Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RETURNING THE RAIDERS TO GLORY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Portis, do you adjust coaching philosophies between games? Like set the coach to focus on the run one game and the pas the next based on who you're playing? Or have the defense play the run more? Or set an aggressive D that blitzes more often? Do you just set a default value for the season or do you adjust every game? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

ROSTER for YEAR TWO:QBM. Tuiasosopo (3) 82Mike McMahon (3) 77Randall Magnum ® 72HBCharlie Garner (10) 88Justin Fargas (1) 68Jeff Nealy ® 65FBZack Crockett (9) 80WRJerry Porter (4) 90Darrell Jackson (4) 88Dennis Northcutt (4) 81M. Westbrook (9) 78Doug Gabriel (1) 64TE Doug Jolley (2) 83Teyo Johnson (1) 80Alex Philips ® 59LTBarry Sims (5) 89Langston Walker (2) 78LGFrank Middleton (7) 87Matt Stinchcomb (5) 70CKevin Mawae (10) 94Barret Robbins (9) 85RGMo Collins (6) 87J.T. Sapp ® 63RTLincoln Kennedy (11) 94Matt Martin (1) 59LEKenyon Coleman (2) 73Bradley Pickens ® 50RESam Williams (1) 76Tony Bryant (4) 70DTRoderick Coleman (5) 89Dana Stubblefield (11) 85John Gonzalez ® 69LOLBOutside Contain ® 73Jeff Gooch (8) 57MLBRandall Godfrey (8) 91Napoleon Harris (2) 89Travian Smith (6) 71ROLBEric Barton (5) 89Corey Moore (4) 53CBCharles Woodson (6) 94Phillip Buchanon (2) 86Chris Cash (2) 81Terry Fair (6) 76Terrance Shaw (9) 76Nnamdi Asomugha (1) 71 FSRonnie Bradford (11) 81Woody Dantzler (2) 54SSDerrick Gibson (3) 82Siddeeq Shabazz (1) 55KS. Janikowski (4) 91PShane Lechler (4) 96

Hey Portis, do you adjust coaching philosophies between games? Like set the coach to focus on the run one game and the pas the next based on who you're playing? Or have the defense play the run more? Or set an aggressive D that blitzes more often? Do you just set a default value for the season or do you adjust every game? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

No, I keep it the same for every game, whether simulated or watched - 60/40 pass/run. That's just about the right balance to elevate the values of the QB, WRs and TE while still keeping the HB happy.

RAIDERS STARTERS for the playoffs:QB MARQUES TUIASOSOPO (82)HB CHARLIE GARNER (88)FB ZACK CROCKETT (80)WR JERRY PORTER (90)WR DARRELL JACKSON (88)TE DOUG JOLLEY (83)LT BARRY SIMS (89)LG FRANK MIDDLETON (87)C KEVIN MAWAE (94)RG MO COLLINS (87)RT LINCOLN KENNEDY (94)DE KENYON COLEMAN (73)DE SAM WILLIAMS (76)DT ROD COLEMAN (89)DT DANA STUBBLEFIELD (85)OLB NAPOLEON HARRIS (89)MLB RANDALL GODFREY (91)OLB ERIC BARTON (89)CB CHARLES WOODSON (94)CB PHILLIP BUCHANON (86)FS RONNIE BRADFORD (81)SS DERRICK GIBSON (82)

Our 1st round draft pick RANDALL MAGNUM is our QB of the future but right now we're going to go with TUI. He just doesn't have a great arm, but he's the best guy we have to go with now. He doesn't have to carry the team - he's got a couple of great WRs to throw to, a solid running game and a superb D. Plus he's got some nifty scrambling skills.The Raiders are unlikely to return to the SUPER BOWL this year but we could make some noise in the playoffs.COMING UP! The RAIDERS travel to SAN DIEGO for the wildcard game!!

Edited by Portis 26

RANDALL MAGNUM IS DA BOMB!!DID HE AT LEAST PLAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON?!?!

He played nearly the whole regular season, which means his overall ranking will take a big jump in the off-season. But for now we have to go with Tui because he's got the better overall ranking right now.

RANDALL MAGNUM IS DA BOMB!!DID HE AT LEAST PLAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON?!?!

He played nearly the whole regular season, which means his overall ranking will take a big jump in the off-season. But for now we have to go with Tui because he's got the better overall ranking right now.
Personally I am dissapointed that I am benched in the play offs. Damn man, don't you remember that game when I tore off Brad Johnson's arm on a blitz? Ater clipping the toenails on the OL all season... I will hold out until you raise my contract with a snickers bar and that cheerleader Latoshaayandaa. :hot:

JANIKOWSKI slots him a 50 yard FG and the RAIDERS lead 10-0.TUI's not pretty, but he's effective. He's scrambling a lot, and while he sometimes gets nailed, he also gets some nice gains too. His arm is relatively weak but he's got good awareness which means he usually hits the open guy.

Personally I am dissapointed that I am benched in the play offs. Damn man, don't you remember that game when I tore off Brad Johnson's arm on a blitz?

Your time will come! You started the whole season and had a great rookie year! RANDALL GODFREY gets the start now but this will be his final season with the team and next year, you da man!