What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN nightly waivers timing question (1 Viewer)

OrganizedChaos

Footballguy
So in my ESPN league I live on the West coast while everyone else is on the East coast. So if I want to skip waivers (so I don't lose my position) and do an add/drop I need to do it right after waivers run as everyone else will be up before me the next morning and doing their add/drops. Waivers (based on the waiver report) run anywhere from maybe 9:45 PM to 10:30 PM on Tuesday night Pacific time). However, I have tried staying up or waking up every few hours and checking and the website does not seem to change any players until around 1 to 2 am Pacific time. I check for the waiver report showing up as well as my roster changing and nothing until that timeframe but then the waiver report says the waivers happened hours earlier. Anyone else have similar results? I am pretty sure it worked differently last year. It is what it is but wanted to make sure I should not being doing something else (such as trying to do add/drops in spite of what website is showing me, etc.). If it is actually processing waivers hours before it changes the website I don't know what happens to waivers people put in before the website changes but after waivers have actually run.

So in my ESPN league I live on the West coast while everyone else is on the East coast. So if I want to skip waivers (so I don't lose my position) and do an add/drop I need to do it right after waivers run as everyone else will be up before me the next morning and doing their add/drops. Waivers (based on the waiver report) run anywhere from maybe 9:45 PM to 10:30 PM on Tuesday night Pacific time). However, I have tried staying up or waking up every few hours and checking and the website does not seem to change any players until around 1 to 2 am Pacific time. I check for the waiver report showing up as well as my roster changing and nothing until that timeframe but then the waiver report says the waivers happened hours earlier. Anyone else have similar results? I am pretty sure it worked differently last year. It is what it is but wanted to make sure I should not being doing something else (such as trying to do add/drops in spite of what website is showing me, etc.). If it is actually processing waivers hours before it changes the website I don't know what happens to waivers people put in before the website changes but after waivers have actually run.
I’m only in 1 espn league, but our waivers run at 10:00 AM the next day. But maybe that’s a setting.

Ultimately I’m just here to say that ESPN is literally the worst fantasy site I’ve ever used.

I’m only in 1 espn league, but our waivers run at 10:00 AM the next day. But maybe that’s a setting.

Ultimately I’m just here to say that ESPN is literally the worst fantasy site I’ve ever used.
I agree with you on the site. I have numerous issues with it. I just don't get the waivers running but the site not updating accordingly until a few hours later. It is either that or the times listed on the waiver report is incorrect.

We use sleeper now but did espn for the last 8-10 years. The waiver would run around 3-4 am central time. I think it would show the accurate time.

I'm in 2 ESPN Leagues and in both leagues (Eastern Time Zone) the times vary for weekly waivers - any time between 3am-4am for 1 league and between 4am-5am for the other league.

Thanks for all of the replies. I just figured out part of it. It does not display any time zone so I assumed it was using Eastern. It was not. The time displayed for me is Pacific which puts it between 12:00 and 1:00. What I still don't get is I checked at 1 AM last week and nothing was updated on the site but the waivers report says the waivers happened at 12:45. I am just going to continue using waivers and not count on being able to do any early add/drops and keep my waiver position. Thanks again for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread