What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RETURNING THE RAIDERS TO GLORY (3 Viewers)

DOUG JOLLEY DROPS IT AT THE 1!!!GANNON threw it ever so slightly behind him!!!THE DREAM IS OVER!! RAIDERS LOSE!!

COMING UP - we'll have the full off-season as we attempt to REBUILD THE RAIDERS after they lose all the old gang of players to retirement!

OK, ON WITH THE OFF-SEASON!Confirmation of RETIREMENTS:Rich GannonRod WoodsonBill RomanowskiJerry RiceTim BrownTodd LyghtDeion SandersTrace ArmstrongRick MirerNot unsurprisingly, this is an enormous loss for our team. It's how we respond now that will shape the future of the SILVER AND BLACK!

RE-SIGNED:Eric Barton (23.5/7)Frank Middleton (19/7)Dana Stubblefield (21/7)Barton is a key player at OLB. Middleton and Stubblefield are OK at G and DT -- until we can find anyone better!

NOT RE-SIGNED:John ParrellaAlvis WhittedAdam TreuRoland WilliamsBrad BadgerEric JohnsonTim JohnsonRonney JenkinsChad SlaughterA huge number of players aren't brought back from last season. None of them will be missed - the most valuable is JOHN PARRELLA but we already have 2 solid DTs.

OK, here's a quick overview of where we are.QB: Tui is now the guy. He's improved enough to be an OK starter, but he doesn't really have a great arm. If we can draft a great young QB to become our long starter, then we should. In the meantime we can stick with Tui.HB: Garner is OK for another couple of years.FB: Crockett is OK for another couple of years.WR: Joey Porter's our only guy here. Major upgrade required.TE: Doug Jolley a solid starter, Teyo Johnson really coming on too_OL: Great pair of Ts, OK at Gs and CDL: Fine at DT for the moment, although a dominating DT is a priority in the draft in the next few years. Couple of young projects at DE - Kenyon Coleman and Sam Williams - who have some potential. Couldn't turn down an established DE in FA however.LB: Solid trio in Barton, Harris and Godfrey, with Harris sliding out to OLB. A really speedy OLB in the draft would allow us to shift Harris back inside and drop Godfrey.S: Gibson is getting better and Ronnie Bradford is a temporary solution. Need to draft a FS for the future.CBs: Great selection with Woodson and Buchanon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go with the DRAFT!With our first round pick there's still a bunch of talented (ie ranked 1-2nd round) QBs out there, and I think we really have to address that position. We want to have an elite guy as our starter down the road, and I don't think Tui is going to be that guy.The top-ranked guy is a very speedy scrambling guy, but he doesn't have great arm strength. But slightly lower-ranked is a real intriguing figure with an absolute GUN of an arm. Raw and not very accurate but that'll improve dramatically if we play him. I am going to select him unless the FFA strongly objects in the next few minutes!

But slightly lower-ranked is a real intriguing figure with an absolute GUN of an arm. Raw and not very accurate but that'll improve dramatically if we play him. I am going to select him unless the FFA strongly objects in the next few minutes!
No objection here, unless you decide to name him Joe Bryant.

No objection here, unless you decide to name him Joe Bryant.
He's 6'3 and 220. He looks just like ELI MANNING. I'll call him that initially while you fellows debate what he should be called.

Portis---you really need a girlfriend...seriously.But despite that....I have hit the refresh key once or twice to monitor the game time updates.. :lol:

Our 2nd round pick offers an intriguing possibility of a super-fast - and I mean lightning fast - OLB. We have three good LBs at the moment but two of them are MLBs (Napoleon Harris and Randall Godfrey) and if it stayed like that we would have to play one of position. I say we draft the lightning fast OLB. They don't crop up very often, so we're in luck to get the chance to draft one here, and he'll be a fixture of our D.

Our 2nd round pick offers an intriguing possibility of a super-fast - and I mean lightning fast - OLB. We have three good LBs at the moment but two of them are MLBs (Napoleon Harris and Randall Godfrey) and if it stayed like that we would have to play one of position. I say we draft the lightning fast OLB. They don't crop up very often, so we're in luck to get the chance to draft one here, and he'll be a fixture of our D.
I believe Outside Contain asked to be an OLB.

I believe Outside Contain asked to be an OLB.
:pickle:

DRAFT PICKS SIGNED:QB RANDALL MAGNUM - $11m/7 yearsOLB OUTSIDE CONTAIN - $7m/7 years

Some good news on our player's characteristics. QB RANDALL MAGNUM has a real GUN of an arm, with THROWING POWER 93. Meanwhile OLB OUTSIDE CONTAIN is exceptionally fast with SPEED 88.These two should be fine players!

QB RANDALL MAGNUM starts off ranked 69, OLB OUTSIDE CONTAIN begins at 72. Those might look like low values but once we play them a bit, they'll be fine.

Some good news on our player's characteristics. QB MAGNUM RANDALL has a real GUN of an arm, with THROWING POWER 93. Meanwhile OLB OUTSIDE CONTAIN is exceptionally fast with SPEED 88.

These two should be fine players!
*Tearing the mic away from Paul Tagiabulatiuslie*Thanks I just want thank the Raidahs for picking me and I just can’t wait to get to camp and meet my new team mates. I will try any way I can to make the team win even if it means clipping the toenails on the OL.

Special thanks to Coach Wateva. My LB coach at Penn State that taught me to read.

GOOD NIGHT CLEVLAND, YOU´VE BEEN GREAT

*storms off stage*

*Tearing the mic away from Paul Tagiabulatiuslie*

Thanks I just want thank the Raidahs for picking me and I just can’t wait to get to camp and meet my new team mates. I will try any way I can to make the team win even if it means clipping the toenails on the OL.

Special thanks to Coach Wateva. My LB coach at Penn State that taught me to read.

GOOD NIGHT CLEVLAND, YOU´VE BEEN GREAT

*storms off stage*
Nice. This thread could get good.

C KEVIN MAWAE (OVR 94) is signed to a $28m/7 year deal.He's one of the best Cs in the game, and although incument BARRET ROBBINS isn't bad, we have the cap space after the retirement of the old generation to sign MAWAE.

WR DARRELL JACKSON (88 overall) is signed to a $31m/7 year deal.Now we have a proper WR duo in JERRY PORTER and D-JAX!

WR DENNIS NORTHCUTT (81 overall) is signed to a $14m/4 year deal. He is a very nice third WR for us to have.

Finally, we lack a backup QB. RANDALL MAGNUM will be too green next season. We sign MIKE McMAHON (77 overall) to a $4.05/1 year deal.

RE-NEGOTIATIONS:BARRET ROBBINS ($3m/1)RANDALL GODFREY (4.5m/1)We buy a couple of veterans out of the rest of their contracts. Godfrey makes way after next year for OUTSIDE CONTAIN while Robbins will be surplus to requirements with the arrival of KEVIN MAWAE.

PRE-SEASON:Randall Magnum +3 to 72Doug Jolley +2 to 83Teyo Johnson +2 to 80Kenyon Coleman +2 to 73Sam Williams +1 to 76Outside Contain +1 to 73Napoleon Harris +1 to 89Chris Cash +2 to 81

Year TWO promises to be fascinating with the hopeful emergence of young stars RANDALL MAGNUM and OUTSIDE CONTAIN. Hope you can join me next time when we'll do it all again!That's it for now!Thanks for all your support, guys! :thumbup:

I assume you're still doing with 2004? Madden 2005 this thread should be VERY interesting... Training camp battles, reports of discontented players demanding to start, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread