What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (3 Viewers)

any ideas on my find my friends issue?

the one thing i use that for is seeing where my wife is at and vice versa (not a trust thing dickweeds, like to see when they will be home, when they left work, etc....)

so far we cannot get it working
link? went back 3 pages...
we used tio have my nwife's phone linked to my account and have her sign into find my friends with her account

you cannot do that anymore, so we set up family share

the problem is no matter what we try and change her find my friends says it is from my account (probably because we backed up her old phone and restored)

we have tried changing the account in the iTunes section of setting, but that did not help. We also tried deleting find my friends, with no luck

so is there a recommended case for the 6+ yet?
I'm waiting to see how bulky the Lifeproof one is (hopefully out SOON, haven't heard a date yet), but the one Billy B linked to above looks pretty sweet, especially for only $20, compared to the Lifeproof which I'm guessing will be $75-100

Since upgrading to iOS8, my iPhone is having issues playing in my car. It's weird. The song name will come up, but no music. Only way to fix the problem is to disconnect the phone, shut it down, turn it back on, and then plug it back in. Really pissing me off.
Which model do you have, again, GB?

• Folks DEFINITELY don't want to install iOS 8 on a 4s

• Having installed iOS8 on my 5, I wouldn't advise it unless there was some killer must-have feature you really wanted.

Would have liked to see this release a little more compatible with 2 year old hardware. Hopefully subsequent updates improve that performance.
I have the 5. Not the one with the fingerprint reader, but the one before that. I lose track of the names.

the one thing i use that for is seeing where my wife is at and vice versa (not a trust thing dickweeds, like to see when they will be home, when they left work, etc....)

we used tio have my nwife's phone linked to my account and have her sign into find my friends with her account

the problem is no matter what we try and change her find my friends says it is from my account (probably because we backed up her old phone and restored)

we have tried changing the account in the iTunes section of setting, but that did not help. We also tried deleting find my friends, with no luck
Which iTunes account is the phone logged into under iCloud, iMessage and Facetime?

Since upgrading to iOS8, my iPhone is having issues playing in my car. It's weird. The song name will come up, but no music. Only way to fix the problem is to disconnect the phone, shut it down, turn it back on, and then plug it back in. Really pissing me off.

• Having installed iOS8 on my 5, I wouldn't advise it unless there was some killer must-have feature you really wanted.

Would have liked to see this release a little more compatible with 2 year old hardware. Hopefully subsequent updates improve that performance.
I have the 5. Not the one with the fingerprint reader, but the one before that. I lose track of the names.
Yep that's what I have too. I didn't notice any glitches like that specifically, but it was a little buggier for sure. Have you done a hard reset (hold top and home buttons until screen goes black and apple logo pops back up)?

Yep that's what I have too. I didn't notice any glitches like that specifically, but it was a little buggier for sure. Have you done a hard reset (hold top and home buttons until screen goes black and apple logo pops back up)?
Yeah. That's the only way I can get the music to start playing again. It's odd. I've had to do it twice since the download. No real rhyme or reason as to when it happens. Other than that, no issues with the upgrade. :shrug:

Which iTunes account is the phone logged into under iCloud, iMessage and Facetime?
not sure, are thos configurable in settings?

I am having this problem as well. Very frustrating.

I've upgraded my 5 to iOS8. I had a similar issue with Spotify once. The song name came up, no music. All I did to fix it was double-click the home button, swipe up on Spotify to close the app, then re-open the Spotify app. It's been fine ever since.

I've upgraded my 5 to iOS8. I had a similar issue with Spotify once. The song name came up, no music. All I did to fix it was double-click the home button, swipe up on Spotify to close the app, then re-open the Spotify app. It's been fine ever since.
I tried this with my music but nothing happened. What's weird is, when I did that, the song that was playing before went away, and a new one came up. But it still didn't play.

Known issue. Several bluetooth bugs were introduced. Should be fixed soonish

Good.

I tried this with my music but nothing happened. What's weird is, when I did that, the song that was playing before went away, and a new one came up. But it still didn't play.
Actually, now that I think about it, my issue is somewhat different. I am able to link my phone to my car through bluetooth, but only the phnoe works, not the music.

Good news.

For those waiting for Lifeproof cases, be prepared to wait a while. Prolly be at least a month or two as usual.
I've been Team Lifeproof since they came out, but after seeing the video that showed the naked phones being submerged for 10 seconds and not having any issues, I'm thinking of going with a cheaper solution.

i don;t like the screen on lifeproof cases

that gap between the protector and the screen messes with me
I've had several over the last several years and have never had that issue. I've seen a few that did, but I don't know if they didn't install them correctly or what. Now I did notice a slight bit of separation between the screen and the cover upon initial installation, but it always flattened out after a day or two of usage. *shrug*

I've had several over the last several years and have never had that issue. I've seen a few that did, but I don't know if they didn't install them correctly or what. Now I did notice a slight bit of separation between the screen and the cover upon initial installation, but it always flattened out after a day or two of usage. *shrug*
hmmmm

my wifes is still there on the 4s...maybe she did not install it right. it is really annoying to me

Mine isn't via bluetooth. I actually plug the phone into the car using a USB. All the information of the song comes up on the screen on the dashboard. Song still comes up, along with album picture. But the music won't play.

I thought Lifeproof had the Nuud cases that don't have a screen cover.

They have 2. Fre and Nuud. Have had Fre cases with cover and I won't get another one. Gonna hold out for the Nuud which usually comes out well after the initial Fre push. Seen the Nuud case on iPads and like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The newer models, yes. It just has an O-ring around the shell that seals off the screen. The older models (I have the 4S, non-Nuud) have a built in screen cover. They may not even offer the built-in model any more, idk. The main gripe I have with them is that pics aren't crystal clear because of the cover over the camera lens, so I'm interested to see how they address that (whether they cover it or not) with the protruding camera on the 6/6+

yeah I don't dig on screen protectors of any sort. I want raw finger on glass contact. Boom!

I've been Team Lifeproof since they came out, but after seeing the video that showed the naked phones being submerged for 10 seconds and not having any issues, I'm thinking of going with a cheaper solution.
Yep. If I'm dumb enough to end up in the pool with this thing, I'll have a handset insurance claim on my hands. That said, It SEEMS like these should be able to handle the "spilled drink" or "Drop in glass of water/toilet" quick exposure.... which is damn nice. :knockonwood:

I'm gonna run it naked, absent a battery case when needed.

Really getting annoyed with this phone.

Emails that are in the same thread that are grouped accordingly flat out won't open.

I have to elect to not group emails by thread to open them.

Exchange continually is syncing me back to old exchange account from 2008 even though I've manually corrected that multiple times. It randomly just reverts itself back. Oh and when I change it manually back to my correct exchange email, all my contacts disappear.

Who wants a free iPhone?

BREAKING NEWS: My phone is through my father's business and we just got word that our 6 Plusses, which were supposed to be shipped this week, have been backordered and will ship on November 9-27

WTMFF!?!?! :rant: :wall: :hot: :own3d:

Emails that are in the same thread that are grouped accordingly flat out won't open.

Exchange continually is syncing me back to old exchange account from 2008 even though I've manually corrected that multiple times. It randomly just reverts itself back. Oh and when I change it manually back to my correct exchange email, all my contacts disappear.

Who wants a free iPhone?
DIBS!!!!!

Who wants a free iPhone?
I aborted using the iPhone mail client. Too many things I didn't like and it lost my settings one time when I installed a patch, Switched to the gmail client and haven't looked back.

Who wants a free iPhone?
You've got some weird settings going on.... odd man. You have an IT guy you can talk to or a apple store nearby?

