What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baklava Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Making me hungry and wanting to drive into Dearborn to smash some Yemeni coffee and pastries.
It seemed like every pizza joint I grew up with in my area of MA was owned by Greeks.

I had a cousin from out of town who picked up a pizza to go, and she came home and said, why the **** is your pizza place selling Baklava?

I assumed every pizza place in the USA had a glass cake display with Baklava on the counter. :lol:

Had some in Istanbul in November. It was way too sweet and I’m not a huge fan. Sign me up for all the Turkish delight though. Especially the pomegranate with pistachio.

Making me hungry and wanting to drive into Dearborn to smash some Yemeni coffee and pastries.

Bierut Bakery in Redford is closer.

Been wanting to try that Yemen Coffee..where do you get it? It is that different?

"Do they have hot Houthi specials?"

Been wanting to try that Yemen Coffee..where do you get it? It is that different?

I've never tried Beirut Bakery, might have to now. My parents still live in Dearborn so I usually stop places when I am there. Qahwah House is the best coffee shop IMO. There is a new place that just opened called Jabal which is really nice. I usually get mofowar which a medium roast with cardamom and cream. They have several coffees, usually some combo of cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, honey. Absolutely delicious. Which you prefer is mostly based on how sweet you do or don't want it.

There’s also a newish Turkish coffee place in downtown west Dearborn…Galata. I didn’t really care for it though

I’ll have to try a few of those others

I've never tried Beirut Bakery, might have to now. My parents still live in Dearborn so I usually stop places when I am there. Qahwah House is the best coffee shop IMO. There is a new place that just opened called Jabal which is really nice. I usually get mofowar which a medium roast with cardamom and cream. They have several coffees, usually some combo of cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, honey. Absolutely delicious. Which you prefer is mostly based on how sweet you do or don't want it.
Beirut has the best hummus. Stop by there you would like it. Nice people too.

I see there is a Qahwah House in Canton. Same owners?

If you go to Beirut pick up a bottle of their fattoush salad dressing too.

I see there is a Qahwah House in Canton. Same owners?

If you go to Beirut pick up a bottle of their fattoush salad dressing too.
Yes, they have a few locations now. I think they are even in Brookyln now.

Users who are viewing this thread