What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Xfinity Flex (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
Has anyone used Xfinity Flex? 

To qualify for Xfinity Flex, you'll need:

Xfinity Internet

TV with an available HDMI port

Get 15,000+ hours of hit movies, current shows, timeless films, and timely updates with Peacock Premium included for no additional cost. That’s a $4.99 a month value included at no extra cost to you – no strings attached.

Brings together top apps and networks including Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, YouTube, HBO Max, Spotify and more.

Get over 10,000 free movies and TV shows, including 200 channels from free apps like XUMO, Pluto and Tubi.

It’s easier than ever to search across your apps, all in one place with the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote.

Easy set up. Just plug in and connect to your Xfinity Internet to start streaming in seconds.

Access live sports and news through free apps like Cheddar and ESPN3.

It's included with xfinity internet. It's just a hub with all the apps. It's my understanding it works similar to an x1 box where you can browse all programs without going into the individual app until you want to view 

I think

Last edited by a moderator:
It's included with xfinity internet. It's just a hub with all the apps. It's my understanding it works similar to an x1 box where you can browse all programs without going into the individual app until you want to view 

I think
whats the catch?  seems fishy. plus they just put a bottleneck on internet here. we have to pay for unlimited now. i can see this increasing peoples bandwidth

whats the catch?  seems fishy. plus they just put a bottleneck on internet here. we have to pay for unlimited now. i can see this increasing peoples bandwidth
If you have streaming only you get one flex. You still need to subscribe to the services...netflix, prime etc.   The only thing you get is peacock.  If you want a second flex I think it's $5

If you have streaming only you get one flex. You still need to subscribe to the services...netflix, prime etc.   The only thing you get is peacock.  If you want a second flex I think it's $5
cool thanks ill look into it

i just converted to a business line and got rid of the TV / home phone side. 

techie comes out saturday to drop the new line. 

I tried one. I thought the interface was a little clunky. The way their advertising was worded, I *thought* it gave access to the local channels, but alas I was wrong. Don't think I've turned it on since I set it up and figured that out. My FireTV is much smoother to use.

I think
So it basically does what my Roku pick does (except it has a Peacock app and Roku doesn't because I'm sure it's ENTIRELY A COINCIDENCE that Comcast owns NBC/Peacock)

ETA - looks like Roku now has Peacock; it didn't the last time I looked.

I think
Yes, That was my thought as well. It’s free, so getting peacock made it worth the effort. Ultimately if we never use it, no big deal.

It sucks. You can get the same and more apps (including Peacock) on a much smaller device like a Roku Stick.

The remote is terrible. The interface is terrible.

It's not worth having it for free.  

Last fall, Xfinity wanted to double my price and almost halve my speed.

The best I was able to negotiate was a 50% increase ($30 to $45) with a slight increase in speed. 

Monopolies are the worst.

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Funny you say that. After being an Xfinity internet-only customer for several years now, mine was just raised by a few bucks in the past few months. Still better than negotiating every year or two. 
He said sharp annual increases. I think he might be thinking of TV, not internet. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Last fall, Xfinity wanted to double my price and almost halve my speed.

The best I was able to negotiate was a 50% increase ($30 to $45) with a slight increase in speed. 

Monopolies are the worst.
What speed? I have Xfinity and pay over $80/month for 200 megabit (aka "Blast")

I think I read somewhere that if you have this Comcast internet doodad that it blocks your hacked firestick from working. 

I think I read somewhere that if you have this Comcast internet doodad that it blocks your hacked firestick from working. 
Can confirm that is 100% false :brush:   :lol:   Unless it has to be hooked up in a certain configuration for the blocking to take place, IDK, but no issues here in that regard. 

Can confirm that is 100% false :brush:   :lol:   Unless it has to be hooked up in a certain configuration for the blocking to take place, IDK, but no issues here in that regard. 
Thanks for the heads up. Now I have to think about getting one. Certain that I poopoo'd some kind of Comcast thing when I was comparison shopping for cord cutting options. Maybe they changed something or I just got bad info.

Or as I attested to in the Shark Pool I can't friggin read 

Same here, except I rarely pay $80 as I get charged for overages every month.  
Might want to talk to them about adding their xFi, if you have that then you get unlimited data. For me it saved me about 20/mth over paying for unlimited as an add on. You can put the xFi into bridge mode, it will act as just the cable modem and keep using your existing wifi/router.

Might want to talk to them about adding their xFi, if you have that then you get unlimited data. For me it saved me about 20/mth over paying for unlimited as an add on. You can put the xFi into bridge mode, it will act as just the cable modem and keep using your existing wifi/router.
i was ready to get rid of it all - now have a new modem - stupid Gigabit plan - tv phone etc....   but this is what I did.  

i was ready to get rid of it all - now have a new modem - stupid Gigabit plan - tv phone etc....   but this is what I did.  
I really wish I had options here. It's att and Comcast. Some parts of Chicago can get RCN or WOW but not me.

I really wish I had options here. It's att and Comcast. Some parts of Chicago can get RCN or WOW but not me.
We have some options but they all suck.

Listen I like the comcast product,  I get good service,  I enjoy the dvr/streaming/on demand/on the go stuff

THeir pricing obviously always sucks and their customer reps might as well be lawn chairs.  

But we watch a ton of tv and well its "worth it"  I mean sure I could probably save 100 bucks if I really wanted too a month but Im comfy and lazy.  I enjoy my old man one stop shop 

Do you get charged a monthly "rental" fee for adding the xFi? 

You do but it it's less than the unlimited data charge. I had to add that since we were going through 1.5TB/mth minimum.
I've already used up my one grace overage month, and have come really close to going over again, but thus far haven't had to go to unlimited. I just have to limit my son from downloading Xbox games :lol:   But that's a good point on the fee being less than the unlimited fee. Wonder if they would negotiate that? 🤔

You have to rent the xFi every month, correct?  What is the extra cost for that?

25/mth but to add unlimited data it was 50/mth.
OK, that doesn't make much sense to me then.  That's $75 extra per month.  The worst month I had $100 in data overage charges.  Another month I had $80.  Otherwise, they have all be $20-$40 in overages (or zero).

So, it looks like most months I'd be paying more with the xFi and unlimited data.  Unless I'm missing something, I'd pass on this.

OK, that doesn't make much sense to me then.  That's $75 extra per month.  The worst month I had $100 in data overage charges.  Another month I had $80.  Otherwise, they have all be $20-$40 in overages (or zero).

So, it looks like most months I'd be paying more with the xFi and unlimited data.  Unless I'm missing something, I'd pass on this.
I think he's saying the $25/mo Xfi GIVES you unlimited. Unlimited without XFi is $50/mo

No, it's 25/mth for xFi and it inlcudes unlimited data. So it's 25/mth for xFi vs 50/mth for the add on unlimited.

What speed? I have Xfinity and pay over $80/month for 200 megabit (aka "Blast")
I have had Comcast all my life until I moved, Fios was available and I got it without hesitating. Verizon picked up my cancellation fee, gave a $300 credit and welcome kit with a Ring Stick Up cam. For gigabit home internet and one line unlimited wireless it’s $130 a month out the door non-promo pricing, $60 for gigabit and $70 for wireless with an owned device. Never looked back, leave if you can and give Comcast the finger if Fios is in the area. I think Verizon might start expanding installations again, which they should. I hate Comcast with a passion, saving and getting better service elsewhere.

I have had Comcast all my life until I moved, Fios was available and I got it without hesitating. Verizon picked up my cancellation fee, gave a $300 credit and welcome kit with a Ring Stick Up cam. For gigabit home internet and one line unlimited wireless it’s $130 a month out the door non-promo pricing, $60 for gigabit and $70 for wireless with an owned device. Never looked back, leave if you can and give Comcast the finger if Fios is in the area. I think Verizon might start expanding installations again, which they should. I hate Comcast with a passion, saving and getting better service elsewhere.
You're preaching to the choir here, but I live in a small town a few miles outside the nearest bigger city and it's Comcast or glorified DSL.  I keep hoping Fios makes it out here but so far no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread