What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

live Grateful Dead (2 Viewers)

[SIZE=10.5pt]So this is not going to be an anti hallucinogenic story because I still think they can be a whole lot of fun under the right circumstances. But as you get older and you are having real life anxieties, damn if there isn't a pandora's box that should remain firmly shut. Looking back on it, I am having a lot of laughs but it was really scary at the time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The night started out fine, I was on a mission to find some blotter. Found this old head in the parking lot, who stamped my hand with who knows how many micrograms of liquid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For a while things were normal. I met the great Fullback Fro in the parking lot and had a beer with him. If you want someone to play frisbee with or hackey sack, Fro is your guy. He is a savant of the picnic game, probably owns a croquet set. No doubt he's a great Cornhole player or even an indooor parlor game so you should definitely invite him to your next outing. As my mind was starting to wander and I didn't.want to be the one who killed the hackey sack circle, I left to find a friend. Next time the beer is on me Fro, hope to see you at Phish in a few weeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This is where things started to go a little awry. For whatever reason, I could not hook up with my friend and was on my own so a little anxiety started creeping in. It was pretty much a complete #### show trying to get into the stadium. TSA is a breeze in comparison. Waiting in that line to get through the metal detector wall to wall with people felt like an hour and I was starting to get dehydrated.[/SIZE]

.....to be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10.5pt]I got inside and felt free for a brief second but all I wanted was water. As I walked from vendor to vendor every line was like 30 people deep. It was pretty much like this stadium built for the NFL had never had a large crowd before. Looking back this is most likely where the damage was done but I was managing the stress for the first set. The last thing I remember when I was in a decent frame of mind was Viola Lee Blues at the end of the first set.

At setbreak, a panic attack rushed over me like I have never felt before and never want to again. I pretty much knew it was a panic attack but had this lingering doubt that I might be really ill, like near death. I tried to call my wife and talk to her. During the conversation, my phone pretty much died, disconnected. That was the end all to any sane thought I had left. I equated not being able to talk to my wife with dying and the fact that our conversation ended, meant I was now in the afterlife.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I spent the next half an hour talking to various people, trying to get assured that I wasn’t really dead and wasn’t about to die. I kept asking them if I was freaking them out, they kept telling me that they weren’t. Now I’m wondering if they weren’t more screwed up than me because any normal person would have moved to have me committed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Somehow I met this girl who had a bunch of crystals in her pocket. She assured me that if I rubbed the jade one, all my anxiety would go away. I caressed that little green rock hoping for a miracle, It didn’t work. I asked her if she would call my wife. She obliged. I have since listened to the voicemail she left my wife and I am laughing my ### off. The last thing I remember is her advice not to crawl back into the hole, once she left, it was back on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Next thing I know I’m talking to this dude who is trying to pump me up with some motivational speaking. He is telling me to get a grip on myself, and that a therapist is going to be the best thing for me going forward because it works for him. Honestly I appreciated the effort. During this conversation I unknowingly gave him a phone number and not my own. This week my wife has been receiving random texts as he has been checking in to see if I ended up okay. A win for humanity? You really can't make this stuff up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I decided to try one last time to go into the stadium and get back into the show. Walked into the spacey Darkstar and that did nothing for me, most likely made it worse.

It wasn't long after, I remember some fireworks. I had a weird sensation that my body was cracking into pieces like a broken mirror.[/SIZE]

So I’m still convinced I could be dead and decided the best thing to do was talk to the police and let them know what Im going through. This could have turned out to be the dumbest move I made all night but a cop walked me into first aid. Can’t say I have anything bad to say about the police at this time.

[SIZE=10.5pt]...will finish this up at some point..[/SIZE]

:lmao:

been there good buddy. sucks when you are in it but it is sometimes joyful to look back on how ####ed you were.

I don't really have any desire to trip these days, but solo in a huge crowd like that seems like a bad trip waiting to happen. Especially solo.

I have heard the voicemail and it is pretty comical, complete with the random hippy girl telling JTC's wife that JTC is going to come to her with open arms at the end of the night.

I am glad you are okay though and best to look back with laughter at it all. Looking forward to the conclusion though, I know what happens but the detailed reporting you are providing here is helping to fill in some blanks from the oral version I heard.

Had an instrument of God and am I alive or dead wait I'm not anything but plasma in the primordial goo trip in my last few and it was instrumental in me hanging up my L wings for good. Glad you were able to jog back to us Jeff.

U2 closed with 40 last night and Bono dedicated it to jerry and hunter.

JTC thanks for confirming why this 47 year old should continue to resist the temptation for one last trip. Glad you made back to the land of the living.

::sigh::

I would love to trip at one of these shows this weekend. I am 41 and I think it would be an awesome experience. Every time I tripped at live music I have had nothing but a great time. Cannot imagine what the vibe of a dead show would be like.

So are there free video streams tonight? Going to be listening via Sattelite radio but the vacation house I'm at in Maine has a smart TV so would like to stream video as well if possible.

I'm wondering if it's worth the 18-20 bucks to go to terrapin or sweet water and watch, can the sound be that much better there?

Baloney Sandwich said:
So are there free video streams tonight? Going to be listening via Sattelite radio but the vacation house I'm at in Maine has a smart TV so would like to stream video as well if possible.
I'll be in Rangeley Maine tomorrow night. Come on over. I got the video stream. :hophead:

Jefferson the Caregiver said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
This was the first thing I thought of when I was texting with JTC around 5:30am EST the night of the incident...around the 2 minute mark is what I'm talking about:https://screen.yahoo.com/ask-president-carter-000000735.html
:lmao: Would have been nice to run into President Carter and in my state that was even a possibility. Would have been a calming voice in a sea of madness.
Haaaaave aaaaaa peeeeeeanut, it will make everyyyyyyything allllll betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Baloney Sandwich said:
So are there free video streams tonight? Going to be listening via Sattelite radio but the vacation

house I'm at in Maine has a smart TV so would like to stream video as well if possible.
I'll be in Rangeley Maine tomorrow night. Come on over. I got the video stream. :hophead:
I'm in Kennebunkport so that would be a heck of ride. Appreciate the invite though.

I have the xm in my car but no stream. I am at the beach sitting in my car listening. What time is it starting? Wife said the chicken is done. Have fun.

Mickey and Billy are really holding the band back. They are not in rhythm for all shows so far.

First set tonight was decent. Thought Jackstraw and Passenger were the highlights.

I can barely hear Hornsby and Chimenti too. Passenger was the first time they really had any stand out moments. Not sure what the deal is there but they should be a little more prominent.

Last night's soundcheck.

Box Of Rain, Music Never Stopped jam, Crazy Fingers, Mason's Children, New Potato Caboose, Let It Grow, Help On The Way, Slipknot!, Lost Sailor

Wonder where Frank went.

Users who are viewing this thread