I've got 4 email accounts linked up, one of which is an exchange account, with no issues whatsoever :(

Stock Email App : Work Exchange Email / Personal Yahoo Email

Mailbox App : Personal Gmail / BBQFest Team Gmail

Who wants a free iPhone?
You've got some weird settings going on.... odd man. You have an IT guy you can talk to or a apple store nearby?

I've got 4 email accounts linked up, one of which is an exchange account, with no issues whatsoever :(

Stock Email App : Work Exchange Email / Personal Yahoo Email

Mailbox App : Personal Gmail / BBQFest Team Gmail
Definitely going to try the IT department here.

Just very weird random buggy crap happening. Being as patient as I can here but truthfully never had exchange sync issues with my Samsung. Trying to keep an open mind here... More just venting in my part. My work email is my lifeblood as I travel 3 out of 4 weeks a month. If that's not working, productivity goes way down.

For those looking for a less expensive alternative to an otterbox or lifeproof(very similar), I've been using this case for the past 3 days on my 6 and I like it. Doesn't add hardly any bulk but gives airtight protection and is easy to handle. I would take my 5 out of the bulky Otterbox on weekends but I see no reason to take this off. Real satisfied with it considering the price. (Took a shot, wasn't expecting much, but it's good)

Eta: the home button, ear speaker and camera aren't covered/sealed, but the camera lense is recessed into the back plate.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOOF4D8?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
nice! Any issues with the charging port or headphone port being blocked (or too obstructed for the cords to fit) with the case on? I ask because that is an issue with the Lifeproof case.
I don't have those issues with my 4s and Lifeproof.

For those looking for a less expensive alternative to an otterbox or lifeproof(very similar), I've been using this case for the past 3 days on my 6 and I like it. Doesn't add hardly any bulk but gives airtight protection and is easy to handle. I would take my 5 out of the bulky Otterbox on weekends but I see no reason to take this off. Real satisfied with it considering the price. (Took a shot, wasn't expecting much, but it's good)

Eta: the home button, ear speaker and camera aren't covered/sealed, but the camera lense is recessed into the back plate.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOOF4D8?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
nice! Any issues with the charging port or headphone port being blocked (or too obstructed for the cords to fit) with the case on? I ask because that is an issue with the Lifeproof case.
I don't either personally, but some aftermarket (non-Apple) chargers and most docks won't work with the lifeproof charging port, bc it was built to exactly fit the OEM Apple charger cord.

I don't either personally, but some aftermarket (non-Apple) chargers and most docks won't work with the lifeproof charging port, bc it was built to exactly fit the OEM Apple charger cord.
Ok I see where you're coming from.

Some more unsolicited opinions from me here.

Keyboard - going to take some getting used to. The keys on the Note are huge because it's a bigger phone than the 6. I imagine this will be no problem getting used to with practice.

Screen resolution - awesome. Crisp and clear. Love it. Seems better than Samsung.

The phone itself - love it. Sleek, well designed. Don't care about the bending issue, I'll be handling the phone with care at all times.

Battery - doesn't appear to be anything rave about. I'm using it often and it drains just about as fast as any other phone I've ever used.

Customization/Widgets - yes widgets. Sorry to bring it up but I loved having the weather, Twitter feed and my upcoming calendar on their own screen. It's a first world problem to actually have to open those apps up every time. I can live with the change but Samsung wins out here.

Bugs - I have faith apple will work these out. There are always issues at first with the first release of a new iOS

I'm going to try my best to be patient and get used to the new layout for me and let apple work through patching the bugs. Rollout might have been too hasty but I don't think they botched things by any means.

I knew what to expect re: widgets, so I can't hold that against Apple. That's not what they do. They make great phones though. 50/50 right now whether I exchange for the Samsung. Samsung release date is way too far out... People are eager to get new toys and I think many people are going to opt for the iPhone just because they can get it sooner (like I did).

Not that anyone cares about my experience. Just thought I'd try to present some non biased opinions for anyone thinking about switching over to Apple products.

Just as I finished typing, of course, my contacts defaulted to add "suggested" contacts again, giving me 100s of bunk and misfiled contacts :loco:

Some more unsolicited opinions from me here.

Keyboard - going to take some getting used to. The keys on the Note are huge because it's a bigger phone than the 6. I imagine this will be no problem getting used to with practice.

Screen resolution - awesome. Crisp and clear. Love it. Seems better than Samsung.

The phone itself - love it. Sleek, well designed. Don't care about the bending issue, I'll be handling the phone with care at all times.

Battery - doesn't appear to be anything rave about. I'm using it often and it drains just about as fast as any other phone I've ever used.

Customization/Widgets - yes widgets. Sorry to bring it up but I loved having the weather, Twitter feed and my upcoming calendar on their own screen. It's a first world problem to actually have to open those apps up every time. I can live with the change but Samsung wins out here.

Bugs - I have faith apple will work these out. There are always issues at first with the first release of a new iOS

I'm going to try my best to be patient and get used to the new layout for me and let apple work through patching the bugs. Rollout might have been too hasty but I don't think they botched things by any means.

I knew what to expect re: widgets, so I can't hold that against Apple. That's not what they do. They make great phones though. 50/50 right now whether I exchange for the Samsung. Samsung release date is way too far out... People are eager to get new toys and I think many people are going to opt for the iPhone just because they can get it sooner (like I did).

Not that anyone cares about my experience. Just thought I'd try to present some non biased opinions for anyone thinking about switching over to Apple products.
:thumbup:

Great feedback IMO. Pros & Cons.

My wife and I were both planning on upgrading to the 6+. I only pre-ordered one to make sure we were ok with the size. Ordered on 9/12, received on 9/19, been using it actively since. Wife loved the size so ordered another 6+ which will be coming in next week.

I love this phone. Screen is fantastic. We take photos/videos heavily (two small kids) and I've ditched my P&S camera for good now. This is all we need.

We're on Tmobile and the wifi calling is a minor miracle. We get great reception outside (between 30mbps/30mbps to 50mbps/30mbps, LTE) but get spotty reception indoors like in my office building. However, I have wifi when I'm indoors so call quality is crystal now.

With that said, I cancelled the other 6+ and bought a 6. The 6+ is too big for me (wife still wants it). I have decent man sized mitts but it's just not comfortable to "actively" use it out and about. The 6 is a better fit for me but ### #### do I miss the 6+ when I'm at my desk or in bed reading or watching Netflix on my phone.

The wifi calling on tmobile was there previous to this phone though, right?

The wifi calling should be new to those not on tmobile, correct?

I only say this because down in the basement here tmo people have been using wifi calling for several years now with iphongs.

The wifi calling on tmobile was there previous to this phone though, right?

The wifi calling should be new to those not on tmobile, correct?

I only say this because down in the basement here tmo people have been using wifi calling for several years now with iphongs.
This is the iPhone thread. Not the iPhong thread. This could be your confusion.

Where's that link to Verizon so I can turn in my 4s for some dough? Do I have to fill out some form or can/should I just walk into a store? Or, can I fill it out online, print it, and walk in? I'm close to a store so I'd rather just walk-in. However...

*** The phone is buggy and the battery SUCKS so I'm worried about them checking it out and saying no dice. Even the ringer rarely works, lol.

Where's that link to Verizon so I can turn in my 4s for some dough? Do I have to fill out some form or can/should I just walk into a store? Or, can I fill it out online, print it, and walk in? I'm close to a store so I'd rather just walk-in. However...

*** The phone is buggy and the battery SUCKS so I'm worried about them checking it out and saying no dice. Even the ringer rarely works, lol.
https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/

I traded mine in at the apple store and they didn't even look at it. He just asked me if it worked ok and was in good condition, I said yeah and then he stuck it in a plastic bag and gave me a $203.00 gift card :shrug: I did have some small cracking around the camera and one small scratch on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread