What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official**** depression thread (1 Viewer)

I just found out that a good friend of mine's brother died Sunday night. He was only a few years older than me. I watched Spinal Tap for the first time with him.

My GF, his sister, I met in college and she ended up marrying a GB of mine. Hell, her and another gal practically lived with us the first semester of our second year.

*sigh*

I guess my streak of sober days ends tonight at 8 in a row.

;)

I just found out that a good friend of mine's brother died Sunday night. He was only a few years older than me. I watched Spinal Tap for the first time with him. My GF, his sister, I met in college and she ended up marrying a GB of mine. Hell, her and another gal practically lived with us the first semester of our second year. *sigh* I guess my streak of sober days ends tonight at 8 in a row. ;)
Damn dude. Seems like a lot of fellas you know are dropping out early. Sucks.

I just found out that a good friend of mine's brother died Sunday night. He was only a few years older than me. I watched Spinal Tap for the first time with him. My GF, his sister, I met in college and she ended up marrying a GB of mine. Hell, her and another gal practically lived with us the first semester of our second year. *sigh* I guess my streak of sober days ends tonight at 8 in a row. :goodposting:
Damn dude. Seems like a lot of fellas you know are dropping out early. Sucks.
Thanks GB. This year has actually been pretty good so far. 2008 & 2009 were freaking awful. My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :wub:

Lost the mother of one of my best friends growing up. Friend and I roomed together when we studied abroad in college and lived 4 houses away from each other for the last 4 years. I knew her mother well. I'm devastated.

#### you, cancer. Seriously. #### YOU.

Lost the mother of one of my best friends growing up. Friend and I roomed together when we studied abroad in college and lived 4 houses away from each other for the last 4 years. I knew her mother well. I'm devastated. #### you, cancer. Seriously. #### YOU.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I found out yesterday the breast cancer came back in a friend of ours.CANCER<FINGER

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me see:

I found out Saturday night from my GB that he has prostate cancer.

My good friend and employee's mother died last night.

My good friend and business partner's mother is on her death bed.

good times

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :thumbup:
I've been going to see my FIL twice a week for the last 3 months or so because he has been so miserable since having to leave the assisted living place. He has to get dialysis MWF and is wiped out on those days which is why I would go Tue/Thur and sometimes the whole family on Saturday or Sunday. I stopped by Tuesday and he was curled up in the fetal position just shaking. He is completely out of it now not knowing where he is and has lost all concept of time. Mrs. SLB has finally realised that her Daddy is going to die soon and is in the "anger" stage which I am catching the full brunt of. This really sucks.

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :(
I've been going to see my FIL twice a week for the last 3 months or so because he has been so miserable since having to leave the assisted living place. He has to get dialysis MWF and is wiped out on those days which is why I would go Tue/Thur and sometimes the whole family on Saturday or Sunday. I stopped by Tuesday and he was curled up in the fetal position just shaking. He is completely out of it now not knowing where he is and has lost all concept of time. Mrs. SLB has finally realised that her Daddy is going to die soon and is in the "anger" stage which I am catching the full brunt of. This really sucks.
:( Really sorry, GB. Anything I can do to help?I mean, other than give you teh sechks?

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :goodposting:
:goodposting:

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :football:
:banned: Really sorry, GB. Anything I can do to help?I mean, other than give you teh sechks?
Thanks GB, well,
I mean, other than give you teh sechks?
never mind.

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :confused:
Sorry to hear that SLB. My mom was on dialysis 3X a week for over 5 years and it's a very difficult process to watch a loved one struggle with. They're either worn out from the treatment or dreading the next one.My advice is to look for answers in the bottom of a bottle or the end of a pipe - the situation sucks so you might as well be good and lubed up...

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :thumbup:
Sorry to hear that SLB. My mom was on dialysis 3X a week for over 5 years and it's a very difficult process to watch a loved one struggle with. They're either worn out from the treatment or dreading the next one.My advice is to look for answers in the bottom of a bottle or the end of a pipe - the situation sucks so you might as well be good and lubed up...
Thanks, you too RWS.I just took a percocet.

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :confused:
sorry to hear that Robert.my wife got a call this morning from her Aunt saying that my FIL is dying. he lives alone in Europe, having fled the country when her mom filed for divorce to protect his hidden bank accounts. i've never met him, but from what my wife has told me he was a physically and mentally abusive corksucker her entire life. she is sad for her Aunt (his sister) but not particularly sad that her own father is dying. so if it is any consolation to you and your wife, at least you were blessed with a good man whom you cared about and who cared about you while he was here.

Captain Quinoa said:
My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :excited:
sorry to hear that Robert.my wife got a call this morning from her Aunt saying that my FIL is dying. he lives alone in Europe, having fled the country when her mom filed for divorce to protect his hidden bank accounts. i've never met him, but from what my wife has told me he was a physically and mentally abusive corksucker her entire life. she is sad for her Aunt (his sister) but not particularly sad that her own father is dying. so if it is any consolation to you and your wife, at least you were blessed with a good man whom you cared about and who cared about you while he was here.
Thanks GB, sorry to hear about your FIL.

My cousin and her husband went to the doctor on Friday to find out the gender of their baby--she was 20 weeks along in the pregnancy. Instead, the doctor informed them there was no heartbeat. They induced her yesterday, and she had to go through 17 hours of labor to "give birth" to a dead baby. Can't even imagine going through that. :yes:

My cousin and her husband went to the doctor on Friday to find out the gender of their baby--she was 20 weeks along in the pregnancy. Instead, the doctor informed them there was no heartbeat. They induced her yesterday, and she had to go through 17 hours of labor to "give birth" to a dead baby. Can't even imagine going through that. :(
Good friend of mine had to go through that last year, but she was something like 34 weeks in. Not good times.

My cousin and her husband went to the doctor on Friday to find out the gender of their baby--she was 20 weeks along in the pregnancy. Instead, the doctor informed them there was no heartbeat. They induced her yesterday, and she had to go through 17 hours of labor to "give birth" to a dead baby. Can't even imagine going through that. :thumbup:
That's awful. Pales in comparison to my problems, although I am probably handling mine worse.

My cousin and her husband went to the doctor on Friday to find out the gender of their baby--she was 20 weeks along in the pregnancy. Instead, the doctor informed them there was no heartbeat. They induced her yesterday, and she had to go through 17 hours of labor to "give birth" to a dead baby. Can't even imagine going through that. :goodposting:
I've been through this. Twice. It's ####### hell. My best goes out to you and your friends.

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :hophead:
Mrs. SLB got a phone call yesterday morning that her Dad wants to stop doing dialysis. She talked to him and he is of sharp mind and he said that is what he wants so she didn't argue with him. She's so strong. We went out to see him yesterday afternoon and I asked him again if he was sure about this and if he knew what this all meant and he said he did. I tried really hard to hold the tears back but I just couldn't. Cal saw me, brought me a tissue and said "don't worry Daddy, everything is going to me alright." That made me want to cry more but I choked them back the best I could. My FIL said "I can't walk anymore, I don't feel like eating, I can't dance and it's hard to breathe and that's on a good day." Then he said to me what I was thinking, after everything this man has gone through in WWII, this is how he has to go out. Choosing to die. He just gave me that smile of his and said "well, I guess it won't be long now."I don't know if I'm depressed as much and I'm just really, really, sad. My FIL is one of the greatest men I've ever met in my life. I feel so, so, terrible for Mrs. SLB. Her Daddy was so good to her, something I would never say about her mother that died 14 years ago. This 88 year old man also has a 62 year old girlfriend that is beside herself right now too. She is a sweet lady, the kid of woman he deserved his whole life.He doesn't want a wake or even a memorial mass because "he doesn't want to bother anybody with all of that nonsense."So Mrs. SLB, her brother and sister are making funeral arrangements. I never thought it would end this way.

High school friend moved to Argentina for her hubby's work. They were there for six months. They came back and their kids had contracted ecoli. They caught it quick enough in two of them but one died. 2 weeks from complete healthy to death.

Another buddy just lost his 11-year-old daughter to cancer and went through a divorce.

Good friend who I coach with is very active and was just diagnosed with MS (he had multiple concussions in HS and college football).

Sorry, had to catch up a bit.

On the flip side, the psychology teacher at our high school had me take a test she gives her students. She said it was the first time someone has tested out as "100% undepressable" (other issues to deal with of course).

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :yes:
Mrs. SLB got a phone call yesterday morning that her Dad wants to stop doing dialysis. She talked to him and he is of sharp mind and he said that is what he wants so she didn't argue with him. She's so strong. We went out to see him yesterday afternoon and I asked him again if he was sure about this and if he knew what this all meant and he said he did. I tried really hard to hold the tears back but I just couldn't. Cal saw me, brought me a tissue and said "don't worry Daddy, everything is going to me alright." That made me want to cry more but I choked them back the best I could. My FIL said "I can't walk anymore, I don't feel like eating, I can't dance and it's hard to breathe and that's on a good day." Then he said to me what I was thinking, after everything this man has gone through in WWII, this is how he has to go out. Choosing to die. He just gave me that smile of his and said "well, I guess it won't be long now."I don't know if I'm depressed as much and I'm just really, really, sad. My FIL is one of the greatest men I've ever met in my life. I feel so, so, terrible for Mrs. SLB. Her Daddy was so good to her, something I would never say about her mother that died 14 years ago. This 88 year old man also has a 62 year old girlfriend that is beside herself right now too. She is a sweet lady, the kid of woman he deserved his whole life.He doesn't want a wake or even a memorial mass because "he doesn't want to bother anybody with all of that nonsense."So Mrs. SLB, her brother and sister are making funeral arrangements. I never thought it would end this way.
Just got back from visiting. Man it sucks to get old. He told me that he wishes somebody would have told him he could quit dialysis 5 months ago because he would have quit then.Then once again, he smiled and said "the only problem now is that I don't think I've been good enough to go (points up) or bad enough to go (points down), I hope there is some place nice in between." :lmao: *SIGH*

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :(
Just got back from visiting. Man it sucks to get old. He told me that he wishes somebody would have told him he could quit dialysis 5 months ago because he would have quit then.Then once again, he smiled and said "the only problem now is that I don't think I've been good enough to go (points up) or bad enough to go (points down), I hope there is some place nice in between." :) *SIGH*
Think of it this way: He's going out on top, with his wits about him. You can't say that about many (maybe most) 88 year olds.

Think of it this way: He's going out on top, with his wits about him. You can't say that about many (maybe most) 88 year olds.
Yeah, I know and I guess that is what is sort of strange. Everybody else that I have known that has died, it was either some sort of disease, auto accident or sealed in an oil drum and tossed into the Mississippi. Point is, it wasn't their choice or if it was it was a living will kind of thing where they were so far gone it just didn't make sense to keep them hooked up to a machine.

My FIL had to be hospitalized with pneumonia again Monday. I have a feeling he won't be with s too long now. :bag:
Just got back from visiting. Man it sucks to get old. He told me that he wishes somebody would have told him he could quit dialysis 5 months ago because he would have quit then.Then once again, he smiled and said "the only problem now is that I don't think I've been good enough to go (points up) or bad enough to go (points down), I hope there is some place nice in between." :) *SIGH*
Damn.

:bag:

Am really sorry for what you're about to go through, SLB. I really love hearing you mention how good a man he has been to your wife. Not sure why, just love that you can see that and acknowledge it.

:)

:goodposting:Am really sorry for what you're about to go through, SLB. I really love hearing you mention how good a man he has been to your wife. Not sure why, just love that you can see that and acknowledge it. :lol:
Thanks YSR, she has been a very good daughter to him which is more than I can say for her older sister.They had a meeting with the hospice people tonight and they said he would most likely be unconscious on Wednesday and will die on Friday or Saturday. I'm going to be put under tomorrow so that they can jam more needles in my spine which means that today's conversation was most likely the last. #### me. :( :( :( :(

:(Am really sorry for what you're about to go through, SLB. I really love hearing you mention how good a man he has been to your wife. Not sure why, just love that you can see that and acknowledge it. :(
Thanks YSR, she has been a very good daughter to him which is more than I can say for her older sister.They had a meeting with the hospice people tonight and they said he would most likely be unconscious on Wednesday and will die on Friday or Saturday. I'm going to be put under tomorrow so that they can jam more needles in my spine which means that today's conversation was most likely the last. #### me. :( :( :( :(
Oh Bob. I am so very very sorry. :lmao: My thoughts and prayers are with him and your wife. I hope he lasts way longer than they think he will. We need more good people in this world.

today is one of those days.

Woke up in a funk. Feel like I could cry for no reason. Actually, I'm sure there are some underlying reasons but damn, nothing seems to mater today. :bag:

God I hate this time of the year.

:lol:Am really sorry for what you're about to go through, SLB. I really love hearing you mention how good a man he has been to your wife. Not sure why, just love that you can see that and acknowledge it. :(
Oh Bob. I am so very very sorry. :lmao: My thoughts and prayers are with him and your wife. I hope he lasts way longer than they think he will. We need more good people in this world.
Thanks Mrs. BSR. He is still hanging in there much to his chagrin. The guy is just too tough.

:(Am really sorry for what you're about to go through, SLB. I really love hearing you mention how good a man he has been to your wife. Not sure why, just love that you can see that and acknowledge it. :(
Oh Bob. I am so very very sorry. :thumbup: My thoughts and prayers are with him and your wife. I hope he lasts way longer than they think he will. We need more good people in this world.
Thanks Mrs. BSR. He is still hanging in there much to his chagrin. The guy is just too tough.
ugh. sorry to hear about this, slb. it's too tough actually being depressed AND checking into this thread... it needs more lolcatz and puppie-thingees/less depression.

Woke up at about 3:00 two nights ago with a stomach punch that our business is going to go under. I ran payroll yesterday and had to transfer $$ from our emergency funds to the operating account today to be sure we didn't overdraw.

My heart is now racing 24/7 and I can't eat. I have hope that we will be okay (if we can make it to February, 2011 we will be okay), but I don't really know.

I've truly never experienced fear like this before.

Thanks Floppy. I've been sober all week. That is about to change. I'll fax you a joint if that will help.
Woke up at about 3:00 two nights ago with a stomach punch that our business is going to go under. I ran payroll yesterday and had to transfer $$ from our emergency funds to the operating account today to be sure we didn't overdraw. My heart is now racing 24/7 and I can't eat. I have hope that we will be okay (if we can make it to February, 2011 we will be okay), but I don't really know. I've truly never experienced fear like this before.
:football:I'm really sorry to hear that YSR. Hang in there kid. It will be alright.

Sorry to all those suffering, hope you have lots of support around you. This thread brings up memories of my mom dying (she was having an affair, caught hep B and it killed her suddenly). Sometimes it's good to write crap down. Back on 9/11/09 I posted a thread about the situation - it was more of a poem that I wrote while sobbing. While the pain will never go way completely, time does help with the healing. I just re-read the thread now and it's scary how emotional and ####ed up I was. God bless all those suffering, be strong and you can make it through... no matter how bad things get just keep going and you'll see brighter days.

Sorry to all those suffering, hope you have lots of support around you. This thread brings up memories of my mom dying (she was having an affair, caught hep B and it killed her suddenly). Sometimes it's good to write crap down. Back on 9/11/09 I posted a thread about the situation - it was more of a poem that I wrote while sobbing. While the pain will never go way completely, time does help with the healing. I just re-read the thread now and it's scary how emotional and ####ed up I was. God bless all those suffering, be strong and you can make it through... no matter how bad things get just keep going and you'll see brighter days.
:lmao: So sorry GB.For some reason writing this stuff down is therapeutic to me.The four of us were just there and my FIL looked at me and said you better take them (our boys) and go. He just laid there with his eyes half open holding onto my wife's hand. I went to shake his hand and he just grabbed and held mine tight and said "I'm sorry Bob".I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I just couldn't get any words to come out so I just smiled at him, got the boys and left. :popcorn:

:( So sorry GB.For some reason writing this stuff down is therapeutic to me.The four of us were just there and my FIL looked at me and said you better take them (our boys) and go. He just laid there with his eyes half open holding onto my wife's hand. I went to shake his hand and he just grabbed and held mine tight and said "I'm sorry Bob".I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I just couldn't get any words to come out so I just smiled at him, got the boys and left. :popcorn:
:lmao:

Woke up at about 3:00 two nights ago with a stomach punch that our business is going to go under. I ran payroll yesterday and had to transfer $$ from our emergency funds to the operating account today to be sure we didn't overdraw. My heart is now racing 24/7 and I can't eat. I have hope that we will be okay (if we can make it to February, 2011 we will be okay), but I don't really know. I've truly never experienced fear like this before.
:link:Wow - I know you've put a lot of yourself into this. Here's hoping you guys pull through.

today is one of those days.Woke up in a funk. Feel like I could cry for no reason. Actually, I'm sure there are some underlying reasons but damn, nothing seems to mater today. :link:God I hate this time of the year.
:lmao:Just saw this; hope you're doing better.

:shock: Hoping for a positive update here. :(

:lol: I'm sure things will be fine, ups and downs...sounds like you're do for an up. I'm pulling for you.Bob>Sorry to hear about your FIL, but from the sounds of it he's in a better place, and it's what he wanted. No more suffering, no more watching him suffer. He's in a better place, whatever that place maybe.Krista>thanks a lot, things are better, I have a fairy strong knowledge of why I get like this, pretty sure I have S.A.D. I can't stand being around this area (read: north of the mason dixon) during fall/winter. I hate it. I hate all winter sports (except Hockey) and I hate the cold, I hate the snow, I hate how it gets dark at 430. I hate how I go to work and sit in my cube all day, only seeing sunlight for my commute to work. :sigh:It's all very minor in the scheme of things, this thread helps me to realize that by reading about other peoples problems, that dose of reality is sobering.

:lmao: I'm sure things will be fine, ups and downs...sounds like you're do for an up. I'm pulling for you.Bob>Sorry to hear about your FIL, but from the sounds of it he's in a better place, and it's what he wanted. No more suffering, no more watching him suffer. He's in a better place, whatever that place maybe.Krista>thanks a lot, things are better, I have a fairy strong knowledge of why I get like this, pretty sure I have S.A.D. I can't stand being around this area (read: north of the mason dixon) during fall/winter. I hate it. I hate all winter sports (except Hockey) and I hate the cold, I hate the snow, I hate how it gets dark at 430. I hate how I go to work and sit in my cube all day, only seeing sunlight for my commute to work. :sigh:It's all very minor in the scheme of things, this thread helps me to realize that by reading about other peoples problems, that dose of reality is sobering.
I'm certain that I have S.A.D., too. Luckily I now live in a place where it doesn't affect me. It's made a huge difference. Have you ever thought about getting one of those light thingies? I never tried one but know people whom it helped.

Aww, man, StLB. So sorry for your (and your wife's) loss. As I mentioned earlier, I really enjoyed the way you characterized him in this thread. He sounded like one of the good ones. :popcorn:

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Didn't read this thread yesterday. Sorry to hear about FiL. Hope the wife and kids are doing OK.
Thanks GB.
Aww, man, StLB. So sorry for your (and your wife's) loss. As I mentioned earlier, I really enjoyed the way you characterized him in this thread. He sounded like one of the good ones. :goodposting:
Thanks YSR, he really was. After Mrs. SLB went to bed last night, I got really wasted on Skyy and that helped.He always asked my why he didn't die a long time ago. I think it haunted him to some extent. Being shot at for 3.5 years in WWII, the invasions that you would be lucky to live through one, much less three. During the Battle Of The Bulge that were retreating while a Tiger tried to hunt them down and he stepped on a land mine, nothing happened. His buddy next to him did too at the same time and it blew his leg off. A mortar fell directly into his fox hole killing the other guy in there but he just happened to leave a minute early to go pee. He was exposed to asbestos and a bunch of his friends died from it but it didn't affect him at all except a decent check from a lawsuit. Just a ton of stuff like that. I would like to believe that a man as good as he was just deserved to live a long life.

Users who are viewing this thread