What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

3, 4, 8, 9

Are you counting fractions? We only get a point if a player exceeds the lowest 10th. For instance, 16 rushing yards will only get you a point. In week 9, Tyreek had 9 points, 2 for catches, 6 for receiving, and 1 for rushing.
that's pretty archaic, not using a decimal place 

I'm dealing with some old school dudes in my league (the league has been around forever) so I'm just happy it's .5 PPR and we're using blind bidding waivers! Ha!
Yeah, I would try and get that changed at the next draft party lol.  That's really strange

Wasn't it Harstad who helped dispel the notion that week-to-week consistency matters on it's own in fantasy? Largely, except in extreme cases, points are points at the end of the year and you'll win the same number of games.

But there's actually more value to guys who can also win you the week themselves imo, it's unlikely they'll lose you more games than they'll win you. A WR1 who can "disappoint" and score 12-14 on down weeks is perfectly normal...a guy who can also realistically score 40 any given week is not normal. 
Agreed. Those are the kinds of players I want on my team, so if some "miss", the others will carry them.

In my league after that performance Hill moved into the number 1 scoring wr .. and people said he wasn't a number 1 wideout he's inconsistent yes but he has explosions like no other wr

Trying to bring the ball back on that last punt was kind of selfish though. Let it bounce in the end zone, your team comes out to the 20 and you save 10 seconds on the clock. A bit stupid.

By my calculations in FFPC scoring (which is PPR with performance scoring-so he gets 6 points for a punt return) he just barely moved ahead of Theilen into WR2 in PPG just barely behind Michael Thomas. Which is interesting to me because this offseason I traded Thomas straight up for Hill, this was back in early spring. A few league members asked me what was I thinking, why was I down on Thomas ,and I told them it had nothing to do with Thomas, it was just about needing to get Hill.

Some weeks I second guess this trade and sure wish I could have found a way to use an asset other then Thomas  but not sure I'd take any WR over Hill in dynasty if you ask me tonight.

Also I would have thought it would be smart for the chiefs on the last drive to just send Hill on a vertical and try to do a quicker throw to him while running since there’s a solid chance you get a flag on the play or he comes down with it instead of what happened on the last play where he more had to slow down and come back for the ball

Well, the next big thing is gonna be let me find the fastest midget and over draft him because I think he could be tyreek hill, even though I have Joe flacco/Lamar Jackson at QB. 

On pace for a 94-1594-16 season.....and the scary part is we haven't seen peak Tyreek/Mahomes yet. Tyreek's 24 and Mahomes is 23.......there's more to come. 

The way the rules have changed in the NFL in regards to what defenses are allowed to do makes Tyreek virtually un-guardable. 

Hill doesn't seem to get tired either.  Amazing motor on him.

But someone needs to tell him that fielding a punt on the goal line is stupid.  

Tyreek Hill caught 10-of-14 targets for 215 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' 54-51, Week 11 loss to the Rams on Monday night.

The Rams opted to stick soon-to-be 31-year-old Sam Shields on Hill most of the night, sliding Marcus Peters away from him and into the slot on Travis Kelce. Safe to say that it didn't work. Hill whooped Shields all night long, getting open at will, and had his first-ever 200-yard receiving game. His big play was a 73-yard touchdown strike where Hill was wide open downfield, stopped and stood still after catching the ball before walking in the end zone when Shields fell down early in the route. Hill is already well over 1,000 yards on the season heading into the bye and will get a tasty draw with the Raiders in Week 13. Hill is an elite WR1.

Nov 20 - 12:18 AM

I would have gladly taken him @ 2:12. It crossed my mind @ 2.03 but when with CMC since he was there to pair with Gordon.
Bear in mind that when I drafted, Hill’s ADP was 3.07.

In my other league I had the 11 pick, and took Gordon. I very nearly took Hill at 2.02, but went with my higher ranked Keenan Allen, despite going back to back Chargers.

Allen hasn’t been bad. But he hasn’t been Hill. :doh:  

So sick that I lost this week despite having him go last night, the gap plus my opponent having Woods and Butker going was too big to breach. What a fun player to own though, even in personal defeat. I'll be sad when the season ends and my one year rental is over. He will be a top 10 overall pick next year, no early third round steals next year.

I have Hill in 4/6 leagues and Mahomes in 5/6. Needless to say it's been a pretty good year so far. 

The NFL has never before seen a player who combines Hill's world class track speed with elite agility and innate football skills.

Usually these track types are not natural football players. 

Having him and Mahomes in my dynasty league has made it nearly unfair. Currently undefeated and hoping everyone can stay healthy for a once in a lifetime finish. 

Not only is he the fastest guy on the field but he is running great routes and showing excellent hands. His strength for his size is unusual as well. Truly a unique specimen. That sideline grab where he was able to hang on with the threat of being clobbered and the contact being made was special. 

Andrew74 said:
So glad I’m on this train now in dynasty.   :drive:
So sad I only have him in 1 of my 3 dynasty leagues.

Good news is that, in my startup FFPC 1.5pprTE league, I went Kelce in the 2nd and came back with Hill in the 3rd. Seems like highway robbery now.

Because you needed to know. :)

So glad I traded for him and at least have him in 1 dynasty league. Gave up David Johnson & Sammy Watkins to land him and Fournette and even with Fournette missing a lot of games I LOVE the trade. Hill is so freaking good

So sad I only have him in 1 of my 3 dynasty leagues.

Good news is that, in my startup FFPC 1.5pprTE league, I went Kelce in the 2nd and came back with Hill in the 3rd. Seems like highway robbery now.

Because you needed to know. :)
Have him in one dynasty (traded for him as a throw early in his rookie year!) and so bummed did another start up this year as auction and really wanted him as knew I could get him at decent price but was kind of scared of doubling up and wanted to mitigate risk so paid a little less for TY as my WR2. Obviously kicking myself severely over that as I'd have Mahomes/Kamara/OBJ/Tyreek! Point to the shirt boo hoo I know. :)  

Traded for and drafted him everywhere. I knew this was coming. Called it before the season started. 
Reached for Hill and CMC as my projections had them both as top 3 at their position at the end of the year. CMC may not quite make it but working out nicely so far. All of my mocks had me taking Adams over Hill, which wouldn’t have been terrible either. Unfortunately no keeper status on Hill so I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pretty freaking high praise here and I agree with everything he is saying about Hill's game but WOW to the bolded part. Author is Mike Lombardi and the Davis he references is Al.

https://theathletic.com/666441/2018/11/20/monday-night-football-chiefs-rams-jared-goff-patrick-mahomes/

But Hill is, indeed, a game changer and Davis would have loved having him on the field. His combination of rare explosive speed, hands, and power make him the most dangerous player in the NFL. Just based on the talent level on the field, if the Giants called and offered Odell Beckham Jr. for Hill, the Chiefs would laugh out loud. There is no offensive player like Hill in the NFL and there is no defender on any team that can take him out of the game. You cannot jam him at the line of scrimmage; he is too strong. You cannot allow him free access into his route; he is way too fast. He must be doubled on every single play regardless of where he aligns and Chiefs coach Andy Reid does a great job of finding ways to formation Hill away from double teams.

Users who are viewing this thread