What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 2021 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

QB. Burrow, Goff, Fields

i think QB is very important but hate to put big resources in as usually sets you back. Burrow looked great last year and I expect Cincy to build around. Any of the other vets like Stafford maybe safer but not as high of ceiling. I will own Goff everywhere. I think has talent and now they will build around his strengths over him fitting coach. I can see top 10 season. Fields should start by mid season at least. Only bad landing spot might be Atlanta but high rookie QBs seem to play. If I last that long might make difference. I drafted 3 last year and had zero in week 17 championship. And lost. Drew Lock was guy I pegged but he went the round I predrafted in front. I had Zach Wilson predrafted in his round also

RB. Etienne, Michel, White, Carter, Kerryon. 
Someone mentioned having worse group but take a look here. Hoping on 2 rookies, a guy who gets injured all the time a has not looked that good and RB in dog house. But I have draft capital. Here’s hoping Sony plays like last few games of season, Kerryon moves on and shows his talent again. White and Carter do well at receiving or this is going to be a hot mess

WR. Diggs, Hill, Samuel, Reagor, Washington, Reynolds

While my RB suck, this group is a strength. Very solid top 2 with Samuel and Washington being perfect best ball guys as both produce big games. I expect Reagor to step up nicely in year 2. Reynolds thinking FA with new starting gig but might be bad pick. Wish I had dove into PK there but sometimes predraft Int can hurt you. This should have been Buetker

TE. Fant, Hooper

Solid pair for 2 PPR. Even though wish took Irv Smith over Hooper, will hopefully keep me alive till the teams with huge stud disappear on bye week. 

PK. Crosby, Gonzalez D. Raiders, Jets. 
funny. I wanted PK that will have jobs and Zane cut even though word is will be back. Wish I had taken PK round earlier. Did not want 1 or zero like OM probably has. D. Picking 15th, I was pretty sure I would get 2. They are so inconsistent as change happens. I think Raiders prioritize D and the Jets have tons of cap room to improve. 

looks better doing this than I thought. How my RB crew does is the key as solid everywhere else. 

Go to draft and near the top is a "recap" link. 
Everybody's best pick, except  :lmao: @Stinkin Ref was a QB. 

OZ- has the honor of making the best pick of the entire draft, selecting Patrick Mahomes in round 2 with the 22nd pick of the draft, 20 spots after the 2nd spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a future Hall-of-Famer," -OZ- coach OZ said.

:bowtie:

-OZ- made their worst pick of the draft in round 7, selecting DeVonta Smith with the 107th pick of the draft, as compared to the 320th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "I know some are thinking that he will be this year's Ryan Leaf," -OZ- coach OZ said. 

:oldunsure:  apparently all rookies are ranked 320 (last pick of the draft) 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
1.12 Nick Chubb. Thought I would be selecting a WR/TE here.    Love it!  Planning for a WR next.

2.05 Calvin Ridley.   Two here I like. Coin flip with Metcalf.  Did I win?   Another WR next unless Dobbis is there.

3.12 Robert Woods.   Consistent with Goff.   With Stafford?  Upside?   TE next?  Hockenson, Goedert or Fant?

4..05 TJ Hockenson.     Got my first choice.With Goff?   QB next?

5.12 Raheem Mostert.   Run on QB’s left me with nothing I like.  Time to take some chances.   Old guy who I think still has some tread left.  Hoping Rodger or Stafford make it back to me. 

6.05 Matt Ryan.    One pick away with Bass taking a second QB!.    Gotta grab one.Stacked Ryan with Ridley.   RB next?  R. Jones, Drake,  Dillon?

7.12 Miles Gaskin.    Dillon was there but I decided to go for broke.   99% chance Dolphins get a RB.    “So your telling me there is a chance”.   Still gambling.   Huge payoff in PPR if they don’t add top RB talent.    Next target Trevon Lawrence.

8.05 Jalen Hurts. Lawrence gone!    Need some upside.   Legs could get me some weekley scores.   What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.    BPA next

9.12 Zack Moss.   What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.   The Bills have said they want to improve their run game, but I don’t believe that means adding a RB.

10.05 Gabriel Davis.    Reached for a guy I want.  What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.    Slides into the no.2 on team with a great offense, if Brown is cut. 

11.12 Breshard Perriman.    Were will this burner land?  When will he live up to his potential?

12.05 Dalton Schutz.    Been studying the TE position for my Bills.  This guy stepped up huge after Jarwin went down.    They are quite similar,  do the Cowboys save the 3.5 mill and cut Jarwin?   WR next

13.12   Dan Arnold.   Got caught up in my TE research.  Free agent that had is best year in 2020.    Will he will get paid for that and will he be force feed?  IMO yes.   Patriots please.

14.05 Greg Ward.   Just tendered by Philly as ERFA.   Could be the no.2 for a Hurts stack.  Likely no.3.  Better grab a defense

15.12 Seahawks.   Got better at the end of the season.  

16.05 N’Keal Harry.    Third year breakout?   Or a bust?

17.12 Joshua Kelly.   Eckler proved he can’t handle the full load.   Again,  you gotta wonder what a regular off season might do for this guy.    Or at least I do. 

18.05 Bronco’s   Second one!

19.12 Dan Bailey   I’ll take one.   Watch him get cut!

20.05 Devin Duvernay.    You out to know by now…...that I am wondering what a real off season might do for a guy like this. 

Thanks and good luck to all!

1.12 Nick Chubb. Thought I would be selecting a WR/TE here.    Love it!  Planning for a WR next.  Nice pick, really picked it up at the end of the year.

2.05 Calvin Ridley.   Two here I like. Coin flip with Metcalf.  Did I win?   Another WR next unless Dobbis is there.  Hated leaving him for you.  Debated between him and Andrews.  Ultimately thought there would be WRs I liked at 3/4

3.12 Robert Woods.   Consistent with Goff.   With Stafford?  Upside?   TE next?  Hockenson, Goedert or Fant?  Another solid pick.  Defiantly would have been a consideration.

4..05 TJ Hockenson.     Got my first choice.With Goff?   QB next?  Like him better than Fant or Goedert.  This pick may have been the steal of the draft.

5.12 Raheem Mostert.   Run on QB’s left me with nothing I like.  Time to take some chances.   Old guy who I think still has some tread left.  Hoping Rodger or Stafford make it back to me.   :lmao:   Maybe in the WSFFL (flag football) ⚓

6.05 Matt Ryan.    One pick away with Bass taking a second QB!.    Gotta grab one.Stacked Ryan with Ridley.   RB next?  R. Jones, Drake,  Dillon?  Another great pick and value.  Getting close to the last of the reliable guys.

7.12 Miles Gaskin.    Dillon was there but I decided to go for broke.   99% chance Dolphins get a RB.    “So your telling me there is a chance”.   Still gambling.   Huge payoff in PPR if they don’t add top RB talent.    Next target Trevon Lawrence.  Meh.  I think you would have been better served with a WR here or any of the 4 QBs that went before Hurts.

8.05 Jalen Hurts. Lawrence gone!    Need some upside.   Legs could get me some weekley scores.   What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.    BPA next  This is why I burn two early picks on QB.  May work out great, may be eating a donut most of the year.

9.12 Zack Moss.   What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.   The Bills have said they want to improve their run game, but I don’t believe that means adding a RB.  Horrible pick.  You didn't need another RB.  Should have left him for me.

10.05 Gabriel Davis.    Reached for a guy I want.  What can he do with a real off/pre season this year.    Slides into the no.2 on team with a great offense, if Brown is cut.  Can't argue with your reasoning, especially after I just took Hardman.

11.12 Breshard Perriman.    Were will this burner land?  When will he live up to his potential?  Sneaky pick.  

12.05 Dalton Schutz.    Been studying the TE position for my Bills.  This guy stepped up huge after Jarwin went down.    They are quite similar,  do the Cowboys save the 3.5 mill and cut Jarwin?   WR next  Surprised how early Jarwin went.  I think you got the better option.

13.12   Dan Arnold.   Got caught up in my TE research.  Free agent that had is best year in 2020.    Will he will get paid for that and will he be force feed?  IMO yes.   Patriots please.  Had to look him up as I didn't know who he was.  Surprising given all the TE streaming Ref and I did in IBL.  

14.05 Greg Ward.   Just tendered by Philly as ERFA.   Could be the no.2 for a Hurts stack.  Likely no.3.  Better grab a defense  

15.12 Seahawks.   Got better at the end of the season.  

16.05 N’Keal Harry.    Third year breakout?   Or a bust?  Good roll of the dice.

17.12 Joshua Kelly.   Eckler proved he can’t handle the full load.   Again,  you gotta wonder what a regular off season might do for this guy.    Or at least I do. Heckler will beast this year.

18.05 Bronco’s   Second one!

19.12 Dan Bailey   I’ll take one.   Watch him get cut!

20.05 Devin Duvernay.    You out to know by now…...that I am wondering what a real off season might do for a guy like this. 

Thanks and good luck to all!

Andy Dufresne's Coach had a decent draft in the recent 2021 2021 FBG WSL 1 !!11!!! 😎 draft. Their Andy Dufresne franchise came away with the number 4 ranked draft (out of 16) in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

Andy Dufresne made their best pick of the draft in round 4, selecting Deshaun Watson with the 49th pick of the draft, as compared to the 10th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He has unlimited potential," Andy Dufresne coach said.

Andy Dufresne made their worst pick of the draft in round 8, selecting Trevor Lawrence with the 113rd pick of the draft, as compared to the 320th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "His attitude is a question mark," Andy Dufresne coach said.

With a little bit of work on the waiver wire this season, or a few strategic trades, Andy Dufresne should be able to turn their 4th ranked draft effort into a championship fantasy team this year.
:excited:

A. Robinson gets the tag, hoping for the best, but planning for the worst. 
Maybe no holdout, possibly long-term contract, and by some miracle the Bears sign a better QB. Lots of ifs ands and buts.

Mahomes, Ben

The best in the business and a solid veteran backup. I gave thought to taking one of the rookies as a 3rd but that probably would have been a waste of a pick. Should be a strength.

Zeke, Pollard, Montgomery, Felton (R), jefferson (R)

Top 2 should be solid, the rookies could add to the depth or totally bust. Really wanted Duke late.

Aiyuk, Diontae, deVonta (R), MW, Green, watkins

3 vets (wouldn't call them solid), 2 of which will change teams. I probably didn't need to go 6 deep here but without a top #1, the depth should help.

E², Ertz, OJH

At least one, and probably two these guys will play elsewhere next year. If Howard keeps falling he'll be on a lot of my teams again.

Gay, slye

Two kickers with jobs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Pitt, phi

A top defense, I think I could have gotten along without the eagles defense. 

In hindsight I would have taken N'Keal instead of Felton, j Kelly instead of the eagles defense, raiders instead of watkins.
You're always good with giving feedback on other teams so I try to return the favor once in a while.

Not much to say at QB. Mahomes vs. an average QB1 gives you a ~5ppg head start right out of the chute. A QB3 would have been setting a draft pick on fire.

Zeke / Pollard is a nice example of the flexibility you get from the two extra slots in these 20-rounders (cough cough, this should be the survivor default, cough cough). Should combine for a top-6 or so RB1. Never been a big Montgomery fan - just feel he's OK at everything and great at nothing - in best-ball I'd definitely have thrown a dart at one of the top-2 rooks instead. The two rooks you did land I know next to nothing about, but late-round rook RBs in WSL seem like they outperform fairly often, so I like your strategy there.

