the end until his foot comes loose from the turf.  I own OBJ in both my dynasty leagues and based on that video, I'm not overly concerned.  Didn't look nearly as bad as the posts indicated.

You've seen guys with high ankle sprains walking around the sidelines w/o a limp 15 min after injury occurs?  Them ankles on OBJ are fierce.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You've seen guys with high ankle sprains walking around the sidelines w/o a limp 15 min after injury occurs?  Them ankles on OBJ are fierce.  
I waited until now to see the whole thing play out...

It is in my opinion...He is absolutely fine, the injury looked bad but he escaped any issue and did all that and played it up for the camera like most drama queens who seek attention do.

I am an OBJ owner and fan, and I can say, he is a diva who cried wolf on that injury reaction there. He wanted the attention. 

Camera's on me in the locker room? Cue fall to the ground for effect.
I'd much prefer this to what I feared, which is that he was acting all fine and tough when he knew cameras were on him outside and then let himself feel the pain and fear when he thought he wasn't being watched.

Looked like knee to me. Ankle is barely on the ground and not flexed. Clear the knee gets hit sideways. I was surprised to read it was an ankle

Looked like knee to me. Ankle is barely on the ground and not flexed. Clear the knee gets hit sideways. I was surprised to read it was an ankle
If you watch it more closely you see his whole upper leg moving in unison from the hip joint.  So while the knee is moving, so is the rest of his leg... except his ankle which is planted by the ball of his foot.  Since he's not fully planted, his foot breaks free which relieves the stress that was temporarily on his ankle.  Again, I'm not a doctor, but that's what I'm seeing.  

I'm thinking best case he starts week 1.  Worst case he's out for the year.  Either way whatever happens, happens and I would suggest not wasting another second of precious life trying to figure it out.  Just my opinion from having wasted too much time in this hobby. 

I did chuckle at the irony of @Rhythmdoctor saying "I'm not a doctor". 

Dr Jene explained that he saw the upper leg moving with the knee as a good sign. 

High ankle could still require surgery. 

Users who are viewing this thread