What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (6 Viewers)

Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

The tubby guy from Modern Family

The tubby guy from Modern Family's hot mom

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

The "#### you, #### you, #### you" guy from Half Baked

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Literally everyone who had at least a line in "American Me"

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
Full cast photo.
The guy in the hat looks like Ving Rhames.

Zow said:
Bogart said:
Good Posting Judge said:
Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
Full cast photo.
The guy in the hat looks like Ving Rhames.
Hell, no. It looks like Lou Ferrigno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Posting Judge said:
Zow said:
Yeah isn't suttee married with her?

Also, I was oddly satisfied with jax dying but those last two seasons were terrible.
This?
Sure. :shrug:

At the end I didn't want him to have his kids and I didn't want him to just go on with the gang because shows where there isn't a clear resolution are annoying. I was satisfied with him committing suicide.
It was a dumb and completely illogical ending.
It was probably an unfortunate ending, but the guy (through his own faults) knew he wasn't the right dad for his kids and knew that he was a dead man anyway through the mayhem vote or whatever. Suicide by going the same way his father was believed to have done made sense from a tragic hero perspective.

If you wanted smart and logical, he shoulda just moved to some quiet New England state with his surgeon sugar momma wife and ate lobster and played with his kids all day. He had like a zillion chances to do that. But then the show would have been boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Good said:
Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
You forgot Katey Segal with a tan.

Good Posting Judge said:
Zow said:

Also, I was oddly satisfied with jax dying but those last two seasons were terrible.
This?

At the end I didn't want him to have his kids and I didn't want him to just go on with the gang because shows where there isn't a clear resolution are annoying. I was satisfied with him committing suicide.
It was probably an unfortunate ending, but the guy (through his own faults) knew he wasn't the right dad for his kids and knew that he was a dead man anyway through the mayhem vote or whatever. Suicide by going the same way his father was believed to have done made sense from a tragic hero perspective.

If you wanted smart and logical, he shoulda just moved to some quiet New England state with his surgeon sugar momma wife and ate lobster and played with his kids all day. He had like a zillion chances to do that. But then the show would have been boring.
But there was always a pull for him to give up "the life", one of the central conflicts of the show was Biker Jax vs Dad Jax. Eventually (and definitively) choosing one or the other makes sense. Choosing neither is a massive cop-out, done in the name of putting a "tidy bow" on the series. Especially for a character that never indicated any sort of depression or anything. Non-depressed/non-nearly dead people just don't ever kill themselves.

Imagine if you had a conflict between your personal and professional lives, say your work wanted you to work more, and your wife wanted you at home more. The Jax eqiuvalent of handling this situation would be to get a divorce, quit your job, and start working at McDonald's.

Let's not forget that SAMCRO's pretty much all going to be wiped out by the Irish in a matter of weeks. Nice spot you left your guys in, dude.

"Good said:
Zow said:

This?
Sure. :shrug: At the end I didn't want him to have his kids and I didn't want him to just go on with the gang because shows where there isn't a clear resolution are annoying. I was satisfied with him committing suicide.
It was shocking coming from what had otherwise been a very well written and logical series.

Bogart said:
Good Posting Judge said:
Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
Full cast photo.
Blood In, Blood Out!

Love that movie.

"Good said:
Zow said:

This?
Sure. :shrug: At the end I didn't want him to have his kids and I didn't want him to just go on with the gang because shows where there isn't a clear resolution are annoying. I was satisfied with him committing suicide.
It was shocking coming from what had otherwise been a very well written and logical series.
:lmao:

The thing I didn't like about the whole series is how bad Jax ultimately became. He went from trying to get out of the life to straight up torturing people and killing members of his club without a moments hesitation. He thoroughly broke bad.

"Good said:
Zow said:

This?
This is a good point, although I think they could've pulled off a decent-ish ending that could've at least somewhat redeemed this show. Don't think they did.

Bigger choices aside, the green-screen bull#### was flat-out ####### embarrassing. That show raked in tons of money.

The show got worse on a pretty linear path from some time during the first season or two. It retained some entertainment value as pure camp, but it was the guiltiest of pleasures. The finale was the nadir.

Tig kept it light. This show definitely "Prison Break"ed, but I was too invested to let it go. Thankfully it ended.

Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
Full cast photo.
Blood In, Blood Out!

Love that movie.
vatos locos

This?

I kinda like the idea of a seasons dedicated to showing Jax adapting to life in Marthas Vineyard and starting a motorcycle club for wealthy wasps.

Initial cast:

Danny Trejo

Ponch from CHIPS

Cheech

Edward James Almost

John Leguizamo

Eva Longoria

George Lopez

Mario Lopez

Jennifer Lopez

Pitbull

Chong (cameo)

Kurt Sutero

Freddy Prinze III
You forgot Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen

Whaddaya think the odds are that there'll be a local land developer-cum-politician who is running for some office on an anti-immigration platform. And he'll have wacky hair.

AND HE'LL GET HIS JUST DESSERTS.

I think the Jax suicide at the end made perfect sense.

You have a character who tried to 'do the right thing' for most of the series. Wanting to set the MC on the legit course away from crime and honor his father's wishes. Not only was the series about how he couldn't accomplish this because of the circumstances but some pretty nasty things happened to him. Eventually, you have to figure there is a breaking point. On top of this was his desire for his kids to not follow his footsteps.

Now, I obviously don't have to make this choice but there is no way I could give up my kids and still live. That alone would be enough for me to kill myself. And in a way, that was a sacrificial love in killing himself to free his kids to a better life without the baggage of him. And the suicide would not have to be that hard of a decision because of all the terrible things he had been through and done but also for the fact that he knew he was going to otherwise meet Mr. Mayhem AND he could clean up the mess the club was in.

How does it not make sense?

My wife told me they are making a movie with Pitt staring as Jax's dad? And they are bringing Opie back? Not sure how that works, but it has my interest.

You have a character who tried to 'do the right thing' for most of the series. Wanting to set the MC on the legit course away from crime and honor his father's wishes. Not only was the series about how he couldn't accomplish this because of the circumstances but some pretty nasty things happened to him. Eventually, you have to figure there is a breaking point. On top of this was his desire for his kids to not follow his footsteps.

Now, I obviously don't have to make this choice but there is no way I could give up my kids and still live. That alone would be enough for me to kill myself. And in a way, that was a sacrificial love in killing himself to free his kids to a better life without the baggage of him. And the suicide would not have to be that hard of a decision because of all the terrible things he had been through and done but also for the fact that he knew he was going to otherwise meet Mr. Mayhem AND he could clean up the mess the club was in.

This is like reading an art critic review the poop a monkey smeared on the wall.

This is like reading an art critic review the poop a monkey smeared on the wall.
I went to a not for profit fundraiser a couple of years back. It was at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago. I ended up chatting with an incredible guy. He is a working artist (mostly sculpture) but he did not care to talk about art at all- we talked about how he was building a log cabin in the middle of no where Canada all by himself. He goes for a few months at a time. The travel to get there by itself was worth the conversation but then he was telling me how he was felling the trees and getting the logs (HUGE) to where they needed to go and all the adventures of various wild life, weather, etc. The guy is not young either. Anyways... the funniest thing is that we were walking over from the eating area to the area they had the silent auction and he turns, points to some pieces of 'art' and says "Does that make any sense to you?" I could not stop laughing.

Yea... that is my response to your post. :shrug:

Pretty sure the only people who commit suicide are a) mentally ill or b) near death. The severely disgraced too, I suppose.

The whole thing was insanely out of character.

Ok......blowing through this series (wife and I binge watching it on Amazon Prime) and almost done with season 2.

Love it. So much mindless white trash fun!!!!

I'm really tempted to make a SoA is better than Mad Men joke, but even I'm not that big of a ####.
Even though I have been told numerous times that I'm a dead ringer for the main Mad Men dude, I've only watched one episode.  Besides the obvious appeal of staring at my own beauty for 60 minutes/show, are the stories any good?

Even though I have been told numerous times that I'm a dead ringer for the main Mad Men dude, I've only watched one episode.  Besides the obvious appeal of staring at my own beauty for 60 minutes/show, are the stories any good?
Don't listen to Tanner.  It's quite good and yeah, you should watch it. I bailed after season one and had to force myself to get back into it but I was glad I did. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread