What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

live Grateful Dead (2 Viewers)

And I'm sure the DVD/Blu Ray combo pack will be available for your holiday shopping needs as well. Hopefully we'll still be able to freely trade these shows via dime and traders den.

Buttonhook said:
If the 5-show package is $80, then I assume they'll charge $20/show or so.

I got good tickets for June 28.
You are dreaming if you think its going to be that cheap. I bet its between $50-75 a show

Buttonhook said:
If the 5-show package is $80, then I assume

they'll charge $20/show or so.

I got good tickets for June 28.
You are dreaming if you think its going to be that cheap. I bet its between $50-75 a show
They are not charging $50-75 for a single show when you can buy all 5 for $80. I would be shocked if it is higher than $29.95 per show.

Are people really going to go to movie theaters and watch this? The Grateful Dead movie, which was arguably the high point musically of the Dead is a boring watch. Never been a fan of watching concerts on screen though, so maybe that's just me. I continue to be baffled at these shows. I tried mail order for $95 PITs and got shut out. Feel completely fine about missing it. $200 face for back of the stadium GA's is laughable, not to mention the grand or so they are going for on the secondary for Chicago. $400+ for no-view? Crazy. I suppose people want to say they were "there" for the "last" shows, and I kind of get that, but I was at Soldier for Jerry's last show, and I gotta say, that was one of the worst Dead shows I saw.

The good news is that Bob and Phil will be back out there after these shows. Playing small theaters, to small crowds like before. A lot of interesting rumors about Bob playing with different musicians in the coming year. I'm going to check out JRAD in Chicago tomorrow night for a cheap Dead fix. Looking forward to that too.

Are people really going to go to movie theaters and watch this? The Grateful Dead movie, which was arguably the high point musically of the Dead is a boring watch. Never been a fan of watching concerts on screen though, so maybe that's just me. I continue to be baffled at these shows. I tried mail order for $95 PITs and got shut out. Feel completely fine about missing it. $200 face for back of the stadium GA's is laughable, not to mention the grand or so they are going for on the secondary for Chicago. $400+ for no-view? Crazy. I suppose people want to say they were "there" for the "last" shows, and I kind of get that, but I was at Soldier for Jerry's last show, and I gotta say, that was one of the worst Dead shows I saw.

The good news is that Bob and Phil will be back out there after these shows. Playing small theaters, to small crowds like before. A lot of interesting rumors about Bob playing with different musicians in the coming year. I'm going to check out JRAD in Chicago tomorrow night for a cheap Dead fix. Looking forward to that too.
JRAD ####### rocks. Enjoy your show - be interested in your review.

They were really fun. Great energy. I always liked the uptempo sound of the single drummer Dead eras, and these guys have that. I'd see them again anytime they come around.

4.24.15 Concord Music Hall, Chicago, IL

Set One

The Music Never Stopped (SM) >

Here Comes Sunshine * (TH) >

Throwing Stones # (SM)

Scarlet Begonias >

Fire On The Mountain (TH)

Ophelia (SM)

Set Two

Alligator (SM) >

Crazy Fingers (TH) >

Mr Charlie (SM) >

King Solomon’s Marbles >

Morning Dew (TH)

Franklin’s Tower

E:

Bertha (TH)

They were really fun. Great energy. I always liked the uptempo sound of the single drummer Dead eras, and these guys have that. I'd see them again anytime they come around.4.24.15 Concord Music Hall, Chicago, IL

Set OneThe Music Never Stopped (SM) >

Here Comes Sunshine * (TH) >

Throwing Stones # (SM)

Scarlet Begonias >

Fire On The Mountain (TH)

Ophelia (SM)

Set Two

Alligator (SM) >

Crazy Fingers (TH) >

Mr Charlie (SM) >

King Solomon’s Marbles >

Morning Dew (TH)

Franklin’s Tower

E:

Bertha (TH)
I've already listen to this show twice via archive.org. Great show - heat Throwing Stones in particular is outstanding.

LINK

Pay-Per View Exclusive: Get ALL 5 Nights for $79.95*

June 27th

Santa Clara, CA

$19.95

June 28th

Santa Clara, CA

$19.95

July 3rd

Chicago, IL

$29.95

July 4th

Chicago, IL

$29.95

July 5th

Chicago, IL

$29.95

Pittsburgh fans can catch a double bill of Grateful Dead cover bands tonight at the Rex Theater on the South Side. theCAUSE opens up for Terrapin Flyer at 8PM. Should be a good show. $25.

Had a lysergic experience in high school involving that Cape Cod Dancin'>Franklins on a Nak Dragon. That is some otherworldly ####.

Yep - $699 is crazy.

Rumor has it that a hard drive and a six pack can get you the entire GD catalog from someone whose name rhymes with CommieTonz. :cough-cough:

That's a lot of scratch for shows that are probably already easily found in SBD elsewhere.
yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Seems like a bit of overkill and latching on the the whole 50th thing.

The thing about the GD is that played some really bad shows. I mean some godawful nails on the chalkboard type stuff. But when they were on there was a certain poetry about their music and its a must listen. since they have so many shows out there I just will pick a show I read about here or on their boards and give it a twirl. The guys on sirius do a good talk show and go into the history and timing of particular shows as well. Really informative. Paying $700 for some cd's seems excessive

While I know they are not actual "shows" but Dozin at the knick and live without a net are just remarkable albums.

Last edited by a moderator:
gunz, you really think you have this stuff in the quality it's going to be released in?
No. I haven't analyzed my library, but I have a ton of soundboards and it's supposedly the full catalog. I'm sure this $700 box is outstanding, but that's a grip.

i'm not spending it, but was a daily participant on LMA for just about the entire stretch the soundboards were all there and know many of them pre-Charlie Miller and otherwise and these releases have been phenomenal. especially the multitrack stuff.

and of course, the non-release boards in all their most recent glory have been there for streaming even since that dark day.

This appears to be the show list:

1966 - 7/3, Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

1967 - 11/10, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA

1968 - 10/20, Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA

1969 - 2/22, The Dream Bowl, Vallejo, CA

1970 - 4/15, Winterland, San Francisco, CA

1971 - 3/18, Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO

1972 - 9/24, Palace Theater, Waterbury, CT

1973 - 11/14, San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA

1974 - 9/18, Parc des Expositions, Dijon, France

1975 - 9/28, Lindley Meadows, Golden gate Park, San Francisco, CA

1976 - 10/3, Cobo Arena, Detroit, MI

1977 - 4/25, Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ

1978 - 5/14, Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI

1979 - 10/27, Cape Cod Coliseum, South Yarmouth, MA

1980 - 11/28, Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, FL

1981 - 5/16, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY

1982 - 7/31, Manor Downs, Austin, TX

1983 - 10/21, The Centrum, Worcester, MA

1984 - 10/12, Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, ME

1985 - 6/24, River Bend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

1986 - 5/3, Cal Expo Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA

1987 - 9/18, Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY

1988 - 7/3, Oxford Plains Speedway, Oxford, ME

1989 - 10/26, Miami Arena, Miami, FL

1990 - 10/27, Zenith, Paris, France

1991 - 9/10, Madison Square Garden, NY, NY

1992 - 3/20, Copps Coliseum, Ontario, Canada

1993 - 3/27, Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY

1994 - 10/1, Boston Garden, Boston, MA

1995 - 2/21, Delta Center, Salt Lake City, UT

How many gigs is the entire collection gunz?
:blackdot: Every flac show I have is over a gig. 2317? Shows?
I think it's around 500 gigs, but that also includes some JGB and Robert Hunter, so not sure exactly how much is GDead.ETA: these aren't FLAC, they're MP3, so much smaller files. Plus, lots of the early stuff is extra small, since those shows were much shorter - think '65-'69.

PIK95 said:
the moops said:
Flac was after my time. shn>wav was the format of the day. But discovering LMA was a life-changing experience. I started downloading shows anytime I was in the house. Probably ended up with six or seven hundred, mostly the most up-to-date soundboards and every Healy matrix there. When I left Marin County in 2000, I put an ad up on craigslist saying come and get them, and gave away the entire collection 45 minutes after posting the ad with the stipulation he had to take my tape collection too.

PIK95 said:
the moops said:
Flac was after my time. shn>wav was the format of the day. But discovering LMA was a life-changing experience. I started downloading shows anytime I was in the house. Probably ended up with six or seven hundred, mostly the most up-to-date soundboards and every Healy matrix there. When I left Marin County in 2000, I put an ad up on craigslist saying come and get them, and gave away the entire collection 45 minutes after posting the ad with the stipulation he had to take my tape collection too.
slightly off topic, but are there any shows that you particularly like that people may not know about?

entirely depends on to what "people" you are referring.

have to go, but off the top of my head:

3/14/81 (pretty sure that was a jim wise aud)

11/25/77

9/26-28/72

the aforementioned 10/27/79

always loved jerry's tone on 7/15/89 and those are among my favorite candyman and peggy-o solos

very well-known and notoriously absent from the vault, but listened to the spac 6/18/83 scarlet>fire last night and that is still a top 3 or 4

to be continued

I probably have about 300 or so shows - a cool hobby/quest would be to go for all of them on a hard drive....whats the best way to find good quality downloadable besides torrents? Not a big fan of AUD recording - maybe going after just the SBDs is a better way?

Collecting shows reminds me of the old days when we posted ads in relix and traded all over the country - loved going to the mailbox back then!

Users who are viewing this thread