What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wire (2 Viewers)

If it leaks out online before next Sunday, my lips will be zipped.

And since I'm on the West Coast, there is no way I'm even coming near this thread until I've seen the episode.

Red Apples said:
this whole on-demand really kind of sucks for forums doesnt?it really was a lot better when we all could talk about an episode after it aired instead of having to zoom past spoilers.
:goodposting: Yeah. It's kind of killed the thread for me since I don't have on demand and I'm paranoid of seeing a some sort of spoiler.
:goodposting: This thread officially sucks.
As someone with On Demand, I propose that those of us who watch the final episode early refrain from any posting in this thread about the series finale until the episode runs on March 9. This is the final episode of, what I consider to be, the best TV drama ever, and I believe this thread deserves a proper send off. The conversation will be far better if we can all agree to wait. What do you say, ON Demanders? Out of respect for The Wire and this thread, is this something we can agree upon? I know it will be hard, but I think it will be worth it.
Episode 10 will not be on demand. We will have to watch it at the same time as everyone else.
LOL! I just saw the promo about it not showing On Demand with Clay Davis. That was great!! I have to travel to Atlanta next Sunday. The Hotel I'm had better have HBO or I will be pissed off!!

Snoop was possibly the coolest about getting killed throughout the whole series.

Wonderring if Michael thinks he'll be the big cheese soon.

Nice to see Weebay's son doing something with an education and the ol' Chief again. Really like that actor by the way and his tough no-nonsense yet understanding demeanor. Hope he finds work after this.

See parallels between Barksdale+Weebay vs Marlo+Chris

Looks like we might get to see the slimey lawyer go to jail

Sooooo (I never remember his name) the geeky kid that was all but homeless in highschool that was picked on and became Michael's buddy...that guy...so he rolls with a decision that his path in life at 18(or so) years old should be to go live with homeless?

That's the impression I got and it's my first prob ever with this show. He's too smart, too much of a good head on his shoulders, he's willing to work for $....I don't see it David Simon, that one I don't follow.

the ol' Chief again. Really like that actor by the way and his tough no-nonsense yet understanding demeanor. Hope he finds work after this.
BTW Do you guys think this character and the Homicide Lieutenant are quite similar?

Sooooo (I never remember his name) the geeky kid that was all but homeless in highschool that was picked on and became Michael's buddy...that guy...so he rolls with a decision that his path in life at 18(or so) years old should be to go live with homeless?That's the impression I got and it's my first prob ever with this show. He's too smart, too much of a good head on his shoulders, he's willing to work for $....I don't see it David Simon, that one I don't follow.
Dookie had a decision to make in a matter of a couple hours...what did you expect him to do? Michael wouldn't let him stay with him and he had no other home. Smart or not, the opportunities that presented themselves where quite limited. Besides Micheal and Bug, this was all Dookie knew in the entire world. That's the tragedy. That's the parallel between Dookie and Bubbles. One walks out of that place, the next "smart" kid walks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo (I never remember his name) the geeky kid that was all but homeless in highschool that was picked on and became Michael's buddy...that guy...so he rolls with a decision that his path in life at 18(or so) years old should be to go live with homeless?That's the impression I got and it's my first prob ever with this show. He's too smart, too much of a good head on his shoulders, he's willing to work for $....I don't see it David Simon, that one I don't follow.
He tried to get a real job but he's only 15.

i set up my DVR to record season 5. I was going to watch after I finished season 4. for some reason the first 2 episodes(More With Less and Unconfirmed Reports) did not record. anyone know where I can watch these 2 episodes online?
Should still be available if you have on demand. If not, you can watch them at surfthechannel.com.
I have DTV and HBO is not part of on demand
What service do you have? If you have more than 1 premium (and you should have both HBO and Showtime because both have great series right now), you should ask about upgrading to a package. I had Showtime on a trial basis awhile back and they never removed it (for like 3-4 months) and when I called to add it, it turned out it was a lot cheaper to upgrade to a package that included *4* premiums plus the On Demands for all the premiums than it would have been to have the base plan + HBO + Showtime (and even then was only a few $ more than just HBO with no On Demand).
i get every channel DTV offers
Not if you don't have on demand :goodposting:
i have on demand. when i search for the wire, the only thing that comes up is the show for tomorrow night and next Sunday, no past shows
You said "I have DTV and HBO is not part of on demand". I said HBO is part of on demand.Where are you "searching" for the wire? When I tune to the HBO on demand channel, I see all of the episodes from this season (none from past seasons), the 2 stories with Omar, Bunk/McNulty, and Prop Joe, and The Wire Odyssey (history/interviews about the show).
i called DTV and they said HBO is not part of their on demand service at this time. do you have DTV?i did find a site that had the first 2 episodes. agree with one of the above posters, best TV drama show ever

Hmm. I just watched the end of episode 59 on HBO, not On Demand. The HBO version had a significantly shorter preview of the last episode.

Dookie had a decision to make in a matter of a couple hours...what did you expect him to do? Michael wouldn't let him stay with him and he had no other home. Smart or not, the opportunities that presented themselves where quite limited. Besides Micheal and Bug, this was all Dookie knew in the entire world. That's the tragedy. That's the parallel between Dookie and Bubbles. One walks out of that place, the next "smart" kid walks in.
good pointguess I was just upset to see the tragedy

I was too. Outside of Bubbles and Namon there's not a whole that ends good with this show.

Prez probably could have helped him out.Man that scene with Mike and Bug was rough. I hope Bunk doesnt go down with McNuttty for using his resources to speed up the lab work on Partlow. Of course its Kima that blows the whistle after the whole department rallied around her after the shooting in season 1 or 2.

I was too. Outside of Bubbles and Namon there's not a whole that ends good with this show.
Cutty was another feelgood story but they really dropped him this year. Too bad he was one of my favs.

damn looks like she was just in atlanta on a speaking tour. not sure if I wouldve understand what she said though. heh

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment...story_0227.html

From streets to 'The Wire': 'The Lord has blessed me'

By ADRIANNE M. MURCHISON

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/27/2008

Despite her deadly TV persona, Felicia "Snoop" Pearson has a bright life ahead when the HBO series "The Wire" ends next month.

MATT SAYLES / AP

(ENLARGE)

Felicia 'Snoop' Pearson from the TV series 'The Wire' is in town to promote her book.

The 27-year-old is in town today to discuss her memoir, "Grace After Midnight" at the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum.

On the TV show, she plays Snoop, the androgynous assassin for drug lord Marlo Stanfield.

Pearson's book traces her birth as a 3-pound crack baby to foster care placement. At age 14, Pearson was charged with second-degree murder and sentenced to eight years in a women's penitentiary in Jessup, Md.

It was there that she decided to turn her life around after a close friend she referred to as an uncle was killed. Otherwise but for the grace of God and landing the acting gig, Pearson's life could resemble Snoop's on "The Wire," she says.

Post "The Wire," Pearson will focus her attention on more acting projects and an at-risk youth program she started in Brooklyn and Baltimore with Jamie Hector, who plays Marlo on the show.

What do you want readers to learn from your story?

I just want to let people know where I came from ... to share my story. I know the Lord has blessed me. He gave me the power just to tell this story.

Are your parents living?

No. I didn't know anything about my mother. She always looked nice. She loved to get high. My father was a stick-up artist.

You seem comfortable in your own skin; what do you tell youths who are not so secure with themselves?

I tell them don't be ashamed of who you are. Believe in yourself and don't worry about what nobody say. Once you are on top people are going to look up to you. First you have to get an education. You can't even scrub toilets without a G.E.D.

Why do you think your character on "The Wire" is so endeared by fans?

They've never seen anyone like me on TV. Some people just tell me that I'm bringing a lot of realness to the TV.

If Snoop somehow lives. Hypothetically, what happens to her down the road?

Ain't nobody in Marlo's crew dropped dead yet. If Snoop keeps going she's going to wind up dead or something. Gotta happen sooner or later. Snoop is going too hard.

How did Michael K. Williams, who plays Omar, discover you, and what did he sense was special about you?

He kept saying 'It was your swagger.' I met him at a club. And he kept looking at me. He came up to me and said, 'Can I ask you a question? Are you a boy or a girl?' Then later he said, 'I want you to come to the set and meet the writers and producers.'

Are a lot of folks on the book tour bringing up Omar's death?

Yeah, a lot of people are hurt about that. When I was in Detroit one person had on an Omar shirt that said, "R.I.P." People really take this show to heart. The show is like Sunday Night Football. You gotta watch it.

There is a reason Dookie mentioned Michael buying him an ice cream after they got beat on following the pee balloon incident.

There is a reason Dookie mentioned Michael buying him an ice cream after they got beat on following the pee balloon incident.
What's the reason?

For those that live/use to live in Baltimore. How accurate is The Wire when is comes to drugs, crime problems and politics.

Pocket Joker said:
Marc Levin said:
What's the reason?
They did the pee balloon thing because the terrace boys jumped Dookie. That was probably the first time anyone had been nice to him in a long time and it was probably the first time he felt part of a group that was not "homeless/living on the street." Michael including him in the ice cream purchase was one part of the circle, and now he was getting spit out the other side of it - back where he started. Alone and homeless on the street

For all the people thinking Gus will go down instead of Templeton, there's one big reason that won't happen imo: McNutty. He knows that Templeton is FOS, "trapped in the same lie" as he says in the preview.

For those that live/use to live in Baltimore. How accurate is The Wire when is comes to drugs, crime problems and politics.
My brother just spent six months living there (on a work assignment for National Grid Power Co.), he said that the crime/drug epidemic in West Baltimore is VERY real.

For all the people thinking Gus will go down instead of Templeton, there's one big reason that won't happen imo: McNutty. He knows that Templeton is FOS, "trapped in the same lie" as he says in the preview.
So McNulty is going to fall on his sword? McNulty? The police and the newsroom are going to have essentially the same choice. Do the right thing and catch hell, or sweep the lies under the rug. And there will be plenty of valid reasons to sweep the lies under the rug. Carcetti has had multiple speeches this season emphasizing just this point. That nobody can "make a difference" when they're bounced out of their jobs. So we get intstitutional officers who perhaps started with the intention of making a positive difference caught up in the inertia of suffocating political institutions. That's the message of The Wire in a nutshell.McNulty is going to be asked to go away quietly. So will Gus. It's the ending that makes the most sense in regards to Simon's vision. In The Wire, only personal redemption is possible. The institutions will just get more and more screwed up.

I first caught this show during Season 1 -- got to watch a few episodes while out of town for an extended period of time (living out of motels and all that) and I was blown away when I first saw this show. Never had seen anything like it, and it felt so real. I didn't have HBO at home and wasn't able to continue watching the series.

Over the past few years I had continued to hear great things about this show, and realized I was missing out. We signed up for a new Direct TV deal at home and got free HBO for a few months. I've watched Season 5 in its entirety, and even though I realize this season has been subpar for a lot of the faithful, it's been great to watch. This is seriously one of the best series I've ever seen on television.

I've been downloading torrents for Seasons 1 through 4 and can't wait to catch up and watch them all. Television doesn't get any better than this.

So McNulty is going to fall on his sword? McNulty? The police and the newsroom are going to have essentially the same choice. Do the right thing and catch hell, or sweep the lies under the rug. And there will be plenty of valid reasons to sweep the lies under the rug. Carcetti has had multiple speeches this season emphasizing just this point. That nobody can "make a difference" when they're bounced out of their jobs. So we get intstitutional officers who perhaps started with the intention of making a positive difference caught up in the inertia of suffocating political institutions. That's the message of The Wire in a nutshell.McNulty is going to be asked to go away quietly. So will Gus. It's the ending that makes the most sense in regards to Simon's vision. In The Wire, only personal redemption is possible. The institutions will just get more and more screwed up.
This is how I see things playing out as well. McNulty's and Templeton's lies will not be exposed; they will be addressed internally, and both McNulty and Gus will be ushered out because of their unwillingness to go with the flow.I'm most curious to see what goes down with Marlo. Will his lawyer figure out the flaws of the investigation and get him out? If he gets out will he get popped?

:stirspot:That invalidates all the time being spent on the work of the two GOOD journalists (the hispanic chick and the black guy doing a story on Bubbles).Those who go outside the normal procedures looking for short cuts to solving problems get booted. Templeton is looking for short cuts, and the bosses won;t like it when it comes to light. They are both gone or only Templeton is - not just Gus.Finally, why would Gus be gone for doing his job? For doing what he is SUPPOSED to do (which is teach the young journalists how to create proper news stories). Makes no sense at all.That said, McNulty is a goner.

This is how I see things playing out as well. McNulty's and Templeton's lies will not be exposed; they will be addressed internally, and both McNulty and Gus will be ushered out because of their unwillingness to go with the flow.I'm most curious to see what goes down with Marlo. Will his lawyer figure out the flaws of the investigation and get him out? If he gets out will he get popped?
I bet Marlo realizes the leak is at the lawyers office - not sure what results, but that is what I believe will happen.

:thumbup:That invalidates all the time being spent on the work of the two GOOD journalists (the hispanic chick and the black guy doing a story on Bubbles).Those who go outside the normal procedures looking for short cuts to solving problems get booted. Templeton is looking for short cuts, and the bosses won;t like it when it comes to light. They are both gone or only Templeton is - not just Gus.Finally, why would Gus be gone for doing his job? For doing what he is SUPPOSED to do (which is teach the young journalists how to create proper news stories). Makes no sense at all.That said, McNulty is a goner.
The higher-ups at the Sun don't seem interested at all in the same kind of "good journalism" that Gus believes in. Even if they don't suspect Templeton of anything, they seem to have no problem whatsoever with his endless anonymous sources and self-glorifying writing style. If Gus throws another tirade on par with the one he threw when pushed after refusing to run Templeton's homeless-rally story, I could EASILY see him being let go or dropped down the ladder.

I don't think it will end quietly. It is the end of the show - there is no movie in the works (there is a rumored prequel movie).

I thought the preview scenes from the final episode showed Marlo out of prison. The only way that happened is if the wire-tap was exposed as a fraud - Marlo was initially denied bail - if he gets bail it is because the case is flawed. After the huge press conference announcing the arrests, it will be a PR nightmare when Marlo and crew (minus Chris who is in on Bunk's murder case) walk free. Heads will have to roll - and undoubtedly McNulty's will. He is the classic Greek tragic hero. This season has been as much about setting up his fall as any other story line.

The newspaper is an interesting twist, ultimately though I think Templeton goes down as well. But maybe he spins it so that he was only doing what McNulty told him - who are you going to trust? I think even Templeton wins that credibility contest at this point. Maybe Gus walks away in disgust. I don't think he is the fall guy here - he has too many folks who know that he has washed his hands of Templeton, to be the fall guy for the paper.

I'm most curious to see what goes down with Marlo. Will his lawyer figure out the flaws of the investigation and get him out? If he gets out will he get popped?
Better yet, will he get popped even if he stays in? Im sure Avon and Weebay would be happy to welcome him into Jessup. :thumbup:

:thumbup:That invalidates all the time being spent on the work of the two GOOD journalists (the hispanic chick and the black guy doing a story on Bubbles).Those who go outside the normal procedures looking for short cuts to solving problems get booted. Templeton is looking for short cuts, and the bosses won;t like it when it comes to light. They are both gone or only Templeton is - not just Gus.Finally, why would Gus be gone for doing his job? For doing what he is SUPPOSED to do (which is teach the young journalists how to create proper news stories). Makes no sense at all.That said, McNulty is a goner.
The higher-ups at the Sun don't seem interested at all in the same kind of "good journalism" that Gus believes in. Even if they don't suspect Templeton of anything, they seem to have no problem whatsoever with his endless anonymous sources and self-glorifying writing style. If Gus throws another tirade on par with the one he threw when pushed after refusing to run Templeton's homeless-rally story, I could EASILY see him being let go or dropped down the ladder.
That is called "misdirection." You are supposed to, right now, believe the upper management folks will automatically side with the golden white boy over the black guy making trouble. Gus could blow the LID off the paper if they asked him to step aside. And the paper's rep would be ruined - that Templeton lied is now provable in evidence.Templeton is fired. Gus keeps his job.

Really real. Being a Balti-moron simultaneously enhances and detracts from my enjoyment of the show. Knowing the real-life people behind the characters ads a layer of richness to the show and also enhances my understanding of local politics and society. On the other hand, I'm always looking at locations and thinking, "Hey, McNulty's kid is playing soccer at my daughter's school," which snaps me into reality and away from the show.Many, many, many of the dealers and the cops are based on real people, just like the people who "Diner" was based on still go around Baltimore trying to keep their moment of fame from a 25-year-old movie alive.Most of all, I love watching Carcetti, who = Martin O'Malley, former City Council member, then Mayor, now Governor of MarylandAlso Clay Davis = Larry Young
The Maryland Senate voted today to expel a member accused of using his office to solicit gifts, including a luxury car and money from a state college. The member, Senator Larry Young, was the first Maryland legislator ousted by colleagues since the late 1700's, when two were expelled, one for cheating at cards. A resolution to expel Mr. Young, a Baltimore Democrat who was chairman of the Legislative Black Caucus, was adopted 36 to 10. A two-thirds vote, or 32 senators, was needed for passage. Earlier this week, the Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics found that Mr. Young, a member of the Maryland General Assembly for 23 years, had ''brought dishonor'' on the Legislature. The committee said Mr. Young, who headed a Senate subcommittee on health care, had illegally solicited and accepted gifts, including a $24,800 Lincoln Town Car from an ambulance company that receives money from the state. The committee also found that he was paid tens of thousands of dollars by Coppin State College for performing limited duties that any legislator should perform free. Mr. Young was also said to have allegedly failed to report conflicts of interest as required by law.
But there are 100s of other examples.

They did the pee balloon thing because the terrace boys jumped Dookie. That was probably the first time anyone had been nice to him in a long time and it was probably the first time he felt part of a group that was not "homeless/living on the street." Michael including him in the ice cream purchase was one part of the circle, and now he was getting spit out the other side of it - back where he started. Alone and homeless on the street
Dukie was already part of the group. He also wasn't homeless at the time (his home life was just a mess). He brought up the incident as a reminder to Michael of a much simpler time. The fact that Michael couldn't (or wouldn't) remember reinforced to Dukie that they were in totally different worlds now.

:rolleyes:That invalidates all the time being spent on the work of the two GOOD journalists (the hispanic chick and the black guy doing a story on Bubbles).Those who go outside the normal procedures looking for short cuts to solving problems get booted. Templeton is looking for short cuts, and the bosses won;t like it when it comes to light. They are both gone or only Templeton is - not just Gus.Finally, why would Gus be gone for doing his job? For doing what he is SUPPOSED to do (which is teach the young journalists how to create proper news stories). Makes no sense at all.That said, McNulty is a goner.
I don't get why you tend to be so condescending about this stuff, especially when you don't have it quite as figured out as you seem to think.The work of the "good" police, "good" teachers, even "good" drug dealers is invalidated all the time. Just look at how many times the work of the major crimes unit was compromised based on the bureacratic decisions of the higher ups-- the whole reason Freamon went along with Jimmy's crazy plan this year was because he had been screwed so many times working inside the system. The institutions spit you out when you work against their goals, not based on whether you are "good" or not.Simon, using his experience at the Sun, has set this story up to show that the paper no longer cares about telling the whole story. Rather, they are most interested in documenting their impact and win Pulitzers. Gus is bucking this system, while Scott is plagiarizing to try to stay within it. Scott may still go down, but not for the reasons you stated.On your last point, why was Lester demoted to the pawnshop unit for doing good police work. then? The idea of Gus getting forced out, even if it doesn't happen, makes perfect sense in the context of the show.

The_Man did a good job explaining, the show is spot on.The parts where the drug traffic takes place are in areas that I will not go to. Not only are the characters based on real life figures, but the storylines are to.

Pocket Joker said:
Marc Levin said:
What's the reason?
:goodposting: Dookie was always part of that group. Why would they get back at the terrace boys if they didn't already know Dookie?The reason they included that story was to show the emotional difference between Michael and Dookie. Dookie is trying to hang on to the past. Michael knows that it serves no purpose. It was a perfect mirror for Bubbles recognizing that he was only hurting himself by hanging onto the grief he had over Sharrod's death.Dookie represents Bubbles at the begginning of his journey. And Michael represents Bubbles at the end of his journey.

Pocket Joker said:
Marc Levin said:
What's the reason?
:jawdrop: Dookie was always part of that group. Why would they get back at the terrace boys if they didn't already know Dookie?The reason they included that story was to show the emotional difference between Michael and Dookie. Dookie is trying to hang on to the past. Michael knows that it serves no purpose. It was a perfect mirror for Bubbles recognizing that he was only hurting himself by hanging onto the grief he had over Sharrod's death.Dookie represents Bubbles at the begginning of his journey. And Michael represents Bubbles at the end of his journey.
I am with you on Dookie, but not on Michael really. The scene was showing that Michael has done so much dirt and gotten himself in so deep that he has truly lost his innocence and that that 8th grade boy we met last season who seemed likely to be the only one to avoid the streets, has in fact succumb to the streets and by doing so has lost all his friends and family.

One of the scenes from the preview shows Peterson crouching over a homeless person. Another shows McNulty finding a body with a different colored ribbon tied around it. I wonder if Peterson is going to go over the edge and start manufacturing serial killer victims, just like McNulty was doing.

Pocket Joker said:
Marc Levin said:
What's the reason?
:unsure: Dookie was always part of that group. Why would they get back at the terrace boys if they didn't already know Dookie?The reason they included that story was to show the emotional difference between Michael and Dookie. Dookie is trying to hang on to the past. Michael knows that it serves no purpose. It was a perfect mirror for Bubbles recognizing that he was only hurting himself by hanging onto the grief he had over Sharrod's death.Dookie represents Bubbles at the begginning of his journey. And Michael represents Bubbles at the end of his journey.
I am with you on Dookie, but not on Michael really. The scene was showing that Michael has done so much dirt and gotten himself in so deep that he has truly lost his innocence and that that 8th grade boy we met last season who seemed likely to be the only one to avoid the streets, has in fact succumb to the streets and by doing so has lost all his friends and family.
Sounds kind of like Bubbles. Bubbles' innocence (hanging onto the people he lost) is gone and so is his family (who didn't show for his one year anniversary of sobriety). He's reclaimed his real name, Reginald, and is ready to move on.Michael has in much the same way cut loose the people from his past and is moving on.

One of the scenes from the preview shows Peterson crouching over a homeless person. Another shows McNulty finding a body with a different colored ribbon tied around it. I wonder if Peterson is going to go over the edge and start manufacturing serial killer victims, just like McNulty was doing.
Who is Peterson? I tried looking for him on this page but couldn't find him.One thing I did notice was that Randy and Cheese both have Wagstaff as their last name. Did we know of any relation?

Who is Peterson? I tried looking for him on this page but couldn't find him.One thing I did notice was that Randy and Cheese both have Wagstaff as their last name. Did we know of any relation?
Sorry, I meant Templeton. I think. The one who's making things up at the Sun.

Just another insight from real-life Baltimore. The reporter who makes stuff up at The Sun is also based on a real-life guy, Jim Haner. I have very mixed feelings about what David Simon has done with The Sun this year -- the top editors who he decries for creating a "Pulitzer at all costs" mentality are, to me, a couple of great guys (who, not coincidentally, gave my wife a big break by hiring her as a reporter at the paper). At the same time, I can't deny a lot of what he says about the newsroom.

Just another insight from real-life Baltimore. The reporter who makes stuff up at The Sun is also based on a real-life guy, Jim Haner. I have very mixed feelings about what David Simon has done with The Sun this year -- the top editors who he decries for creating a "Pulitzer at all costs" mentality are, to me, a couple of great guys (who, not coincidentally, gave my wife a big break by hiring her as a reporter at the paper). At the same time, I can't deny a lot of what he says about the newsroom.
I think Simon turning his lenses on the Media this season, has created many of the sour reviews that the show is getting. I for one have enjoyed this season very much. My only complaint is that they didn’t have more time to develop the news room story. But even with limited episodes, they somehow managed to get me emotionally invested in (at least) two of the new characters (Gus and Templeton). I care about what happens to them, even though we hardly know them yet. That is grade “A” work by the writers.

I think Simon turning his lenses on the Media this season, has created many of the sour reviews that the show is getting. I for one have enjoyed this season very much. My only complaint is that they didn’t have more time to develop the news room story. But even with limited episodes, they somehow managed to get me emotionally invested in (at least) two of the new characters (Gus and Templeton). I care about what happens to them, even though we hardly know them yet. That is grade “A” work by the writers.
and actors. the guy who plays Gus is awesome. I still am amazed how easy it was to become involved with the kids from season 4. Those guys were introduced and fit right in.

and actors. the guy who plays Gus is awesome. I still am amazed how easy it was to become involved with the kids from season 4. Those guys were introduced and fit right in.
i know this was mentioned earlier in this thread but clark johnson who plays gus was on homicide. hes great on there too. his partner was munch (belzer) who he walked past in that bar scene earlier this year. belzer was playing the same character but johnson was obviously not. very cool scene. he directed a few wire episodes prior to this season.

i know this was mentioned earlier in this thread but clark johnson who plays gus was on homicide. hes great on there too. his partner was munch (belzer) who he walked past in that bar scene earlier this year. belzer was playing the same character but johnson was obviously not. very cool scene. he directed a few wire episodes prior to this season.
I was too young to enjoy Homicide while it aired. Im looking forward to going back and watching the entire series on DVD when the Wire ends.

I was too young to enjoy Homicide while it aired. Im looking forward to going back and watching the entire series on DVD when the Wire ends.
I've been watching it on Court TV. I wish I had seen Homicide first. It kind of suffers because it's not as good as the Wire, and I'm constantly comparing them.

Users who are viewing this thread