What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Rds 5 - 8 (1 Viewer)

Updated Draft and Teams.

Oddly, my cell can do everything and view with lo fi version, but post.

So, if I PM something while away (like a pick,) I may appear to be here, but can't post.

I will PM a pick when I'm up

to the next two up,

so they know

my pick

they're up

or on deck.

:)

I only have one pick for next round probably because yall took a lot of them this round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have lists for Brutis and Pigskin Pimp so shoot me a pm when they are up. I shoudl be around formost of the evening and all of tomorrow.

Bobby Engram--WR--SEA

ETA excellent choice on Anthony Gonzales, IMO. Huge BOOM pick if Marvin hangs it up. (that may not matter either)

Last edited by a moderator:
7.12 Reggie Williams WR JaxZ
This is a different approach. I don't think that I have ever seen someone wait until the 7th rd to take their 1st WR. There seems to be alot more depth this year, but I wish you good luck with this approach.

This is a different approach. I don't think that I have ever seen someone wait until the 7th rd to take their 1st WR. There seems to be alot more depth this year, but I wish you good luck with this approach.
I noticed this with rzr in WSL1 - I think he waited until Rd 5, going RB/RB/TE/QB. Very different. Not as drastic as here (and I think probably calamitous), but we'll see.

Per PM, Pigskin Pimp takes Deion Branch, WR, Sea
Some of these guys should stay current with the injury reports....
I have to admit, I knew he was injured but didn't know it was the extent of an ACL tear.But found this from cbssportsline:

Fantasy Analysis

Between recovery time from the surgery, offseason rehab and getting into game shape, Branch won't likely be an effective Fantasy option for at least the first three weeks of the 2008 season. That's going to push Nate Burleson into a starting role opposite Bobby Engram (if the club doesn't re-sign D.J. Hackett) for the Seahawks to start the year. Figure Branch to be a late-round pick in all Fantasy drafts this summer.

(Updated 01/18/2008).

If all he misses is 3 games, it certainly isn't a wasted pick.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I propose we turn the clock off on Sunday. It would be fine if people still made picks, but the Super Bowl is huge to many of us.

I noticed this with rzr in WSL1 - I think he waited until Rd 5, going RB/RB/TE/QB. Very different. Not as drastic as here (and I think probably calamitous), but we'll see.
two years ago I won SSL3 with a similar stratgey, I didnt wait unitl round7 though, my first wr was in round 6. I had 16 and went:Westy - Gates - C.Dillon- HassleBeck - R.Dayne - E.Kennison. Team ended up like this:QB: Matt Hasselbeck SEA Alex Smith SFRB: Ron Dayne HOU Corey Dillon NE Marshall Faulk STL Brian Westbrook PHIWR: Drew Bennett TEN Marty Booker MIA Reggie Brown PHI Braylon Edwards CLE Robert Ferguson GB Eddie Kennison KC Charles Rogers ---TE: Antonio Gates SDPK: Mike Nugent NYJ Jeff Wilkins STLDef: Buffalo BUF Tampa Bay TBHe has to work on finding great value in the later rounds at WR

two years ago I won SSL3 with a similar stratgey, I didnt wait unitl round7 though, my first wr was in round 6. I had 16 and went:Westy - Gates - C.Dillon- HassleBeck - R.Dayne - E.Kennison. Team ended up like this:QB: Matt Hasselbeck SEA Alex Smith SFRB: Ron Dayne HOU Corey Dillon NE Marshall Faulk STL Brian Westbrook PHIWR: Drew Bennett TEN Marty Booker MIA Reggie Brown PHI Braylon Edwards CLE Robert Ferguson GB Eddie Kennison KC Charles Rogers ---TE: Antonio Gates SDPK: Mike Nugent NYJ Jeff Wilkins STLDef: Buffalo BUF Tampa Bay TBHe has to work on finding great value in the later rounds at WR
I agree, it is a different strategy from everyone else. Sometimes you need to take a different approach. It could work, or it could be a total bust. I still think there are some diamonds in the rough out there at the WR position. Lots of unproven guys that should find their own this year. Or at least i hope.Z

Not quite... I went RB, RB, TE, WR, QB Now I have the following:QB - McNabb and J RussellRB - Portis, Maroney, S Morris, DavenportWR - Cotchery, Coles, A Gonzalez, Stallworth, Burleson, Steve Smith NYG, BookerTE - GonzalezK - nilDef- Green Bay PackersI like my WR depth, but would appreciate comments since y'all are looking particularly at the late WR strategy. I have not compared my team to Zoltar's wait till the 7th round for a WR

Users who are viewing this thread