What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft-Week1/Week 2: Who are your BUY LOW candidates? (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
QB: Joe Burrow had a career worst, likely can't get him but it doesn't hurt to knock

RB: Devon Achane...Mostert was pretty average in a high scoring game with 7-8 lead changes, he has never exploded in the Miami offense, this guy will be on waivers, would pick him up

WR: Jahan Dotson, still high on him, Washington offense not dynamic but he had 7 targets, low production but that would fly in the face of what he did last year as a rookie. I would knock quickly here.

Who you got your eye on?

I know it's not likely the case but Bijan was under expectations and Allgeier had a good game so the Bijan owner might have some panic. Probably doesn't pan out but maybe put out a feeler

Dameon Pierce, likely just had the toughest matchup he'll have all season. Lost some snaps late in what was essentially garbage time, but not worried at all. He's the centerpiece of this offense.

Deebo Samuel, I think there could be people panicking a bit with the dueling big weeks by CMC/Aiyuk. Deebo will be fine.

Christian Watson, clear #1 WR in my eyes, that could be getting forgotten about a little, as he already had some doubters.

Breece Hall, more buy high in a way, because he's coming off a great game, but I think he could be an elite player. Some owners might just see the 83 yard run, and the Rodgers injury and want to tap out while the getting is good.

Josh Jacobs, just had a tough matchup. Still lead the NFL in broken tackles in week 1, and was tackled inside the 3 yard line twice. Still had a 21-2 touch edge over the other RBs.

Javonte Williams, was 50-50 with Perine in week 1, and that should only tilt more in Williams favor going forward.

Elijah Moore, looked like the clear #2 ahead of Njoku in the passing game. Of note as well, Moore, Chubb, and Cooper all were pulled in the 4th quarter, which to me speaks to where he's valued by the Browns. Its entirely possible he hits 1B territory at some point.

Jahan Dotson, numbers weren't amazing, but he confirmed he's the 1B in Washington.

Nico Collins, a favorite of mine in drafts, he saw 11 targets in week 1, and could have easily topped 100 yards with some better throws. Chances are Stroud improves as the year goes on. Clear #1 WR.

Jerry Jeudy, he's gotta get healthy, which has been an issue for him, but the path to being the clear #1 in Denver is his for the taking, and late last year, and every offseason report suggested that was gonna happen. I could see people wanting to get out on Denver's offense after Russ/Payton only put up 16 points, but I think that is very premature.

I know it's not likely the case but Bijan was under expectations and Allgeier had a good game so the Bijan owner might have some panic. Probably doesn't pan out but maybe put out a feeler
Well, it worked. I did just this and the trade was accepted. I offered Godwin, Bourne, and Mostert for Bijan and he accepted it. Pretty happy as of right now.
Should probably take that owner out to lunch/dinner after that one.

Well, it worked. I did just this and the trade was accepted. I offered Godwin, Bourne, and Mostert for Bijan and he accepted it. Pretty happy as of right now.
... and maybe offer a reach around?

Like I said, when a guy has huge expectations of a guy like Bijan and then Allgeier comes in and takes 2 TD's guys sour quickly. It also helped that his team is terrible and needs a lot of help. He started DJ Moore, OBJ, and Gallup as his three WR's week one.

Not that any of that makes it a good trade for him. But my original point stands. People go nuts after week 1 sometimes when star players (especially rookies) under perform expectations.

I kicked the tires on Gibbs, but the price was still top dollar. Also inquired about Garrett Wilson - same response. If he hadn't caught that TD I think I might have been able to pull something off.

Even the DJ Moore owner is being a little obstinate.

Jeudy practiced limited today.

Might be a week away, but if the owner is desperate for WR help, might be able to get Jeudy cheap.

I think there’s room to profit there.

Like I said, when a guy has huge expectations of a guy like Bijan and then Allgeier comes in and takes 2 TD's guys sour quickly. It also helped that his team is terrible and needs a lot of help. He started DJ Moore, OBJ, and Gallup as his three WR's week one.

Not that any of that makes it a good trade for him. But my original point stands. People go nuts after week 1 sometimes when star players (especially rookies) under perform expectations.
I wouldn’t sell Bijan for anywhere near that.

Imma file that under “sometimes there’s a reason teams get the 1.01”.

I wouldn’t sell Bijan for anywhere near that.

Imma file that under “sometimes there’s a reason teams get the 1.01”.
It is a redraft so not as high a price

I kicked the tires on Gibbs, but the price was still top dollar. Also inquired about Garrett Wilson - same response. If he hadn't caught that TD I think I might have been able to pull something off.

I tried to send Garrett for Gibbs in a league where I need an RB. No dice

Most leagues "dyno?"................give me Garrett Wilson over Gibbs.
However he sounded great, so Gibbs (to an rb needy team) is pretty appealing for a desperate owner. Nothing is dire yet (Dobbins etc owners) but in a week or two that "Garrett for Gibbs" might turn out to be lopsided.

:football:

offered Godwin, Bourne, and Mostert for Bijan and he accepted it. Pretty happy as of right now.
:eek:

Most leagues "dyno?"................give me Garrett Wilson over Gibbs.
However he sounded great, so Gibbs (to an rb needy team) is pretty appealing for a desperate owner. Nothing is dire yet (Dobbins etc owners) but in a week or two that "Garrett for Gibbs" might turn out to be lopsided.

:football:
:yes: I’m not trading Garrett for Gibbsin Dino - and I don’t like the jets but do like the lions.
Jahan Dotson to wire

He wouldn’t make it through a week on the wire. Might be a good way to get someone to use all their FAAB.

Users who are viewing this thread