What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

So you just watch games with no sound?  Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'm not sure I could do that.  Do you put the CC on?  Because as much as I hate the announcers, there are times they give out vital information as to what's happening.  So I feel like if I go with no sound, I lose some of that.
No, I just tune them out. They're not saying anything of importance. I'm just listening for the inflection to change in case of an imminent score.

So you just watch games with no sound?  Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'm not sure I could do that.  Do you put the CC on?  Because as much as I hate the announcers, there are times they give out vital information as to what's happening.  So I feel like if I go with no sound, I lose some of that.
With Indians games, I listen to the game over the net with MLB At Bat. Maybe a pitch or two behind. Not a big deal to me.

I think I've said this before, but I heard it again today.

"Drill Deeper".

#### you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worked up at all.  It's just dumb.

"Regards" makes sense. 

If you're using "all the best" in a work email, you're a do0shnozzle.

Sounds like someone actually uses this as a signoff.   :excited:
"Can't stand" seemed like it got you worked up.

I agree about regards...which is what I use if I don't use thanks (only use thanks if I'm actually thanking somebody in the moment or in advance).

I've always wanted to use "love" sign off and "my dearest" for the intro. My plumbing subs would love that

I switched to cheers.

Cheers,

Hack
Would this would be a good time to mention that I loathe when people sign each of their posts on the message board?  Yeah, we know it's you Tex.  It says your name directly to the left of each and everyone one of your posts.   

Cranks

With Indians games, I listen to the game over the net with MLB At Bat. Maybe a pitch or two behind. Not a big deal to me.
The crazy thing with the At Bat app is that the graphics are ahead of the TV.  But the radio is behind the TV.  So you can enjoy the game in the past, present or future... kind of. 

Would this would be a good time to mention that I loathe when people sign each of their posts on the message board?  Yeah, we know it's you Tex.  It says your name directly to the left of each and everyone one of your posts.   

Cranks
Cranks wins the internet!

"There are few things better in the fall than Thanksgiving Friendsgiving. From the delicious food to the quality time spent reminiscing with friends, it's a day where all friends, old and new, can get together to relax and feel thankful. And if you're hosting Friendgiving this year, then you are going to be thankful for these party essentials!

From decorations to creative ways to serve up your food and drinks, we have rounded up six items that every Friendsgiving (or Thanksgiving!) should have -- see them in action in the video above and shop them all below!"

Oh hell no....

DallasDMac said:
"There are few things better in the fall than Thanksgiving Friendsgiving. From the delicious food to the quality time spent reminiscing with friends, it's a day where all friends, old and new, can get together to relax and feel thankful. And if you're hosting Friendgiving this year, then you are going to be thankful for these party essentials!

From decorations to creative ways to serve up your food and drinks, we have rounded up six items that every Friendsgiving (or Thanksgiving!) should have -- see them in action in the video above and shop them all below!"

Oh hell no....
the war on Thanksgiving is unceasing

DallasDMac said:

Oh hell no....
I’m in favor of anything that means I’m not spending thanksgiving with my family

What do we think about “hangry”?

In case you are not familiar it’s basically I’m so hungry that I’m angry - hangry
It's one of the few words like this I'm ok with.  Usually I hate stuff like this, but it's such a simplistic word that has an actual meaning.  There are people who definitely get irritable when they haven't eaten.  To just say hangry makes sense to me.  I find myself saying this like it's a real word, not a slang word.

It's one of the few words like this I'm ok with.  Usually I hate stuff like this, but it's such a simplistic word that has an actual meaning.  There are people who definitely get irritable when they haven't eaten.  To just say hangry makes sense to me.  I find myself saying this like it's a real word, not a slang word.
That’s kind of where I’m at too - it doesn’t induce that nails on a chalkboard reflex and it is fairly accurate.  I have used it with the family - doubt I would out in the wild.

That’s kind of where I’m at too - it doesn’t induce that nails on a chalkboard reflex and it is fairly accurate.  I have used it with the family - doubt I would out in the wild.
Yes.  Never in the wild.  But with family and friends, I'll drop it without any hint of irony or condescending tone. 

I've only seen/heard of tiktok 2 ways:  1) When I'm playing a stupid game to pass time on my phone and it's a commercial I have to sit through or 2) when I hear the news that it's a Chinese app infiltrating our data.  :shrug:

Is this a person or is it a way to describe people?  Like, is it a single girl or is it the equivalent of valley girls?
as i understand it, a VSCO girl is just the new wave Valley Girl.  more or less the same criteria.  

my daughter tried explaining it to me and it sounds just like what i remember from the middle school years. VSCO girls are the girls who clique up that look alike, talk alike and are too cool for everyone and everything.

that's the broad strokes as i know it but.... am parent... probably totally wrong about it.

as i understand it, a VSCO girl is just the new wave Valley Girl.  more or less the same criteria.  

my daughter tried explaining it to me and it sounds just like what i remember from the middle school years. VSCO girls are the girls who clique up that look alike, talk alike and are too cool for everyone and everything.

that's the broad strokes as i know it but.... am parent... probably totally wrong about it.
I went home a couple of weeks ago and tried out some shtick with my 9 year old daughter. She's more of a tomboy. 

Me: Hey, what are you doing this weekend?

Her: Why?

Me: I was thinking we could go out shopping for all your VSCO girl accessories.

Her: No. NO WAY. I'm NOT one of those girls.....(walks off)

Me:  :headbang:

I went home a couple of weeks ago and tried out some shtick with my 9 year old daughter. She's more of a tomboy. 

yeah, my 11 year old had "meme day" at school a couple weeks back and suggested she'd be going as a VCSO girl.

when i said "isn't that how you normally dress?" she got pretty mad at me and didn't talk to me the rest of the day

apparently it's pretty insulting :lmao:

Do you pronounce it like "Visco" or do you say the letters?

Users who are viewing this thread