What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

Ok but this article basically says 4 game suspension reduced to 2 is the most likely outcome. It discusses longer suspensions but says at this point those look unlikely. 
“Unlikely” wasn’t my takeaway.  I think it was as responsible conjecture from a guy who knows the ropes that Tyreek’s situation looks more favorable than it might have a month ago but, depending on the state of numerous variables still unknown to us, he is still at substantial risk of prolonged, if not indefinite suspension.

“Unlikely” wasn’t my takeaway.  I think it was as responsible conjecture from a guy who knows the ropes that Tyreek’s situation looks more favorable than it might have a month ago but, depending on the state of numerous variables still unknown to us, he is still at substantial risk of prolonged, if not indefinite suspension.
We must have read a different article. No worries. Cheers!

It wasn't an article it was a comment in an article somewhere and it was more than one if I recall correctly. I'm just saying it doesn't seem like they have any good sources inside on this situation and might have jumped the gun. I can understand why with Tyreeks background. Just saying......
Ok. Please be a little more certain next time before you claim "I'm sorry but FBG is not the ones to listen to on this situation. They have been as wrong as you could be from the beginning." 

Thanks. This is our best take right now on the situation. It's not a certainty by any stretch. It's how we see it from someone with experience in this type of proceedings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Please be a little more certain next time before you claim "I'm sorry but FBG is not the ones to listen to on this situation. They have been as wrong as you could be from the beginning." 

Thanks. This is our best take right now on the situation. It's not a certainty by any stretch. It's how we see it from someone with experience in this type of proceedings. 
Ok I will but to be clear I am certain it was an FBG article and they had a little section at the bottom on Tyreek by himself. It was the WR tiers article put out last week or the week before. I just can't find that article. 

Without knowing anything about what has or hasn't been going on during this process, its almost impossible from anyone on the outside including legal experts etc. to zero in on an outcome....the article doesn’t really say anything that hasn’t been discussed...it just kind of puts a bow on it......Hill’s caseplan could have been very minimal....it could have been extensive...heck for all we know maybe the child has been returned to his custody already....but maybe not to the mother or vice versa....we also don’t even really know what the family dynamics were before all this happened...so what would “reunifying” really be... Hill may have had “custody” but how much was he really involved in the child’s life....are we assuming Hill and the mother lived together, were around each other all the time....2.3 kids a dog and a fenced in yard.....was Hill a long distance, in and out dad....or was he there every day, etc....when we talk of reunification, what does that really mean to Hill...is it going to be held against Hill in whatever decision happens soon if he doesn’t have custody back?.....is that fair to do....what was the context of his you should be scared of me too comment.....was it a physical threat or threat of him revealing information that she should be scared of....lots of stuff still unknown...just like it was at the beginning... the local KC radio guys seem to indicate they got some scoop that Hill could end up with a nice outcome....we will see...

Full audio of the recorded conversation is being played at 330 and 5 on 610 AM for anyone who is intersted.
Man, after hearing the full version, why in the world did the TV station only played the parts that they did other than trying to get ratings and probably was under the impression that the full version would never come out.  Listen to the full version and remember Tyreek has no clue at all that this is being recorded.  No wonder that his lawyers wanted the NFL to hear the full version.   Lucky for them they were able to get the full version.  But what if they weren’t able to get a copy of the full version, Tyreek would really be screwed. 

Man, after hearing the full version, why in the world did the TV station only played the parts that they did other than trying to get ratings and probably was under the impression that the full version would never come out.  Listen to the full version and remember Tyreek has no clue at all that this is being recorded.  No wonder that his lawyers wanted the NFL to hear the full version.   Lucky for them they were able to get the full version.  But what if they weren’t able to get a copy of the full version, Tyreek would really be screwed. 
Because the media has zero professionalism nor accountability.  It's a travesty what these people get away with today.

It could almost be argued that releasing a heavily edited version is criminal. 