Diontae and Aiyuk are two of my favorite mid-round sleepers at any position this year. You could have yourself two borderline WR1s here. Can't fault you for taking a flier on Smith even if I'd have probably gone back-to-back TEs there with Hooper or Jonnu. Good value with Williams. Despite what you hinted at I think 6-deep is pretty much a mandatory minimum especially in the 20-rounders.

As an Eagles fan I can tell you Goedert has been their plan at TE1 all along. He's really freaking good. I'm surprised Ertz hasn't been traded yet, but maybe there just isn't that much interest in a 31-year-old with a swollen contract at a fungible position. He'll land somewhere but my gut feeling is you'll be in the same boat I am - hoping for one of our guys to catch a TD each week so we're not getting lapped at the position.

I ran the numbers years ago and don't remember the details but a DST2 adds a lot more punch to your scoring average than a PK2. Probably goes double in WSL where no one really knows who the "top defenses" will wind up being 9 months from now.

I wind up with a lot of teams that look like this when I go QB early. It's just so difficult to fill the holes at other positions before you run out of runway and start having to choose between low-wattage vets and total dart throws. I think Mahomes, Zeke, and your top two WRs will keep you safely afloat for a month or two, but short of a late-career renaissance from a TE or Devonta becoming the next OBJ I'm not sure you've got the firepower to make it into December. Best of luck to you. 

1.10 Jonathan Taylor 

2.07 Kyle Pitts 

3.10 Terry McLaurin 

4.07 Lamar Jackson 

5.10 Courtland Sutton 

6.07 Will Fuller

7.10 Marquise Brown - wasn't a big fan of the talent available to me here. Decided on taking a chance with pairing QB and big play WR. Brown has flashed so hopefully he is one of those semi-mythical third year breakout stars.

8.04 Derek Carr - had completely different plans for this pick when it was approaching. Considered a couple other guys and positions. After looking at what was still available at QB, I see Carr who definitely doesn't have the upside of a couple guys still on the board, but is the last of the guys that has a getter than 75% chance to start all 16 games. Plus added bonus is it feels like there will be a team or two that has less than ideal QB production this year in WSL now. 
9.10 Blake Jarwin - still a fan of his talents and don't feel like Schultz really showed enough to make a significant dent in Jarwin`s production. Now being 3rd or 4th in the pecking order for receptions will put a dent in those numbers. Hope his TD receptions make up for loss of actual receptions.

10.04 JD McKissic - some uncertainty in WAS with what happens in the backfield but McKissic is going to have enough of a role to be significant in a best ball format.

11.10 Todd Gurley - easily my least favorite pick. Was hoping Lindsay fell but that didn't happen. I hope to get 8 games played and 2 games counting his score for a couple goalline TDs.

12.04 Greg Zeurlein - solid situation, dome, good offense, strong leg

13.10 Julian Edelman - kind of would like to see him get released and be able to sign somewhere else.

14.04 TB Buccaneers  - like seeing that David just resigned and hope Shaq does the same.

15.10 TreQuan Smith - good lottery ticket that I like even more with the release of Sanders

16.04 Brandon McManus - kicks at a mile high and always seems to have solid/average/consistent production 

17.10 Mo Alie Cox - good situation with a QB that loves his TE. The question is which TE, if any, emerge as the guy

18.04 LeMical Perine - hopefully his talent can shine through now that he isn't in the Gase offense

19.10 Wayne Gillman- shot in the dark that he gets to be the guy that gives breaks to Saquon 

20.04 Jacksonville - meh its a defense that I think will show improvement just based on the belief that the Jax offense should be better and keep the D off the field more

Huge scores this week.  With a game to go, 3rd to last has 145 pts.

Bro1ncos brings up the rear at 61.1 + (Lamar or Carr) + M. Brown

Norseman 103.8 + Renforw

Huge scores this week.  With a game to go, 3rd to last has 145 pts.

Bro1ncos brings up the rear at 61.1 + (Lamar or Carr) + M. Brown

Norseman 103.8 + Renforw

It was close for a while but Norseman bites the dust with 115.  Shame because that's usually enough to advance.

@rzrback77 takes immunity

In what must be a first, 14 teams were over 160 pts in week.  Fantastic drafting everyone.

It was close for a while but Norseman bites the dust with 115.  Shame because that's usually enough to advance.

@rzrback77 takes immunity

In what must be a first, 14 teams were over 160 pts in week.  Fantastic drafting everyone.
well now I see why scoring was so good, somehow QB yards are getting scored twice. I’ll have to adjust this and restore week 1

OK the scoring rules are fixed.  QBs were getting 2x passing, RBs 2x rushing.  I did a recalculate for week 1 and the scores are adjusted for the individual players but the the week's calculation.  I'm hoping that is just delayed otherwise we'll have a huge issue figuring out what happened week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aaron Rudnicki takes his second immunity of the young season.  Couldn't be better timing as a CMac owner.

@Duckboy is sent packing after Cooper and Sanders had sub-par Monday night performances.  After a blazing start to the season, injuries and donuts caught up to him.

The Hawk drafting approach never worked, but @Aaron Rudnickidoesn't even need the 1.1 to beat all of us.  If things hold, he'll earn his second consecutive immunity with CMac on the pine.  Plenty of chasers for immunity

Ruds 175.8

Bloom 174.3 + Campbell-5.3

Maggot 165.4 + Murray-11.8

Bass 163.1 + Andrews-3.2 +Tucker

Elimination

Busman 89.9 + Mack

Mr. Ir 97.5 + Bateman/Wallace - 8.1/8.2

The Hawk drafting approach never worked, but @Aaron Rudnickidoesn't even need the 1.1 to beat all of us.  If things hold, he'll earn his second consecutive immunity with CMac on the pine.  Plenty of chasers for immunity

Ruds 175.8

Bloom 174.3 + Campbell-5.3

Maggot 165.4 + Murray-11.8

Bass 163.1 + Andrews-3.2 +Tucker

Elimination

Busman 89.9 + Mack

Mr. Ir 97.5 + Bateman/Wallace - 8.1/8.2

Kind of forgot @bro1ncos.  52.3 from Lamar, 33.5 from Brown and 31.9 from Taylor made it interesting as he ended up with 209.9.  48.7 from Andrews plus 3 from Tucker let me squeak by with the immunity at 211.6.

Busman is low man this week and excused from the table.

@Aaron Rudnicki tells us to hold his beer and CMAC to take another three weeks off.  A very timely immunity for him with Allen on a bye.  @OldMilwaukee departs leaving us with 10.

Week 7 will be rough.  Bloom will have no TE and only field the bare minimum every except for defense.  I will only have Bell at RB.  Andy likely will have no QB.  OZ looks razor thin at RB.  Everyone else should move on easily.

@Aaron Rudnicki tells us to hold his beer and CMAC to take another three weeks off.  A very timely immunity for him with Allen on a bye.  @OldMilwaukee departs leaving us with 10.

Week 7 will be rough.  Bloom will have no TE and only field the bare minimum every except for defense.  I will only have Bell at RB.  Andy likely will have no QB.  OZ looks razor thin at RB.  Everyone else should move on easily.

Thanks for cursing one of us that "should move on easily" 🤣

Week 9 elimination team appears wrong or am I missing something.  Shows Stinkin Ref as eliminated but it appears Mr. Irrelevant scored lower????

Week 14 and 15 will combine scores.  Here's week 14.

Bass 180.4

Ruds 172.5

Bloom 168.5

Interesting enough, these were also the top 3 scores out of the original field.

Users who are viewing this thread