What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (1 Viewer)

10.8 grams of weed is NOT a felony in Texas. The reporter mistook that for ounces.
Yes sir, was just coming in here to post that.

The reporter apparently got it from the police report, probably a cop who is not so good in math. This is about a 1/10th of what is needed to rise to a felony.

10.8 grams of weed is NOT a felony in Texas. The reporter mistook that for ounces.

The reporter apparently got it from the police report, probably a cop who is not so good in math. This is about a 1/10th of what is needed to rise to a felony.
Roger sees it as a NFL style felony I bet
It's next to impossible to get suspended for marijuana any longer in the NFL.....just a shame it had to derail a few careers before they finally adjusted it.

Still blows my mind that weed is illegal in places. Y'all living in the dark ages.
23 or 27 States have passed "recreational" marijuana laws and Florida will finally put it on the ballot in November
As of now you need a State issued ID card for it and need a doctor's note first
I would like to own a coffee shop where people can also light up a joint or whatever, been waiting for this to pass for quite some time
Back to our regularly scheduled program...

-Rice said he owns up to it, right thing to do, I'm willing to forgive him

Odd statement by his attorney

Why don't you do a story of who he is, as opposed to what occurred? Because it seems as though what you're saying is based on this one incident, you're going to define him based on this incident, as opposed to his entire body of work. I would say each and every one of you, if all of us had to be defined by one incident, that would be ridiculous, as opposed to our entire body. So I'd ask that you as the media, look at his entire body of work before saying exactly who he is. That will be better.

I usually avoid comments on X, but I agree with the general sentiment of these.
Bolded is a great policy. If you really have to use social media, at the very least avoid the comments sections. It's where the real cesspool is.

And yeah, that tweet is unreal. I kept reading how he retained some amazing attorney, but if that's the best angle he has to play right now... woof....

I had a friend who got a DUI the weekend we graduated college (early education degree); he was by all means a great person, really special with kids too. Spent the next year getting denied jobs because of it and wound up having to trash the four year degree and go into another field. One incident changed his entire life. That IS what happens to normal people who don't run real fast and jump real high and catch a ball real well. Expecting sympathy from the masses who saw the video of what Rice did is a stretch, especially in today's climate where the public rarely shows sympathy, let alone allows the possibility for redemption. He would have been better off playing the other obvious card.
Very odd since it is coming from his attorney. How does he know Rice is a good person? Did they have a relationship before being his client? Does he know Rice's body of work of being a good person?

He saw the video of all the kids in Rice’s neighborhood cheering him on as he drove off before the SB.

Rice is obv a good young man who made a mistake. He does a lot for his community and I hope the prosecutors take that into account.

Free Rashee!!!

Leave the weed in the car and you have a fall guy claim it.
Take it with you and get caught with possession- just another thing to deal with.

Still blows my mind that weed is illegal in places. Y'all living in the dark ages.
23 or 27 States have passed "recreational" marijuana laws and Florida will finally put it on the ballot in November
As of now you need a State issued ID card for it and need a doctor's note first
I would like to own a coffee shop where people can also light up a joint or whatever, been waiting for this to pass for quite some time
Back to our regularly scheduled program...

-Rice said he owns up to it, right thing to do, I'm willing to forgive him
Would you be willing to forgive him if he was drunk or high when it happened?

That's my issue with the whole thing. I just can't come up with a reasonable reason that 5 guys would just walk away without checking on anyone and leave two cars totaled at the scene unless the drivers were intoxicated and they needed to get the F out of there to protect them.

I have zero issue with weed. Enjoy some occasionally myself, but not when I'm driving. Depending on how much the drivers may have smoked or how powerful a strain, it can be as bad or worse than being drunk. Who knows, maybe the drivers were stone cold sober, but I have my doubts.

Odd statement by his attorney

Why don't you do a story of who he is, as opposed to what occurred? Because it seems as though what you're saying is based on this one incident, you're going to define him based on this incident, as opposed to his entire body of work. I would say each and every one of you, if all of us had to be defined by one incident, that would be ridiculous, as opposed to our entire body. So I'd ask that you as the media, look at his entire body of work before saying exactly who he is. That will be better.

I usually avoid comments on X, but I agree with the general sentiment of these.
As a side note that has absolutely nothing to do with Rice that attorney once sued Dez Bryant for leaving a house he rented from him trashed.

The most surprising thing of that story of course was what on earth was Dez doing renting?

Leave the weed in the car and you have a fall guy claim it.
Take it with you and get caught with possession- just another thing to deal with.
I'm willing to bet that it comes out that the weed wasn't his. It might even be the truth.

He was in Texas, and he must abide by the laws there. Never tried marijuana, and never wanted to try it, but I don't really care what grown people do to their own minds and bodies. I believe in live and let live. However, I have little tolerance for people putting the rest of the world in danger because of their idiot decisions. If you flee the scene of an accident, I am going to assume you were high or drunk, and the consequences for fleeing an injury accident should exceed those of driving under the influence. Wonderful that Rice is "owning" up to his actions, but the time to do that was at the scene. You don't get to run away and then claim you are taking responsibility. Nothing about his actions says "responsible" to me.

He was in Texas, and he must abide by the laws there. Never tried marijuana, and never wanted to try it, but I don't really care what grown people do to their own minds and bodies. I believe in live and let live. However, I have little tolerance for people putting the rest of the world in danger because of their idiot decisions. If you flee the scene of an accident, I am going to assume you were high or drunk, and the consequences for fleeing an injury accident should exceed those of driving under the influence. Wonderful that Rice is "owning" up to his actions, but the time to do that was at the scene. You don't get to run away and then claim you are taking responsibility. Nothing about his actions says "responsible" to me.
No doubt. The "taking full responsibility" talking point is 100% PR hogwash IMO. That ship sailed.

He was in Texas, and he must abide by the laws there. Never tried marijuana, and never wanted to try it, but I don't really care what grown people do to their own minds and bodies. I believe in live and let live. However, I have little tolerance for people putting the rest of the world in danger because of their idiot decisions. If you flee the scene of an accident, I am going to assume you were high or drunk, and the consequences for fleeing an injury accident should exceed those of driving under the influence. Wonderful that Rice is "owning" up to his actions, but the time to do that was at the scene. You don't get to run away and then claim you .are taking responsibility. Nothing about his actions says "responsible" to me.
LNo doubt. The "taking full responsibility" talking point is 100% PR hogwash IMO. That ship sailed.
100%. Now days people typically only take responsibility if it legally makes sense for them to do so. I assume society only gets better from here on out.

What gets lost in all this is back and forth is "WHAT" could have happened. He purposefully drove a vehicle on the expressway at high speed and caused a multi-car accident. It's not a fender bender the cars were totaled. And he chose to do this and decided to endanger lives. I could almost understand this if he was high or drunk at least then we can point to the fact his judgment was impaired. But with free will, he chose to put his life and the lives of others at risk. I do not wish Rice any harm and I want to believe he has learned from this however I also hope he receives a punishment worthy of the actions he chose.

Hypothetical scenario here...

As the 5 guys are fleeing the scene, 2 more morons come racing down the highway, skid out of control, and run over the 5 guys. Can the second set of morons sue the 5 guys for vehicle damage, because they were illegally walking on a highway?

My daughter’s loser ex-boyfriend did a very similar thing in Arizona. He was drunk and decided to drag race a mustang driving next to him on the freeway. But the Mustang was a cop 😂

So he speeds off and gets pulled over and then runs and hides. Helicopters and dogs couldn’t find him. Of course, they had the car and eventually found him a few days later.

He was charged with a felony and had his license revoked for two year and had to do some time. This was a few years back so I don’t remember all the details, but he asked the judge why the penalties were so harsh and the judge said - well if we don’t make them harsher than a DUI then everyone would just bail now wouldn’t they?

So seems relevant here.

My daughter’s loser ex-boyfriend did a very similar thing in Arizona. He was drunk and decided to drag race a mustang driving next to him on the freeway. But the Mustang was a cop 😂

So he speeds off and gets pulled over and then runs and hides. Helicopters and dogs couldn’t find him. Of course, they had the car and eventually found him a few days later.

He was charged with a felony and had his license revoked for two year and had to do some time. This was a few years back so I don’t remember all the details, but he asked the judge why the penalties were so harsh and the judge said - well if we don’t make them harsher than a DUI then everyone would just bail now wouldn’t they?

So seems relevant here.
Fleeing the scene is akin to refusing a breathalyzer, so he should be given a DUI regardless

Either that or possession in the commission of a crime triggers an escalator.

Not saying it does - just saying it might.

So seems relevant here.
Fleeing the scene is akin to refusing a breathalyzer, so he should be given a DUI regardless
He didn’t get pulled over for suspicion of DUI though so maybe that had something to do with it.

Folks are panicking, I took the risk, sent Zay Flowers for Rice + 3.04 in one FFPC Dynasty league, I'll risk that all day long

Fired off an offer of Gabe Davis and the 3.05 to an owner just to see what happened, got back …

Davis, 2.04 and a ‘25 2nd likely to be very early

This is non SF. Initially I scoffed but I’ve left it sitting there to consider. What say anybody ?

Fired off an offer of Gabe Davis and the 3.05 to an owner just to see what happened, got back …

This is non SF. Initially I scoffed but I’ve left it sitting there to consider. What say anybody ?
I’d do it personally. Rice was like what? 1.07 at least before this? Dont think he’ll be gone long enough for this not to be worth upgrading Gabe.

I’d be tempted. That said, Davis stock is rising with what’s likely to be a decent target share. The 2 early 2nds is a lot, I’d shoot it back with only 1 of the 2nds.

Users who are viewing this thread