It could almost be argued that releasing a heavily edited version is criminal. 
I've been in the neutral "let's wait until we get all the details" camp but this is a stretch. You could maybe try to argue defamation, which then starts to get down the slippery slope of what is and isn't considered legally "false." Hill said what he said on tape. This is incontrovertible. It's not false. But by providing select clips in a certain context, did the station intentionally - and I'm not a lawyer but can dust off some comm law classes from Syracuse - and with actual malice release just one portion to serve their own agenda? That would be the key question.

So if there emails/text where people at the station hate Hill and are saying "Oh man this will really kill this guy's career now. Scumbag. Let's do it. Screw releasing the whole tape let's just do this portion who cares." The maybe there is some kind of defamation case, but it's so hard for public figures to prove I doubt it's even worth the time it took me to type the above.

All that aside, from the selfish FF POV, penny-on-the-dollar sellers must be really kicking themselves. Nothing like losing your season by your own hand before mini-camps even start.

Dynasty is a lot like the stock market. Participants have to realize that more often than not doing nothing is doing something.

I've been in the neutral "let's wait until we get all the details" camp but this is a stretch. You could maybe try to argue defamation, which then starts to get down the slippery slope of what is and isn't considered legally "false." Hill said what he said on tape. This is incontrovertible. It's not false. But by providing select clips in a certain context, did the station intentionally - and I'm not a lawyer but can dust off some comm law classes from Syracuse - and with actual malice release just one portion to serve their own agenda? That would be the key question.

So if there emails/text where people at the station hate Hill and are saying "Oh man this will really kill this guy's career now. Scumbag. Let's do it. Screw releasing the whole tape let's just do this portion who cares." The maybe there is some kind of defamation case, but it's so hard for public figures to prove I doubt it's even worth the time it took me to type the above.

All that aside, from the selfish FF POV, penny-on-the-dollar sellers must be really kicking themselves. Nothing like losing your season by your own hand before mini-camps even start.

Dynasty is a lot like the stock market. Participants have to realize that more often than not doing nothing is doing something.
Who knows when they had the unedited version or if they knowingly were playing the edited version but if they knew they probably cost him 20 million dollars. He might want to look into it. 

Hell all of us at FBG should bring a class action for the pain and suffering it's brought us. I want free coffee for a month. 

Milkman said:
Who knows when they had the unedited version or if they knowing were playing the edited version but if they knew they probably cost him 20 million dollars. He might want to look into it. 

Hell all of us at FBG should bring a class action for the pain and suffering it's brought us. I want free coffee for a month. 
According to the news lady that broke all the information about T. Hill in April...On April 25th she tweeted that she had the audio for a couple days, she only released it when he was not charged and her "source" wanted her to.

According to the news lady that broke all the information about T. Hill in April...On April 25th she tweeted that she had the audio for a couple days, she only released it when he was not charged and her "source" wanted her to.
Well I hope it was worth it. She should at the very least be fired and if I was Tyreek I'd sue them for the money I lost. I'd go after them. That's at the very least completely unprofessional and at its worst they were knowingly framing Tyreek. 

That audio was neutral, didn't help him at all.  Makes the text messages that came out look fake and scripted.  Also her saying "I rode for you against CPS and that detective" isn't going to over well with the NFL.  Both parties have an incentive to lie or cover up anything that happened to protect themselves and Tyreek's payday.  We'll never know what really happened, but the NFL doesn't need beyond a shadow of a doubt to enact a suspension.

That audio was neutral, didn't help him at all.  Makes the text messages that came out look fake and scripted.  Also her saying "I rode for you against CPS and that detective" isn't going to over well with the NFL.  Both parties have an incentive to lie or cover up anything that happened to protect themselves and Tyreek's payday.  We'll never know what really happened, but the NFL doesn't need beyond a shadow of a doubt to enact a suspension.
I don't know how the full audio impacts Hill.  I agree it does make the text messages look fake; but it also changes, somewhat, the context of the original audio clips that were released a while back.

There's also the fact that Hill denies his role in his previous DV conviction.  Goodell seems to be big on players acknowledging that they were wrong, so that might not fly well. 

