What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (2 Viewers)

Teams will have to double Hill leaving one-on-one for Watkins and Kelce. If Mahomes can be decent they should be able to move the ball rather easily. 
Well they triple covered Tyreek last week and we saw how that worked out. They might want to quadruple cover Tyreek moving forward.

Well they triple covered Tyreek last week and we saw how that worked out. They might want to quadruple cover Tyreek moving forward.
I would have bet that comment was coming! I don't think the hail mary attempt to Hill when triple covered is going to be an every week completion. 

I would have bet that comment was coming! I don't think the hail mary attempt to Hill when triple covered is going to be an every week completion. 
Obviously not every week but Tyreek makes a habit of beating double teams deep. He always has a safety over the top on him. It doesn't matter and Mahomes is going to push the ball down the field more.

Just looking at the box score so not sure how he looked or against who but 8 targets.......8 catches for 88 yards looks really good. If my numbers are right that's 14-182-1 on 14 targets in a little over 4 quarters. Watkins in that same span had 1-15-0 on 7 targets. 

Anybody still worried about Watkins?

Just looking at the box score so not sure how he looked or against who but 8 targets.......8 catches for 88 yards looks really good. If my numbers are right that's 14-182-1 on 14 targets in a little over 4 quarters. Watkins in that same span had 1-15-0 on 7 targets. 

I saw that box score also, yes I'm getting worried about Sammy. I would have thought this game being the "dress rehearsal" Sammy would have been featured more. At this stage it looks like Hill is going to be the KC and FF WR1  and Sammy will be the KC WR2 but in fantasy just a flex player.

I saw that box score also, yes I'm getting worried about Sammy. I would have thought this game being the "dress rehearsal" Sammy would have been featured more. At this stage it looks like Hill is going to be the KC and FF WR1  and Sammy will be the KC WR2 but in fantasy just a flex player.
I think you are being too kind to Sammy.  He's not startable

nope Watkins is a good decoy.....

Seems like with Hill going deep (drawing opposing team's # 1 corner each game), it is Kelce that will benefit big time here (as opposed to Sammy).

I really want Hill but I'd have to take him @ 2.03 if I want him because I don't think he'd last until 3.09. ugh.
I got him at the turn last night from he 1 spot. He made it to 2.12/3.01

The dude at 3.04 was pissed, so I’m guessing you’re right.

that said ya never know - some folks aren’t believers. I think he’s gonna have a monster season. 

Hill's a star.  Andy Reid is an offensive mastermind.  I need these articles about "avoid Tyreke Hill" to keep coming out.  

He needs 1 touch to break it open.  8 catches today makes me feel confident he's going to get the looks.  Watkins, Kelce, Hunt mean that defenses can't just sit on him.  Dude's going to be a stud for the forseeable future.

Not a huge Hill fan at the time, but was at the 3-4 turn and he was still there so I grabbed a share as my WR2. That was an early August draft. Seems he has move up draft boards. If Hill gets targeted like this all year, he should be a top 5 WR. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded the 1.4 and golladay for him in 1 league and got him in the third in another...I’m very excited for this year

Does the fact that, as per FBG, the Chiefs have THE WORST strength of schedule for WRs, bother anyone ? I know you can't be a slave to SOS, but it is a factor that I personally look at.

Not a huge Hill fan at the time, but was at the 3-4 turn and he was still there so I grabbed a share as my WR2. That was an early August draft. Seems he has move up draft boards. If Hill gets targeted like this all year, he should be The #1 WR in FF. 
Fixed you post

Does the fact that, as per FBG, the Chiefs have THE WORST strength of schedule for WRs, bother anyone ? I know you can't be a slave to SOS, but it is a factor that I personally look at.
No - because his game isn’t predicated on coverage. He can change the game on a dime by outrunning the defense. Long as the OL holds long enough to get him the ball he has the game breaking speed to beat anyone. 

I would too but it's super close. 2 weeks ago you could get both of them with DJ in the 1st. 
So...

tier 1: AB

Tier 2: ODB, Hopkins, Julio

Tier 3: Adams, Tyreek, Evans

(that’s how they’ve been drafted pretty consistently)

:shrug:

ETA - I have Adams in tier 2, personally. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So...

tier 1: AB

Tier 2: ODB, Hopkins, Julio

Tier 3: Adams, Tyreek, Evans

(that’s how they’ve been drafted pretty consistently)

:shrug:
I agree with this except I'd probably put Green and Thomas in over Evans. I like Hill in the mid 2nd this year. It's crazy that a WR going into their 3rd year after finishing wr3 is getting overlooked like this. 

Yeah I'm talking about how I have them ranked. Not ADP. I have Tyreek ahead of Adams. 
I’ve got Adams ahead in standard format. But it’s close. Closer still in leagues with bonuses for long TDs. 

PPR scoring I’ve got them pretty close as well, but I still give the edge to Adams. 

I also give the edge to Adams for his QB & the GB offense’s track record. 

I see them with similar ceilings,  but I believe Adams has a higher floor while they have similar ceiling.

but I can also see a season develop where a young strong-armed QB develops magical chemistry with his lightning fast WR & they have one of those seasons for the ages. It’s a small chance but 8/88 days make me wonder if Hill can catch 100+ this year. It’s absolutely possible he outscores Adams. But Adams remains the safer pick.

Sometimes the risks pay off. Drafting at 1.01 I was psyched to get Evans & Hill at the turn, even though I missed Adams by one pick. Had Adams made it I likely would have gone Adams/Evans so maybe my league-mate did me a favor.   :shrug:

I’ve got Adams ahead in standard format. But it’s close. Closer still in leagues with bonuses for long TDs. 

PPR scoring I’ve got them pretty close as well, but I still give the edge to Adams. 

I also give the edge to Adams for his QB & the GB offense’s track record. 

I see them with similar ceilings,  but I believe Adams has a higher floor while they have similar ceiling.

but I can also see a season develop where a young strong-armed QB develops magical chemistry with his lightning fast WR & they have one of those seasons for the ages. It’s a small chance but 8/88 days make me wonder if Hill can catch 100+ this year. It’s absolutely possible he outscores Adams. But Adams remains the safer pick.

Sometimes the risks pay off. Drafting at 1.01 I was psyched to get Evans & Hill at the turn, even though I missed Adams by one pick. Had Adams made it I likely would have gone Adams/Evans so maybe my league-mate did me a favor.   :shrug:
I can't really argue with this post it's logical. Adams is very safe. I'd def take Tyreek ahead of Evans though.....

I agree with this except I'd probably put Green and Thomas in over Evans. I like Hill in the mid 2nd this year. It's crazy that a WR going into their 3rd year after finishing wr3 is getting overlooked like this. 
I’ve had Green 3 straight years & while I love the dude, and love his game, I hate his OL & QB, Dalton seems to be regressing. Last year was pretty hard to watch. I don’t see the Bengals as being much improved from then. I know it’s just preseason, but Mixon looks like hot garbage. A few weeks back I was sayin he could have a top 5 season. After seeing his preseason work, I’m wondering if any Bengal is worth taking in the 1-2 rounds. 

Green should be a solid lower tier WR1, but I’ve got him below all the guys I listed. Call him tier 4. 

Thomas as well. He’s been in decline 3 straight years, and the Broncos seem like they want to pound the rock more. - I see Thomas as an upside voice-back candidate but nowhere near as reliable as alll the dudes I listed + AJ. I might even put Diggs ahead of Thomas if I knew Diggs would play 16. Certainly the potential to return to form, but that’s no lock. Which is probably why his ADP is where it is. 

The only difference with Evans the last 4 seasons are his TDs. I know 12, 4, 12, 3 are huge swings, but his receptions & yardage is pretty similar year to year and he has age on his side.  The only reason I’ve got Evans behind Adams is Winston’s suspension. But fitzmagic might be able to get him the rock - we’ll see. 

So for me at least Thomas & Green are tick below. I may be underrating both - I concede they both have ceilings good enough to make me regret this ranking in redraft.  By big picture I think they have enough red flags to drop them down a tick. 

I can't really argue with this post it's logical. Adams is very safe. I'd def take Tyreek ahead of Evans though.....
I agree with this now. Last night I was less certain, so I’m glad I didn’t have to make that choice. I likely would have chosen wrong. :lol:  

I agree with Adams over Hill.  

That said, I feel like you've got to take Adams in the 2nd to get him.  Hill's going in the 3rd.  I've leaned on RB/RB so far.  Hill's a reasonable 3rd round pick up.

At what slot? Definitely not 10.
Are you saying don't go RB/RB at 10, or you're not getting Hill at 3.10?

Hill's ADP for FBG PPR data has him at 29.  He'll probably move up slightly, especially in more competitive leagues.  So you may not see him at 3.10 a lot.

Are you saying don't go RB/RB at 10, or you're not getting Hill at 3.10?

Hill's ADP for FBG PPR data has him at 29.  He'll probably move up slightly, especially in more competitive leagues.  So you may not see him at 3.10 a lot.
What I am saying. You cant have it all. gotta choose. He will not be there for sure imho.

Users who are viewing this thread