What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL IV Rounds 9-12 (1 Viewer)

12.13 DeSean Jackson WR Rookie

Really reaching here I know, but I need major upside with WR's.

Sorry for the wait.

PM'd next 2

We're getting to the point where lists are pretty easy, so feel free to plan ahead.I certainly understand not planning too much though (>5 picks) but I don't want this to slow down too much either.
Spent the work day out of the office and there were about 8 picks before me at 10:00A.M. and to be honest I can't make a list up long enough with the rubble we have left to pick from.

We're getting to the point where lists are pretty easy, so feel free to plan ahead.I certainly understand not planning too much though (>5 picks) but I don't want this to slow down too much either.
Spent the work day out of the office and there were about 8 picks before me at 10:00A.M. and to be honest I can't make a list up long enough with the rubble we have left to pick from.
:confused:I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :thumbup:

:goodposting:I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :bye:
I am sure they will be very interesting. Truth is, all anybody is trying to do from here on out is trying to hit with a couple picks that will be productive, and fill in bye weeks. I've looked at the other 3 drafts and with position players, from round 10 on, it is a crapshoot for the most part.

:lmao:I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :lmao:
I am sure they will be very interesting. Truth is, all anybody is trying to do from here on out is trying to hit with a couple picks that will be productive, and fill in bye weeks. I've looked at the other 3 drafts and with position players, from round 10 on, it is a crapshoot for the most part.
:rolleyes: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.

:lmao:I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :lmao:
:rolleyes: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
get off him, he's my guy!

:shrug: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
I could go for 30 rounds if you made me, but most of them are just as I said, a crapshoot. Again, you are just hoping a few of them can pan out. Problem with this format is that most of the guys we are drafting against in these leagues have more knowledge than your average fantasy football drafter. There really isn't many hidden gems left in these leagues. And yes, we all have "our guys".

Last edited by a moderator:
We're getting to the point where lists are pretty easy, so feel free to plan ahead.

I certainly understand not planning too much though (>5 picks) but I don't want this to slow down too much either.
:lmao: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining.

:lmao:
:shrug: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
I gotta say that if this is true, I'm kinda surprised you reached for a guy like Eric Johnson at this point in the draft.

We're getting to the point where lists are pretty easy, so feel free to plan ahead.

I certainly understand not planning too much though (>5 picks) but I don't want this to slow down too much either.
:lmao: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining.

I gotta say that if this is true, I'm kinda surprised you reached for a guy like Eric Johnson at this point in the draft.
Eric Johnson was one of "my guys" too. Last year.

:no: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :(
:lmao: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
I could go for 30 rounds if you made me, but most of them are just as I said, a crapshoot. Again, you are just hoping a few of them can pan out. Problem with this format is that most of the guys we are drafting against in these leagues have more knowledge than your average fantasy football drafter. There really isn't many hidden gems left in these leagues. And yes, we all have "our guys".
I don't know about 30. 480 skill players is a tad much. Then again, maybe Bobby Sippio could be my top WR?

Please tell me people are still PM'ing next up....Today was the worst of this draft so far.
beachbum got pm'd after the pick and then i did it an hour or so ago. i have his number, but obviously i'm only gonna call if he tells me to. maybe i'll text him tomorrow if his clock is running out. at this point he has until about 10am tomorrow, right?

:wall: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
:lmao: Maybe you should send a Hallmark sympathy card to the WSL 1 & 3 drafters who took him even earlier?

Even funnier....

Shockey's best season in this scoring format: 2005 65/891/7...or about 261 points.

Eric Johnson's best season in this format: 2004 82/825/2...or about 258 points

For the record, I don't think either Shockey or Johnson will put up stats near those career #'s. But as my TE2, I'll roster him.

:lmao: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining. :lmao:
:wall: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
I don't know about 30. 480 skill players is a tad much. Then again, maybe Bobby Sippio could be my top WR?
This horse is dead. I regret even starting the conversation. Goodnight. See everyone in the morning.

:lmao: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
:lmao: Maybe you should send a Hallmark sympathy card to the WSL 1 & 3 drafters who took him even earlier?

Even funnier....

Shockey's best season in this scoring format: 2005 65/891/7...or about 261 points.

For the record, I don't think either Shockey or Johnson will put up stats near those career #'s. But as my TE2, I'll roster him.
Yeah, but with a list that deep, and all that dyansty knowledge, I'm sure you have better options now in terms of BPA and TE down the road.I was on the Johnson bandwagon last year also, but when Billy Miller starts eating into your playing time, you got problems. FA or not.

Maybe you should send a Hallmark sympathy card to the WSL 1 & 3 drafters who took him even earlier?

Even funnier....

i think this past season eric johnson had as good a shot as any to repeat his 2004. deuce went down, the NO offense is pass heavy, brees likes TEs and targeted him a lot early on, bush can't run more than 3 yards at a time, no clear #2 WR. ideal time for an athletic pass-catching TE to step up, but by the end of the season billy miller was replacing him. now the saints aren't resigning him. i think those are some pretty clear signals. but hey this is imaginary football so anything can happen (or be imagined).edit: looks like pimpin took care of it this for me. but i spent time typing. so bear the repetition :hifive:

:thumbup: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining.

:shrug:
:goodposting: Maybe I've just been too involved in dynasty leagues over the last few years, but I have too many guys on my list. I could go well past 20 rounds. I agree that many of these guys could be considered crapshoots to some....but we all have 'our guys'.
:shrug: Maybe you should send a Hallmark sympathy card to the WSL 1 & 3 drafters who took him even earlier?

Even funnier....

Yeah, but with a list that deep, and all that dyansty knowledge, I'm sure you have better options now in terms of BPA and TE down the road.I was on the Johnson bandwagon last year also, but when Billy Miller starts eating into your playing time, you got problems. FA or not.
Shockey has issues of his own...health, attitude, competition?? and he is your TE1Its all good though....we just see things a bit different, that is what makes this game fun.

:bag: I agree with the 8 picks, but if you're "picking from the rubble" in Round 12, your next 8 selections should be very entertaining.

:goodposting:

Even funnier....

Shockey has issues of his own...health, attitude, competition?? and he is your TE1Its all good though....we just see things a bit different, that is what makes this game fun.
I like Shockeys attitude myself, and Clinton Portis had the same doubts last offseason about health, and competition from Betts. How'd that work out?Either of us can spin this any way we want. I just thought it was funny that you were hyping up your 20+ round list, and Eric Johnson was at the top of it in round 12.

12.14 NY Giants Defensesorry guys, Norris had my pick but I guess he wasn't around
He's been less than stellar in attending to these, but in general it is always best to PM >1 drafter with your list.I think myself and el gringo, jeter23 and PAE are pretty reliable historically, with the first 3 online quite a bit lately.FYI.It's all good, we're moving again.Next 2-3 drafters, please drop off a list if you're not around to turn the corner so we can roll again in the AM.TIA

Pimpin Ain said:
the_sig said:
Pimpin Ain said:
the_sig said:
Pimpin Ain said:
the_sig said:
waybackwhen said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
waybackwhen said:

Even funnier....

I like Shockeys attitude myself, and Clinton Portis had the same doubts last offseason about health, and competition from Betts. How'd that work out?Either of us can spin this any way we want. I just thought it was funny that you were hyping up your 20+ round list, and Eric Johnson was at the top of it in round 12.
I don't think I was hyping anything (not my intention anyways), my comment was more directed at waybackwhen when he said he felt he was reduced to picking from 'amongst the rubble' and we were only in round 12. My comment relative to dynasty/my list was that over the last few years, I've been in some significantly longer drafts, and wouldn't run out of guys that I liked by round 20...that is all...not that my picks were superior, or that I would even want some of the deeper picks I like in dynasty in this survivor format.

Users who are viewing this thread