Again, if this were a criminal case, I don't see Hill being found guilty (as evidenced by the decision not to continue the criminal case against him).  It's not a criminal case, though, and Goodell doesn't have to believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Hill committed child abuse or DV.  If he feels like Hill is involved, or wasn't fully cooperative/truthful with the NFL, he can suspend him.

I don't know how the full audio impacts Hill.  I agree it does make the text messages look fake; but it also changes, somewhat, the context of the original audio clips that were released a while back.

There's also the fact that Hill denies his role in his previous DV conviction.  Goodell seems to be big on players acknowledging that they were wrong, so that might not fly well. 

Again, if this were a criminal case, I don't see Hill being found guilty (as evidenced by the decision not to continue the criminal case against him).  It's not a criminal case, though, and Goodell doesn't have to believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Hill committed child abuse or DV.  If he feels like Hill is involved, or wasn't fully cooperative/truthful with the NFL, he can suspend him.
I can't see Roger dinging Tyreek points for denying these old prior accusations in a private conversation to the one person in the world who was a witness to the actions he was accused of. When there are only two people in the elevator, they both know who farted.

I can't see Roger dinging Tyreek points for denying these old prior accusations in a private conversation to the one person in the world who was a witness to the actions he was accused of. When there are only two people in the elevator, they both know who farted.
I’d agree with you, if RG’s past actions were fair.  I don’t believe they have been, so I have a hard time expecting that in the future.

I'm not the best googler in the world. Any links to the full tape? I've found partials but not the whole thing.

ETA: Got it from the other thread.

Wow. Just heard the whole tape and it paints Tyreek in a whole different light. Actually sounds like a pretty level-headed dude, all things considered.

I think @Stinkin Ref is owed an apology by a lot of folks in this thread. He was the most vocal about waiting for things to play out, and was shot at pretty hard by a lot of posters.

Tyreek Hill's ex-fiancee Crystal Espinal has filed a petition saying he is the father of her recently-born twins, and that she is seeking full custody.

Espinal is trying to establish "supervised parenting time for (Hill) and child support." It's just the latest development in the pair's ongoing saga of legal issues. Espinal's friend released audio in April that seemed to implicate Hill in the physical abuse of the duo's son, though a longer recording released earlier this week actually had Hill denying the charges, as well as the 2014 allegation that he abused Espinal while pregnant. Hill met with league officials last month, with the meeting reportedly going well for the wideout. He is expected to report for Chiefs training camp later this month.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star

Jul 11, 2019, 9:53 PM ET

Good lord. 
Looks likes Tyreek has totally distanced himself from his girlfriend.  Just needs to establish child support/custody now.  I'm sure most people are not aware that she did the same thing basically in 2015.    This is an article that it is mentioned in:

"Hill’s ex-girlfriend gave birth to a boy in July 2015 and sued for paternity."

Tyreek 2014 Charges Dismissed and Expunged

I guess they got back together sometime after the son was born.

Looks likes Tyreek has totally distanced himself from his girlfriend.  Just needs to establish child support/custody now.  I'm sure most people are not aware that she did the same thing basically in 2015.    This is an article that it is mentioned in:

"Hill’s ex-girlfriend gave birth to a boy in July 2015 and sued for paternity."

Tyreek 2014 Charges Dismissed and Expunged

I guess they got back together sometime after the son was born.
Guessing they are not getting back after this.  Probably better for Hill's career.  Not so much the child/children.

Because the media has zero professionalism nor accountability.  It's a travesty what these people get away with today.
There was a time when we called it journalism. Then the professionalism, integrity, and accountability evaporated. Now it's just "media" which is quite accurate. It's outlets of mass dissemination of information without any intention of accuracy. 

jesseasi said:
Saw this - someone put this out there - no idea how legit it is.  Lots of people that want to remain anonymous. 

I bought Tyreek the day after the news broke - on the super super cheap.  This has been a lottery ticket for me all summer - so of course I am biased.  

Check it out 

https://medium.com/@claywendler/sex-lies-and-audiotape-can-tyreek-hill-outrun-espinal-family-control-95ca27954911
You don't have to be biased to buy into the fact that low-income defendants, especially young black males, get shafted by our legal system.  I don't have an opinion either way because we'll never get any quality facts at this point but this happens every day in this country.

There was a time when we called it journalism. Then the professionalism, integrity, and accountability evaporated. Now it's just "media" which is quite accurate. It's outlets of mass dissemination of information without any intention of accuracy. 
We can hope that one day the pendulum will swing back to a place in which the clicks go to those who were accurate and responsible in the past... In football analysis and otherwise. 

You don't have to be biased to buy into the fact that low-income defendants, especially young black males, get shafted by our legal system.  I don't have an opinion either way because we'll never get any quality facts at this point but this happens every day in this country.
With a public defender,  I’m not sure too many people accused of what Tyreek was being accused of, would plead not guilty.  That plea agreement would be too hard to turn down, even if you were innocent.  Probation for 3 years, after that, the charges are dismissed.   No way I would fight those charges, even if I was innocent.  I’m not saying that public defenders are horrible lawyers, I just think, with their caseloads, that they are not able to give the time and resource that a private attorney does. And I’m not saying Tyreek is innocent either.

With a public defender,  I’m not sure too many people accused of what Tyreek was being accused of, would plead not guilty.  That plea agreement would be too hard to turn down, even if you were innocent.  Probation for 3 years, after that, the charges are dismissed.   No way I would fight those charges, even if I was innocent.  I’m not saying that public defenders are horrible lawyers, I just think, with their caseloads, that they are not able to give the time and resource that a private attorney does. And I’m not saying Tyreek is innocent either.
If Tyreek would have moved on and stayed away from this girl I'd say it was 50/50 he was innocent.  There is zero chance he would have stuck around w/ this girl if he was innocent and got kicked out of OSU and his draft stock plunged for something he didn't do because of her.  I can see her sticking around if he did it for a pay day.

If Tyreek would have moved on and stayed away from this girl I'd say it was 50/50 he was innocent.  There is zero chance he would have stuck around w/ this girl if he was innocent and got kicked out of OSU and his draft stock plunged for something he didn't do because of her.  I can see her sticking around if he did it for a pay day.
It seems like one of them is abusive in the relationship, psychologically, physically, or both. From all the conflicting stories I'm not sure which way it goes. It doesn't surprise me that neither of them has left the relationship before now, because it's often quite hard for the abused to leave the abuser. No matter who is at fault, it seems like it's for the best that they not stay together. 

It seems like one of them is abusive in the relationship, psychologically, physically, or both. From all the conflicting stories I'm not sure which way it goes. It doesn't surprise me that neither of them has left the relationship before now, because it's often quite hard for the abused to leave the abuser. No matter who is at fault, it seems like it's for the best that they not stay together. 
What is the theory here on the original incident?  That Espinal choked herself out and punched her self in her pregnant belly?

What is the theory here on the original incident?  That Espinal choked herself out and punched her self in her pregnant belly?
if you click on the link and read it it talks about possibly no evidence of being punched in the belly....and her possibly self inflicting the wounds to her face and lip....and why Hill may have taken the deal even if he didn't do it....

I was under the impression they got back together after their son was born.  I’m only basing that on the fact she sued him in 2015 in a paternity suit.  Not sure how soon after the birth did they started seeing each other again.  They did break up for awhile, not sure why he would have ever gotten  back together with her, maybe for their boy, who knows.  I’m not trying to defend him, hopefully, whichever one of them is lying, will get religious and feel the need to tell the truth.  

I was under the impression they got back together after their son was born.  I’m only basing that on the fact she sued him in 2015 in a paternity suit.  Not sure how soon after the birth did they started seeing each other again.  They did break up for awhile, not sure why he would have ever gotten  back together with her, maybe for their boy, who knows.  I’m not trying to defend him, hopefully, whichever one of them is lying, will get religious and feel the need to tell the truth.  
That's the thing about getting religious, though.  You are forgiven for previous sins and the slate is wiped clean.  This isn't AA where you are supposed to apologize for your previous behavior.

If only it were that simple.  He was 20 years old and in love (or at least in lust).  This is the mother of his unborn child.  We don't know why he stayed with her.  There's even the "but Tyreek, I told the prosecutor I don't want to press charges, that I won't testify".  Once a DA has the narrative available, facts don't matter.  Any DA worth his salt will wipe the floor with against a PD when he's got an initial complaint of domestic abuse backed by hospital records that look anywhere near supporting it. 

The current narrative is that he told her he was going to break things off, and then later that night she showed up at the hospital with bruises on her face. One of the nurses (anonymous) said that they and other workers (but not all) thought the wounds looked self inflicted, and that there had been no punch to the stomach.

I don't know if any of that is true, that's just the most recent story to come out. At this point I have 0 clue what to believe so I don't want to condemn either person. One side says that Hill beat/choked his ex-fiancee at least twice and broke their kid's arm. The other side says that Crystal made everything up to try and trap him and was trying to trap other athletes prior to Hill until she got pregnant and that her family is trying to extort money out of him. I don't know which side to believe, or if it's some mix of both. At this point I've pretty much given up caring. 

My main point was that, him not walking away doesn't mean he's 100% guilty because people in psychologically abusive relationships can't easily get out.  He could still be 100% guilty, I just don't think that him staying is evidence of that.

with training camp set to start next week...kind of have a feeling the Chiefs, RG, and Team Tyreek are all trying to come to an agreement (that won't be appealed) before anything is announced....part of me is wondering why KC hasn't forced the NFL's hand a little and "reinstated" Hill for team activities, etc.....I guess everybody is trying to play nice but at some point enough is enough....does KC think if they don't press the issue then it will help with a more positive outcome....?...I realize new details and angles seem to keep coming up, but you have to think at some point they need to poop or get off the pot...is there really that much information they don't have at this point...?...for KC and Tyreek, the sooner this gets resolved, the easier it gets as there is more time for things to be "forgotten" before the season starts...as the days go by, more and more attention starts ramping up on the NFL...

with training camp set to start next week...kind of have a feeling the Chiefs, RG, and Team Tyreek are all trying to come to an agreement (that won't be appealed) before anything is announced....part of me is wondering why KC hasn't forced the NFL's hand a little and "reinstated" Hill for team activities, etc.....I guess everybody is trying to play nice but at some point enough is enough....does KC think if they don't press the issue then it will help with a more positive outcome....?...I realize new details and angles seem to keep coming up, but you have to think at some point they need to poop or get off the pot...is there really that much information they don't have at this point...?...for KC and Tyreek, the sooner this gets resolved, the easier it gets as there is more time for things to be "forgotten" before the season starts...as the days go by, more and more attention starts ramping up on the NFL... 
He's not suspended.  The team told him to stay home during OTA's, which is kind of a little like a de facto suspension, but there's nothing official out there yet.  I don't think anyone "has" to do anything at this point.

He's not suspended.  The team told him to stay home during OTA's, which is kind of a little like a de facto suspension, but there's nothing official out there yet.  I don't think anyone "has" to do anything at this point.
The longer they wait the more it seems the suspension will be on the longer side. There is just no upside to waiting until we are into the preseason. 

Sounds like you're lucky enough not to know people in highly disfunctional relationships. It gets even harder with kids involved. Your confident "zero chance" commentary is hilariously ignorant though. If only you were correct about people as a rule staying away from people who are destructive towards them. But you aren't. 

Really, there's no official team suspension right now? That's odd, he's got the suspended symbol on MFL sites. 

Really, there's no official team suspension right now? That's odd, he's got the suspended symbol on MFL sites. 
https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/04/26/Chiefs-deeply-disturbed-by-Tyreek-Hill-audio-WR-barred-from-team-activities/2471556289082/

"As soon as the draft concluded after the last pick I had the chance to call [Hill's agent] Drew Rosenhaus and we decided that at this time and for the foreseeable future Tyreek Hill will not take part in any team activities," Veach said. "We are going to gather more information were going to evaluate this information and we will make the right decision regarding Tyreek Hill."

