What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 10 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Jalen Hurts (2)
3. Patrick Mahomes (3)
Tier 2:
4. Justin Herbert (4)
5. Lamar Jackson (5)
6. Tua Tagovailoa (6)
7. Joe Burrow (7)
Tier 3:
8. CJ Stroud (11), suddenly QB5 on the season, I don't want to push too high, but its clear his upside is through the roof when Texans go pass heavy. Hopefully they give up the Pierce dream.
9. Justin Fields (10)
10. Jared Goff (8)
Tier 4:
11. Trevor Lawrence (9)
12. Dak Prescott (NR), Dallas has come out of the bye with a much more aggressive offense, and has responded with his 2 best games of the season. No reason to think this doesn't stick.
13. Deshaun Watson (NR), looked healthy to me, has weapons and runs. May not be pretty but has hit 19 points in all but 1 game he's finished.
14. Sam Howell (15)
15. Brock Purdy (12), has been pretty rough since Deebo went down, hopefully gets going with him back. I think the offense in general misses those bunny completions that keep drives moving.

Dropped off: Geno Smith (13), been holding out hope given his quality weapons, but he's been unproductive ever since his injury scare, and really only had 1 great game and that was back in week 2. Kyler Murray (14), was the last omission, if he runs, he'll move up quick.

RB
Tier 1:
1. Christian McCaffrey (1)
2. Travis Etienne (2)
3. Austin Ekeler (3)
4. Breece Hall (7)
Tier 2:
5. Jonathan Taylor (11)
6. Tony Pollard (4)
7. Bijan Robinson (5)
Tier 3:
8. De'Von Achane (8)
9. Saquon Barkley (15)
10. Kenneth Walker (6)
11. D'Andre Swift (10)
12. Joe Mixon (18)
Tier 4:
13. Aaron Jones (23), saw 70% of the snaps last week. If he's fully back health wise, he could be in tier 3 next week.
14. Alvin Kamara (9)
15. Josh Jacobs (17)
16. Isiah Pacheco (16)
Tier 5:
17. David Montgomery (14)
18. Rachaad White (28), 20 catches in last 4 games, finally got in the end zone. Around 20 touches in every game they are in, and schedule is mostly good other than SF going forward.
19. Jerome Ford (30), despite Hunt getting the TD, Ford is re-establishing himself as the clear #1 in Cleveland. Was about a 65-35 split, now that Ford is seemingly over his ankle injury.
20. Derrick Henry (20)
21. Jahmyr Gibbs (12)
22. Alexander Mattison (29)
23. Javonte Williams (21)
Tier 6:
24. Chuba Hubbard (25)
25. James Cook (22)
26. Raheem Mostert (13), pass game work is drying up, and has been TD dependent the last few weeks. Achane coming back is likely going to give him even less work.
27. Kyren Williams (19)
28. Rhamondre Stevenson (26)
29. Brian Robinson (27)
30. Khalil Herbert (NR), likely coming off IR this week. I see no reason he won't get his close to his old role back.

Dropped off: James Conner (24), last omission. I was surprised to learn he was actually less productive with Kyler last season. Also wonder if he gets a smaller workload post injury.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Tyreek Hill (1)
2. AJ Brown (2)
3. Stefon Diggs (3)
4. Amon-Ra St. Brown (7)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (4)
Tier 2:
6. Keenan Allen (5)
7. CeeDee Lamb (6)
8. Cooper Kupp (8)
9. Davante Adams (9)
Tier 3:
10. Brandon Aiyuk (11)
11. Puka Nacua (10)
12. Jaylen Waddle (12)
13. DeVonta Smith (15)
14. DK Metcalf (14)
Tier 4:
15. Justin Jefferson (13)
16. DJ Moore (17)
17. Chris Olave (16)
Tier 5:
18. Hollywood Brown (21)
19. Tee Higgins (20)
20. Michael Pittman (18)
Tier 6:
21. Mike Evans (28)
22. Nico Collins (22)
23. Adam Thielen (26)
24. Jordan Addison (35), the gap between he and JJ was too big. Dobbs might also be a little better than I was giving him credit for.
25. Tank Dell (36), has really made it an argument to who is the Texans WR1. I do have mild concern about his snaps when Woods is back, but they will have a hard time taking Dell off the field.
26. DeAndre Hopkins (30)
27. Amari Cooper (34)
28. Diontae Johnson (24)
29. Christian Kirk (33)
30. George Pickens (29)
31. Calvin Ridley (23)
32. Zay Flowers (27)
Tier 7:
33. Deebo Samuel (32)
34. Terry McLaurin (25), maybe the guy I struggle with most weekly. He always feels like he should be a little better than he is. He's a WR3, but Howell seems to look elsewhere in the endzone.
35. Garrett Wilson (19), targets are elite, but there is no upside at all. He's a WR3, and I'm not buying the talk of Rodgers coming back this season.
36. Chris Godwin (37)
37. Rashee Rice (NR), hoping they decide to get him more involved after the bye as he's clearly their best WR.
Tier 8:
38. Jakobi Meyers (39)
39. Tyler Lockett (40)
40. Drake London (31), was coming on before groin injury. Will it linger?

Dropped off: Christian Watson (38), Jordan Love stinks and has trouble supporting 1 guy most weeks. Watson is too big play dependent and those simply aren't hitting. Jones is the only guy in GB with value in my opinion.

TE
Tier 1:
1. Travis Kelce (1)
2. Mark Andrews (2)
3. TJ Hockenson (3)
Tier 2:
4. Sam LaPorta (4)
5. George Kittle (5)
6. Evan Engram (9), 3rd at the position in targets, and has been horribly unlucky to have 0 TDs.
Tier 3:
7. Dalton Kincaid (7)
8. Dalton Schultz (NR), the entire Texans passing game is operating at high efficiency. This is probably close to his ceiling, but TE is thinning out with recent injuries.
9. Taysom Hill (12), GL runner who sometimes catches/throws passes has a lot of value, also has been a major thorn in Kamara's side.
Tier 4:
10. Jake Ferguson (11)
11. Kyle Pitts (10)
12. Cole Kmet (15)
13. Trey McBride (13)
14. Jonnu Smith (NR), he just won't go away. Still don't trust him, but maybe Heinicke makes him more consistent?
15. Logan Thomas (14)

Dropped off: Dallas Goedert (6), expecting him to go on IR soon, if not, still think he misses at least 3 games. Darren Waller (8), I think he may be out for the rest of the season. Why rush back for a team looking like the favorite to get the #1 pick in my opinion?

Nice, thanks for this. A few things I'd love to hear your follow up on.

1. Me and you were definitely Pollard pushers in the offseason. I still think he has huge potential, but I'm not sure I see him as RB6 ROS. What are your thoughts behind having him so high?

2. Gibbs had a monster game his last game, but then dropped 9 spots over his bye. Is it the fact that Montgomery is back? (However, you dropped Montgomery a few spots too)

3. Adams and Kupp feel high for how few TDs they've scored. Are you expecting huge TD jumps?

these RB rankings no longer make any sense to me.
I know I'm being VERY patient with Pollard and Bijan, but what other ranks do you think aren't sensible?

I have no idea how to value Bijan because I have no idea what the Falcons coaches are doing.
My thinking is that has to be getting to Smith right? Like its one thing to think fantasy doesn't matter, its about winning games (which is true) but he's not winning games. Atlanta started 2-0 and is 2-5 since, and that's been in the league's weakest division. I think Cards/Bye is gonna tell us a lot about this team. Rookies often get boosts out the bye, maybe that happens here. I just don't wanna move Bijan down, then watch as he blows up, with the talent we all knew he had.

My thinking is that has to be getting to Smith right?
He gave this BS excuse today:

Smith explained to reporters that the Falcons have not used Robinson in the green zone this season because of how defenses have attacked the Atlanta offense near the end zone. Against the Vikings in Week 9, Robinson had 11 rushes for 51 yards and lost out to Tyler Allgeier at the goal line. Allgeier now has 10 carries inside the ten yard line while Robinson has two. “[Robinson] played a lot of snaps (against Minnesota), and sometimes, his impact away from the ball can open things up,” Smith said. “For any rookie, the seasons are long. You’re going to have ebbs and flows. We’ll see how this second half of the season goes, but he’s been a huge part of our offense and he’ll continue to be.”

Nice, thanks for this. A few things I'd love to hear your follow up on.

1. Me and you were definitely Pollard pushers in the offseason. I still think he has huge potential, but I'm not sure I see him as RB6 ROS. What are your thoughts behind having him so high?

2. Gibbs had a monster game his last game, but then dropped 9 spots over his bye. Is it the fact that Montgomery is back? (However, you dropped Montgomery a few spots too)

3. Adams and Kupp feel high for how few TDs they've scored. Are you expecting huge TD jumps?
I think Pollard has had some unbelievable bad luck, maybe more than anyone in the NFL. Absolutely nothing could change about his role or play calling and he could have 5-6 more TDs. Including this week where his TD run was taken off the board on what was a shaky call. He's got about as nice a schedule as anyone going forward, and the Dallas offense has been cooking of late. I still think he's a buy-low personally, and he's likely cheaper than ever.

I kind of did a bit of a projection overhaul on the Lions, where I felt I was being a little too gung-ho on the running game, and maybe underrating the PA game. Correspondingly, I also moved Amon-Ra up a tier. I think there is room for both Lions RBs to be RB2s, with someone having RB1 production occasionally. But I can honestly say I don't know who. I lean Monty just because GL work is a little easier to predict than big plays. I have both (and LaPorta) on 1 team, so personally, I hope I'm underrating everybody.

I have no worries about Kupp at all. I think he'll be fine, and think something like 7 catches, 90 yards and a better than 50-50 shot of a TD is a fair expectation weekly for Kupp, though he likely doesn't have the pre-Puka upside of 12-150-2 weeks, nor does Puka with Kupp's presence. In Adams case, I'm slightly less confident, but he's also a guy who I think could still blow up at any time. I don't wanna weigh last week's game too much either, as I don't see the Raiders holding too many teams to 1 score, and leading throughout. I imagine they'll still be a mediocre to bad team and just happened to get the first game after a HC firing bump, and that coincided with playing the worst team in the NFL, who was stuck playing Tony Danza at QB.

As an aside the list of guys I find hardest to rank right now is:

Terry McLaurin
Deebo Samuel
Lions RBs
Garrett Wilson
Hollywood Brown
D'Andre Swift
Aaron Jones
Texans WRs

Could easily move any of those guys 5 spots in either direction.

A few ones I question:

RBs
Derrick Henry below Jerome Ford?
Bijan seems totally unreliable as well

WRs:
Amari Cooper at 27 seems a little low, he's gotten through likely the roughest stretch of his season without Watson and seems like he should be trending up, staying level.

I want to like Jerome Ford more, but 44 yards on 20 carries against Arizona’s defense does not inspire confidence for me.

The Aiyuk rank is intriguing. I like the talent but the Niners want to run and have Deebo coming back...plus no TD's for Aiyuk since week 1.
Are you expecting more targets (current avg 7.4 per game) and/or more TD's?

Henry is the one that sticks out to me, way too low IMO. Especially with Levis QB ROS over Tannehill (who was atrocious).
Currently ranked RB7 in my league (half ppr/half pp first down). Only getting colder and like you said Levis > Tannehill. Maybe Spears takes more touches but until Henry breaks I don't see why the Titans don't feature him.

I kind of did a bit of a projection overhaul on the Lions, where I felt I was being a little too gung-ho on the running game, and maybe underrating the PA game. Correspondingly, I also moved Amon-Ra up a tier. I think there is room for both Lions RBs to be RB2s, with someone having RB1 production occasionally. But I can honestly say I don't know who. I lean Monty just because GL work is a little easier to predict than big plays. I have both (and LaPorta) on 1 team, so personally, I hope I'm underrating everybody.

It's a pretty soft schedule in the second half until the FF Championship final (week 17 at DAL.) Importantly, every game is in a dome or a retractable roof stadium except for Week 14 at Chicago.

OL has been a hot mess, 7 different combos in 8 weeks; two of the three pro bowl lineman are back this week (LG Jonah Jackson and C Frank Ragnow.)

As a team they're now the healthiest they have been since the opener in KC - all 53 were full participants today.

A few ones I question:

RBs
Derrick Henry below Jerome Ford?
Bijan seems totally unreliable as well

WRs:
Amari Cooper at 27 seems a little low, he's gotten through likely the roughest stretch of his season without Watson and seems like he should be trending up, staying level.
I'll probably be in the minority, but I'm not sure Levis>Tannehill, at least as it pertains to Henry. The offense will probably have more big plays, but probably also more bad plays as well. I also think Spears stays pretty involved, which I think limits Henry's ceiling. I do think Henry is still one of the best NFL RBs.

In Ford's case, I think he's in a better offense, and I think Hunt and Spears aren't that far apart threat wise. Hunt's role is shrinking as Ford gets healthier. Yes the 20-44 isn't ideal, but 65% snaps, and 25% targets is. Bigger days will come.

Cooper could absolutely be 5 spots higher. That whole tier is kind of a mess for me. WR 2/3 guys, who are all pretty interchangeable. Its basically my tier of young players with target questions, and reliable vets with low ceilings.

The Aiyuk rank is intriguing. I like the talent but the Niners want to run and have Deebo coming back...plus no TD's for Aiyuk since week 1.
Are you expecting more targets (current avg 7.4 per game) and/or more TD's?
I am expecting SF to pass a little more often, if nothing else to lighten the load on CMC, and perhaps get Purdy going again.

I think the TDs will come for Aiyuk, and the targets increase ever so slightly. Unlike Deebo (and Kittle to an extent) I don't think Aiyuk really benefits from guys around him going down. I think his role is static.

ETA: I do worry I could be vastly underrating Deebo's rushing contributions in his ranking though.

Last edited:
I know I'm being VERY patient with Pollard and Bijan, but what other ranks do you think aren't sensible?
Henry is the one that sticks out to me, way too low IMO. Especially with Levis QB ROS over Tannehill (who was atrocious).

Probably bump Kamara up a tier or two as well.
I think Kamara was a sell high 2-3 weeks ago when he was the only game in town, and Carr's shoulder lead to mostly checkdowns. Now Williams is back (and taking more snaps by the week) Taysom Hill is taking all the redzone work (something I was always worried about) and Carr is throwing deep balls again. I think we've seen Kamara's ceiling.

Love your rankings as always.
Jerome Ford above Javonte Williams is wild. Williams is more talented, becoming a bell cow, finally getting healthy after a gruesome knee injury, and Denver’s offense is improving. He’s got the potential to be a league winner.

Jerome Ford above Javonte Williams is wild. Williams is more talented, becoming a bell cow, finally getting healthy after a gruesome knee injury, and Denver’s offense is improving. He’s got the potential to be a league winner.
I'd personally rather have Ford. Denver is a disaster.

I'd personally rather have Ford. Denver is a disaster.
I think it’s pretty overblown. They beat KC by 15 last game and are two flukish plays from being 5-3 team this year. Russell Wilson is 14th ranked QB and is fifth in TD passes this season. Denver’s offense has quietly gotten better with Sean Payton. Javonte has 42 carries over the last two games.

Javonte is on the radar, but I don't trust the gamescripts. They seem to have KC's number. I don't see them playing with many leads.

I agree Williams is certainly the more talented player, but I think RB is the position where that often matters the least.

I'm mildly surprised at the pushback on Ford. He's seeing lots of work and has the best defense in the NFL (arguably) preventing games from ever getting out of hand (DTR start notwithstanding) and he's a guy I've been slow to come around on.

I think Pollard has had some unbelievable bad luck, maybe more than anyone in the NFL. Absolutely nothing could change about his role or play calling and he could have 5-6 more TDs. Including this week where his TD run was taken off the board on what was a shaky call. He's got about as nice a schedule as anyone going forward, and the Dallas offense has been cooking of late. I still think he's a buy-low personally, and he's likely cheaper than ever.
I agree with this. This is the week though. He needs to score some mega fantasy points this week.

Not many QBs I'd rather have from a fantasy perspective than Howell. The fact you have him as a QB2 is wild (is wild insulting like laughable?). With that defense, his propensity to pass and run he's gonna be a fantasy goldmine. I'd rank him about 8th or 9th around Stroud.

Not many QBs I'd rather have from a fantasy perspective than Howell. The fact you have him as a QB2 is wild (is wild insulting like laughable?). With that defense, his propensity to pass and run he's gonna be a fantasy goldmine. I'd rank him about 8th or 9th around Stroud.
Think this is a reach to put him in Stroud territory.

Not sure how him as a QB2 is "wild" or "laughable" though. For reference, For ROS rankings, FBG has him QB13, Fantasy Pros at QB15, CBS at QB14, ESPN QB14, . All of these sites have him as a QB2.

Not sure how him as a QB2 is "wild" or "laughable" though. For reference, For ROS rankings, FBG has him QB13, Fantasy Pros at QB15, CBS at QB14, ESPN QB14, . All of these sites have him as a QB2.
He's currently QB7 and their defense has only gotten worse since last week. Plus he's been more consistent than Stroud as he's only had one bad game. I might even rank him over Herbert who lost all his weapons.

He's currently QB7 and their defense has only gotten worse since last week. Plus he's been more consistent than Stroud as he's only had one bad game. I might even rank him over Herbert who lost all his weapons.
Well I guess you're smarter than every expert site!

Not saying you're wrong or he can't be that, but you're in the vast majority if you think him as a QB2 ROS is wild.

He's also had a pretty cake schedule for QBs:

Philly (2nd most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)
Philly Again (2nd most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)
Chicago (5th most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)
Denver (6th most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)
Arizona (7th most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)
Atlanta (8th most fantasy points allowed to QBs this year)

The two times he's played a pass D that allows low QB points, he scored 1 fantasy point (vs buffalo), and 11 (vs the giants).

Well I guess you're smarter than every expert site!

Not saying you're wrong or he can't be that, but you're in the vast majority if you think him as a QB2 ROS is wild.

The two times he's played a pass D that allows low QB points, he scored 1 fantasy point (vs buffalo), and 11 (vs the giants).
I really don't care about expert sites opinions. They're all group think and take too long to move guys up and down the rankings.

I have no idea how to value Bijan because I have no idea what the Falcons coaches are doing.
My thinking is that has to be getting to Smith right? Like its one thing to think fantasy doesn't matter, its about winning games (which is true) but he's not winning games. Atlanta started 2-0 and is 2-5 since, and that's been in the league's weakest division. I think Cards/Bye is gonna tell us a lot about this team. Rookies often get boosts out the bye, maybe that happens here. I just don't wanna move Bijan down, then watch as he blows up, with the talent we all knew he had.
Those two were the most egregious. Having them that high, based on the data we currently have and, especially in the case of Bijan, his situation and opportunity (and idiot coach) is basically the equivalent of "trust me bro".

Also, re your comment on Kamara further down the thread: His "ceiling," as you've described it, was top 3 RB. He is not ceding meaningful work to Williams who is a JAG's JAG. He has a floor game of 10 points and you drop him to 14. Behind guys who have neither the opportunity or production that AK has shown. Kamara has a super safe floor and a top three ceiling every week (which he has shown all year).

Meanwhile, Pollard, who has been the biggest bust of the first round and candidate for bust of the year, hasn't scored 10 fantasy points in 4 of the last 5 weeks. And you have him as an elite option going forward.

Again, it basically boils down to "trust me bro".

Edit - there are more too. KWIII is ceding work rapidly to Charbonnet and has no passing work. Deandre Swift (who I own) is very pedestrian and shares time, especially in the red zone. These guys are not top 12. Breece Hall at 4? On what possible basis?

Those two were the most egregious. Having them that high, based on the data we currently have and, especially in the case of Bijan, his situation and opportunity (and idiot coach) is basically the equivalent of "trust me bro".

Also, re your comment on Kamara further down the thread: His "ceiling," as you've described it, was top 3 RB. He is not ceding meaningful work to Williams who is a JAG's JAG. He has a floor game of 10 points and you drop him to 14. Behind guys who have neither the opportunity or production that AK has shown. Kamara has a super safe floor and a top three ceiling every week (which he has shown all year).

Meanwhile, Pollard, who has been the biggest bust of the first round and candidate for bust of the year, hasn't scored 10 fantasy points in 4 of the last 5 weeks. And you have him as an elite option going forward.

Edit - there are more too. KWIII is ceding work rapidly to Charbonnet and has no passing work. Deandre Swift (who I own) is very pedestrian and shares time, especially in the red zone. These guys are not top 12. Breece Hall at 4? On what possible basis?
I mean... Travdogg is taking a lot of time to do the ranks and post them, you don't have to get so angry at him.

I mean... Travdogg is taking a lot of time to do the ranks and post them, you don't have to get so angry at him.

:goodposting:
I don’t think anyone is angry at Travdogg. It is called disagreeing and it is healthy. As a frustrated Pollard and Bijan owner, I wish Travdoggs rankings were correct for those two RBs but they are probably 5 spots too high.. Travdogg does an incredible job with his rankings but nobody is perfect. Let’s make sure we continue to disagree nicely to show our appreciation for the hard and thoughtful work.

I don’t think anyone is angry at Travdogg. It is called disagreeing and it is healthy. As a frustrated Pollard and Bijan owner, I wish Travdoggs rankings were correct for those two RBs but they are probably 5 spots too high.. Travdogg does an incredible job with his rankings but nobody is perfect. Let’s make sure we continue to disagree nicely to show our appreciation for the hard and thoughtful work.

I totally support healthy disagreement. The tone of that post seemed a bit over the top IMO (e.g., to suggest the quality of these rankings boils down to "trust me bro" seems insulting).

Its of note to me that Howell hasn't had his bye week yet. So he's QB10 PPG right now. All the guys ahead of him I trust more (except Cousins obviously) and of the guys behind him, I don't think he has Burrow's upside, and I also don't trust him as much as Goff.

Howell has also had arguably the easiest schedule to date for QBs, with only 2 matchups where he wasn't facing a bottom 10 pass defense. He laid eggs both weeks. I do agree that his situation is nice, its a pass first offense with a bad defense, but I'm still not at the stage where I trust him as a player. I could see an argument for him higher on his tier, to an extent, I am deferring to the track record of Dak Prescott, and to a lesser extent Watson and Lawrence.

Javonte is on the radar, but I don't trust the gamescripts. They seem to have KC's number. I don't see them playing with many leads.

I agree Williams is certainly the more talented player, but I think RB is the position where that often matters the least.

I'm mildly surprised at the pushback on Ford. He's seeing lots of work and has the best defense in the NFL (arguably) preventing games from ever getting out of hand (DTR start notwithstanding) and he's a guy I've been slow to come around on.
Wasn’t really meant to be a shot at Ford as he was the first RB inside the top 20. I like Javonte over a lot of the RBs you have ahead of him and found it odd he dropped 2 spots after he had 30 touches and a TD against a good Chiefs defense the week prior.

Again, enjoy the thread but just trying to give my :2cents:

In Bijan's case, he's RB14 at the moment, he's coming off his worst week of the season (I'm not counting week 7, as he was essentially inactive) so that feels like his floor to me. He's shown himself to be an extremely explosive player, as his over 5 YPC suggests, and he's still on a run 1st team. I get being frustrated by his (all Falcons really) usage, but I don't know that its just how its gonna be. Rookies tend to get more work as the season goes on, and as I said earlier, if/when he drops a huge game, its gonna look silly having dropped him so low. I 100% believe in his talent, he's seeing 2/3rds of the snaps, and I think he's a good buy-low.

Conversely, with Kamara, his workload has been getting smaller by the week since Jamaal came back. He's been getting there points wise, but I think there are reasons to think that doesn't continue. To be 100% transparent, I don't think 2023 Kamara is a special RB, I think his workload was what propelled him a couple weeks ago. That's getting smaller, and Taysom Hill (I think) has very much entrenched himself as the GL hammer. He's been about as effective as Hurts at it, only the Saints offense obviously isn't as good as the Eagles. I also think Kamara was seeing lots of looks due to Carr's shoulder injury limiting what he could do. Add all that up, and I think Kamara had a perfect storm to be an elite fantasy option. Having said that, I would start Kamara over Bijan this week for instance, but going forward, I see more upside with Bijan.

Pollard does kinda fall into the "trust me bro" category I guess. He hasn't been efficient with his touches like Bijan has and is only RB18 at the moment. In his case I do think he's been maybe the 2nd most unlucky RB for TD's (more on the 1st later) and I think the Dallas offense in general has looked more explosive since the bye week. The Dallas schedule is cake going forward, and Pollard is seeing 70% of snaps.

Kenneth Walker is the current RB10, and I can see reasons for him to be lower. I think the losing work is a little overblown as Walker has been banged up, and Seattle got blown out last week, so his workload has been a bit skewed, but its certainly possible that the door is cracking open a bit for Charbonnet to take on more work, I just am not of the belief that is suddenly a RBBC or something. I did move him down a tier this week, but Walker has been treated as a workhorse when healthy.

D'Andre Swift is currently RB5, and has had the worst TD luck of any RB, obviously the Brotherly shove isn't going away, but Swift has been tackled on the 1 an almost comical amount of times. Its all Hurts from the 1, but Swift is getting plenty of chances inside the 10. He's on pace for 57 catches in an elite offense, and while the yardage totals have been somewhat disappointing of late, there haven't been any truly down weeks. 3 other positives for Swift: 1.) He's the clear #1 RB on the team, Gainwell has been mostly a 3rd down and 2-minute drill RB. Throwing out week 1 where Swift barely played, its been about a 70-30 split. 2.) The Eagles OL is gonna be returning to full health after the bye week. They've been down Cam Jurgens and Lane Johnson has been playing through an ankle injury that most wouldn't have been. 3.) This is more anecdotal, but when Goedert went down last season, we all recall that DeVonta Smith took off a bit, but what gets forgotten is that was when Miles Sanders REALLY got hot. Sanders had his 2 best games of the season, and 2 of his 4 biggest workloads of the season during that stretch. I think we can all agree Swift>Sanders.

Breece Hall is RB15, despite barely playing the first few weeks. He's since left Dalvin Cook in the dust. Since Hall became the guy in week 5, he has finished 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 22nd in points at RB position. The 22nd featured an amazing 4 10+ yard runs called back via penalty. He's clearly an outstanding playmaker, and over his knee injury. He's also the clear centerpiece of his offense, and other than week 17 against the Browns, has a great schedule going forward.

I totally support healthy disagreement. The tone of that post seemed a bit over the top IMO (e.g., to suggest the quality of these rankings boils down to "trust me bro" seems insulting).
Exactly. Definitely seemed a bit over the top.

Regarding Howell you say his schedule was so easy. But he was responsible for 2 of the Eagles defense poor showing. So over 20% of Eagles results are due to Washington and they had some good games.

So it's like saying the top fantasy teams in my league are so good because they have fewest points against. But that is because they are objectively better so the talent pool isn't as good on the other teams.

Howell is leading league in drop backs and is 2nd I think in passa attempts. The pass defense was horrible before and now they lost 2 of their top pass rushers. They will be in shootouts and throwing. Think he is top 10 ROS

Regarding Howell you say his schedule was so easy. But he was responsible for 2 of the Eagles defense poor showing. So over 20% of Eagles results are due to Washington and they had some good games.

So it's like saying the top fantasy teams in my league are so good because they have fewest points against. But that is because they are objectively better so the talent pool isn't as good on the other teams.

Howell is leading league in drop backs and is 2nd I think in passa attempts. The pass defense was horrible before and now they lost 2 of their top pass rushers. They will be in shootouts and throwing. Think he is top 10 ROS
I disagree. I guess we will see how it goes.

I’m not. A big fan of this thread every week. He’s lost me though on the rb rankings.

I'm a Commanders homer.

Howell is not a top 10 QB RoS. He holds the ball too long and is slow to get rid of it under pressure. He's going to get sacked like 7 times tomorrow and have a crummy game. Sure, he'll throw it a lot, but he'll also have multiple turn overs and a lot of 3 and outs.

He's startable against teams with poor pass rushing. Great if they also put up points. But a lot of teams are going to eat him for lunch too. Seattle will dine tomorrow IMO.

Sam Howell was a contributor to those bad fantasy rankings for those teams.

Once again, I would like to point out your rankings of my players is too low. For next week please refer to the list below:
  • Burrow, Goff
  • Hall, Gibbs, Pacheco and consider Warren bc he's so consistent
    (40-20-29-18-25-24-35-14 average = 25.6....hey it's 23.6 the last 7 so, yeah, just consider it, OK?)
  • Chase, Waddle, Olave
  • LaPorta, Njoku
Thanks in advance

I'm a Commanders homer.

Howell is not a top 10 QB RoS. He holds the ball too long and is slow to get rid of it under pressure. He's going to get sacked like 7 times tomorrow and have a crummy game. Sure, he'll throw it a lot, but he'll also have multiple turn overs and a lot of 3 and outs.

He's startable against teams with poor pass rushing. Great if they also put up points. But a lot of teams are going to eat him for lunch too. Seattle will dine tomorrow IMO.
It really doesn't matter how good of an NFL QB Howell is when it comes to fantasy. Only once in the last 20 years has the attempts leader not finished as a QB1. In 2005, Brett Favre led the NFL in attempts with 607, but he threw for only 3881 yards, had only 20 passing TD's, and managed only 62 yards rushing with no TD's. And he threw 29 INT's. He finished QB15 with 11.5 fantasy PPG. For Howell to match that, he would have to throw 6 TD's, 20 INT's, and only 176 YPG, while running backwards 10 yards every game.

Once again, I would like to point out your rankings of my players is too low. For next week please refer to the list below:
  • Burrow, Goff
  • Hall, Gibbs, Pacheco and consider Warren bc he's so consistent
    (40-20-29-18-25-24-35-14 average = 25.6....hey it's 23.6 the last 7 so, yeah, just consider it, OK?)
  • Chase, Waddle, Olave
  • LaPorta, Njoku
Thanks in advance
I honestly kinda do think I have Gibbs too low. There's a part of me that thinks the Lions offense is about to really take off with the OL healthy. Kinda think both RBs could be higher next week.

Sam Howell was a contributor to those bad fantasy rankings for those teams.
You're right he was. But a small contributor (like 10%).

We'll see how he does ROS but I do not remotely think it's "wild" to have him outside the top 12 ROS like the consensus thinks

I'm a Commanders homer.

Maybe I'm just trained to abandon all hope as a Commanders fan. Looks decent so far today.

Users who are viewing this thread