What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (1 Viewer)

Groupon has the Microsoft Xbox One Holiday Value Bundle (No Kinect), which includes the Assassin's Creed Unity Game and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Game for a low $314.99 Free Shipping after 10% off Coupon Code: "TRIPLE" (Exp 3/5). Tax in most states. This BEATS most of the incredible Xbox One deals we saw on Black Friday/Cyber Monday!!

Just October of last year, we were seeing the Xbox One price dropped to $350 without any games and we all considered that a great deal. Just 3 months later, you are getting a brand new Xbox One with two blockbuster titles for $315.
Groupon has the Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Last of Us Remastered Bundle + 12 Mon PS Plus Subscription for a low $386.99 Free Shipping after 10% off Coupon Code: "TRIPLE" (Exp 3/5). Tax in many states. You are essentially getting a 10/10 IGN rated "Masterpiece" game and a 1-Year PS Plus Membership for LESS than the price you would normally pay for the console by itself!!

Features a new custom-designed AMD x86-64 Jaguar 8-core processor with Radeon graphics, 8GB DDR5 RAM, 802.11n wifi and bluetooth, USB 3.0 input, Blu-ray drive with 4K movie support (including streaming 4K movie delivery), newly designed DualShock 4 controller w/ built-in touchpad, built-in video recording of your games, and much much more.
Since my Xbox 360 is on the fritz, and I'm about done with the PS3 games I want to play, I'm thinking of getting on of the newer systems.

So for $315 for the XB1 vs $387 for the PS4, it's a pretty easy decision...right?

(Although I really want to play the new Uncharted on PS4 when that comes out.)
If the XBone doesn't come with a gold membership wouldn't the price end up being about the same since the PS4 comes with the PSPlus membership?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the XBone doesn't come with a gold membership wouldn't the price end up being about the same since the PS4 comes with the PSPlus membership?
Not if I don't buy a Gold membership - which I haven't yet and don't expect to. :shrug:
If your desire to play Uncharted 4 exceeds your desire to play Halo or whatever future exclusives the XB has coming up, I wouldn't let that minor price difference be the determining factor. Neither system has released any exclusives to date that get many people very excited.

Not if I don't buy a Gold membership - which I haven't yet and don't expect to. :shrug:
Didn't realize it wasn't required like the Plus membership is.
Plus is only required for online play. So "required" isn't the right word there either - if you get my meaning.

Didn't realize it wasn't required like the Plus membership is.
Plus is only required like gold is required.

You get free game downloads and the ability to play online.

I own both. I play the PS4 more but that's because I bought Destiny for it. Sometimes I wish I had bought Destiny on the XBox. It's nice to be able to have a baseball game or something else playing on the screen at the same time. My next game purchase will probably be on the XBox one for this feature alone.

I own both. I play the PS4 more but that's because I bought Destiny for it. Sometimes I wish I had bought Destiny on the XBox. It's nice to be able to have a baseball game or something else playing on the screen at the same time. My next game purchase will probably be on the XBox one for this feature alone.
That was what I was looking to do but I just run an app on my tablet and leave that one.

There's not really a right or wrong answer. So thanks for the input, guys.
You are right there is no wrong answer but if you haven't played the Last of Us it is a great game also even though you may not see the value of the online multiplayer with PSplus the free games are a great value as well. Also since you have a PS3 as well you can do what I do with the PSPlus. You are going to get the 2 PS3 games a month as well most months you get 2 PS4 games. If you have a Vita or a PSTV then you will be able to use the monthly PSplus Vita games as well.

$314 Xbox + Assassins Creed

$386 PS4 + The Last of Us + Valiant Hearts, Oddworld Abe's Odessy, Olli Olli 2 and Counterspy (the 4 games in instant PS Plus game collection) + at least 12 more games with your 12 month plus membership (more likely 18~24) + Online multiplayer + 24 PS3 games + 12~24 Vita games.

For me the PS4 with 16-28 games and other stuff you get is a better value by a lot.

I did play TLOU on the PS3. I liked it but it wasn't my favorite game ever. But then, I'm interested in checking it out on the PS4.

The PS+ free games feature is great.

One of the little known gems on the Xbox One is EA Access for $30/year. Basically, EA games that get a little long in the tooth get put into this EA Access vault and you get it as part of your subscription. It's well worth the $30, which is really what you'd pay for a single one of those games used but you get a whole slew of them.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

Don't forget the kinect!
I love using Kinect's voice commands for watching movies/youtube. We bought both systems at launch and the Xbox One is generally the one that gets used more simply because of the multimedia aspects with Kinect.

With that being said, all of the multiplatform games that I've bought have been on the PS4. In addition, my Xbox One just got fried due to a power surge into the house (power company's fault... not the Xbox), so I'm contemplating not replacing the Xbox One for a while/if ever.

Don't forget the kinect!
I love using Kinect's voice commands for watching movies/youtube. We bought both systems at launch and the Xbox One is generally the one that gets used more simply because of the multimedia aspects with Kinect.

With that being said, all of the multiplatform games that I've bought have been on the PS4. In addition, my Xbox One just got fried due to a power surge into the house (power company's fault... not the Xbox), so I'm contemplating not replacing the Xbox One for a while/if ever.
Groupon also has a deal for a refurb XB1 with Kinect and Ryse for $320.

:shrug: :confused:

Don't forget the kinect!

I think getting the xbox with the kinect is the only way to get a xbox. With the added kinect functionality it somewhat offsets the lower technical capabilities of the xbox.

Don't forget the kinect!

I think getting the xbox with the kinect is the only way to get a xbox. With the added kinect functionality it somewhat offsets the lower technical capabilities of the xbox.
This is accurate for me... then again, I don't really love Halo and there aren't any other Xbox exclusive franchises that come to mind that I really need. If you are only going to get one console, make the decision about which games you ultimately want to play.

Don't forget the kinect!

Is it better than the 360 voice commands? That did not appeal to me at all

Don't forget the kinect!

Have you tried the PS4 voice commands? I know it has them but I never bothered to try them out. Are they any good?

Don't have a camera so no. I don't ever use the voice stuff even on my comcast remote

not sure if you need the camera but no I've never tried the voice commands

XBox has free games with gold too. Downloaded Rayman Legends this month.
Honestly this month's games with gold is the best month they've done. Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for 360 and Rayman Legends for Xbone.

I also like that they made it easier to purchase Xbone games even if you only have a 360 so that you can have them in your library when you upgrade later. That was a good idea.

However, I'll likely buy a PS4 when I make the jump to a new console, but I haven't seen a game that screams to me that I have to have a new console yet. I've been spending a lot of time on my backlog and I'm fine with that.

Don't forget the kinect!

The Xbox One Kinect is a huge upgrade. The voice commands work much better than the 360 did. I don't have a lot of details. I only know of limited exposure when playing at my BiL's.

Don't forget the kinect!

I never had the Kinect for the 360, so I don't really know.

I never played the extra content but not for me :)

Enjoy.

Add your name to the playstation username thread if you like

belljr said:
OC Zed said:
Don't forget the kinect!

It's not game changing or anything, but it's definitely a major improvement.

One of the main things is being able to reference apps/games directly. On the 360 if you wanted to start Netflix you'd have to do "Xbox, go to Apps" <wait> "Xbox, next page" <wait> "Xbox, app 4". Now you just say "Xbox, go to Netflix", which you can say from anywhere.

Even more handy if you buy your games digitally as you can then do the same for launching games. And kinect snap commands are handy too. "Xbox, snap party", "invite party to game" and now your whole party has game invites.

Considering a new console myself as the hard drive on my XBox 360 died some time back. I am not a big gamer, mostly sports games. Madden, FIFA mostly, but would love a good Baseball game as well. Wife did enjoy Guitar Hero.

Games would be mostly for me, but if all things are equal on the sports games, would need to consider one that would work for the wife and 5 yo daughter (which I suspect the Xbox with Connect may appeal too).

Suggestions?

Considering a new console myself as the hard drive on my XBox 360 died some time back. I am not a big gamer, mostly sports games. Madden, FIFA mostly, but would love a good Baseball game as well. Wife did enjoy Guitar Hero.

Games would be mostly for me, but if all things are equal on the sports games, would need to consider one that would work for the wife and 5 yo daughter (which I suspect the Xbox with Connect may appeal too).

Suggestions?
There is only 1 answer for that - PS4

Suggestions?
Outside of Baseball, The Xbox One with EA Access has you covered. http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

Suggestions?
Outside of Baseball, The Xbox One with EA Access has you covered. http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/
So you still have to buy all the games? :confused:

eta: Or you only have to buy the new ones

Suggestions?
Some. The EA Vault has games in them and add as it goes on. They added Madden 15 just yesterday. Some examples:

FIFA 14

Need for Speed

Battlefield 4

Madden 15

Plants vs Zombies

NBA Live 15

UFC

All you have to do is download them to play. You also get 10% off any digital EA new release and free trials for games coming out pre-release.

ETA: Just be prepared for the need to buy an external hard drive if you are a "hardcore" gamer. Both systems suck up memory quickly. A 1TB hard drive is the equivalent of 5x the space of the X1.

Suggestions?
There is only 1 answer for that - PS4

Suggestions?
Thats what I was afraid of, why cant a good baseball game be made for the xbox? Or did the PS4 just do a good job of exclusive rights?

I'm surprised that Madden 15 was already added to EA Access. Figured it wouldn't make it there until Madden 16 was out a few months. Pretty happy with the speed at which they're adding games there (about ~8 month old games).

Suggestions?
Some. The EA Vault has games in them and add as it goes on. They added Madden 15 just yesterday. Some examples:

FIFA 14

Need for Speed

Battlefield 4

Madden 15

Plants vs Zombies

NBA Live 15

UFC

All you have to do is download them to play. You also get 10% off any digital EA new release and free trials for games coming out pre-release.
So Vault games are part of the membership but new ones you have to purchase. Ok that's a little better.

It would be good to try an older game I guess but I would probably own the ones I already wanted if that makes sense :lol:

Andy Dufresne said:
belljr said:
If you want to sell you Plus code ...there are ways :)
That's one of the reasons I bought it.
Plus is nice. There have been some dud months, but overall I've been pleased because it's introduced me to some games that I never would have played otherwise. Stuff like Don't Starve, Transistor, and Valiant Hearts.

Not as a good a value as it was on PS3 (no preexisting library to draw from), but still pretty solid.

Suggestions?

FIFA 14

Need for Speed

Battlefield 4

Madden 15

Plants vs Zombies

NBA Live 15

UFC

So Vault games are part of the membership but new ones you have to purchase. Ok that's a little better.

It would be good to try an older game I guess but I would probably own the ones I already wanted if that makes sense :lol:
:yes:

I bought Madden for Xmas.... :wall: . I would have never bought Live 15, Need for Speed, or others though. It's cool to have and my kids enjoy them too.

Anyone know if I add an external HD to my XBone if I have to redownload everything and move my save files over?

Anyone know if I add an external HD to my XBone if I have to redownload everything and move my save files over?
I'm pretty sure save files are saved in the cloud by default on the XB1. I have an XB1 upstairs and one downstairs and I've never had to move my save files between them.

Not sure about having to redownload.

I'm pretty sure save files are saved in the cloud by default on the XB1. I have an XB1 upstairs and one downstairs and I've never had to move my save files between them.

Not sure about having to redownload.
Yes, this is the case.

I just now moved Halo MCC from the internal hard drive to my USB hard drive. Nothing to do with save files, it's just the game install. You go into the Manage games & apps and click on it and choose move. Takes just a few minutes to do it. All saves are in the cloud - or somehow sync'd to the cloud.

PSA for people new to Playstation Plus and are thinking about upgrading their old PS3 hard drive for the free downloadable games (I have an old fat 60 GB one): The PS4 and PS3 use regular laptop hard drives so you can upgrade the PS4 drive (I got a 2 TB because I don't want to ever think about it again) and throw the 500 GB PS4 drive into the PS3.

If I'm just looking to play Madden and GTA does it make difference in which system I get ?
It's literally the same as last round.Do you play online ? Xbox one. Better interface and online experience at the sacrifice of a small amount of power.

Online isn't a priority and you just want the most powerful consol? The PS4 is again more powerful system with the slightly less robust online experience. The online experience gap is smaller this time since Microsoft somehow provide a less intuitive interface than on the 360, but Sony's online service isn't free anymore so they sorta cancel each other out.

I want a XB1 because I want to play with all my online buddies but really want to play Bloodborne, (a PS4 exclusive) so I'm torn.

Users who are viewing this thread