What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

HFS...

I can't call because I'm at work, but according to a thread on SFN, you can call the Sourshoes Hotline at 845-661-3346, and when he feels in the mood (seems to be within 1-3 days) Sourshoes will call you back himself.

The thread goes back to last fall, and there were some people who said he called and did a free show on speakerphone for Hallowe'en and Christmas parties...he does all the voices...sometimes had real conversations as himself.

I think this guy is funny as ####, and I'm definitely going to call when I get home...hopefully he leaves me a voice message like he did for a lot of other people.

Also on http://www.sourshoes.biz/ you can buy an Adult coloring book (no joke) for I think $5 + $2 shipping...or book and CD for $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Artie is ready to come on the show and talk about what happened....wow.

And then Robin and Fred have to pour cold water on it with the "are you sure thats a good idea?" bull####

C'MON.....WE WANT ARTIE!!

So Artie is ready to come on the show and talk about what happened....wow.And then Robin and Fred have to pour cold water on it with the "are you sure thats a good idea?" bull####C'MON.....WE WANT ARTIE!!
If Artie really wants to come in, there's no way he wouldn't be allowed no matter what Robin and Fred say.

Could Howard use this as a negotiation tactic?

"If Sirius brings me back.....in January....the return of ARTIE!"

Could Howard use this as a negotiation tactic?"If Sirius brings me back.....in January....the return of ARTIE!"
I'm tired of the schtick, I don't think they want us back ,we'll go to another medium, without us Sirius will die.Robin let me tell you about SIM cards....There is no negotiations, we're gone in 2 months.Blah blah blah.Everyday it's the same 30 minutes

JerseyToughGuys said:
The russian bit was pretty good today. breath of fresh air.
That second chick was the most annoying broad I've ever heard. Now I know why The Greek didn't care much about those 13 girls in the can.

So during the Benjy rant this morning, when Howard was talking about Evan the Engineer, he said

'Whe...IF we leave here, I am definitely taking you with me!' or something along those lines.

He definitely started to say when and switched it to if.

FWIW. :unsure:

So during the Benjy rant this morning, when Howard was talking about Evan the Engineer, he said 'Whe...IF we leave here, I am definitely taking you with me!' or something along those lines. He definitely started to say when and switched it to if. FWIW. :popcorn:
He is just posturing for his next contract with Sirius. he does this EVERY 5 years (obviously previously with terrestial). Gets annoying

So during the Benjy rant this morning, when Howard was talking about Evan the Engineer, he said 'Whe...IF we leave here, I am definitely taking you with me!' or something along those lines. He definitely started to say when and switched it to if. FWIW. :popcorn:
He is just posturing for his next contract with Sirius. he does this EVERY 5 years (obviously previously with terrestial). Gets annoying
I f**king hate when his contract is running out. The exact same BS every single time. Keep your posturing off the air. Doesn't Howard realize that most of his fans have been fans for ten, fifteen, or twenty years? He could practically just play a recording from the last 'negotiation' period.

Agreed, but that sounded like a very unintentional slip. There was no mention of it, and he instantly corrected himself. He has also been refusing to comment to callers and anyone who questions what's happening with his contract. So really, he has NOT been posturing (recently). If he were trying to negotiate, as in the past, he would make comments to callers and discuss his issues on the air. And all that has come to a stop.

He was in true form yesterday regarding his contract. A listener called in to quote a Business Week article (here). Howard sarcastically agreed, then slammed everyone at Sirius with his usual no one is close to me. He only mentioned the NFL as able to bring millions of subscribers.

The plot continues to thicken.

The contract negotiations have been old for the last 4 contracts now. But I can understand that if Sirius is not giving him a piece of the action, then I wouldn't let my show be on their app either. So I bet they aren't giving him a taste of that $2.99 and he is therefore saying no to it. The deal he wants is same money and less work. He wants to cut to a 3 day workweek and I find his argument very weak. I found it funny that he was talking about that top 40 DJ all week and that DJ life with 20 stations in 40 years in the business and how much of a pro DJ the guy sounded, then tries to rationalize that a 3 day work week for him makes sense.

Smell the coffee Howard. No one has a 3 day work week. If you can pull it off, good for you, but unless you are going back to regular radio, you have hit the negotiating wall here and you might soon have a lot of time available to wallpaper it with all your useless Sirius stock.

The tags on the Gary book are worth looking at. You know he was expecting it and you have to have a thick skin after working for "Boff" for over 20 years, but Howard trashing his book and saying things like who would want to read it have got to be tearing him up, especially after watching the guy sling and shill products for everyone and everything over the years.

The contract negotiations have been old for the last 4 contracts now. But I can understand that if Sirius is not giving him a piece of the action, then I wouldn't let my show be on their app either. So I bet they aren't giving him a taste of that $2.99 and he is therefore saying no to it. The deal he wants is same money and less work. He wants to cut to a 3 day workweek and I find his argument very weak. I found it funny that he was talking about that top 40 DJ all week and that DJ life with 20 stations in 40 years in the business and how much of a pro DJ the guy sounded, then tries to rationalize that a 3 day work week for him makes sense.

Smell the coffee Howard. No one has a 3 day work week. If you can pull it off, good for you, but unless you are going back to regular radio, you have hit the negotiating wall here and you might soon have a lot of time available to wallpaper it with all your useless Sirius stock.
I'm pretty sure he sold all his stock right after he signed the deal. This was talked about before and somebody posted a link. 300+ million he got for his shares of stock.

He told Mark McGrath today that he was thinking of getting a tatoo with the number "35" to celebrate his 35 years in radio.

This kind of makes me think he won't re-sign. Why wouldn't he wait until 40 years to get a celebration tatoo? What's so special about 35 years, unless it's his last?

I'm pretty sure he sold all his stock right after he signed the deal. This was talked about before and somebody posted a link. 300+ million he got for his shares of stock.
I thought he sold half right away, but was somehow either legally prohibited or contractually obligated to keep the other half.

He told Mark McGrath today that he was thinking of getting a tatoo with the number "35" to celebrate his 35 years in radio.This kind of makes me think he won't re-sign. Why wouldn't he wait until 40 years to get a celebration tatoo? What's so special about 35 years, unless it's his last?
interesting observation

I will hazard a guess:

If he resigns and the hours don't change, he will be divorced in a year or two. Going to bed early when your hot wife is out on the town has gotta be pure torture.

JerseyToughGuys said:
He told Mark McGrath today that he was thinking of getting a tatoo with the number "35" to celebrate his 35 years in radio.This kind of makes me think he won't re-sign. Why wouldn't he wait until 40 years to get a celebration tatoo? What's so special about 35 years, unless it's his last?
interesting observation
He is very bright and will find little digs to throw in like that and he does it knowingly. Dr Howie the psychiatrist is very good at subtle things like that, so I might not read too much into it.

Probably won't be a popular opinion in this thread, but I think he should indeed just end it. The show is currently a shell of what it once was. Hell, I'd be just as happy if Sal and Richard got their own show.

Probably won't be a popular opinion in this thread, but I think he should indeed just end it. The show is currently a shell of what it once was. Hell, I'd be just as happy if Sal and Richard got their own show.
Seriously? So you can hear 4 hours of those silly prank phone calls? At least the Wrap Up Show is interesting. Certainly better than Sal/Richard.

The contract negotiations have been old for the last 4 contracts now. But I can understand that if Sirius is not giving him a piece of the action, then I wouldn't let my show be on their app either. So I bet they aren't giving him a taste of that $2.99 and he is therefore saying no to it. The deal he wants is same money and less work. He wants to cut to a 3 day workweek and I find his argument very weak. I found it funny that he was talking about that top 40 DJ all week and that DJ life with 20 stations in 40 years in the business and how much of a pro DJ the guy sounded, then tries to rationalize that a 3 day work week for him makes sense. Smell the coffee Howard. No one has a 3 day work week. If you can pull it off, good for you, but unless you are going back to regular radio, you have hit the negotiating wall here and you might soon have a lot of time available to wallpaper it with all your useless Sirius stock.
I think that Gary made the right point on TWUS, though, which is that it only matters how many subscribers he keeps/brings in. If 3 days a week prevents subscription losses, then why shouldn't Sirius do it?And he's made the point about how difficult the radio business is and how lucky he's been a million times.

You can really tell the bookings have completely dried up. The little lupe thing fell through, yet they still put her on because they can't fill the spot. that was horrible.

I really think solid celebrity bookings were a staple. They were hit or miss, but helped out the whole "format" considerably as filler, ect.

I'd go out on a limb and say that getting dumped by (or dumping) E was the biggest mistake he made.

Artie Lange Back to Doing Stand-up

* 9/28/10 at 10:10 AM

Howard Stern’s sidekick Artie Lange did two surprise stand-up gigs at L.A.’s Comedy Cellar over the weekend. They were his first appearances since his very grisly suicide attempt last January. Lange, who received a standing ovation, didn’t directly reference the incident, but did make some jokes about being in a psych ward for the past eight months, as well as quitting heroin: “About a year ago, was going through withdrawal from heroin, and [my] agent came up with the great idea. ‘Hey! You should start Twittering!’” Now that is a TV show. [Page Six/NYP]

Artie Lange back to doing standup

You can really tell the bookings have completely dried up. The little lupe thing fell through, yet they still put her on because they can't fill the spot. that was horrible.

I really think solid celebrity bookings were a staple. They were hit or miss, but helped out the whole "format" considerably as filler, ect.

I'd go out on a limb and say that getting dumped by (or dumping) E was the biggest mistake he made.
i agree - the celebrity books have REALLY REALLY dried up.

I'm tired of Little Lupe. It was fun the first time, ok the 2nd time, and now just annoying the 3rd - especially sitting there and interviewing her fiance for another 25 minutes.

I'd rather hear phony phone calls and bits that JD pulls from television.

the news, which used to be fun is now almost an afterthought. i wasn't a big fan of the news, but would be in hysterics everytime Howard and Artie would get off on a 20 minute tangent based on a news topic (especially the Ted Kennedy stuff).

That almost never happens anymore. Howard rushes right through it, Fred barely plays any sound clips anymore and you can tell he is rushing to get out of there faster than ever.

Been a stern fan for about 18 years now and the show is just a shell of what it used to be. He can't wait to get out of there every single day. When he first started Sirius he talked about working Fridays, then he said "I will occasionally take a Friday off", then he stopped working Fridays altogether and put on the Friday Show. Friday show took too much production so that turned into Master Tape theater - which was unlistenable to me, then it became Best of The Week which is fine if you missed a day, but really just dead weight.

He had all these programming ideas for both channels. Now we have Bubba's friggin terrestrial radio broadcast and Ferrall at night - Riley martin's show which is absolutely terrible.

and now he's talking about, if he re-news, it will be for a 3 day work week. just end it now.

the show just isn't any fun anymore. there's no more bits with football picks, very few staff fights, contests, etc. I miss them screwing with Eric the Midget for a good 45 minutes, I miss Elegant Eliot Offen almost starting a riot every time he's in the studio. There's no more Crazy Alice. it seems he doesn't even play Richard and Sal as much - the only thing they do now is the Tradio crap and it's really getting old. He just rushes through the show - there's no more concern about what his audience wants....and don't even get me started on the "games" he plays with callers. 20 minutes of absolute unlistenable crap everytime he plays a call-in game with a phone caller. the Bigfoot spelling game, the miss howard stern game, the Howard Or...game......who gives a ####?

/rant over

BTW: Can anyone find me the phony phone call with George Takei calling a public access show and it starts off with him saying "You know...gay teenagers..." something like that. All I remember is him laughing afterwards really loudly and it cracks me up every time.

BTW: Can anyone find me the phony phone call with George Takei calling a public access show and it starts off with him saying "You know...gay teenagers..." something like that. All I remember is him laughing afterwards really loudly and it cracks me up every time.
that might be from Kid Chris. He was the one who started with the Takei stuff IIRC.

Artie Lange Back to Doing Stand-up

* 9/28/10 at 10:10 AM

Howard Stern’s sidekick Artie Lange did two surprise stand-up gigs at L.A.’s Comedy Cellar over the weekend. They were his first appearances since his very grisly suicide attempt last January. Lange, who received a standing ovation, didn’t directly reference the incident, but did make some jokes about being in a psych ward for the past eight months, as well as quitting heroin: “About a year ago, was going through withdrawal from heroin, and [my] agent came up with the great idea. ‘Hey! You should start Twittering!’” Now that is a TV show. [Page Six/NYP]

Artie Lange back to doing standup
Good to see Artie back - How do they not have him on the show to at least interview? Rumor is that he was fired before the attempt so maybe thats what they're scared of....

Recently they have had Jerry Seinfeld, Robert Downey Jr., Ashton Kutcher, David Arquette, jon favreau, tracy morgan, the dudes from Maroon 5, Will Arnett, Robert Duvall and thats just few off of the top of my head. Who would you like to see on the show that would actually come on?

Recently they have had Jerry Seinfeld, Robert Downey Jr., Ashton Kutcher, David Arquette, jon favreau, tracy morgan, the dudes from Maroon 5, Will Arnett, Robert Duvall and thats just few off of the top of my head. Who would you like to see on the show that would actually come on?
for me its more who they keep bringing on - enough joan rivers and 3rd raters every month!

Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?

"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."

Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic.

:rolleyes:

It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic. :lmao: It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.
wow - didnt hear it yet but thought it would be a good hour or so....guess after all the dead friends of the show hes getting even colder...the Kinison tribute show was one of the best ever!

The Peacock years on Monday should show how different the show is now. But I would come to expect that after everyone has had 20+ years to mature

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic. :hot: It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.
wow - didnt hear it yet but thought it would be a good hour or so....guess after all the dead friends of the show hes getting even colder...the Kinison tribute show was one of the best ever!
Do you really think that Greg Giraldo was that big a part of the show? It's not like Schimmel who Howard had a personal/professional relationship with for a long time. Howard was clearly broken up about that whole thing and did over an hour straight on it, plus parts of the rest of the show.And Kinison was one of the biggest figures in comedy and had so many memorable appearances on the show.What exactly were you expecting him to say. I don't think that Howard really knew him much.

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic. :popcorn: It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.
Do you really think that Greg Giraldo was that big a part of the show? It's not like Schimmel who Howard had a personal/professional relationship with for a long time. Howard was clearly broken up about that whole thing and did over an hour straight on it, plus parts of the rest of the show.And Kinison was one of the biggest figures in comedy and had so many memorable appearances on the show.What exactly were you expecting him to say. I don't think that Howard really knew him much.
:lmao: Greg was just another comedian that came on the show maybe a couple of times. The only time I recall him being on were for the roasts.

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic. :thumbdown: It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.
You are probably right shouldnt compare to Kinison and Schimmel - but I figured the guy came in many times for free to do the roasts and other stuff - he was one of the most talented comics out there and to only do a few minutes on it is strange to me...especially when the show drags so much...they could have talked about it, played clips from not just the booey roast but a few comedy central roasts - would have been much better use of time IMO - Girlado was hysterical....

Raider Nation said:
Am I the only one who was supremely disappointed by Howard's monologue today regarding Greg's death?"Well.... [sigh] ... Greg Giraldo died. He's been on our show a few times. Funny guy."Then they played a clip of his five minutes at the Baba Booey roast then basically changed the topic. :thumbdown: It was as if some bum who begs for change in front of the Sirius building died.
You are probably right shouldnt compare to Kinison and Schimmel - but I figured the guy came in many times for free to do the roasts and other stuff - he was one of the most talented comics out there and to only do a few minutes on it is strange to me...especially when the show drags so much...they could have talked about it, played clips from not just the booey roast but a few comedy central roasts - would have been much better use of time IMO - Girlado was hysterical....
POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GASPOISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GASPOISON GAS POISON GAS Greg Giraldo died GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GASPOISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GASPOISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GASPOISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS POISON GAS

Users who are viewing this thread