What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Rosters (1 Viewer)

Hear-the-Footsteps

Footballguy
Atomic Punk - 1 hole:

QBs- Vick, Frye, Schaub

RBs- Tomlinson, Dunn, D.Davis, Pinner, S.Davis

WRs- Galloway, Branch, M.Jones, Jurevicius, M.Williams, Bradford

TEs- Stevens, Scaife

Ks- Wilkins, Janikowski

DSTs- Seattle, Jacksonville

Valence - 2 hole:

QBs- Brees, T.Green

RBs- Alexander, T.Jones, G.Jones, Staley, O.Smith

WRs- Harrison, Horn, Porter, Lloyd, Sinorice Moss, Northcutt, Welker

TEs- A.Smith, Franks

Ks- Nugent, Scobee

DSTs- Pitt, TampaBay

Ravnzfan - 3 hole:

QBs- Plummer, Frerotte, Holcomb, Losman

RBs- L.Johnson, F.Taylor, K.Faulk, Fisher

WRs- Santana Moss, Walker, Curtis, McCardell, Henderson

TEs- Cooley, Wilcox

Ks- Stover, Lindell, Bryant

DSTs- Indy, Baltimore

ShadowMaster//Bundy1 - 4 hole:

QBs- McNair, Rivers, Pennington, Volek

RBs- Portis, Droughns, JJ.Arrington, Holmes, Fason

WRs- Boldin, Burress, K.Robinson, Edwards, M.Robinson, Shepherd

TEs- Dallas Clark, M.Lewis

Ks- Dawson

DSTs- Dallas, New Orleans

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 5 hole:

QBs- Favre, Collins, Ramsey, Garcia

RBs- James, R.Williams, Maroney, Rhodes, Suggs

WRs- R.Moss, Owens, Burleson, D.Carter, RandleEl, C.Henry

TEs- Witten, Byrd

Ks- Edinger

DSTs- SanDiego, SanFran

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

QBs- Roethlisberger, Batch

RBs- S.Jackson, Bell, Barlow, M.Barber

WRs- C.Johnson, R.Brown, K.Johnson, S.Parker, McCareins, Berrian, A.Davis

TEs- Crumpler, LJ.Smith

Ks- Rackers, Reed

DSTs- Buffalo, Minnesota, St.Louis

Red93zj - 7 hole:

QBs- Bulger, Leftwich, Garrard, Fitzpatrick

RBs- T.Barber, Parker, T.Henry, A.Smith

WRs- D.Jackson, Glenn, Bennett, Muhammad, Engram, Curry

TEs- Wiggins, Jolley

Ks- Feely, K.Brown

DSTs- NYGiants, Atlanta

Bri- 8 hole:

QBs- Culpepper, Brooks

RBs- McGahee, A.Green, C.Houston, M.Bennett

WRs- Ward, Roy Williams, M.Clayton, Rogers, B.Jones

TEs- Everett, Baker, Graham, Shiancoe

Ks- Tynes, Hall

DSTs- Carolina, NYJets, GreenBay

Millenium Presents: Frank Black - 9 hole:

QBs- Bledsoe, Grossman, Griese, Orton

RBs- Jordan, Lewis, Moore, Morris, Haynes, M.Smith

WRs- Fitzgerald, Driver, J.Smith, Stokley, Williamson

TEs- Heap, Pollard

Ks- Vinatieri, Carney

DSTs- KC

Bicycle Seat Sniffer - 10 hole:

QBs- Warner, Boller, B.Johnson

RBs- C.Williams, Dillon, Benson, Pittman, Shipp

WRs- Holt, TJ.Housh, Lelie, Booker, B.Johnson, Crayton, R.Williams

TEs- Shockey

Ks- Kaeding, Hanson

DSTs- Washington, Tennessee

Duckboy - 11 hole:

QBs- Palmer, Carr, Kitna

RBs- Westbrook, McAllister, C.Brown, Turner

WRs- Wayne, R.Smith, Moulds, S.Holmes, Gaffney, Pinkston

TEs- Winslow, Hilton, C.Anderson

Ks- Kasay, Longwell

DSTs- Philadelphia, Detroit

Rudy - 12 hole:

QBs- P.Manning, Delhomme

RBs- J.Jones, M.Anderson, Gore, Pearman, Blaylock

WRs- Evans, Bruce, Mark Clayton, E.Parker, Bradley, Gabriel, Parrish

TEs- Gonzalez, V.Davis

Ks- Elam, Nedney

DSTs- Cincy, Arizona

Glumpy - 13 hole:

QBs- E.Manning, Brunell, V.Young

RBs- Foster, Perry, Davenport, Jacobs, Goings

WRs- S.Smith, Chambers, Kennison, Toomer, Battle, Finneran

TEs- Gates, Putzier

Ks- Graham, Mare

DSTs- Denver, Miami

ConstruxBoy - 14 hole:

QBs- Simms, Harrington, Campbell

RBs- R.Johnson, L.White, C.Taylor, Moats, Betts

WRs- A.Johnson, Givens, White, T.Taylor, V.Jackson, Roydell Williams, B.Marshall

TEs- Troupe, Watson

Ks- J.Brown, Gould

DSTs- NewEngland

JohnDoe - 15 hole:

QBs- Hasselback, A.Smith, Leinart

RBs- R.Brown, D.Williams, Duckett, Shelton, Shaud Williams

WRs- Mason, Bryant, Jenkins, Caldwell, Colbert, McDonald

TEs- McMichael, H.Miller

Ks- Akers, Peterson

DSTs- Oakland, Houston

Hear-the-Footsteps - 16 hole:

QBs- Brady, McNabb

RBs- K.Jones, R.Bush, Martin, Gado, Calhoun

WRs- Stallworth, Coles, Wilford, Wilson, G.Lewis, C.Jackson, Roby

TEs- Kinney, E.Johnson

Ks- Vanderjagt, Bironas

DSTs- Chicago, Cleveland

Last edited by a moderator:
Short draft analysis.

RB run in rounds 1 & beginning of 2: 1st 12 picks and 18 of 19 were RBs.

QB run in at the 3 / 4 turn: 9 of the 12 picks were QBs.

How about 6 DEFs in a row at the 12 / 13 turn? 13 Defenses were taken in these 2 rounds (run really started with Bri’s pick @ 12.09).

Several mini WR runs spread throughout the draft.

8 Ks were taken in the 10 picks between 16.11 and 17.04.

The 3 rookie RBs taken at the beginning of Rd 2 seemed to surprise a lot of people.

QBs- Brees, T.Green

WRs- Harrison, Horn, Porter, Lloyd, Sinorice Moss, Northcutt

TEs- A.Smith, Franks

Ks- Nugent, Scobee

DSTs- Pitt, TampaBay

Best Picks: G. Jones, Horn, A. Smith

Worst Picks: Lloyd when Jimmy Smith was still available, SOD

I really like my team. I have quality QB's, very good RB1-3, and great WR 1-3. Porter and Lloyd will provide a few huge games during the year. Northcutt could easily end up the #2 guy. I expect Horn to produce at least 10 spots higher than his WR26 draft spot

My TE's could be my downfall, but I expect big things from A.Smith this year. Franks should bounce back from the worst season of his career and provide a safety net for Rodgers should Favre retire.

K: got 2 good ones who cares

D: same

RB: R. Brown, D. Williams, T.J. Duckett, E. Shelton, S. Williams

WR: D. Mason, A. Bryant, M. Jenkins, R. Caldwell, K. Colbert, S. McDonald

TE: R. McMichael, H. Miller

K: Akers, Peterson

DEF: Oakland, Houston

QB: Hasslebeck is a steady performer who should post about 240-250 yds passing with a TD each week. Smith did not do much last year but may have some hits and misses if SF improves the OL and the running game. Leinart, if he lands in the right situation, could be the starter from week 1. He may struggle at times, but he should play and may put up average production.

RB: Don’t know what the MIA situation will be. There are all kinds of rumors floating around. Worst case is the situation is the same as last year and it is a RBBC. Best case is that Ricky is traded and Brown gets the job full time. Don’t know where Williams will end up, but I think he has the talent to start day one and is one of the leading candidates to continue the RB trend of 1,000 yard rookie rushers. Duckett is the goal line back in ATL and should be a decent bye week filler. Shelton, at best, will split carries in CAR (I think I read where the #1 plan was to resign Foster and have a RBBC with Shelton). Williams is McGahee’s backup in BUF, he should see the majority of the carries is Willis gets hurt.

WR: Mason is consistent from year to year. He can be counted on for approximately 8 points per week (as a floor) in games he does not catch a TD. Bryant will be the No. 1 in CLE (I don’t expect him to go anywhere) for the first part of the season. Remember, Edwards is coming off ACL surgery from late in the year and will probably not be at full speed until the 2nd half of the season. Jenkins is hit or miss in ATLs passing offense. Caldwell is 2 yrs removed from surgery, I felt he was worth the risk in the later rounds. CAR is still looking for a good receiver opposite Smith, Colbert has the opportunity to win the job (again). McDonald, as of now, is the No. 4 in STL.

TE: Nothing glamorous about these two. McMichael has ranked as a top 10 TE each of the last four years. PIT threw more to their TE last year than in recent memory. I think Miller will be a decent sleeper pick this year.

K: Akers and Peterson. Nothing major to write home about.

DEF: Got hung out to dry by not jumping in front of the run. At least I will get some points each week.

I really need to take a wait and see approach to this team. There are many questions that need to be answered before an accurate grade can be given. Picking from 15 led me to go RB/RB. I went with upside on these picks instead of playing it safe. Grabbed a top QB before the run hit and got 2 above the baseline TEs. The WRs look a little weak and suspect.

Team in Sig:

Analysis:

QB - Weakness of this squad, in September I'll have 3 starters, bye the end of October, Warner could be hurt, Boller benched and Culpepper could be back.

RB - Caddy, I feel is the next elite RB in FFL, in the Emmitt,Faulk,Priest,LT mould. Dillon should bounce back nice, benson has upside

WR - Holt is solid, as is TJ hous, after that I have some upside guys and a couple vets that should contribute.

TE - Shockey is solid

Overall - My mistake, and I never did this before in Survivors, and I wont do it again was going TE over QB in round 4, the QB run at the end of 4 sart of round 5 got me and I was stuck with Warner. I usually dont take elite TE's and wait to get two solid ones in rounds 7-10. We'll see how it works.

the WSL format is toughest because of all the unknows.

QBs- Brees, T.Green

WRs- Harrison, Horn, Porter, Lloyd, Sinorice Moss, Northcutt

TEs- A.Smith, Franks

Ks- Nugent, Scobee

DSTs- Pitt, TampaBay

Best Picks: G. Jones, Horn, A. Smith

Worst Picks: Lloyd when Jimmy Smith was still available, SOD

I really like my team. I have quality QB's, very good RB1-3, and great WR 1-3. Porter and Lloyd will provide a few huge games during the year. Northcutt could easily end up the #2 guy. I expect Horn to produce at least 10 spots higher than his WR26 draft spot

My TE's could be my downfall, but I expect big things from A.Smith this year. Franks should bounce back from the worst season of his career and provide a safety net for Rodgers should Favre retire.

K: got 2 good ones who cares

D: same
I wonder if Franks will be a Packer in September

Usually I concentrate on QBs and WRs in Survivior leagues. Decided to switch it up a little and concentrate on RBs and TEs, esp with the TE scoring. That was my only real strategy going into the draft.

My team:

QB: C Simms, J Harrington, J Campbell

Thoughts: Weak as hell, as I expected. I think Simms is a little better than some folks think and I think he'll hold off Griese. Harrington can only be helped by Martz, but that may not be enough. Campbell may be starting by mid-season in WAS if Gibbs can handle it. Almost picked a 4th QB, but that would be wasting points at a position I'll underperform on anyway.

RB: R Johnson, L White, C Taylor, R Moats, L Betts

Thoughts: Pretty nice. Rudi is solid, if not as spectacular in PPR. I think White can make an immediate impact where ever he goes. He's not a PPR guy either, but I think it helps him see more carries next year because he won't be in there on passing downs anyway, so blitz pickup isn't a huge deal right away. Taylor looked great last year and could be starting in BAL or elsewhere. I liked what I saw of Moats and I think he gets more touches next year even if Westbrook is healthy. I'm hoping that Betts stays in WAS to back up Portis because I like the way Gibbs uses him. All 3 of my backups are very good PPR guys.

WR: A Johnson, D Givens, R White, T Taylor, V Jackson, Roydell Williams, B Marshall

Thoughts: I always get Johnson, but maybe this is the year that Carr can get him the ball on the run in space? Kubiak should help that. Givens is a decent #2, although I'm hoping he stays on NE because Brady trusts him. Hoping White can break out. Taylor is solid as a WR4. Then took 3 chances with young guys. Since I didn't get good WRs, in general, I wanted to make sure I got 7 of them. So I passed over a 2nd defense when I took Jackson.

TE: B Troupe, B Watson

Thoughts: Love both of these guys next year. I think they'll get a ton of receptions. Kinney and Graham are both getting older and both TEN and NE spread the ball out and use the TEs. I'm excited about this position.

K: J Brown, R Gould

Thoughts: Meh. I think Brown is a great kicker, even if he missed 2 in the SB. I also see that offense presenting him with more opportunities for FGs if Alexander happens to leave. Gould is OK.

DEF: New England

Thoughts: Taking a chance by only taking one. NE is a pretty good defense, although they are aging. Hoping this doesn't bite me later.

Overall: Ehh, not that great. I probably could have done better if I used my normal Survivor strategy and was a little bit more conservative (ie. less rookies, 2 defenses, better QBs). But sometimes you need to try something different to see what happens.

Glumpy - 13 hole:

TEs- Gates, Putzier

Ks- Graham, Mare

DSTs- Denver, Miami

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there weren't some people who might debate over this--but I'm not displeased with the results, myself. :mellow:

QB: With one more year's seasoning Manning could take off--and didn't do so bad last year.

I'm optimistic Brunell will get play in Washington, and Young is my one stab at some rookie upside.

RB: Got five of them. Or maybe four since Goings was taken to cya Foster. Don't expect them to carry the team.

WR: Like them a lot--guess I'd better since the squad was built around WR scoring more than anything!

Two top ten from last year and the only one scoring less than 120 FP was injured half the time.

TE: Gotta like Gates, of course, and Putzier was targeted 57 times last year in a 2-pt/rcpt format.

PK/Def: They're playable--two of each from the top half scoring last year at their position though two from Miami was an oversight.

Definitely looking forward to following this team. :)

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

QBs- Roethlisberger, Batch: I'll catch hell from you guys, but QB is vastly over rate is this format. I won MBSL and had the second overall scoring team of 48 basically just carrying T. Green. People survive weeks w/o a QB all the time and with all the question marks on these teams, I'll likely not be the only one w/o a QB. Batch backups Big Ben just in case. What I lost in points from a second QB will be more then covered by my superiority elsewhere.

RBs- S.Jackson, Bell, Barlow, M.Barber: SJax will be the man. If Bell matches what he did last year (solid #2 in this format), he'll exceed his draft position. Barlow was a wildcard and will put up points somewhere...hopefully Carolina. Barber proved he's on par with JJ who will get hurt anyway. I should have at least 2 primary starting RBs most of the year.

WRs- C.Johnson, R.Brown, K.Johnson, S.Parker, McCareins, Berrian, A.Davis: Tickled to death with this crew. I got huge value with most of the picks and have guys that will post huge weeks.

TEs- Crumpler, LJ.Smith: Best duo in the league.

Ks- Rackers, Reed: Best kicker in the league and a guy that will make big hay when my QBs drives stall in the red zone.

DSTs- Buffalo, Minnesota, St.Louis: No powerhouses, but 3 defenses that have a history of being wildly variable and posting the occasional huge week.

The extra defense, upgrade in kicker, and 3 defenses will far surpass what I could have gotten by chasing question mark QBs. All of my players will be back with their team (except for Barlow). No rookies, no old guys (other then Meshawn), and a pile of players who could hit their stride this year. Basically a very safe team with lots of upside.

Special thanx to Glumpy for working with me via cell phone while I was out of town! Here is my preliminary take on my team, in my signature.

QB - whether Bass is right about minimizing QBs depends on what QB you draft, and what the other strengths and weaknesses of the team are. I'll elaborate on that more in response to his team.

I'm relatively happy with my QBs. It's scary to rely on Bledsoe, although I think he's good value for round 5. It was a toss up between him and Warner, so I went with the better injury track record.

If Lovie Smith can air it out more like I believe he wants to, and if the Bears upgrade the slightest at WR, I think Grossman will have some big weeks.

Griese will hopefully go to the Lions or Baltimore. If not, what if Simms regresses or gets hurt like before? Imagine the Bucs passing game when Clayton rebounds this year.

As for Orton, I wanted a decent WR with my last pick, but with none there, I drafted insurance for the oft-injured Grossman.

RB - Pretty happy with my starting 2. Jordan was a top 5 RB in this scoring format last year, and I think he won't drop off much.

Considering that I picked a WR in round 2, I'm happy with Lewis in round 3, even if he stays in Baltimore. If he goes to some other team, I'm happy with that too.

My remaining RBs are wildcards, but hopefully 1 of them (most likley Moore or Morris) will see the field a lot.

Now that Bettis is gone, maybe Haynes will see the field more. Does anyone think that Staley will stay healthy enough to be a big factor? Musa Smith is a gamble, but is possibly in a good situation.

Would like a more solid 3rd RB, but hopefully having 4 backups will yield at least 1.

WR - Very happy with my starting 3, even though Favre's ?? makes Driver a gamble. If Favre plays, I think that I have 1 of the better starting 3 WRs in this league. I think J. Smith represents 1 of my best picks in the draft at round 9.

Hopefully Stokely will return to having a few big weeks.

This WR core has a potential top 5, a potential top 12, and J. Smith is a very good WR3.

TE - Happy with the TEs. In this scoring format, Heap was the #2 TE last year, and the 28th ranked player on all offense. I think he was great value for round 4, considering that elite TEs in these SSLs are often drafted in the 2rd/3rd. Pollard should have a few big weeks, but I don't know what to expect out of the TE position with Martz running the show.

K - ?

D - ?

Overall, I think that my team has a very good shot at competing. 4QBs may seem excessive, but in contrast to what Bass says, I have been burned in SSLs by a failure to put a QB on the field. However, I have 3 positions with an elite player - RB, WR, and TE, to form a good core.

Atomic Punk - 1 hole:

QBs- Vick, Frye, Schaub

RBs- Tomlinson, Dunn, D.Davis, Pinner, S.Davis

WRs- Galloway, Branch, M.Jones, Jurevicius, M.Williams

TEs- Stevens, Scaife

Ks- Wilkins, Janikowski

DSTs- Seattle, Jacksonville

This team looks solid. RBs are among the best trio in the league. If Galloway comes back to earth, WRs are not spectacular, but may be good considering that Martz gives #2-#3 WRs value. With this WR group, maybe should have drafted 6 WRs. Drafting Schaub was a must, but if Frye is too far behind the curve, and Edwards doesn't play until late season, #2 QB may be a problem.

Valence - 2 hole:

QBs- Brees, T.Green

WRs- Harrison, Horn, Porter, Lloyd, Sinorice Moss, Northcutt, Welker

TEs- A.Smith, Franks

Ks- Nugent, Scobee

DSTs- Pitt, TampaBay

Very solid. QBs great tandem. RB1-2 look good. I think Jones holds off Benson again. WRs great, although could have gotten better than Lloyd with that pick. TEs look good too, with good value in Franks late pick.

Ravnzfan - 3 hole:

TEs- Cooley, Wilcox

DSTs- Indy, Baltimore

IMO, one of the best teams here. QBs very solid with Plummer and Buffalo QB wrapped up. RB1-2 good, although probably should have drafted at least 1 of the backups to Taylor. WRs awesome. TE awesome. An elite TE in this scoring can make up for the deficiency in some other position. Not sure I understand the Wilcox pick, however.

ShadowMaster//Bundy1 - 4 hole:

QBs- McNair, Rivers, Pennington, Volek

RBs- Portis, Droughns, JJ.Arrington, Holmes, Fason

WRs- Boldin, Burress, K.Robinson, Edwards, M.Robinson, Shepherd

TEs- Dallas Clark, M.Lewis

Ks- Dawson

DSTs- Dallas, New Orleans

Pimpin Ain't Easy - 5 hole:

QBs- Favre, Collins, Ramsey, Garcia

RBs- James, R.Williams, Maroney, Rhodes, Suggs

WRs- R.Moss, Owens, Burleson, D.Carter, RandleEl, C.Henry

TEs- Witten, Byrd

Ks- Edinger

DSTs- SanDiego, SanFran

Very solid, although high risk. QBs are all high risk. Could have nothing on opening day, or any week after that. RBs risky group, but even if Williams stays, he'll put up #s. I like the Rhodes pick, but don't like Suggs. WRs high risk/reward. Many disagree with me that Moss' days as an elite WR are essentially over. Too many injuries, and unlike TO, he simply isn't effective when he's hurt. TE, hopefully Whitten bounces back.

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

TEs- Crumpler, LJ.Smith

Ks- Rackers, Reed

Red93zj - 7 hole:

QBs- Bulger, Leftwich, Garrard, Fitzpatrick

RBs- T.Barber, Parker, T.Henry, A.Smith

WRs- D.Jackson, Glenn, Bennett, Muhammad, Engram, Curry

TEs- Wiggins, Jolley

Ks- Feely, K.Brown

DSTs- NYGiants, Atlanta

Bri- 8 hole:

QBs- Culpepper, Brooks

RBs- McGahee, A.Green, C.Houston, M.Bennett

WRs- Ward, Roy Williams, M.Clayton, Rogers, B.Jones

TEs- Everett, Baker, Graham, Shiancoe

Ks- Tynes, Hall

DSTs- Carolina, NYJets, GreenBay

Millenium Presents: Frank Black - 9 hole:

QBs- Bledsoe, Grossman, Griese, Orton

RBs- Jordan, Lewis, Moore, Morris, Haynes, M.Smith

WRs- Fitzgerald, Driver, J.Smith, Stokley, Williamson

TEs- Heap, Pollard

Ks- Vinatieri, Carney

DSTs- KC

TEs- Shockey

Ks- Kaeding, Hanson

Duckboy - 11 hole:

QBs- Palmer, Carr, Kitna

RBs- Westbrook, McAllister, C.Brown, Turner

WRs- Wayne, R.Smith, Moulds, S.Holmes, Gaffney, Pinkston

TEs- Winslow, Hilton, C.Anderson

Ks- Kasay, Longwell

DSTs- Philadelphia, Detroit

Rudy - 12 hole:

QBs- P.Manning, Delhomme

RBs- J.Jones, M.Anderson, Gore, Pearman, Blaylock

WRs- Evans, Bruce, Mark Clayton, E.Parker, Bradley, Gabriel, Parrish

TEs- Gonzalez, V.Davis

Ks- Elam, Nedney

DSTs- Cincy, Arizona

Glumpy - 13 hole:

TEs- Gates, Putzier

Ks- Graham, Mare

DSTs- Denver, Miami

ConstruxBoy - 14 hole:

QBs- Simms, Harrington, Campbell

RBs- R.Johnson, L.White, C.Taylor, Moats, Betts

WRs- A.Johnson, Givens, White, T.Taylor, V.Jackson, Roydell Williams, B.Marshall

TEs- Troupe, Watson

Ks- J.Brown, Gould

DSTs- NewEngland

JohnDoe - 15 hole:

QBs- Hasselback, A.Smith, Leinart

RBs- R.Brown, D.Williams, Duckett, Shelton, Shaud Williams

WRs- Mason, Bryant, Jenkins, Caldwell, Colbert, McDonald

TEs- McMichael, H.Miller

Ks- Akers, Peterson

DSTs- Oakland, Houston

Hear-the-Footsteps - 16 hole:

QBs- Brady, McNabb

RBs- K.Jones, R.Bush, Martin, Gado, Calhoun

WRs- Stallworth, Coles, Wilford, Wilson, G.Lewis, C.Jackson, Roby

TEs- Kinney, E.Johnson

Ks- Vanderjagt, Bironas

DSTs- Chicago, Cleveland
My comments are in bold. Will comment on more teams later.

Ravnzfan - 3 hole:

QBs- Plummer(4), Frerotte, Holcomb(8), Losman(8)

RBs- L.Johnson(3), F.Taylor(6), K.Faulk(6), Fisher(6)

WRs- Santana Moss(8), Walker(6), Curtis(7), McCardell,(3) Henderson(7)

TEs- Cooley(8), Wilcox(7)

Ks- Stover(7), Lindell(8), Bryant(4)

DSTs- Indy(6), Baltimore(7)

IMO, one of the best teams here.  QBs very solid with Plummer and Buffalo QB wrapped up.  RB1-2 good, although probably should have drafted at least 1 of the backups to Taylor.   WRs awesome.  TE awesome.  An elite TE in this scoring can make up for the deficiency in some other position.  Not sure I understand the Wilcox pick, however.
dodged a huge bullett w/6 teams on bye weeks 6 and 7...if I make it that far, my squad can handle those weeks where others will be holding their collective breaths...assuming of course Larry Johnson is healthy, as the rest of my RB's are on bye week 6

if Johnson goes down, there is little hope for this team, whose success is squarely centered on his shoulders

I'm thinking Patrick Pass has to at least eat in Faulk's #s if not Dillon's. You really think 70 receptions Ravenzfan?

I'm thinking Patrick Pass has to at least eat in Faulk's #s if not Dillon's. You really think 70 receptions Ravenzfan?
Faulk has never caught 70 balls--let's get that out of the way first and foremostIn his 2 most productive seasons, he's had 51(16 games) and 48(15games)

In his 8 games this year, he had 29(on pace for 58)---including games with 0 and 2(both losses)---ANY production in those games and we see him pacing mid 60's

In his 4 most productive games he caught 4-4-6-7(21)--all W's, IIRC

To the naked eye, Faulk involvement in passing game = NE success....reasonable expectations for Faulk put him in the mid-upper 50 range(in 16 games), with an upside approaching the 70 catch mark, IMO

Faulk has never caught 70 balls--let's get that out of the way first and foremostIn his 2 most productive seasons, he's had 51(16 games) and 48(15games)

In his 8 games this year, he had 29(on pace for 58)---including games with 0 and 2(both losses)---ANY production in those games and we see him pacing mid 60's

In his 4 most productive games he caught 4-4-6-7(21)--all W's, IIRC

To the naked eye, Faulk involvement in passing game = NE success....reasonable expectations for Faulk put him in the mid-upper 50 range(in 16 games), with an upside approaching the 70 catch mark, IMO
I don't think this is a reasonable predicion, to each his own.You stated above he's never had more than 51. He's 30 years old and hasn't been able to play 16 games in a couple years. His career average is probably 30-35 catches and you're expecting him to double that.

Also, NE has(IMO) shown that they want to get another back. Antwoine Womack and Hobbs(?) come to mind in recent drafts. I mentioned Pass and I can't imagine BB just ignoring him.

double his career average is too much to ask IMO.

His career average is probably 30-35 catches and you're expecting him to double that. Also, NE has(IMO) shown that they want to get another back. Antwoine Womack and Hobbs(?) come to mind in recent drafts. I mentioned Pass and I can't imagine BB just ignoring him.
I was looking more at his recent production, including the 29 grabs in 8 games this year...it seems obvious to me that the more Faulk is involved, the better for NE---maybe I'm way off base here :shrug: alot of IF's...

but IF NE returns to dominating the AFC, rather than just skate thru the East

IF the offense solidifies under Brady, with Givens(??/contract), Branch et all

IF Faulk can play 15-16 games, rather than 8...

THEN I'd expect production into the 50's, with 70 a top end number that wouldn't suprise me, given his success when he played last season

Good discussion, guys--didn't have my eyes on Pass! (best thing about these survivor drafts) :)

I took KFaulk, who is MONEY in this format--a healthy Faulk can grab 70 receptions--w/that 9.3 pick, then added TFisher a round later
"Distraught" is as good a description as any of the feeling I had when you made this pick. :(

Good discussion, guys--didn't have my eyes on Pass! (best thing about these survivor drafts)   :)
I'm surprised he didn't get picked. In a 20 round FF draft it's a "rule" to draft any RB that had a good game the previous year, isn't it? Also surprised with TE David Martin of GB

It looks like Pimpin has suffered the 1st casualty with the loss of R. Williams. However, his team looks to be 1 of the stronger teams to be able to withstand such a hit.

Well, I taken a hit at RB, with the Talyor to Vikes. What next? TO to Dallas sure would be nice.

Duckboy just had a major upgrade with Kitna going to the Lions.

Well, I taken a hit at RB, with the Talyor to Vikes.  What next?  TO to Dallas sure would be nice.

what about Anderson to baltimore too? I know they resigned Jamal, but could there be a split carries?I got a feelin that my backup QB's will be impacted by where K.Collins lands.

Can Minny go with BJ all year as starter?

So far, so good concerning free agency...

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

RBs- S.Jackson, Bell :thumbup: , Barlow, M.Barber

WRs- C.Johnson, R.Brown :thumbup: , K.Johnson :thumbdown: , S.Parker, McCareins :thumbup: , Berrian :thumbup: , A.Davis :thumbup:

TEs- Crumpler, LJ.Smith

Ks- Rackers, Reed

Some of those thumbs up based on lack of moves.

Well, I taken a hit at RB, with the Talyor to Vikes.  What next?  TO to Dallas sure would be nice.

what about Anderson to baltimore too? I know they resigned Jamal, but could there be a split carries?I got a feelin that my backup QB's will be impacted by where K.Collins lands.

Can Minny go with BJ all year as starter?
I hope so. I've got Vick and BJ in WSL I. I need BJ to be a stabilizing force to make up for Vick's week to week inconsistency.

My Harrington backup to Simms is looking weaker by the day. :bag:
construx, your team is looking a bit rough.C.taylor moving on was good for ya though
yeah, I was counting on:1) Harrington starting and being decent :X

2) White and Moats getting some good carries :unsure:

3) Taylor moving on :thumbup:

4) AJohnson being a top 10 WR :unsure:

5) Troupe and Watson being a fantastic combo :mellow:

Might still make some noise.

Sniffer, you're right about Anderson, which screws my Baltimore RB twice over, because of Lewis and Musa Smith. I am optimistic, though, that Lewis will be the primary RB. C. Taylor to Minny also screwed me.

Right now, I'm very happy with my QB situation, with TO playing in Dallas. I just wish Griese would land in a good situation.

TEs- Shockey

Ks- Kaeding, Hanson

A quick lok at my squad after alot of FA:

QB 's - So far so good, Warner should start as long as he's heahtly. Right Now BJ and Boller look good to go, hopefully I have 2 starters out of these 3 all year.

RB - Caddy looks solid and Dillon will be #1, alot of mocks have NE taking a back in round 1, we know that Bill & pioli wont do that. Shipps value is all but gone, Benson should get a shot.

WR - TO going to Dalls means Lelie stays in Denver, and maybe he'll finally produce. Booker should do fine with Daunte whenever Cpep is ready, Holt is Holt . TJ Hous is solid. With Keyshawn gone and TO in town, Crayton could have some decent game here & there. haven't herd about Reggie Williams get suspended for weed.

TE - shockey

Frank, nice grab with Bledseo, his value is sky high now.

Ravnzfan - 3 hole:

TEs- Cooley, Wilcox

DSTs- Indy, Baltimore

IMO, one of the best teams here.  QBs very solid with Plummer and Buffalo QB wrapped up.  RB1-2 good, although probably should have drafted at least 1 of the backups to Taylor.   WRs awesome.  TE awesome.  An elite TE in this scoring can make up for the deficiency in some other position.  Not sure I understand the Wilcox pick, however.
thanx for the kind words, Frankregarding Wilcox---he's the starter WHEN, not IF, Heap misses some time

with a great young TE in Cooley, I decided to punt on a decent TE2 and take Wilcox in the 20th, who will provide at least some production if something happens to Cooley

this allowed me to go ahead and take 3 starting QB's---more on that below

Taylor wasn't someone I was targeting, but his availability at the bottom of the 6th was too much to pass up---my strategy was to collect a bunch of 3rd down backs as RB 2's to pair w/LJ...as I mapped out my draft, I thought for sure I could land GJones @the start of the 9th, so I gambled a bit and took WR3/4 McCardell @8.14--valence pounced on Jones @8.15 and I was distraught! :rant: :hot: :wall:

I took KFaulk, who is MONEY in this format--a healthy Faulk can grab 70 receptions--w/that 9.3 pick, then added TFisher a round later

with the status of a vcouple teams K's up in the air, I wanted to grab 3 to help create alittle scarecity at the position...led by Stover (who was 30-31 after the 3 wiffs opening night vs INDY), I LOVE my situation here with the 3 K's

D's are under rated Indy and a Raven D that finished around D14, after starting with like 3 FF points the first 3 weeks last year--solid pair here

while some guys like getting 1 top flight QB, I prefer the rotation approach in this format and wanted to get 3 starters, which it looks like I did--having both Buff QB's insures at least 2 starters in case Ferrott gets benched/traded, etc

5 wide leaves me open to problems if there are injuries---if a guy goes down and 2 share a bye week, I could have serious problems if the other 2 have slow games... :keepsfingerscrossed: :unsure:

all-in-all, I really like the team...LJ, even in a "shared" role, will provide a ton of production---if Holmes retires, he has the potential to score nearly 400 himself, which is just sick...the RB2 position is solid w/Taylor and a couple good 3rd down backs

if the WR's hold up--SMoss continues w/good #'s--JWalker returns to "his old self"--McCardell squeezes 1 more decent year...we should go pretty far :thumbup:
update:QB's...w/CPep to MIA, my guess is Frerotte lands in Baltimore...Ravens are waiting for McNair contract situation to straighten itself out and have passed on all others available (my guess is McNair stays/retires, before he "transfers" here)---Gus provides inexpensive veteran presence, and will press Boller for the starters job

RB's...still no word on the Padre, but I'm confident with or without him, LJ will be "beast-like"

WR's...was counting on Ike to get axed, moving Curtis into the starters role over WR3---slight backfire, as McCardell gets slight downgrade w/Rivers tossing the rock in SD this year

Santana Moss has some help @WR2, which might or might not be good for him

TE's...Ravens carried 4 last year, with Wilcox, Dinkens and TJones Jr rostered....

Wilcox is the only one to return, signed to a 3 yr deal prior to start of FA, so I expect expanded role for him....he blows up if Heap gets his every-other-year nagging injury

K/D's...as solid as there is in the league, and might actually win a game or 2

As with any squad in this type format, there is plenty good that goes along with several ???

...I'm ready---bring it on!

Frank, nice grab with Bledseo, his value is sky high now.
It was such a tough dilemna for me between Warner and Bledsoe. In the end I drafted Bledsoe because the guy seems to stay healthy, and I was hoping they would acquire another good WR, although I didn't forsee TO at the time. My team has already taken some hits, and it's nice to get a bump up somewhere. If Griese doesn't get a starting gig somewhere (doesn't look like he will), I wouldn't mind seeing him as the backup in Dallas.Just read that Griese is close to signing with the Bears. Well, I certainly have the Chicago QB situation covered.

QBs- Warner 9 , Boller 7, B.Johnson 6

RBs- C.Williams 4, Dillon 6, Benson 7, Pittman 4, Shipp 9

WRs- Holt 7, TJ.Housh 5, Lelie3 , Booker 8, B.Johnson 9, Crayton 3, R.Williams 6

TEs- Shockey 4

Ks- Kaeding 3, Hanson 8

DSTs- Washington 8 , Tennessee 7

Duckboy - 11 hole:

QBs- Palmer 5, Carr 5, Kitna 8

RBs- Westbrook 9, McAllister 7, C.Brown 7, Turner 3

WRs- Wayne 6, R.Smith 4, Moulds 5, S.Holmes ?, Gaffney 9, Pinkston 9

TEs- Winslow 6, Hilton 7, C.Anderson 3

Ks- Kasay 9, Longwell 6

DSTs- Philadelphia 9, Detroit 8

Could hurt Week 5 QB and Week 7 RB with no spares, but otherwise not too bad.

ConstruxBoy - 14 hole:

QBs- Simms (4), Harrington (???), Campbell (8)

RBs- R.Johnson (5), L.White (???), C.Taylor (6), Moats (9), Betts (8)

WRs- A.Johnson (5) , Givens (7), White (5) , T.Taylor (6), V.Jackson (3), Roydell Williams(7), B.Marshall (???)

TEs- Troupe (7), Watson (6)

Ks- J.Brown (5) , Gould (7)

DSTs- NewEngland (6)

Week 5 is going to be rough and 7 isn't great either.

JohnDoe

Player Team BYE

QB Hasslebeck,Matt SEA 5

QB Smith,Alex SF 7

QB Leinart,Matt #N/A

RB Brown,Ronnie MIA 8

RB Williams,DeAngelo #N/A

RB Duckett,T.J. ATL 5

RB Shelton,Eric CAR 9

RB Williams,Shaud BUF 8

WR Mason,Derrick BAL 7

WR Bryant,Antonio SF 7

WR Jenkins,Michael ATL 5

WR Caldwell,Reche NE 6

WR Colbert,Keary CAR 9

WR McDonald,Shaun STL 7

TE McMichael,Randy MIA 8

TE Miller,Heath PIT 4

K Akers,David PHI 9

K Peterson,Todd #N/A

DEF Oakland OAK 3

DEF Houston HOU 5

Looks like week 7 will be tough.

QB

Bledsoe, 3

Grossman, 7

Griese, 7

Orton, 7

RB

Jordan, 3

Lewis, 7

Moore, 6

Morris, 5

Haynes, 4

Musa Smith, 7

WR

Fitzgerald, 9

Driver, 6

J. Smith, 6

Stokley, 6

Williamson, 6

TE

Heap, 7

Pollard, 8

K

Vinatieri, 6

Carney, 7

D

KC, 3

Week 6 is a killer. If I survive that, week 7 is rough as well.

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

QBs- Roethlisberger 4, Batch 4

RBs- S.Jackson 7, Bell 4, Barlow 7, M.Barber 3

WRs- C.Johnson 5, R.Brown 9, K.Johnson 9, S.Parker 3, McCareins 9, Berrian 7, A.Davis 8

TEs- Crumpler 5, LJ.Smith 9

Ks- Rackers 9, Reed 4

DSTs- Buffalo 8, Minnesota 3, St.Louis 4

Looks like the one QB strategy didn't hurt too much. Open date: Denver, N.Y. Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay...a lot of key players out this week. I'll have all 7 WRs going both TEs, 2 Ds, and 3 RBs. It will still be tight, but I may have dodged a bullet.

QB

Bledsoe, 3

Grossman, 7

Griese, 7

Orton, 7

RB

Jordan, 3

Lewis, 7

Moore, 6

Morris, 5

Haynes, 4

Musa Smith, 7

WR

Fitzgerald, 9

Driver, 6

J. Smith, 6

Stokley, 6

Williamson, 6

TE

Heap, 7

Pollard, 8

K

Vinatieri, 6

Carney, 7

D

KC, 3

Week 6 is a killer. If I survive that, week 7 is rough as well.
Frank Week 6 is the worst. Sorry Bro.You need to be immune after week 5 and bad.

Glumpy - 13 hole:

QBs- E.Manning 4, Brunell 8, V.Young ®

RBs- Foster 9, Perry 5, Davenport 6, Jacobs 4, Goings 9

WRs- S.Smith 9, Chambers 8, Kennison 3, Toomer 4, Battle 7, Finneran 5

TEs- Gates 3, Putzier 4

Ks- Graham 5, Mare 8

DSTs- Denver 4, Miami 8

Maybe if I survive the drafting at least the bye weeks don't look too bad...

Valence - 2 hole:

QBs- Brees (7), T.Green (3)

RBs- Alexander(5), T.Jones, (7) G.Jones (6), Staley (9), O.Smith (6)

WRs- Harrison(6), Horn (7), Porter (3), Lloyd (7), Sinorice Moss, Northcutt (6), Welker (8)

TEs- A.Smith(4), Franks (6)

Ks- Nugent (9), Scobee (6)

DSTs- Pitt (4), TampaBay (4)

weeks 4 6 and 7 could be real ugly.

BassNBrew - 6 hole:

TEs- Crumpler, LJ.Smith

Ks- Rackers, Reed

McCareins isn't looking so hot but I'm ready to roll with the rest.

TEs- Shockey

Ks- Kaeding, Hanson

For drafting in January I feel ok. Glad Lelie got dealt.

Users who are viewing this thread