Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Crock pot / Slow cooker recipes

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No   Well, cut flank in half.  In crock add 1c beef broth, .5c soy sauce, .5c brown sugar, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, 1 tbsp. garlic, 1 tbsp. rice vinegar.  dash of ginger, onion powder, sriracha o

Did this today.  I had a 7 lb. shoulder so tripled the ingredients.  It was awesome, but maybe too much rosemary.  I don't really measure ingredients so maybe I used too much.  Also added hot peppers.

Did the mild version this weekend and served over mashed potatoes. My son did an actual happy dance when he tried it and proclaimed it his new favorite thing I have cooked.  

2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I haven’t. We only make them as party food/snacks

How many ounces of meatballs are you using?  I might need to pickup another bag.  :oldunsure: 

Trying this out this afternoon for the purposes of it being a party snack like you said.

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Not sure 

The bag I made yesterday had 96 meatballs 

No worries.  I didn't count.  The bag I picked up was 26 oz.  Someone else linked a 32 oz. bag.  Doubt it matters.  The recipe online says it's flexible.  :shrug:   It sure looks like something in the crock pot.  :oldunsure: 

5 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

No worries.  I didn't count.  The bag I picked up was 26 oz.  Someone else linked a 32 oz. bag.  Doubt it matters.  The recipe online says it's flexible.  :shrug:   It sure looks like something in the crock pot.  :oldunsure: 

The jelly will melt in lol

I think I posted it here before but I’m not sure. I stir the jelly n chili sauce together in a pot on the stove until the jelly is melted in then add to crock with meatballs. Not sure it matters 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The jelly will melt in lol

I think I posted it here before but I’m not sure. I stir the jelly n chili sauce together in a pot on the stove until the jelly is melted in then add to crock with meatballs. Not sure it matters 

This is what we do too.

19 hours ago, =Smackdown= said:

Thx for sharing. Giving this a shot today for football Sunday.

Will report back

Big hit with family & friends yesterday for a football Sunday - every last meatball gone.

Might be the easiest thing to make ever.

Kids loved them.

Thanks again for sharing.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, JoeSteeler said:

For those that need it

32 oz jar grape jelly

2 normal size jars of chili sauce

Big bag of frozen mini meatballs

2-3 hours on low 

try it if you haven’t yet

Something like this is what you use for chili sauce? https://www.heinz.com/product/00013000001120

I do something similar but quarter an onion and add it.  The onion falls apart as you stir and tastes great.  

• Like 1
On 3/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, Jutz said:

When I use the slow cooker it normally comes out a bit bland.  It’s difficult to get the seasoning and flavor right.  I made slow cooker pulled chicken this weekend and it was the best I’ve made to date.  I’m not going to say it was amazing but I will say I liked it better than anything else I’ve done in the slow cooker so far.  Here is what I did…

6 boneless chicken breasts (approx. 4.5 lbs.)

Trim the fat off the breasts and sprinkle Season All on them

Add to slow cooker:  ¾ cup of water + ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar + few drops of Worcestershire + few drops of extra virgin olive oil + chicken and cook on low approximately 7-8 hours

After cooking I shredded the chicken with 2 forks and left it in the liquid it was cooked in.  Then I added a full bottle of Woodstock Organic Hickory BBQ sauce.  If I did it again I would probably use a little less water (probably ½ cup).

Normally when I make pulled pork or pulled chicken I drain the liquid it was cooked in before I shred it.  This time I left it in the liquid.  This obviously made it a lot wetter, but I feel like that added to the overall flavor.  Also, with the extra liquid, even though I added a lot of BBQ sauce, the BBQ it didn’t overpower the flavor.  I don’t know exactly what made it better this time, I just know I liked it a lot.

Made this today and it came out great. 

• Thanks 1

Have't read through the thread to see if this was mentioned ... but a lot of people do the "Grape Jelly Meatballs" with grape jelly and yellow mustard. Unsure on quantities ... but those two ingredients combine to create something a lot like barbecue sauce with a flavor profile that shades towards vinegar.