What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

not impressed with the number of time outs and people who say things like skip me.
things happen sometimes.......I got caught by the late saturday night/early sunday morning time slot (and being 2 hours behind).... :shrug:

guys that say skip me actually help keep things moving......

good thing we aren't here to impress you/each other....I used to freak out about timeouts, holding the draft up, etc.....was all about your "committment" to 15 other guys and don't sign up if you can't dedicate the time and check in, etc.....but realized it is what it is, things are going to happen/come up and every draft is going to have timeouts, etc....it's just part of it, and there are rules in place to address it......just have fun

On my phone.

Don't think he makes it back to me, so give me

Dennis Pitta, TE ravens

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys. I'm going to state this both here and in the other WSL3 thread.

We have 5 rounds left, and we have 3 1/2 days left in the week.

I can tell that interest is waning here, and with some holidays impending (V-Day, President's Day), we should really shoot to wrap this up before the weekend.

To do that, we'll need to do about 20 picks a day, which is attainable - but only if people take the effort.

With 5 rounds left, PM lists should work well, especially if people can receive a list at the other end of the draft when we are at the opposite end.

So let's step it up and close this out by Friday - please.

Thanks
Jeff

not impressed with the number of time outs and people who say things like skip me.
things happen sometimes.......I got caught by the late saturday night/early sunday morning time slot (and being 2 hours behind).... :shrug:

good thing we aren't here to impress you/each other....I used to freak out about timeouts, holding the draft up, etc.....was all about your "committment" to 15 other guys and don't sign up if you can't dedicate the time and check in, etc.....but realized it is what it is, things are going to happen/come up and every draft is going to have timeouts, etc....it's just part of it, and there are rules in place to address it......just have fun
Not trying to offend you and i know you are not trying to impress me but i am still allowed to be unimpressed. Tough to have fun when people time out and in your case time out more than once. Please be more alert as jeff has said we have holidays coming up. I know you may be upset others are not happy with the timeouts but that is something you bring on yourself for timing out.

First post updated to 16.10.

Let's go guys.

If anyone between 16.10 and 17.07 needs to drop off a list, I can take one (or 2) from each person to move this along. Would love to see us in Round 18 tomorrow at the latest. As it stands now, my last two picks will probably be based on lists I give somebody.

Not trying to offend you and i know you are not trying to impress me but i am still allowed to be unimpressed. Tough to have fun when people time out and in your case time out more than once. Please be more alert as jeff has said we have holidays coming up. I know you may be upset others are not happy with the timeouts but that is something you bring on yourself for timing out.
listen newb with all due respect.....if it's tough for you to have fun, or if you are so easliy unimpressed.....maybe as Chris Paul might say.... these leagues aren't for you.....

I'm not even going to go into what I or anybody else in here does or doesn't do to help/contribute to these leagues.....so while this may be your first rodeo, I can assure you it's not mine or many of the others in here......even the best of the best have timed out in these over the years.....we have rules in place that cover timeouts and we move on.....it is hard to be warm and welcoming when some chime in with comments like yours above....I would recommend you sit back, and take a look around before you start popping off.....I tried to explain it nicely to you and let you know that I even used to feel the same way as you....but you keep going and don't want to listen......if you are not having fun, leave, we have things we can do to replace/finish for you....believe it or not we have done it before....we don't want you to do something you don't enjoy.....I'm not trying to be a doosh and hopefully these leagues can be a positive experience for you and we can all bounce fantasy thoughts, etc off each other for years to come.....

good luck

I didnt even directly confront you you just got defensive and have now gotten rude because i asked you to pay attention and said i wasnt impressed with the amount of timeouts. This noob has not timed out once while you have timed out twice and maybe these leagues are not for you since you can not make picks in the allowed time frame.

I didnt even directly confront you you just got defensive and have now gotten rude because i asked you to pay attention and said i wasnt impressed with the amount of timeouts. This noob has not timed out once while you have timed out twice and maybe these leagues are not for you since you can not make picks in the allowed time frame.
lol...sorry if you took me trying to explain to you that "time outs happen" as being defensive......I didn't even take your initial comment personally....thought I was doing a good thing by explaining how it goes to you as it appeared you were about to go down the path I have seen many travel (including myself) and work yourself into a frenzy over timeouts and skips.....

clocks can pretty much get down to zero seconds but as long as you check in at some point you can continue in draft and make up your skipped picks at any time.....not the preferred option by any means but we have things in place that keep things moving, including replacement....

again, welcome and good luck to you.....

WTF. There is a discussion thread. I subscribe to this thread to be informed when there are picks, not pissing contests. This is not our first rodeo. Use the right thread. It is Feb 11 and everyone needs to chill out.

I just drank a TON OF WATER...for the contests, and now there aren't any? Come on you guys...!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread