What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Clayton (1 Viewer)

SproutDaddy

Footballguy
What's happened to this guy. Last night was the first I've seen the Ravens this year, and he didn't seem to be targeted much. Is his non-production due to a rookie QB, or has he regressed like the other Clayton WR?

I was shocked at the lack of looks. Flacco had tunnel vision for Mason. Someone can dig the actual numbers, but i would be surprised if Clayton and Heap received more than 5 targets combined, while Mason had 12 to 15 looks.

After the week 1 game against Cincy I thought there was some promise there. I still think he is a talented player that was simply not healthy last year.

I do think there will be some regression to the mean between he and Mason's targets, but I dont know if there is enough upside in the offense to wait that long.

Dropped Clayton the other week. Just don't see the opps come his way with Flacco at QB, even less so after watching Flacco send pass after pass to his binky Mason.

Shame too, as I really like Clayton and think he has some real talent. He'll likely have to wait until FA and sign with a better passing team before he produces. I think he could really excel opposite a top WR like Wayne or Moss or TO.

Clayton has all the smell of a guy who will be an afterthought because of his slow career start and emerge as a boring veteran option in a couple years who puts together nice years once he gets to a team with a quailty scheme and good QB play. See the David Pattens and bobby Engrams of the fantasy world.

Clayton has all the smell of a guy who will be an afterthought because of his slow career start and emerge as a boring veteran option in a couple years who puts together nice years once he gets to a team with a quailty scheme and good QB play. See the David Pattens and bobby Engrams of the fantasy world.
I like this take. I've always felt that Clayton is a good player. He doesn't have the flashy qualities to become a superstar, but he's better than his stats might indicate.

Still holding out hope on this guy in dynasty formats...

He had 7 targets this week to Mason's 8 and the two of them, along with Heap all produced about the same (Heap 4-41, Mason 5-38, Clayton 4-37). Add in Clayton's 9 yard run and he had as many touches and more yards, so at least he wasn't an afterthought this week.

That said, even if he gets 1/3 of the Baltimore passing offense, that really isn't anything to write home about.

:lmao:

The Clay-dog is worth rostering in deep leagues but he's completely unreliable. He'll have 5-6 good games. The problem is there's no way of knowing which games those will be.

As a Baltimore homer who watches each game 3 or 4 times, here is my .02.

In 06, he had 5 TD's, two of which were off deflections in the Carolina game and another the result of a horrible blown coverage in the KC game. He has been average at best thus far. He is not a playmaker as I sometimes see him referred as.

He does not create separation on his routes. It does not matter who the QB is. He has some moves once he gets the ball in his hands, which is why he is used occasionally on reverses. He does not have blazing speed like Williams, or the knack to find the open space, a la Derrick Mason, someone with a similar body size.

If you have lots of free space on your dynasty roster, he is worth hanging on to, but I wouldn't stay up nights wondering why it it the Ravens don't get him the ball. They have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread