What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Week 7 (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
Anyone play here? Someone mentioned the pricing is very tight in the FD thread. I haven't played football there yet, but the hockey game is soft.

My first lineup:

Hoyer $30

Gurley $31

Martin $28

Diggs $16

Moncrief $19

M Bryant $21

Barnidge $21

Crabtree $19

Patriots $12

$3 leftover

Yeah I dabble a bit. QBs are so overpriced it makes it very hard to build a lineup. I haven't looked at it this week but from the prices you have there it looks really tough still.

Crabtree for $19 is a good bargin. I will probably have Cmike in my lineup as I'm betting he's $10

Figuring out Yahoo pricing is rather difficult. I had some success last week due to a Kaep-Boldin stack, but finding it really hard to build a LU this week. Cmike is indeed cheap $10 $13. Jimmy Graham is also pretty cheap at $18. Even with that, it's almost impossible to put together a LU without one or more serious punts. Might just sit this week out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone play here? Someone mentioned the pricing is very tight in the FD thread.
That was me. Trying to figure out why they're pricing things like this.

QB Teddy Bridgewater $31

RB Christine Michael $13

RB Latavius Murray $31

WR Stefon Diggs $16

WR Calvin Johnson $29

WR Mike Evans $19

TE Greg Olsen $23

FLEX Chris Ivory $28

DEF Dallas Cowboys $10

What I've got currently:

Ryan

Miller, Woodhead, Michael

Julio, Evans, J.Brown

Graham, Fins

don't really like it at all.

Figuring out Yahoo pricing is rather difficult. I had some success last week due to a Kaep-Boldin stack, but finding it really hard to build a LU this week. Cmike is indeed $10. Jimmy Graham is also pretty cheap at $18. Even with that, it's almost impossible to put together a LU without one or more serious punts. Might just sit this week out.
You'd think given the casual level of their massive full season league population, they'd do the opposite. Make it fun and easy to stack a lineup. Instead they're pricing is far from casual. The paranoiac in me thinks it's predatory. The cynic thinks it's just amateur. We should be able to exploit it though. I still haven't deposited because I'm debating how much of he sucker double bonus I want. :)

Hulk was doing well there. Where'd he go?

QB Teddy Bridgewater $31

RB Christine Michael $13

RB Latavius Murray $31

WR Stefon Diggs $16

WR Calvin Johnson $29

WR Mike Evans $19

TE Greg Olsen $23

FLEX Chris Ivory $28

DEF Dallas Cowboys $10
Btw, this was just screwing around if anyone is thinking CMike is sneaky good. Michael is still behind Randle according to the latest from a solid beat writer with Bloom noting the same. It is however an open competition that will likely play out on the field a little more this week. Could hit with either in a gpp but fading both is sensible.

Figuring out Yahoo pricing is rather difficult. I had some success last week due to a Kaep-Boldin stack, but finding it really hard to build a LU this week. Cmike is indeed $10. Jimmy Graham is also pretty cheap at $18. Even with that, it's almost impossible to put together a LU without one or more serious punts. Might just sit this week out.
You'd think given the casual level of their massive full season league population, they'd do the opposite. Make it fun and easy to stack a lineup. Instead they're pricing is far from casual. The paranoiac in me thinks it's predatory. The cynic thinks it's just amateur. We should be able to exploit it though. I still haven't deposited because I'm debating how much of he sucker double bonus I want. :)

Hulk was doing well there. Where'd he go?
Still around. Had a rough week 5, but still up about $2K.

This week:

Stafford

Freeman, Jennings, CMike

Hopkins, Woods, Moncreif

Gates

Miami

For now anyways. My Thursday lineups tend to change a lot on Saturday night.

QB Teddy Bridgewater $31

RB Christine Michael $13

RB Latavius Murray $31

WR Stefon Diggs $16

WR Calvin Johnson $29

WR Mike Evans $19

TE Greg Olsen $23

FLEX Chris Ivory $28

DEF Dallas Cowboys $10
Btw, this was just screwing around if anyone is thinking CMike is sneaky good. Michael is still behind Randle according to the latest from a solid beat writer with Bloom noting the same. It is however an open competition that will likely play out on the field a little more this week. Could hit with either in a gpp but fading both is sensible.
Absolutely he's risky in cash. But I feel like you have to have a punt given this scoring, and cashing comes down to which punts are successful. Other options in that range: Sims, Michael Floyd, Woods.

I pulled Ryan for stafford and put together something very similar to Hulk:

Stafford

Freeman Jennings ($15), CMike

Hopkins Monc Evans

Graham Dolphins

My main lineup scored 133.5 and I lost everywhere. Disappointing. Lost like a grand of house money.

Still up, but it hurts to be inches from the cut line in contest after contest.

My main lineup scored 133.5 and I lost everywhere. Disappointing. Lost like a grand of house money.

Still up, but it hurts to be inches from the cut line in contest after contest.
I only entered one lineup and scored 137.74 and narrowly made or missed my double ups.

In some of the tournaments, I made a small amount in some--i.e. $15 in a $10 entry for coming ~16k out of 56k. I missed in others--1235th of 4079.

I find it a little surprising that the median would be so different in the double ups and tourneys.

I just noticed that in one of the "better half" tournaments ($5) i finished 1279 of 3978. I haven't looked closely at any of the results at any of the sites to know if this kind of result is unusual or not.

Those better halfs were the only thing I cashed in.

Sitting on like $400 profit now. Considering reloading the chambers. I've had 2 bad weeks and a barely good week out of the past 3. Trying to decide if the game has gotten harder or if the cookie isn't just crumbling my way lately.

Users who are viewing this thread