What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ANARCHY LEAGUE 1 (2 Viewers)

I frankly think that you are better off cementing your RN lineup and trying to pick up serviceable WRs later. If I made any mistake at all, I did reach a little at QB, but I was travelling at the time and couldn't really analyze the draft the way I would have liked.

Seems like I always have a weakness at WR, but then I always seem to get into the playoffs anyway. We'll see how it works here.

Having to pre-draft for 4 rounds out really sucks. However, I'm OK with the guys I got. Not sure why I put Arnez Battle on my pre-draft list.

Bears QB: please, please, please let Griese start. Grossman sucks.

I'm also now 2 for 2 drafting Portis. Not panicked, but not happy.

Having to pre-draft for 4 rounds out really sucks. However, I'm OK with the guys I got. Not sure why I put Arnez Battle on my pre-draft list.
I actually wanted Arnaz Battle... :mellow: I'm gonna hafta predraft come Thursday...so we'll see how that goes...off to Vegas for another draft. Bass? Yudkin? You guys ready for round two? :excited:

That was a real ugly run on kickers. I thought I'd be able to pick up no worse than Seabass with 14.13, but now there's nothing left but dregs.

1.01 1 BassNBrew Johnson, Larry KCC RB 2.16 32 BassNBrew Droughns, Reuben CLE RB 3.01 33 BassNBrew Taylor, Chester MIN RB Mon 4.16 64 BassNBrew Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR 5.01 65 BassNBrew Walker, Javon DEN WR 6.16 96 BassNBrew Broncos, Denver DEN 7.01 97 BassNBrew Clark, Dallas IND TE8.16 128 BassNBrew Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR 9.01 129 BassNBrew Stokley, Brandon IND WR 10.16 160 BassNBrew Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 11.01 161 BassNBrew Caldwell, Reche NEP WR 12.16 192 BassNBrew Elam, Jason DEN PK 13.01 193 BassNBrew Pollard, Marcus DET TE 14.16 224 BassNBrew Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def 15.01 225 BassNBrew Chargers, San Diego SDC Def
Wow this plan came together (unlike MBSL1). Still haven't made a wasted pick. Need one of 3 QBs left...absolutely love seeing them sitting there safe while I'm scooping up value elsewhere. Need one RB which will be a prayer/weekly donut and one WR that should contribute on occasion. Some of you better be getting a boatload of points from your top end guys to compete with this crew.

Not that it matters at all, but I thought it was funny when Carlton took Lindell, who he has ranked #30, ahead of Hall (#22) and Brown, who he actually has ranked at #14.

Not that it matters at all, but I thought it was funny when Carlton took Lindell, who he has ranked #30, ahead of Hall (#22) and Brown, who he actually has ranked at #14.
You're forgetting the format and playoff points Sonny. Buffalo kicker will be money!!!
:D I would have mentioned that had it been Rudicki. Oh man, I wish it had been Rudicki.Nice call on that ####### kicker frenzy, btw.

You're forgetting the format and playoff points Sonny. Buffalo kicker will be money!!!
:D I would have mentioned that had it been Rudicki. Oh man, I wish it had been Rudicki.Nice call on that ####### kicker frenzy, btw.
Nice being able to sit at the turn and dictate the flow of the draft. Sometimes you can pull it off, other times you end up with an abortion of a team. This is my 5th 16 team league and I'm thrilled with the results in 4 of the 5. We won't talk about the 5th. :yucky:

Am I missing something here? BostonFred had a replacement pick of TE-Pope put in for him for his 16th round pick.

Apparently, he did not like that picked and was allowed to change it to the Buffalo Defense - which was still available.

Doesn't that create a problem though b/c if anyone after his pick wanted TE-Pope, they figured he was off the board and taken by a team? Now all of a sudden he is available to guys much later. I know this is only Pope we're talking about - but just seems wrong.

My two cents.

Feel very fortunate that Musa Smith was still on the board. Not sure about this Baskett kid, but worth the shot here.

Buffalo team QB just went so my last pick will the leftover of Cleveland or the Jets. Actually Buffalo was the lowest on my board so someone just put a little more value on my team.

Hear-the-Footsteps said:
Am I missing something here? BostonFred had a replacement pick of TE-Pope put in for him for his 16th round pick.Apparently, he did not like that picked and was allowed to change it to the Buffalo Defense - which was still available.Doesn't that create a problem though b/c if anyone after his pick wanted TE-Pope, they figured he was off the board and taken by a team? Now all of a sudden he is available to guys much later. I know this is only Pope we're talking about - but just seems wrong.My two cents.
I agree, especially with all the predrafting and roster requirements.

Fred had predrafted a llist of several options some time ago and the highest player left on his list was Pope. Problem is, he already filled his flex spot and Pope was his third TE (which is a no-no). So he had to go back as you can't have two flex players.

I didn't catch it at first and Fred emailed after spotting it that he needed a defense instead. If someone AFTER Fred really wants Pope instead of who they picked let me know and we can swap him out. If more than one owner wants him, the closest to Fred's pick will get him.

However, 250 picks into the draft I'm really wondering how much difference it will make, but I'll do it if someone wants him.

Hear-the-Footsteps said:
Am I missing something here? BostonFred had a replacement pick of TE-Pope put in for him for his 16th round pick.Apparently, he did not like that picked and was allowed to change it to the Buffalo Defense - which was still available.Doesn't that create a problem though b/c if anyone after his pick wanted TE-Pope, they figured he was off the board and taken by a team? Now all of a sudden he is available to guys much later. I know this is only Pope we're talking about - but just seems wrong.My two cents.
Suicidal bats dive-bombing your girlfriend changes a man......and his 16th round pick.

Fred had predrafted a llist of several options some time ago and the highest player left on his list was Pope. Problem is, he already filled his flex spot and Pope was his third TE (which is a no-no). So he had to go back as you can't have two flex players.I didn't catch it at first and Fred emailed after spotting it that he needed a defense instead. If someone AFTER Fred really wants Pope instead of who they picked let me know and we can swap him out. If more than one owner wants him, the closest to Fred's pick will get him.However, 250 picks into the draft I'm really wondering how much difference it will make, but I'll do it if someone wants him.
Fair enough.

David,

Please manually add Michael Koenen (PK Atlanta) as my 17th round pick -- he doesn't show up on the player list. thanks.

dm

I liked my squad last year a bit more. I think this league's outcome will be very much determined by playoff action and that little twist significantly altered my rankings. I'll need my WR scoring to help pick up the slack for subpar kicking and defense. I'll also need my QBs to surpass expectations.

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB - 4 Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB - 6
Okay, but not great. It was my gameplan to nab NFC team QBs that I thought were sleeper candidates in terms of both ff points and playoff potential. I really think both teams have a decent chance at the playoffs.
Houston, Cedric NYJ RB - 9 Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 3 Pittman, Michael TBB RB - 4 Rhodes, Dominic IND RB - 6
The weakest part of my squad. With no ppr and a start 6 WR format this is what I expected to see from my RB crew. Very pleased with this group considering where I drafted them. Houston is a boom/bust type pick and I think Rhodes could pay some bid dividends come playoff time. Houston and Rhodes are the keys here.
Bradford, Corey DET WR - 8 Evans, Lee BUF WR - 8 Harrison, Marvin IND WR - 6 Moss, Santana WAS WR - 8 Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR - 7 Northcutt, Dennis CLE WR - 6
The strength of my team, I was stoked to get Harrison, Muhammad and Moss at the top as I believe all three have an excellent chance to go deep into the playoffs and rack up some big time points. The Northcutt and Bradford picks late really brought this group together for me as I have both slated for 50+ receptions.
Klopfenstein, Joe STL TE - 7 Smith, L.J. PHI TE - 9
Was stoked to get both of these guys where I did, especially Klopfenstein who I think can grab 50 this year assuming he's utilized in the same manner McMichael was last year for Linehan. Not much playoff potential here so even though I have both of these players ranked as value right now, my TE scoring could end up fairly mediocre as I lose ground in the playoffs.
Nedney, Joe SFO PK - 7 Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 6
The kicker run was kind of bizarre and caught me off guard. I'm going to lose points here unfortunately unless the Jags go deep into the playoffs.
Patriots, New England NEP Def - 6 Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7
Subpar unless the Patriots return to old form which doesn't look to likely with Bruschi ailing. Titans are one of my sleeper defenses so we'll see.=================================================================Overall I'd give this squad a B-. Without looking at the other squads I think you'll see this team finish in the 3-8 range...there's probably at least a few better squads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB - 4

Jets, NY NYJ TMQB

Denver QB as the 12th off the board at pick 6.12 may have been the best QB pick of the group. Denver is my favorite in the AFC and I expect them to go deep into the playoffs. The Jets as the last pick of the draft represents huge value. To many OK weapons and to much NFL QB experience to finish in the basement at this position.

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB - 6

Johnson, Larry KCC RB - 3

Smith, Musa BAL RB - 7

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 6

16 team league and I locked up 3 NFL starting RBs. Add to that Smith who's looked good in training camp and I'll be at the top of the leaderboard barring significant injuries.

Baskett, Hank PHI WR - 9

Caldwell, Reche NEP WR - 6

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR - 5

Stokley, Brandon IND WR - 6

Walker, Javon DEN WR - 4

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR - 4

This position is where I shifted towards trying to capture playoff starts. I've Baskett breaks into the starting lineup in Philly, I should see some points posted weekly from each of these guys.

Clark, Dallas IND TE - 6

Pollard, Marcus DET TE - 8

Went Clark expecting Indy to be a playoff team. Pollard finished in the mid-teens last year on an absmyl team, if he can duplicate that effort I've be in the upper 50% of the league in TE scoring.

Elam, Jason DEN PK - 4

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK - 6

Best placekicker duo in the league which was an attempt to start a run that worked. Vinatieri injury is concerning though.

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 3

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def - 3

Both will outperform expectations this year. I expect one of them to make it into the playoffs, not sure which one though.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the team I assembled. I read the flow of this draft perfectly and value fell to me. Injuries will be a key factor in this league, but barring a diaster I'll finish in the top half and should be one of several title contenders.

Team QB:

Det

Clev

I don't think QBs are very valuable in this league and waited on them. I did the same thing last year and it turned out pretty well. I did however target the Det QB pretty stongly. Martz + great weapons + wide open divison (outside Chi) was just what I was looking for at QB. Clev.... eh.

RB:

Westy

Bell

White

Staley

I wanted playoff RBs mainly and I think thats what I got with Westy, Bell and Staley. RBs are not nearly as valuable in this format as in most others, so even thought the RBs are lack luster on paper, I'm very pleased with my group.

WR:

R.Moss

Bryant

Jenkins

Engram

Washington

Lelie

At 1st I went for boom or bust WRs like Moss and Bryant. If they have the kind of years I hope for, this team will be tough to beat. After that, it was about value on teams I thought would be in the playoffs. Lelie is really just a gamble who could make or break the group.

TE:

Cooley

Winslow

I wanted 2 top flight TEs and thats what I got. Cooley is not only a top 5 TE IMO, but on a team in which I expect to play in the NFCC or SB this year. Winslow is just a freak of a talent (even though I can't stand the guy) and will get TONS of looks this year with Frye at the helm.

K:

Kasey

Brown

What do you really want to hear, they are kickers?

D:

Wash

Philly

Went again for talented Ds that are playoff bound. I think I got 2 of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are team projections using the following data points:

- Dodds regular season projections as of yesterday

- No projections at all added for post season stats

- Defensive totals from last year regular season only

- PK scoring without distance bonuses added (ie projected points scored only)

Yudkin 3016

Bass 2887

A-Rud 2876

Footsteps 2849

SLBD 2842

Dickey 2804

LHUCKS 2782

bueno 2763

Purple 2723

Unlucky 2709

Woodrow 2690

Gray 2677

jurb 2654

Twilight 2648

Gator 2486

Fred 2466

Have no fear, as at this point this is guesswork and no games have been played.

Here are team projections using the following data points:- Dodds regular season projections as of yesterday- No projections at all added for post season stats- Defensive totals from last year regular season only- PK scoring without distance bonuses added (ie projected points scored only)Yudkin 3016Bass 2887A-Rud 2876Footsteps 2849SLBD 2842Dickey 2804LHUCKS 2782bueno 2763Purple 2723Unlucky 2709Woodrow 2690Gray 2677jurb 2654Twilight 2648Gator 2486Fred 2466Have no fear, as at this point this is guesswork and no games have been played.
David do league 2. :D

Unlike last year when I wrapped this up in week 16 roughly, I expect that the winner will be up in the air until at least week 2 of the playoffs. Doubling playoff scoring was a big deal according to my analysis.

Unlike last year when I wrapped this up in week 16 roughly, I expect that the winner will be up in the air until at least week 2 of the playoffs. Doubling playoff scoring was a big deal according to my analysis.
The rules are the same as last year. There were several options up for debate (double playoff points amoung them), but ultimatley everything stayed the same.

The rules are the same as last year. There were several options up for debate (double playoff points amoung them), but ultimatley everything stayed the same.
:wall: ...for some reason I thought the playoff points were doubled...that sucks. That's what I get for drafting in four drafts simultaneously.

I don't like my team so much now.

Here are team projections using the following data points:- Dodds regular season projections as of yesterday- No projections at all added for post season stats- Defensive totals from last year regular season only- PK scoring without distance bonuses added (ie projected points scored only)Yudkin 3016Bass 2887A-Rud 2876Footsteps 2849SLBD 2842Dickey 2804LHUCKS 2782bueno 2763Purple 2723Unlucky 2709Woodrow 2690Gray 2677jurb 2654Twilight 2648Gator 2486Fred 2466Have no fear, as at this point this is guesswork and no games have been played.
Wow. Pretty big gap for Yudkin there. And even bigger for Gator and Fred. I'm happy (except for Jerramy Stevens). :football:

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
Wow. Pretty big gap for Yudkin there. And even bigger for Gator and Fred. I'm happy (except for Jerramy Stevens). :football:
David.League 2 orphans?Please do our league too.

:wall: ...for some reason I thought the playoff points were doubled...that sucks. That's what I get for drafting in four drafts simultaneously.

I don't like my team so much now.
:lmao:

My timeout replacement picks of guys like Ron Dayne and Curtis Martin might be dragging me down a bit here, so I'm not really surprised to see myself at the bottom. I am a little surprised to see Gatorman so close to me, though, considering he picked his whole team. Hi Steve.

Yeah, Fred's replacement picks seem pretty brutal about now, but at the time Dayne still was in the mix and Martin looked like a safe bet to be coming back. A lot can change in a month.

If it makes you feel better, I own DDavis in more leagues than I can count, so I feel your pain.

Roster:

Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB - 3

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB - 6

Bell, Mike DEN RB - 4

Brown, Chris TEN RB - 7

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB - 9

Morency, Vernand HOU RB - 5

Perry, Chris CIN RB - 5

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 3

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 9

Gabriel, Doug NEP WR (P) - 6

Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 3

Williams, Reggie JAC WR - 6

Smith, Alex TBB TE - 4

Watson, Ben NEP TE - 6

Feely, Jay NYG PK - 4

Koenen, Michael ATL PK - 5

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def - 6

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def - 6

My biased analysis:

QB -- Although I probably had one of the worst draft positions, and all of the top tier RBs had already been drafted, I'm happy the Indy QBs fell to me here. Very confident they'll end up as the top scoring QBs at the end of the season. SD Team QBs is a crapshoot, but should do ok with Gates in the mix and an otherwise solid receiving corps.

RB -- I delayed drafting RBs until the 3rd or 4th round, but I'm psyched how things have played out. I think Foster is in for a monster year, Mike Bell and Chris Brown are starters until we see otherwise, and Morency may have a chance to start before the season's over. Chris Perry looks like he might be a busted pick, however.

WR -- May end up being pretty weak here, but some things have worked out in my favor. Fitz is a solid #1, and after him there's a big drop-off. The Gabriel trade should help here, and hopefully Porter will get his act together to line up on the other side from Moss. R. Williams and Crayton are sleeper picks, and could be boom or bust.

TE -- Got Watson late and I'm loving it. Smith in TB is a wild-card.

PK -- Feely will probably end up in the Top 3 scoring kickers, and Koenen was snagged right when he was named the starting kicker -- I think he'll end up producing well.

Def -- always a toss-up. Jacksonville has a pretty good D and hopefully will make the playoffs. Minnesota Defense will probably outperform their ADP, and may be a dark horse to make the playoffs (especially playing in that division).

My draft grade: B-/B

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB

People seemed to shy away from CIN some with the ??? surrounding Palmer. If the Bengals make it to the playoffs again, this should be a steal as the 73rd pick. The Jags are threatening to open up the offense this year and while they may miss Jimmy Smith early, they are set to do well later in the season. Another team with playoff aspirations (albeit as a wildcard I think) could result in a few extra points if they make it.

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Henry, Travis TEN RB

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB

Smith, Antowain FA RB

Clearly I punted RB as it is the lowest scoring position and once the starters were gone it seemed foolish in my book to burn picks on backups when there were still great starters on the board elsewhere. Smith got cut but could latch on somewhere once someone gets hurt. The past two years he found himself playing a fair amount by the end of the year. I am not giving up that he will be shutout in fantasy scoring this season. Who knows what's up with Henry. Could be traded one week, could start the next, could be a total backup. The verdict is still out. Norwood got a boost when Duckett left town. He should see at least a backups amount of playing time and if Dunn got hurt would be the logical replacement. Faulk will again be the third down back and might get 500 combined yards especially with Branch out.

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Glenn, Terry DAL WR

Jurevicius, Joe CLE WR

Owens, Terrell DAL WR

Smith, Rod DEN WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

Edwards looks healthier than at draft time. Cleveland has hinted at opening up the offense some and inserting some new plays. I don't see Edwards/Jurevicius as Harrison/Wayne, but as a mid round combo they should still be ok. I think the Owens/Glenn pairing could be huge, as both could be Top 15 WR especially with post season added in. Both certainly have had mercurial pasts, so there is A LOT of risk in these two. Ward is banged up to start the year but he seems destined for the Top 20 with post-season totals a real possibility. Ditto Rod Smith. With 4 WR with serious potential and the Cleveland pair, this is clearly my bread and butter position. Good enough to make up for terrible RB scoring? We'll see . . .

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Wiggins, Jermaine MIN TE

Gates is a stud in this format even if he does slip some. Wiggins may split time and not get the number of receptions as in the past couple years, but he should still get 50 receptions.

Akers, David PHI PK

Hall, John WAS PK

Akers has been money in other years. The Skins should be improved offensively and Hall should at least be average. Both are injury recovery risks.

Broncos, Denver DEN Def

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

CAR could be the top defense and DEN is almost always Top 10. Both are primed for playoff runs and many are slotting the Panthers all the way to the Super Bowl.

Overall, there are a dozen players that IMO have a decent shot at tacking on some post season production. While that didn't matter much in last year's outcome, that doesn't mean it won't matter this year.

Unless my math is wrong, using the latest FBG projections (coupled with last year's defensive totals), my team's projected total is over 3,000 points (3,058 to be exact) not adding in anything for the post season.

Certainly they still need to play the games and stay healthy, but I'm pretty stoked heading into the regular season.

Users who are viewing this thread