What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (4 Viewers)

"Going down a rabbit hole" seems to be the new catch phrase at our company. I'm not sure people even know what it's supposed to mean, but they keep saying it.
If I was a hot shot executive, I would just start making up words/phrases and using them regularly to see which of brown nosing, moronic underlings would just blindly parrot them.

I'm sure it's listed here, but...

"Easy peasy"

Just stop!!!!!!
It came up earlier in the thread, but overwhelming concesus was that it had serious legs and should be used more often. People here love the easy Peasy.
Judgement on "Easy peasy lemon squeezie" or "Easy peasy Japaneezie." I use the former more often, but the latter if I know the person I'm talking to isn't overly P.C.

"Easy peasy"

Just stop!!!!!!
It came up earlier in the thread, but overwhelming concesus was that it had serious legs and should be used more often. People here love the easy Peasy.
Judgement on "Easy peasy lemon squeezie" or "Easy peasy Japaneezie." I use the former more often, but the latter if I know the person I'm talking to isn't overly P.C.
Oh great stuff. May I recommend Easy Peasy George and Weezy?

"Easy peasy"

Just stop!!!!!!
Oh great stuff. May I recommend Easy Peasy George and Weezy?
Adding it to the rotation. Thanks!

"Going down a rabbit hole" seems to be the new catch phrase at our company. I'm not sure people even know what it's supposed to mean, but they keep saying it.
If someone said that rabbit hole thing around me I would tell them "sure thing Alice".
so you would confirm that you understand exactly what is meant by the metaphor. sounds like they're effectively communicating their idea. they should definitely stop that.

If someone said that rabbit hole thing around me I would tell them "sure thing Alice".
so you would confirm that you understand exactly what is meant by the metaphor. sounds like they're effectively communicating their idea. they should definitely stop that.
As long as I keep calling the guy Alice I think he'll stop sooner or later.

What if they're not using it correctly?

well what does it mean? why not a gopher hole?

How many gophers were in Alice in Wonderland?

There were hedgehogs. They're kind of like gophers.

then they won't understand why he's calling them Alice.

Just the three (and one halfbreed) in the book; Burton added 50 or so more (Cgi) for his film take.

The term "smoke show", referring to an attractive woman, should be shot, killed, hung, shot again, and then buried 30 feet into the ground.
Goes back to the days of strippers though. Rooms would be filled with cigarette and cigar smoke. There is a scene in the Altman movie "Nashville" where Ned Beatty's character says,"we're going to need to put on a smoker..." and they cut a little while later to a strip show.

Leroy Hoard said:
shuke said:
And I would respond...

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

I'm sure this had been hashed out in here but "_____-gate" applied to every frigging scandal is driving me insane lately.

The assertion that people that disagree with you or piss you off in some way deserve to die. It's over the top rhetoric that makes you sound a thousand times worse than whatever the guy driving in front of you, or the woman in line at the grocery store, or the guy who texts in a theater, did.

The assertion that people that disagree with you or piss you off in some way deserve to die. It's over the top rhetoric that makes you sound a thousand times worse than whatever the guy driving in front of you, or the woman in line at the grocery store, or the guy who texts in a theater, did.
worse than genocide.

worse than genocide.
Maybe not that :D Okay, if someone kills a room full of people and you say that person deserves to die, that's fine ;) I just don't think "that guy didn't get out of my way, he deserves to die" is reasonable, even rhetorically. It's a great way to convince someone you're a d-bag, actually. IMO.

Please tell me 'bro' is at least dying. I work at a college so my perception is distorted. I keep waiting for it to go and it keeps coming back.

Not sure if it's a phrase/term, but I've noticed lots of girls/women do this thing now where they end words with an extra "uhhhh" for emphasis. For example, "oh my goduhhhh!" Or even simply responding to a question with "Nouhhhhhh!"

I'd like that to stop.

Not sure if it's a phrase/term, but I've noticed lots of girls/women do this thing now where they end words with an extra "uhhhh" for emphasis. For example, "oh my goduhhhh!" Or even simply responding to a question with "Nouhhhhhh!"

I'd like that to stop.
Maria Menounos :wub:

"No worries." Now in virtually universal usage. Began as a sub for the somewhat-off (but not utterly obnoxious) "no problem," and now seems to have expanded in deployment. I offered to help a woman at the post office a few days ago who was confused about how to do something and got "no worries" in response. WTF? I wasn't "worried;" you were. Saying "no worries" to someone in any context, though, is basically the same as saying "relax" or "calm down," when the recipient is hardly ever manifesting any anxiety at all.

Awful.

"No worries." Now in virtually universal usage. Began as a sub for the somewhat-off (but not utterly obnoxious) "no problem," and now seems to have expanded in deployment. I offered to help a woman at the post office a few days ago who was confused about how to do something and got "no worries" in response. WTF? I wasn't "worried;" you were. Saying "no worries" to someone in any context, though, is basically the same as saying "relax" or "calm down," when the recipient is hardly ever manifesting any anxiety at all.

Awful.
This is pretty much the fault of Australians.

If we keep retiring phrases, what will people say? We might have to actually come up with original thoughts. Perhaps every banned phrase should include a replacement, "phrases that should be used immediately".

Users who are viewing this thread