What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You think Balt will get tired of fragile Willis? (1 Viewer)

Hoss_Cartwright

Footballguy
Willis McGahee-RB- Ravens Nov. 16 - 3:27 pm et

Willis McGahee limped off the field with an apparent ankle injury in the third quarter Sunday and is doubtful to return.

McGahee landed awkwardly on his leg and has his helmet removed on the sideline. Ray Rice and LeRon McClain are taking all of the snaps.

This guy would hurt himself taking a crap. I believe Rice is a better fit for Harbaugh's offense, and Harbaugh may just get tired of McGahee getting hurt every week.

In most/all leagues I play in, it's too late. If you didn't get Rice in August or early September, that time has passed. If you can still get him in your league though, go for it.

In most/all leagues I play in, it's too late. If you didn't get Rice in August or early September, that time has passed. If you can still get him in your league though, go for it.
I was lucky enough to either draft or trade for him in 4 of 7 dynasty leagues :lmao:He's not someone that would cost a fortune. Owners still don't believe in him, and they also think McClain is going to be worth more :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a matter of McClain being worth more. I see this as a platoon starting next year with the better of the two as a passable RB3 in the type of league I play in (admittedly a 10 teamer).

Jimmy James said:
I don't think it's a matter of McClain being worth more. I see this as a platoon starting next year with the better of the two as a passable RB3 in the type of league I play in (admittedly a 10 teamer).
Before long the entire league will be mostly RBBC / Thunder and Lightning / etc. etc.

I haven't seen much of Rice in the pros but I was impressed with him in college. How's he looked this year.

All the highlights of him seem to be on draws out of the shotgun set, is that a bad sign?

As for McGahee, he's always struck me as a great talent who just doesn't seem to want it enough. Kind of a shame too, he looked like he was going to be the next big thing at one point.

When somebody posts McGahee's contract details, you'll quickly conclude he won't be around after 2009 for sure. But next season he is still affordable.

I've never unerstood why he took the heavy backend deal. Hell never see that money.

When somebody posts McGahee's contract details, you'll quickly conclude he won't be around after 2009 for sure. But next season he is still affordable.I've never unerstood why he took the heavy backend deal. Hell never see that money.
Any word on the severity of McGahee's ankle injury? Rice could be a sneaky play down the stretch is McGahee is out for any extended period of time.

When somebody posts McGahee's contract details, you'll quickly conclude he won't be around after 2009 for sure. But next season he is still affordable.I've never unerstood why he took the heavy backend deal. Hell never see that money.
The $15M guaranteed in the 1st 2 years likely had something to do with it. He's only due 3.6M in 2010 as well. Not chump change, but not overly expensive either. He can always restructure as well.

$7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.
I'd say the odds of him being a Raven beyond 2009 is around...5%?

Willis McGahee-RB- Ravens Nov. 17 - 10:33 am et

According to a team official, Willis McGahee (ankle) could have returned to Sunday's action if necessary.

The Ravens pulled McGahee in the third quarter after he rushed nine times for just 18 yards and caught two passes for seven. At that point, the Ravens were getting blown out, and apparently decided to play it safe with their running back. It sounds like he'll be fine for Week 12.

Source: Carroll County Times

:shrug: - pissed Rice owner

Willis McGahee-RB- Ravens Nov. 17 - 10:33 am et

According to a team official, Willis McGahee (ankle) could have returned to Sunday's action if necessary.

The Ravens pulled McGahee in the third quarter after he rushed nine times for just 18 yards and caught two passes for seven. At that point, the Ravens were getting blown out, and apparently decided to play it safe with their running back. It sounds like he'll be fine for Week 12.

Source: Carroll County Times

:angry: - pissed Rice owner
Yeah, but let's see if he practices this week. Though, a talented rook right behind you on the depth chart is pretty good motivation. That 150 yard game from Rice could do a lot for McGahee's durability.

Anyone have a feeling he'll miss Wed's practice, then miss Thursday's practice, then be limited on Friday and miss next week's game. All the FWP and McGahee owners know this feeling.

Anyone have a feeling he'll miss Wed's practice, then miss Thursday's practice, then be limited on Friday and miss next week's game. All the FWP and McGahee owners know this feeling.
Whatever happens I'll get the wrong news and start the wrong person. I wish McGahee would just man up and play, either that or park his ### on the bench and let Rice show what he can do. This back and forth injury problems with him are getting really old, especially when I cant good info on who to start

Whatever happens I'll get the wrong news and start the wrong person. I wish McGahee would just man up and play, either that or park his ### on the bench and let Rice show what he can do. This back and forth injury problems with him are getting really old, especially when I cant good info on who to start
:penalty: OK--I don't know how many times I've heard this over the last month, but enough is enough already!

McGahee wants to play--period...

Harbaugh is trying to win football games--period...

With a healthy McGahee, the Ravens offense has the best chance to win football games--period

McGahee will play until he can't go---Harbaugh job is try to utilize McGahee as best he can to try to make playoffs, which was not thought possible as little as 8-10 weeks ago

that approach doesn't do FF owners mush good, as we try to decide who to put in and when...this is going on all over, and will get even bigger, IMO as "Earth, Wind and Fire" shows how successful splitting time w/3RB's can be

THAT...blows!

(I'll bump this later in the week as I hear any news on Willis&Co)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread