What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 10 onward (1 Viewer)

I'm a Commanders homer.

Howell is not a top 10 QB RoS. He holds the ball too long and is slow to get rid of it under pressure. He's going to get sacked like 7 times tomorrow and have a crummy game. Sure, he'll throw it a lot, but he'll also have multiple turn overs and a lot of 3 and outs.

He's startable against teams with poor pass rushing. Great if they also put up points. But a lot of teams are going to eat him for lunch too. Seattle will dine tomorrow IMO.
Sacked 3 times

300+ yards passing, 3 td passes

Great call

I'm a Commanders homer.

Howell is not a top 10 QB RoS. He holds the ball too long and is slow to get rid of it under pressure. He's going to get sacked like 7 times tomorrow and have a crummy game. Sure, he'll throw it a lot, but he'll also have multiple turn overs and a lot of 3 and outs.

He's startable against teams with poor pass rushing. Great if they also put up points. But a lot of teams are going to eat him for lunch too. Seattle will dine tomorrow IMO.
Sacked 3 times

300+ yards passing, 3 td passes

Great call
I already owned my error during the 2nd quarter.

I think Pollard has had some unbelievable bad luck, maybe more than anyone in the NFL. Absolutely nothing could change about his role or play calling and he could have 5-6 more TDs. Including this week where his TD run was taken off the board on what was a shaky call. He's got about as nice a schedule as anyone going forward, and the Dallas offense has been cooking of late. I still think he's a buy-low personally, and he's likely cheaper than ever.
I agree with this. This is the week though. He needs to score some mega fantasy points this week.
Narrator: He didn’t.

Once again, I would like to point out your rankings of my players is too low. For next week please refer to the list below:
  • Burrow, Goff
  • Hall, Gibbs, Pacheco and consider Warren bc he's so consistent
    (40-20-29-18-25-24-35-14 average = 25.6....hey it's 23.6 the last 7 so, yeah, just consider it, OK?)
  • Chase, Waddle, Olave
  • LaPorta, Njoku
Thanks in advance

Warren currently RB10 on the Week

Has he ever been in the Onward rankings? IDK but he should be next week.
  • RB40
  • RB20
  • RB29
  • 8RB18
  • RB25
  • RB24
  • RB35
  • RB14
  • RB10-ish
average finish 23.89

RB1 - 1
RB2 - 4
RB3 - 3
RB4 - 1

Once again, I would like to point out your rankings of my players is too low. For next week please refer to the list below:
  • Burrow, Goff
  • Hall, Gibbs, Pacheco and consider Warren bc he's so consistent
    (40-20-29-18-25-24-35-14 average = 25.6....hey it's 23.6 the last 7 so, yeah, just consider it, OK?)
  • Chase, Waddle, Olave
  • LaPorta, Njoku
Thanks in advance

Warren currently RB10 on the Week

Has he ever been in the Onward rankings? IDK but he should be next week.
  • RB40
  • RB20
  • RB29
  • 8RB18
  • RB25
  • RB24
  • RB35
  • RB14
  • RB10-ish
average finish 23.89

RB1 - 1
RB2 - 4
RB3 - 3
RB4 - 1
He can take Pollard’s spot.

Gibbs last 3 weeks (with 1.5 games to be completed):
  • Week 7 - RB3, 9th offensive player overall
  • Week 8 - RB1, 7th offensive player overall
  • Week 10 - RB2, 14th overall
He would be a Top 10 RB on my list no matter where you rank Monty
But they won't be playing the Los Angeles Swiss Chargers Defense every week.
That was a fun game, one of the best all year, 24-24 Mid 3rd and there was so much more to come, I couldn't get up form the couch hardly.

Howell not a QB1?
Still say no. Was QB8 this week (so far), with Mahomes and Hurts on Byes.

He had a solid week. Tough matchups start next week.
Weird move to claim an actual QB1 to NOT be a QB1

Are you ok?
I said I don't think ROS, he will be a top 12 fantasy QB. Few do. And I still don't.
There are only 2 ways he doesn't remain a QB1 ROS.
1) Injury
2) His pass attempts dwindle

In 2019, Jameis Winston led the league in attempts and INT's, while finishing 2nd in sacks and 28th in completion percentage. He finished QB5. Simply put, it doesn't matter how good or bad Howell is, or how good or bad the D's are that he faces. If he continues on his pace of pass attempts, he WILL finish as a QB1. Think of it this way - would a RB finish as a RB1 if he somehow remained healthy and got 200 carries a game while averaging 1 YPC?

Howell not a QB1?
Still say no. Was QB8 this week (so far), with Mahomes and Hurts on Byes.

He had a solid week. Tough matchups start next week.
Weird move to claim an actual QB1 to NOT be a QB1

Are you ok?
I said I don't think ROS, he will be a top 12 fantasy QB. Few do. And I still don't.
There are only 2 ways he doesn't remain a QB1 ROS.
1) Injury
2) His pass attempts dwindle

In 2019, Jameis Winston led the league in attempts and INT's, while finishing 2nd in sacks and 28th in completion percentage. He finished QB5. Simply put, it doesn't matter how good or bad Howell is, or how good or bad the D's are that he faces. If he continues on his pace of pass attempts, he WILL finish as a QB1. Think of it this way - would a RB finish as a RB1 if he somehow remained healthy and got 200 carries a game while averaging 1 YPC?
Oh he absolutely will finish the season as a QB1 overall. We were discussing ROS from week 10 onwards.

No offense—as I always appreciate these lists and the hard work that you put into them—but I just don’t see any world where Dak Prescott can be viewed as a Tier 4 qb rest of the fantasy season. In my league—even taking into account his slow start to the season statistically—I think he’s in the top 6-7–and has been trending upwards with each passing game (pun intended).

Love your rankings as always.
Jerome Ford above Javonte Williams is wild. Williams is more talented, becoming a bell cow, finally getting healthy after a gruesome knee injury, and Denver’s offense is improving. He’s got the potential to be a league winner.
Javonte is on the radar, but I don't trust the gamescripts. They seem to have KC's number. I don't see them playing with many leads.

I agree Williams is certainly the more talented player, but I think RB is the position where that often matters the least.

I'm mildly surprised at the pushback on Ford. He's seeing lots of work and has the best defense in the NFL (arguably) preventing games from ever getting out of hand (DTR start notwithstanding) and he's a guy I've been slow to come around on.
Wasn’t really meant to be a shot at Ford as he was the first RB inside the top 20. I like Javonte over a lot of the RBs you have ahead of him and found it odd he dropped 2 spots after he had 30 touches and a TD against a good Chiefs defense the week prior.

Again, enjoy the thread but just trying to give my :2cents:
Put some respect on JAVONTE!

No offense—as I always appreciate these lists and the hard work that you put into them—but I just don’t see any world where Dak Prescott can be viewed as a Tier 4 qb rest of the fantasy season. In my league—even taking into account his slow start to the season statistically—I think he’s in the top 6-7–and has been trending upwards with each passing game (pun intended).
It may be part and parcel of the same thing that keeps Pollard toward the top of the RB list despite all visual evidence. The Cowboys are a pass-heavy team now and the rankings do not reflect that.

However, with the Burrow injury, Howell is now my starter so I would like nothing more than to be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread