What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (1 Viewer)

If matuski had a gun would the featherweight dodge the bullets or would he just watch as they bounced off his body?
Clearly there is no way to harm these 125lb men.
Look we aren't saying they're invincible. But most guys just overestimate their fighting prowess and underestimate the power that can be generated at 125lb's. Experience plays a huge role in this scenario as well. It's harder to hit people than it looks and getting punched in the face takes some getting used to. A nice hook or overhand really knocks those marbles loose the first few times you get hit.As i stated before at my weight of 135 (5'8) i have utterly destroyed large tomato cans in the ring (who have had no training). So i have no doubt that a professional 10 pounds lighter than me can do the same thing. If you hit them it will hurt them and quite possibly knock them out. But you really only have a very limited time in which to do this before you gas or get rocked a few times and want to quit.

If matuski had a gun would the featherweight dodge the bullets or would he just watch as they bounced off his body?
Clearly there is no way to harm these 125lb men.
Look we aren't saying they're invincible. But most guys just overestimate their fighting prowess and underestimate the power that can be generated at 125lb's. Experience plays a huge role in this scenario as well. It's harder to hit people than it looks and getting punched in the face takes some getting used to. A nice hook or overhand really knocks those marbles loose the first few times you get hit.As i stated before at my weight of 135 (5'8) i have utterly destroyed large tomato cans in the ring (who have had no training). So i have no doubt that a professional 10 pounds lighter than me can do the same thing. If you hit them it will hurt them and quite possibly knock them out. But you really only have a very limited time in which to do this before you gas or get rocked a few times and want to quit.
What's he do, nibble your bum? He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones! Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up! Aaaugh! I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--

For the boxing question shady, it's really easy to answer.Go down to the local boxing gym and tell the owner what you're thinking. As Sweetj said, it's not that uncommon. Suit up and spar with a guy that is really good. (understanding he's far from a professional) It'll be a good experience for you. It was for me.J
I wasnt trying to sound cocky. I honestly have no clue how much a punch from a 125lb boxer would feel and I doubt many posting in this thread do as well.
Seriously though, you should do this. Video tape it and we can all make sig bets here.It could be the FBG version of the Pros vs Joes thing. You should seriously do this.J
Monumental shtick potential here.
Hi Otis. Shtick? :kicksrock:Who wouldn't want to see this? J

For the boxing question shady, it's really easy to answer.Go down to the local boxing gym and tell the owner what you're thinking. As Sweetj said, it's not that uncommon. Suit up and spar with a guy that is really good. (understanding he's far from a professional) It'll be a good experience for you. It was for me.J
I wasnt trying to sound cocky. I honestly have no clue how much a punch from a 125lb boxer would feel and I doubt many posting in this thread do as well.
Seriously though, you should do this. Video tape it and we can all make sig bets here.It could be the FBG version of the Pros vs Joes thing. You should seriously do this.J
Hi Otis. Shtick? :kicksrock:Who wouldn't want to see this? J
I already have butterflies... :moneybag:

proninja said:
That being said, I have an ***official*** offer for Matsuki. He's considering moving to Seattle, and I'm assuming will come to visit at some point in time. I'll find a boxing gym with a good featherweight, do the legwork, and set us up the fight. I'll even show up and videotape it, so we can put this to bed.Matsuki, what say ye?
Make this happen, Guys. We'll host the video. It'll be huge.J
This would be fun. I will know this week if I am on my way or not... or so I hope.
Excellent. Start making calls, proninja.J
this has "best thread ever" potential all of a sudden

proninja said:
That being said, I have an ***official*** offer for Matsuki. He's considering moving to Seattle, and I'm assuming will come to visit at some point in time. I'll find a boxing gym with a good featherweight, do the legwork, and set us up the fight. I'll even show up and videotape it, so we can put this to bed.Matsuki, what say ye?
This would be fun. I will know this week if I am on my way or not... or so I hope.
:goodposting:Black dot all day, baby. Someone should start making book. Something like "Which bodily fluid will Matuski spill first - pee, poo, blood or snot?" would be a huge ratings winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of the time I mouthed off to a high school wrestler who was 50 pounds lighter, 5 inches shorter, and two years younger than me (18 to 16). I called him little fella, and he said he could make me call him Daddy if he wanted to. I laughed uproariously, and challenged him to a match, gentleman's rules. No face punches, no eye gouging, no biting, etc. We stepped outside into the grass and squared off with a small crowd and a referee. Within about 30 seconds, my left ankle and my right ear were in very close proximity to one another, I couldn't move my arms, and when I went to call him "Daddy" and officially quit, it came out more like "schwammffyy" because I was face down in the grass bearing all of my weight and his.

If you haven't been trained in hand to hand, you're going to get demolished by those who have. Size becomes an issue between two similarly skilled fighters. Skill >>>>>>>> size in fighting.

This reminds me of the time I mouthed off to a high school wrestler who was 50 pounds lighter, 5 inches shorter, and two years younger than me (18 to 16). I called him little fella, and he said he could make me call him Daddy if he wanted to. I laughed uproariously, and challenged him to a match, gentleman's rules. No face punches, no eye gouging, no biting, etc. We stepped outside into the grass and squared off with a small crowd and a referee. Within about 30 seconds, my left ankle and my right ear were in very close proximity to one another, I couldn't move my arms, and when I went to call him "Daddy" and officially quit, it came out more like "schwammffyy" because I was face down in the grass bearing all of my weight and his. If you haven't been trained in hand to hand, you're going to get demolished by those who have. Size becomes an issue between two similarly skilled fighters. Skill >>>>>>>> size in fighting.
:) , genedoc.Wrestlers are an entirely different animal but the same principle applies absolutely I think. J

For those who don't think 6 inches and 100 pounds make a difference, isn't there a threshold somewhere where the size overtakes the punching skill?What about 10 inches and 200 pounds?At some point I think we all have to coincide that some differential in size, weight and strength would tip the scale. I'm not sure exactly where that is, but 100 pounds of muscle seems like a lot to me.
Is rehashing posts from earlier in the thread a new schtick? :blackdot:

proninja said:
:thumbup: Well done PN.... make this happen!

what has longer odds....

matuski wining this fight (if it happens) or this fight ever actually happening?

i havent read the whole thing but im 5'8 267 (maurice jones build) and theres no way one of those little guys are gonna be able to take 1 of my punches. add in my reach and it shouldn't be a contest.

Damn, sorry I am so late to this party. Looks like the makings of some damn good shtick.

Unless you grab the guy and prevent him from unloading a punch, you are doomed. A boxer is going to not only know how to avoid you, but if somehow you DO connect even with a haymaker, the guy is going to have enough chin to recover unless you get just perfect lucky.

Now, when someone who is trained to inflict pain with precision shots when that is their aim connects to your barely protected chin, head or gut, youd be on the floor quicker than you can say - Come on shorty

i havent read the whole thing but im 5'8 267 (maurice jones build) and theres no way one of those little guys are gonna be able to take 1 of my punches. add in my reach and it shouldn't be a contest.
You assume you would actually have a chance of connecting. Which you would not.

which won't be a problem since there is no way you connect

Damn, sorry I am so late to this party. Looks like the makings of some damn good shtick.Unless you grab the guy and prevent him from unloading a punch, you are doomed. A boxer is going to not only know how to avoid you, but if somehow you DO connect even with a haymaker, the guy is going to have enough chin to recover unless you get just perfect lucky.Now, when someone who is trained to inflict pain with precision shots when that is their aim connects to your barely protected chin, head or gut, youd be on the floor quicker than you can say - Come on shorty
Koya, you're about 125, right? Why don't you give it a run?

Genedoc said:
This reminds me of the time I mouthed off to a high school wrestler who was 50 pounds lighter, 5 inches shorter, and two years younger than me (18 to 16). I called him little fella, and he said he could make me call him Daddy if he wanted to. I laughed uproariously, and challenged him to a match, gentleman's rules. No face punches, no eye gouging, no biting, etc. We stepped outside into the grass and squared off with a small crowd and a referee. Within about 30 seconds, my left ankle and my right ear were in very close proximity to one another, I couldn't move my arms, and when I went to call him "Daddy" and officially quit, it came out more like "schwammffyy" because I was face down in the grass bearing all of my weight and his.

If you haven't been trained in hand to hand, you're going to get demolished by those who have. Size becomes an issue between two similarly skilled fighters. Skill >>>>>>>> size in fighting.
:banned: :lol: :lmao: :boxing:

how many of y'all who think you can do this have ever actually feigned a punch or countered a punch during a street fight? These are skills that the average joe (even an average FBG joe) just doesn't have. If a big dude swings at this little dude and misses, which given their training at dodging punches is likely, a swift counter punch will be coming and would likely end the fighthe'd just fake a few times and wait for you to make a first strike, dodge it and you'd be done for

Genedoc said:
JZilla said:
If matuski gets permanently injured, can he sue Joe?
There will be a waiver involved, I'm sure. There's enough lawyers on the board to make Joe judgment proof. :boxing:
With all the legal studs on here, surely you guys can work me up something to cover my butt. I'll need it.J

you assume i have no skills. :boxing: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.

you assume i have no skills. :boxing: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.
Can you define "brawl"?J

*DING*Beefy.

you assume i have no skills. :rolleyes: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.
Most sim city experts can fight; my money is on Ned.

Joe Bryant said:
Otis said:
Joe Bryant said:
shadyridr said:
Joe Bryant said:
Hi Otis. Shtick? :rolleyes:Who wouldn't want to see this? J
I think we're in agreement here, GB. I mean shtick in a good way. Shtick is always good. (Unless it's bad shtick, which this isn't.)

you assume i have no skills. :rolleyes: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.
Most sim city experts can fight; my money is on Ned.
No fight is tougher than a city's fight for survival.

Can you define "brawl"?J
not much to define. just your normal fist fights.in the ring i think i could drop a featherweight when i connect on his jaw.

Joe Bryant said:
Otis said:
Joe Bryant said:
shadyridr said:
Joe Bryant said:
Hi Otis. Shtick? :rolleyes:Who wouldn't want to see this? J
I think we're in agreement here, GB. I mean shtick in a good way. Shtick is always good. (Unless it's bad shtick, which this isn't.)
:thumbup:J

Can you define "brawl"?J
not much to define. just your normal fist fights.in the ring i think i could drop a featherweight when i connect on his jaw.
OK tough guy...How many brawls have you been in when the other guy is a professional fighter?

Genedoc said:
JZilla said:
If matuski gets permanently injured, can he sue Joe?
There will be a waiver involved, I'm sure. There's enough lawyers on the board to make Joe judgment proof. :rolleyes:
With all the legal studs on here, surely you guys can work me up something to cover my butt. I'll need it.J
Regardless of what I've said (and still stick by) I will be doing this for the experience and to see for myself what a guy that size can do.With that in mind: I am not interested in a bareknuckle fight... I am not interested in hurting someone nor being hurt by someone (I'm up for whatever with gloves and headgear). I will box the guy... lets start with the original premise of the thread. We can do sequels or something if the boxing goes well!

Can you define "brawl"?J
Don't care how many brawls you've been in. At 5'8 and 260+ you won't have the speed to connect with anything but air against a competent boxer.

you assume i have no skills. :goodposting: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.
Can you define "brawl"?J
(1) You wouldnt connect on his anything(2) He has been trained to take a punch and I bet the pro's he faces, at their far lighter weight, can do at least close to and likely more damage than your punch, especially since you would be lucky just to glance him(3) Seeing as you likely wont even hit him, what happens when he connects with you, just enough to phase you... then he hits again. Then again. And again. Within about 3 seconds of each other.

Bump for Ned... he might have missed this.edit to add: turn the sound on if you have speakers...

Regardless of what I've said (and still stick by) I will be doing this for the experience and to see for myself what a guy that size can do.With that in mind: I am not interested in a bareknuckle fight... I am not interested in hurting someone nor being hurt by someone (I'm up for whatever with gloves and headgear). I will box the guy... lets start with the original premise of the thread. We can do sequels or something if the boxing goes well!
Awesome.

you assume i have no skills. :lmao: i've been in plenty of brawls. i can hold my own.
Can you define "brawl"?J
Don't care how many brawls you've been in. At 5'8 and 260+ you won't have the speed to connect with anything but air against a competent boxer.
:goodposting: This is the correct answer.

Users who are viewing this thread