What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo waivers didn't run, oops (1 Viewer)

I think he means

Pick up player a drop b

Pick up c drop b

If someone snags a then it picks c up and drops b instead
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is what he meant. The thing is, Yahoo lets you do it now. But a few years ago they didn't, and I agree that it was horrible. If you had one player in mind that you knew you wanted to drop, and say, 3 or 4 possible waiver targets you wanted to pick up, and you had priority #7, you had to try and guess which player to put in your claim for.

Regarding the rest of this thread...I STILL don't get it. What everyone is describing is how Yahoo has worked for at least the last 10 years. The only difference the last few weeks is that the waivers seem to be running closer to 3am PT instead of 1am PT. All the rest of the behavior...being able to pick up free agents at midnight, being able to see which players are still on waivers, etc. is how it has always been.

Fleaflicker is a much better free site.

This isn't the only problem with Yahoo waivers. Yahoo doesn't even have a real waiver system. Go into your team and try to put in two claims like this:

1.Picking up A dropping B

2.Picking up A dropping C

After you enter (2), it will delete (1). This just means it is a crude imitation of a real waiver system.
What would the goal be with those claims?
You want A, but would rather drop B than C. However, you're willing to drop C if a higher priority claim went through successfully and dropped B. There are many other types of applications as well.

Yahoo can't handle this at all. If you want to try to pick up two players you can only identify a unique player you're willing to drop for each. The system is completely dumb and non-responsive to what claims have previously been processed so you can't make conditional claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fleaflicker is a much better free site.

This isn't the only problem with Yahoo waivers. Yahoo doesn't even have a real waiver system. Go into your team and try to put in two claims like this:

1.Picking up A dropping B

2.Picking up A dropping C

After you enter (2), it will delete (1). This just means it is a crude imitation of a real waiver system.
What would the goal be with those claims?
You want A, but would rather drop B than C. However, you're willing to drop C if a higher priority claim went through successfully and dropped B. There are many other types of applications as well.

Yahoo can't handle this at all. If you want to try to pick up two players you can only identify a unique player you're willing to drop for each. The system is completely dumb and non-responsive to what claims have previously been processed so you can't make conditional claims.
What free site allows you to do that? (without any other problems coming along with that site)

I'm in 4 different yahoo leagues and each league's waivers run at different times.

1 at 2 something am

2 at 3 something am

1 at 5 something am

Didn't read the guts of this thread so if this is not applicable, apologies.

Did anyone else have problems with the waiver processing this week? Our #1 and # 2 priority teams put in claims and neither were awarded the player.

In regards to the midnight FA glitch, does it matter how the lock players option is set?

For example, in one of my Yahoo leagues, you can pick up Thursday players during/after Thursday game because players lock on Sunday, not at kickoff.

Again, waivers have not run but you can see who is on waivers and who is FA. Was hoping to sneak a player or two through now everyone knows who is going to get pushed (they just dont know for how much FAAB)

Epic fail by yahoo.

Again, waivers have not run but you can see who is on waivers and who is FA. Was hoping to sneak a player or two through now everyone knows who is going to get pushed (they just dont know for how much FAAB)

Epic fail by yahoo.
I still don't see why this is a problem. What do you mean by "sneak a player through"? When this happens in the morning, no other waiver claims can be made on those players. You can pick up the guys that are marked as FAs early, but the ones with claims are locked and can be considered "processed". Nothing can change, it's just delays the time when the claims get added to rosters.

At least, that was my experience, and Kenny Powers said the same thing earlier in this thread - you can't add claims to the players who are held up.

The problem is people probably only have 1 maybe 2 guys they are willing to drop for the FA's. If those guys are tied up in waiver claims that haven't processed and your not sure your going to get the waiver claim... it delays you in picking those FA's up. If they clear when they should 12am/3am whatever and you don't get the waiver you put in for you can then use the guy your were going to drop for a FA before they get picked over.

I was up to see this happen last night, and I was waiting to grab whichever of keenum or mccown made it thru waivers. Mccown became an fa and keenum still on waivers,as in someone had a claim on him, so I grabbed mccown and went to sleep. Well keenum wasn't claimed and someone picked him up at 8am. I found that strange

I was up to see this happen last night, and I was waiting to grab whichever of keenum or mccown made it thru waivers. Mccown became an fa and keenum still on waivers,as in someone had a claim on him, so I grabbed mccown and went to sleep. Well keenum wasn't claimed and someone picked him up at 8am. I found that strange
keenum wasn't claimed because he was down the list of somebody's claims, and one of the earlier claims got filled.

some guy has claims in like this

p/u rainey drop trent richardson

p/u keenum drop richardson

so, if the rainey claim goes through then the keenum claim is voided, but if somebody else snipes rainey then the keenum claim processes

you don't know any of those claims are going through until they do

keenum wasn't claimed because he was down the list of somebody's claims, and one of the earlier claims got filled.

some guy has claims in like this

p/u rainey drop trent richardson

p/u keenum drop richardson

so, if the rainey claim goes through then the keenum claim is voided, but if somebody else snipes rainey then the keenum claim processes

you don't know any of those claims are going through until they do
Or, like elbow ram said, someone cancelled their claim for Keenum. It will still lock a cancelled player.

I'll never understand this thread. People are describing the way Yahoo waivers have operated for a good 10 years, and acting like it is something new. Living on the West Coast, I've been checking at midnight Pacific Time for years, seeing who the pending waivers are and snagging free agents when I don't feel like burning my waiver priority.

Maybe the owner was dropping the same player on multiple claims

Waiver #1 Add Rishard Matthews Drop Miles Austin [successful]

Waiver #2 Add Case Keenum Drop Miles Austin

Edit: Looks like someone above also mentioned this.

FWIW, in my Yahoo league waiver pickups for this week show as happening at 8:46 AM - yours may have ran late too. They are usually between 3 and 4

If I want to drop a player from tomorrow night's game, can I still do so after he's played (Friday or Saturday)? Obviously I won't be starting him but I wouldn't mind at least "protecting" him for another week - in case he's the beneficiary of an injury or something.

I read on here somewhere Yahoo does allow this. But I'm worried that was in years past and I need to be absolutely certain this is the case.

If I want to drop a player from tomorrow night's game, can I still do so after he's played (Friday or Saturday)? Obviously I won't be starting him but I wouldn't mind at least "protecting" him for another week - in case he's the beneficiary of an injury or something.

I read on here somewhere Yahoo does allow this. But I'm worried that was in years past and I need to be absolutely certain this is the case.
I dropped Steve Smith Oct 24 at 9pm PST and he was claimed off waivers Oct 30 at 3am. That was either during/after their Thurs game vs TB. So to answer your question, it appears so (as long as he is on your bench obv). He dropped a player that was on a bye so I doubt he had a chance at him as a FAHope that helps

Someone's just angry that he's always gotten a "jump" on everyone else, either from having nothing else to do or not caring about having a crappy Wednesday, by sniping people listed as FA's at midnight/4 AM when everyone else is asleep.

Now, waivers run late, and all the people with families/lives/whatnot have the same opportunity at 8 AM/11 AM, and it's not fair.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

I don't understand why they don't leave everyone as a Waiver until all waivers are completed. I can't think of a reason not to do that.

I dropped Steve Smith Oct 24 at 9pm PST and he was claimed off waivers Oct 30 at 3am. That was either during/after their Thurs game vs TB. So to answer your question, it appears so (as long as he is on your bench obv). He dropped a player that was on a bye so I doubt he had a chance at him as a FAHope that helps
Yeah, helps a lot, thanks. All I really care about is that I'm not stuck with a player that I'm preparing to drop after his game on Thursday. There is nobody else I can afford to drop so I'd be screwed if Yahoo locks him on my team through the rest of the weekend.

This is definitely a glitch that you'd think will get fixed. I just hope it's not mid-season.

Ability to drop players who have already played is a commish setting in yahoo I believe.
I looked in the scores & settings in the league I dropped Smith in (its actually a Pro league) and couldn't see anything listed

Yeah, helps a lot, thanks. All I really care about is that I'm not stuck with a player that I'm preparing to drop after his game on Thursday. There is nobody else I can afford to drop so I'd be screwed if Yahoo locks him on my team through the rest of the weekend.

This is definitely a glitch that you'd think will get fixed. I just hope it's not mid-season.
wut?

Larry, what I'm saying is you can drop a player from your team after their game has been played. IF 1.) that game is on Thursday and 2.) you didn't start that player. That shouldn't be. And I assume they eventually fix it.

Larry, what I'm saying is you can drop a player from your team after their game has been played. IF 1.) that game is on Thursday and 2.) you didn't start that player. That shouldn't be. And I assume they eventually fix it.
pretty sure it's been like that as long as I've been in a yahoo league, which is maybe 7 or 8 years.

While ESPN's format isn't as good, Yahoo!'s consistent incorrect assignment of injury designators and now this crap is not amusing.

Anyone know if u cancel waivers if the player unlocks?
Does not unlock.You can actually use this "glitch" to really mess things up when waivers run late like this. By creating a waiver claim for a player, then canceling it, that player will not switch to a FA early like the rest of the unclaimed players until after waivers run. If someone in your league is the early bird who likes to snipe the FAs before waivers run, you could tie up a bunch of players by submitting waivers for them and then canceling all of them.

yeah this is messed up, i canceled two of my kicker waivers which im not sure why i had anyway.

It is pretty bad because anyone that see the various players locked can now put claims on them when they may have otherwise slipped through the cracks...sitting at 13 out of 14 priority...this really sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread