What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (1 Viewer)

According to Reese's Senior Bowl, Nevada WR Romeo Doubs led all National Team receivers by reaching 21.25 MPH on a deep route according to Zebra Technology.

Doubs (6'2/200) proved himself at the collegiate level by recording back-to-back 1,000 yard receiving seasons in former Nevada OC Matt Mumme's air raid offense. At the Senior Bowl he is battling a strong group of wideouts in order to enhance his draft stock, as he helped to gain some recognition by recording the top speed among all wideouts. Other notable marks were generated by Alec Pierce - 19.82 MPH, and Bo Melton - 18.41 MPH. Doubs currently projects as a mid-round prospect who is looking so solidify his draft status with an impact showing at the Senior Bowl.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl

Feb 1, 2022, 3:14 PM ET

Nevada WR Romeo Doubs led all G5 receivers with eight touchdowns of 20 or more yards in 2021.

Doubs (6'2/200) is an explosive receiver that's coming into the draft with back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. His ability for the quick burst makes him prime as a deep threat and showed that ability with most touchdowns of 20 or more yards amongst group five receivers. He doesn't have the best ability in run routes and will have problems breaking off press coverage. As of now, he's projected to be a mid-round pick.

SOURCE: PFF College

Apr 9, 2022, 3:01 PM ET

Packers selected Nevada WR Romeo Doubs with the No. 132 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Doubs (6'2/201) operated as a deep threat at Nevada with a 14.5 career aDOT, but he did not work out in the pre-draft process so it's unclear how well that skillset will translate to the NFL. Doubs had a productive college career with a 28% career yardage share and impressive seasons in each of his final three years. He has a good chance to win a starting outside role in time, most likely as a Josh Reynolds level producer. The Doubs selection might signal Green Bay's intentions of using Christian Watson as more than just a deep threat, even as a rookie. With Watson working the entire length of the field, Doubs would be free to fill Marquez Valdes-Scantling's role more directly. No matter how things shake out, Doubs will likely be stuck in a rotational role for his debut campaign.

Apr 30, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

Romeo Doubs WR, NEVADA

Height: 6-2, Weight: 201

I like this pick more in Green Bay than I would have for other teams. Doubs is a field-stretcher who tracks it awesomely deep. Spindly frame and not great at beating press. Won't be a big-time separator and YAC is average. (Chris Trapasso)

Ben Fennell @BenFennell_NFL

Romeo Doubs has some f'n legit film... I think he could be one of the steals of the draft

Good size/speed. Rolls off LOS. Good burst/acceleration. Excellent tracking/high point. Minimal drops on HIGH volume of targets. Plays thru contact/competes in route. Patient/set up routes.
https://twitter.com/benfennell_nfl/status/1520646263913414656?s=21

Eli Burkovits @BookofEli_NFL

I think the #Packers got an absolute steal drafting Romeo Doubs in the 4th round at 132nd overall. 

Doubs is coming off of back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons to go along with 26 career TDs.

Doubs can beat you deep and over the middle with no fear of catching balls in traffic.
https://twitter.com/bookofeli_nfl/status/1521647763355619328?s=21

Draft capital be damned, I think Doubs v. Watson is close to a 50-50 battle in GB. 
I think Doubs is more NFL ready right now.

I drafted Doubs yesterday at 5.5 then someone immediately offered me a 2023#4. I ended up trading him for a 2023 third round pick. Kind of regret it but I have a lot of picks in this league so trying to move some to next year.

menobrown said:

I drafted Doubs yesterday at 5.5 then someone immediately offered me a 2023#4. I ended up trading him for a 2023 third round pick. Kind of regret it but I have a lot of picks in this league so trying to move some to next year.
I encountered this exact scenario in one of my league. He didn’t have a 3rd so I tried unsuccessfully to work him into a bigger deal with no success. I’ve since scooped him up in 4/6 leagues in 5th and 6th rounds. If he doesn’t hit oh well but if he does I win me some shares

menobrown said:

Just took him as the 61st player (IDP) after unsuccessfully trying to trade up a few times to get him. Then I see him go in the 2nd in a duplicate league. 

I encountered this exact scenario in one of my league. He didn’t have a 3rd so I tried unsuccessfully to work him into a bigger deal with no success. I’ve since scooped him up in 4/6 leagues in 5th and 6th rounds. If he doesn’t hit oh well but if he does I win me some shares

All sounds very familiar.

When I drafted Doubs in the 5th and was offered a 2023 4th I tried to turn it into a slightly bigger deal with no success and then after I traded him for a 2023 third round pick I ended up taking him at 3.11 and 4.9 in two other leagues.

FWIW, and this was on my mind when I I got the offer right after I drafted him, but last time this happened to me was when Diontae Johnson came out and I had drafted him at 3.10. Same guy in same league that offered me something for Doubs immediately offered me something for Diontae. Both when I drafted Diontae and Doubs he had the pick behind me so here's to hoping Doubs works out nearly as well as Diontae.

All sounds very familiar.

When I drafted Doubs in the 5th and was offered a 2023 4th I tried to turn it into a slightly bigger deal with no success and then after I traded him for a 2023 third round pick I ended up taking him at 3.11 and 4.9 in two other leagues.

FWIW, and this was on my mind when I I got the offer right after I drafted him, but last time this happened to me was when Diontae Johnson came out and I had drafted him at 3.10. Same guy in same league that offered me something for Doubs immediately offered me something for Diontae. Both when I drafted Diontae and Doubs he had the pick behind me so here's to hoping Doubs works out nearly as well as Diontae.
This seems to be a trend. I was just offered a 23 3rd for him plus one of my fifths. I declined. No counter yet. 

I now have him as my most owned WR in dynasty. Took him in 19/23 rookie drafts at an average ADP of 4.04. 15 of those are SF and 8 are 1QB but I took him as early as 3.04 in SF and as late as 6.10 in 1QB. His rookie ADP according to paid FFPC data is at 4.12, so I don't think I reached too far. Not that I care because I have always been a go get my guy drafter. But I did the math and my reaching in so many drafts drove ADP down from 5.01 to 4.12 so that is fun. I also had him much, much higher on my board and looking at the other names available when I took Doubs... this was not drafting for need, this was not drafting across tiers. This was the opposite. This was staying true to my tiers and just grabbing (perceived) value like crazy.

I have received zero offers from anyone but I suspect as we get into summer that will change. Hope the kid has a big year, we'll see. 

ETA - As for not drafting for need here - I really needed RB in some spots and was super strong at WR already but Doubs was just too sweet to pass on vs some day 3 RBs

Last edited by a moderator:
Took him in 19/23 rookie drafts at an average ADP of 4.04. 
That's a lot of Doubs and a lot of leagues!

I do have a mild concern GB brings in a Landry type who soaks up a lot of targets this season and Watson is ready for the big rime next year.

My drafting of Doubs is mainly due to my belief that Watson is not NFL ready and I'm having a hard time seeing Lazard as the #1WR all year, which I view him as being right now.

So that gets me into thought process of if not them then who and Doubs seems like most likely candidate on the roster.  But I've been trying to hedge against him as well.  The 3 times I drafted Doubs I also drafted a veteran WR that was in my draft on my expectation GB eventually goes this route. I ended up taking Doubs on a team two teams I also drafted Will Fuller and the team I traded him away was a team I drafted Julio. For good measure threw in a late Antonio Brown pick.

These picks are almost 100% made when I"m already at a point I'm drafting players who will push my roster past the roster size. In other words players that I had to make cuts to day would get cut. So that's the other part of this for me is I'm at a point in the draft where I prioritize a player having a chance to show me he has value before cuts. If Doubs has a big camp and opens as a starter or is top 3 on the depth chart that's almost certainly going to qualify him as that for me and most I would guess, you would feel like you got something tangible of value in him. For comp's sake let's say a comparable drafted WR like Wandale Robinson or Thornton open on top 3 depth charts for their teams and I'd still not feel confident I got anything.Not sure if I'm explaining that well just trying with the open depth chart and QB he has a stronger chance then most WR's drafted in his area to make me think I got something worth holding onto before I got to do cuts.

Love these threads.  Now have this guy targeted in a couple leagues.  I think his value, draft-capital-wise, is better than Watson.

My drafting of Doubs is mainly due to my belief that Watson is not NFL ready and I'm having a hard time seeing Lazard as the #1WR all year, which I view him as being right now.

So that gets me into thought process of if not them then who and Doubs seems like most likely candidate on the roster. 
Yeah I largely agree. I find it funny that people (including me) have ripped on GB for not adding WRs all these years to pair with Adams. And then when he leaves to Vegas, GB finally drafts two WRs in the first 4 rounds and people are fading the second one (who is presumably much more polished) for some strange reason. I really think there is room for both of these rookies to take hold of the 1 and 2 roles. I think Tonyan and Lazard are JAGs that Rodgers may lean on more on 3rd down, but otherwise the "plan" is to have somebody else step up. I think Doubs has a legit chance to earn the #1 role in year 1. At least in terms of the opportunity that lays in front of him. Who knows if he will actually mesh with Rodgers, being a pro, the rest of it, but like we've said, he has as good a chance as any on the roster.

I think Julio and Landry are done physically. I wouldn't be surprised if they got picked up somewhere and then cut. Maybe GB makes a trade but IDK who that would be at this point. The Metcalf smoke seems to have tamped down, but Seattle brass is infamously full of garbage to the press.

I have him in 5 of my 13 FFPC leagues but I don't think I've taken him before round 5, more often round 6.  If someone were to offer me a 2023 3rd I'd snap accept.  He seems like a high floor low ceiling type but he does look NFL ready so he might flash enough in preseason to be a flip candidate.

I think he's a fine flier given the Packers depth chart and probably undervalued compared to the draft capital needed to get Watson.   I don't have a great read on Ray G Que as an evaluator of college talent (recent discovery, but I've been entertained by his podcast).   He seemed to be out on Doubs based on how easily he could be jammed at the line of scrimmage.   That opinion might have been based largely on the Senior Bowl though.   Not sure where Waldman came in on him.   Cecil and Sig seemed to have good things to say on the NFC North draft recap.  

I'm not sure if I'm on board yet at the end of the 3rd, but he would be a consideration  (sounds like I might not even have to make that decision).

Yeah I largely agree. I find it funny that people (including me) have ripped on GB for not adding WRs all these years to pair with Adams. And then when he leaves to Vegas, GB finally drafts two WRs in the first 4 rounds and people are fading the second one (who is presumably much more polished) for some strange reason. I really think there is room for both of these rookies to take hold of the 1 and 2 roles. I think Tonyan and Lazard are JAGs that Rodgers may lean on more on 3rd down, but otherwise the "plan" is to have somebody else step up. I think Doubs has a legit chance to earn the #1 role in year 1. At least in terms of the opportunity that lays in front of him. Who knows if he will actually mesh with Rodgers, being a pro, the rest of it, but like we've said, he has as good a chance as any on the roster.

I think Julio and Landry are done physically. I wouldn't be surprised if they got picked up somewhere and then cut. Maybe GB makes a trade but IDK who that would be at this point. The Metcalf smoke seems to have tamped down, but Seattle brass is infamously full of garbage to the press.
Agreed. But is OBJ still available?

Agreed. But is OBJ still available?
Thank you that was the other one I was trying to remember. I like OBJ actually and hope he recovers well, but I'm not optimistic there either. Doesn't mean they won't bring him in anyway. I'm wondering if Amari Rodgers is a sleeper here. I can see a world where it is some combo of Lazard/Watson/Doubs for the 2 outside guys with someone like Amari Rodgers almost exclusively in the slot while the other three rotate. Doubtful anyone commands anything within a couple orders of magnitude of what Davante did so I feel like anything is possible here. 

I picked him at 13.4 in a 14-team ppr dynasty startup fwiw. Lots of targets to soak up in Green Bay, someone is going to step up.

Missing out on Tolbert by 1 pick I snagged Doubs.  I have high hopes.
I rather have Doubs over Tolbert.  We know that Lamb, Schultz, Gallups, and Zeke are Dak's preferred targets.    Doubs has a chance to explode on a WR-needy/starving team in Packers.  Knowing that every defensive opponents committing on stopping the run (and lack of field stretchers), Rodgers will have a few receivers open to pass to.

I don't understand how he's lost value.

Didn't have a pick in my latest rookie draft until 3.10.  Was my target the whole time, and was sweating he wouldn't make it to me.  Love him as a prospect.

I don't understand how he's lost value.

Didn't have a pick in my latest rookie draft until 3.10.  Was my target the whole time, and was sweating he wouldn't make it to me.  Love him as a prospect.
Got him at 3.11 a couple weeks ago. :thumbup:  

Cosell comped him to Davante Adams which certainly got my attention...I'm targeting in the only dynasty league I'm in.

i gots 3.08 and looking at him or henry's backup in ten, haskins.

what would you do?
Tough choice…a lot depends on your roster construction…I would probably go with Haskins…Doubs has a better opportunity to shine but if Henry goes down the reward for Haskins could be immense and it is much tougher to find RBs than WRs in today’s environment…either way you get a solid prospect with a late pick.

ROMEO DOUBS WR, GREEN BAY PACKERS

ESPN's Rob Demovsky believes rookie WR Romeo Doubs looks "NFL ready."

Doubs, a fourth-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft, has reportedly starred in the early going of Green Bay's training camp. On Thursday, he made a highlight reel touchdown reception on a back shoulder fade from Aaron Rodgers. Doubs, 22, had a productive college career at Nevada with a 28 percent career yardage share and impressive seasons in each of his final three years, operating mostly as a deep threat. Doubs has turned heads at Packers camp while second-round rookie WR Christian Watson is sidelined following knee surgery. Doubs has a chance to start in three-receiver sets for Green Bay, and should be drafted in deeper formats. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Jul 29, 2022, 9:56 AM ET

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10862951?category=headlines

let the hype begin 

Not surprised by this at all. Truthfully, I thought he and Watson were about equal prospects. Doubs was always more NFL ready, and the depth chart is wide open. 

Drafted him in almost all my FFPC leagues and offers are coming in. One as light so I rejcted, One I parlayed into a bigger deal and another I just Got was straight up for Rondale Moore. I’m not a fan of Rondell but this is some good value.

Users who are viewing this thread