Lots of that out there and I imagine Hill had no reason to argue it since there's no pay involved, so like I said it's a de facto suspension, but I think the NFLPA would take issue with a formal suspension with as preliminary as it was in May.  It's the equivalent of the Exempt List - "not suspended" but not welcome at official activities either.  The one I recall was that the team "asked" him to remain at home.  Since there's no pay involved it's kind of an irrelevant splitting of hairs.

MFL or ESPN or whoever can list him as suspended if they want to. Doesn't mean anything has actually happened by the Chiefs or NFL. 

Not trying to make light of the seriousness of the domestic situation(s) involving Hill and his fiancee (and the kids and extended family and all of it), but one thing that might have made Hill stay with her so long is that she *might* be really, really good in the sack. Not trying to be crass or cheap about it, but he would hardly be the first ~20 year old to stay with a crazy chick because she could rock him. I know I know he is a successful athlete and can get anyone. That's probably true but just saying it could be a factor. Maybe she is irresistable. Ten cents. 

I think he gets one game. Maybe none. You can’t punish a guy for doing nothing wrong besides fathering a child with a psycho. 

In the coming days, the office of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will announce whether Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. If a violation is found, it would mean that Hill engaged in conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the NFL. Such “conduct detrimental” would reflect the possibility that Hill was in some way responsible for suspicious injuries suffered by his three-year-old son earlier this year, or that Hill undermined the league’s image upon media publication of a recording in which Hill tells former his fiancée, Crystal Espinal, that she needs to be “terrified” of him, or both.

The Hill situation is among the more difficult personal conduct policy decisions for Goodell, whose choices on conduct matters have often generated controversy and occasionally spawned federal lawsuits. With Hill, an incomplete set of facts coupled with ambiguous family circumstances are beyond the capacity of Goodell to clarify. If Goodell offers factual conclusions about how Hill’s son was injured, Goodell would be vulnerable to criticism that he overreached and possibly interfered in an on-going legal matter.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/15/tyreek-hill-roger-goodell-possible-suspension-decision-chiefs

It's anyone's guess. My guess is 4-6 weeks.

In the coming days, the office of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will announce whether Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. If a violation is found, it would mean that Hill engaged in conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the NFL. Such “conduct detrimental” would reflect the possibility that Hill was in some way responsible for suspicious injuries suffered by his three-year-old son earlier this year, or that Hill undermined the league’s image upon media publication of a recording in which Hill tells former his fiancée, Crystal Espinal, that she needs to be “terrified” of him, or both.

The Hill situation is among the more difficult personal conduct policy decisions for Goodell, whose choices on conduct matters have often generated controversy and occasionally spawned federal lawsuits. With Hill, an incomplete set of facts coupled with ambiguous family circumstances are beyond the capacity of Goodell to clarify. If Goodell offers factual conclusions about how Hill’s son was injured, Goodell would be vulnerable to criticism that he overreached and possibly interfered in an on-going legal matter.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/15/tyreek-hill-roger-goodell-possible-suspension-decision-chiefs

It's anyone's guess. My guess is 4-6 weeks.
I don't know who if anyone of those 2 is telling the truth.  I listened to the recording and all I heard was those 2 accusing each other of lying and abusing the child except he did threaten her.  One thing I just saw on Wikipedia is that Hill pleaded guilty to the 2014 incident.  His words in the tape denying any violence to her don't jibe with the guilty plea.

Only RG knows what he will do.  He is not consistent with things for sure.  However if he sees a possible loss of money/sponsorship for the league don't discount  him hitting Hill hard.  Hill has a prior DV conviction and the last time a player threatened violence against a woman verbally they gave the Ravens player 4 games and he had no prior acts if I remember correctly.  I think personally he gets a minimum of 6-8 games and if Goodell believes only her side he could still face a full year.  Don't discount the money side of the equation.  RG's main job is to fill the leagues coffers, that is why the owners keep him around.  With the CBA he doesn't have to act fair or use any consistent rational.  Today's political climate  with either party and the fact that they took the child from the home at one point and time along with the previous guilty plea are not things in Hill's favor.  Like I said follow the money.  So why should RG take it easy?  There is no upside for him if he does,  and previous rulings show he isn't always about fairness.

Users who are viewing this thread