What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the best mattress? (2 Viewers)

King Super Saver Special (PacBamboo Plus 13") Ordered :thumbup:Holding a couple weeks on delivery until we move.
:hifive: Just ordered the same one. I tried to get the sheets....he talked to his manager (or at least acted like it)...and I even hung up and said I've call some other places....no go with that discounted price on that sku.Get mine by Friday!Interesting return policy....if they don't come pick it up, they'll ask me to donate to a non-profit...send them the receipt...and they'll reimburse me. I guess they're counting on that rarely happening.
:goodposting:BAMBOO BILL JUST ORDERED THE PACBAMBOO MATTRESS
which link are you using and do you need to boxspring (foundation)?

Last edited by a moderator:
King Super Saver Special (PacBamboo Plus 13") Ordered :thumbup:

Holding a couple weeks on delivery until we move.
:hifive: Just ordered the same one. I tried to get the sheets....he talked to his manager (or at least acted like it)...and I even hung up and said I've call some other places....no go with that discounted price on that sku.Get mine by Friday!

Interesting return policy....if they don't come pick it up, they'll ask me to donate to a non-profit...send them the receipt...and they'll reimburse me. I guess they're counting on that rarely happening.
:goodposting: BAMBOO BILL JUST ORDERED THE PACBAMBOO MATTRESS
here is a link to mattress only: http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo-plus.html

:hifive: Just ordered the same one. I tried to get the sheets....he talked to his manager (or at least acted like it)...and I even hung up and said I've call some other places....no go with that discounted price on that sku.Get mine by Friday!

Interesting return policy....if they don't come pick it up, they'll ask me to donate to a non-profit...send them the receipt...and they'll reimburse me. I guess they're counting on that rarely happening.
here is a link to mattress only: http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo-plus.html
Do you need a foundation? I have slats and I think someone said just put plywood to use instead of foundation but will that compromise the bed?

The Super Saver makes the foundation only $110 more than the mattress by itself...plus two pillows.

Do you need a foundation? I have slats and I think someone said just put plywood to use instead of foundation but will that compromise the bed?here is a link to mattress only: http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo-plus.html
It shouldn't. I put my old one (from 4 years ago) on wood slats from a bed frame from ikea and it worked just fine.

Mine is firm, and soft...if that makes any sense. I don't sink in at all, and I have plenty of support. But it's still soft. Can't really explain it, other than it's f'n comfortable. I slept for 10 hours on it yesterday morning and I haven't slept that long since I was in high school. Sex on it is great too. Nice support. This bed is approved by Premo's Legion of Whores. :hifive:
One of the big negatives I've ready about Tempurpedics and memory foam type beds in general are they sleep hot. Have you seen any similar issues with Bed in a Box? I'm one that likes to be cool when I sleep so any "sleeps hot" issues is a definite dealbreaker for me.
Nope. Buy the bamboo cover with the bed to prevent that. You don't actually sleep on the foam when you have the cover. It's also super soft.
So, is there just one version of Bed in a Box or are we talking a specific model here?ETA here for all those thinking abou B in a B.....my notes from past discussion on this was to just buy the mattress only and don't worry about spending money on the foundation. Just cut some plywood to size to lay over your existing box spring.
Why would I need plywood between my current box spring and BINB mattress?

Mine is firm, and soft...if that makes any sense. I don't sink in at all, and I have plenty of support. But it's still soft. Can't really explain it, other than it's f'n comfortable. I slept for 10 hours on it yesterday morning and I haven't slept that long since I was in high school. Sex on it is great too. Nice support. This bed is approved by Premo's Legion of Whores. :hifive:
One of the big negatives I've ready about Tempurpedics and memory foam type beds in general are they sleep hot. Have you seen any similar issues with Bed in a Box? I'm one that likes to be cool when I sleep so any "sleeps hot" issues is a definite dealbreaker for me.
Nope. Buy the bamboo cover with the bed to prevent that. You don't actually sleep on the foam when you have the cover. It's also super soft.
So, is there just one version of Bed in a Box or are we talking a specific model here?ETA here for all those thinking abou B in a B.....my notes from past discussion on this was to just buy the mattress only and don't worry about spending money on the foundation. Just cut some plywood to size to lay over your existing box spring.
Since it's memory foam I'd imagine you'd want a solid surface underneath so there is a flat base it sits on. A box spring has some give that works with coiled mattresses....you don't want that with memory foam.

Bed and platform delivered today in two big boxes. One box holds the mattress (in a duffel bag), the mattress protector, the 1500 thread count sheets, and two "Earth pillows" which were added for free. The other box contains the wood for the platform, bolts and such, and the foundation "ticking".

Working alone, I assembled the platform entirely with the tools included and a cordless drill for some wood screws. (FYI: the installation instructions are in with the ticking) The platform took maybe 45 minutes to complete including time to look for the directions, guzzle a beer, and figuring out what to do with my old bed and such; that's now in the kitchen which the wife should love. Platform fits perfectly in the frame from the previous bed so this setup was a breeze. You'd have to be a complete unhandy chump to struggle with the platform setup.

The mattress is wrapped in in plastic to assist in keeping it compressed in the duffel bag. I set in on the platform and removed the plastic with some scissors. I'd guess it was completely inflated in about 5 minutes. Putting the mattress cover was as simple as putting on sheets so there was really nothing to it.

After about 1.5 hours, bed's ready to go and looks like, well, a bed.

Total cost?

Foundation - $172

PacBamboo 11" Mattress, Queen - $676

Mattress Protector - $35

Sheet Set - $79

Earth Pillows - Free

No tax, no shipping fees.

So, for $962 I have a new bed and hopefully some relief for my aching lower back.

(Shout out to Offdee for shining me on to this thread and to the others who provided the feedback which prompted me to take the plunge.)

Since it's memory foam I'd imagine you'd want a solid surface underneath so there is a flat base it sits on. A box spring has some give that works with coiled mattresses....you don't want that with memory foam.
I put mine right on the box springs. They're nice box springs with a nice flat surface. No issues that I know of.

FTR, I didn't care for the earth pillows they sent. I went to target and spent $30 each on two memory foam pillows. I like them quite a bit more.

Everything else is first-class.

FTR, I didn't care for the earth pillows they sent. I went to target and spent $30 each on two memory foam pillows. I like them quite a bit more. Everything else is first-class.
Those free pillows suck. If they put more foam "chips" in they might be decent.

Bed and platform delivered today in two big boxes. One box holds the mattress (in a duffel bag), the mattress protector, the 1500 thread count sheets, and two "Earth pillows" which were added for free. The other box contains the wood for the platform, bolts and such, and the foundation "ticking".Working alone, I assembled the platform entirely with the tools included and a cordless drill for some wood screws. (FYI: the installation instructions are in with the ticking) The platform took maybe 45 minutes to complete including time to look for the directions, guzzle a beer, and figuring out what to do with my old bed and such; that's now in the kitchen which the wife should love. Platform fits perfectly in the frame from the previous bed so this setup was a breeze. You'd have to be a complete unhandy chump to struggle with the platform setup.The mattress is wrapped in in plastic to assist in keeping it compressed in the duffel bag. I set in on the platform and removed the plastic with some scissors. I'd guess it was completely inflated in about 5 minutes. Putting the mattress cover was as simple as putting on sheets so there was really nothing to it.After about 1.5 hours, bed's ready to go and looks like, well, a bed.Total cost?Foundation - $172PacBamboo 11" Mattress, Queen - $676Mattress Protector - $35Sheet Set - $79Earth Pillows - FreeNo tax, no shipping fees.So, for $962 I have a new bed and hopefully some relief for my aching lower back.(Shout out to Offdee for shining me on to this thread and to the others who provided the feedback which prompted me to take the plunge.)
Difference between 11" and 13", is that depth or length? Notice there are different names. What's the best recommendation from bed in box link?

'Walton Goggins said:
'Facecow said:
Bed and platform delivered today in two big boxes. One box holds the mattress (in a duffel bag), the mattress protector, the 1500 thread count sheets, and two "Earth pillows" which were added for free. The other box contains the wood for the platform, bolts and such, and the foundation "ticking".Working alone, I assembled the platform entirely with the tools included and a cordless drill for some wood screws. (FYI: the installation instructions are in with the ticking) The platform took maybe 45 minutes to complete including time to look for the directions, guzzle a beer, and figuring out what to do with my old bed and such; that's now in the kitchen which the wife should love. Platform fits perfectly in the frame from the previous bed so this setup was a breeze. You'd have to be a complete unhandy chump to struggle with the platform setup.The mattress is wrapped in in plastic to assist in keeping it compressed in the duffel bag. I set in on the platform and removed the plastic with some scissors. I'd guess it was completely inflated in about 5 minutes. Putting the mattress cover was as simple as putting on sheets so there was really nothing to it.After about 1.5 hours, bed's ready to go and looks like, well, a bed.Total cost?Foundation - $172PacBamboo 11" Mattress, Queen - $676Mattress Protector - $35Sheet Set - $79Earth Pillows - FreeNo tax, no shipping fees.So, for $962 I have a new bed and hopefully some relief for my aching lower back.(Shout out to Offdee for shining me on to this thread and to the others who provided the feedback which prompted me to take the plunge.)
Difference between 11" and 13", is that depth or length?
Is this shtick?

'gump said:
Give us a post-first-nite update tomorrow Facecow....
Good night of sleep. With my previous mattresses, I tended to flop around throughout the night and this night I doubt I moved much at all. The Mrs didn't have any complaints which is also a first but that may not have always been completely about the bed. Seriously though, how can I can remember what goes where (and what doesn't) when I'm that uncomfortable on the mattress?Pleased with the purchase but it is just one night. If this thread gets bumped again down the line I'll check in with another review.

Anyone having issues finding a bed that fits with the BinaB King Mattress and Foundation?

Apparently most King beds have a bar down the middle...so most foundations have a split...but the BinaB foundation does not.

BTW...best sleep of my life the last few nights.... :thumbup:

'gump said:
Anyone having issues finding a bed that fits with the BinaB King Mattress and Foundation?Apparently most King beds have a bar down the middle...so most foundations have a split...but the BinaB foundation does not.
The furniture company we bought our bedroom set from just called...they are going to modify the bed frame to fit the foundation....said they needed to learn how to do it 'adapt to new technology'.

Man...I freakin love this bed. Great tip.

BinaB prices go up 20% on May 1st....supposedly.

Decided wasn't happy with my recently purchased spring coiled mattress.....pressure point pain issues on my side (side sleeper)....so returning it.

Just clicked "purchase" on the Bed in a Box Queen Super Saver Special:

- Queen 13" PacBamboo mattress

- Foundation

- 2 Free earth pillows (probably junk, but whatever)

- No tax

- Free Shipping

Total: $899 (normally $1,500)

Ships in 1-2 days so keeping my fingers crossed it works out as I'm really over trying to find the right mattress for me.

My only concerns with memory foam is the idea of you sinking into it and "sleeping hot" but hopefully the Bamboo cover negates that. The guy I talked to on the phone said the Silk version is the coolest sleeping, but it was also $300+ more expensive than this PacBamboo Super Saver special going on.

I figured with the return policy why not give this a try. As said earlier, depending on the issue on reasoning for wanting to return they either have someone pick the stuff up or they just have you donate it to charity, get the donation receipt and send in for refund. Believe the foundation has a 20% restocking fee if returned, but with this deal it was only $70 more for the foundation on top of the mattress cost so not a huge deal.

Here's hoping for the best. I'll make sure to give thoughts after experiencing.

Decided wasn't happy with my recently purchased spring coiled mattress.....pressure point pain issues on my side (side sleeper)....so returning it.Just clicked "purchase" on the Bed in a Box Queen Super Saver Special:- Queen 13" PacBamboo mattress- Foundation- 2 Free earth pillows (probably junk, but whatever)- No tax- Free ShippingTotal: $899 (normally $1,500)Ships in 1-2 days so keeping my fingers crossed it works out as I'm really over trying to find the right mattress for me.My only concerns with memory foam is the idea of you sinking into it and "sleeping hot" but hopefully the Bamboo cover negates that. The guy I talked to on the phone said the Silk version is the coolest sleeping, but it was also $300+ more expensive than this PacBamboo Super Saver special going on.I figured with the return policy why not give this a try. As said earlier, depending on the issue on reasoning for wanting to return they either have someone pick the stuff up or they just have you donate it to charity, get the donation receipt and send in for refund. Believe the foundation has a 20% restocking fee if returned, but with this deal it was only $70 more for the foundation on top of the mattress cost so not a huge deal.Here's hoping for the best. I'll make sure to give thoughts after experiencing.
Keep us posted.Curious but how do you return a BIAB after it's been opened? Do they come pick it up? :confused:

Decided wasn't happy with my recently purchased spring coiled mattress.....pressure point pain issues on my side (side sleeper)....so returning it.

Just clicked "purchase" on the Bed in a Box Queen Super Saver Special:

- Queen 13" PacBamboo mattress

- Foundation

- 2 Free earth pillows (probably junk, but whatever)

- No tax

- Free Shipping

Total: $899 (normally $1,500)

Ships in 1-2 days so keeping my fingers crossed it works out as I'm really over trying to find the right mattress for me.

My only concerns with memory foam is the idea of you sinking into it and "sleeping hot" but hopefully the Bamboo cover negates that. The guy I talked to on the phone said the Silk version is the coolest sleeping, but it was also $300+ more expensive than this PacBamboo Super Saver special going on.

I figured with the return policy why not give this a try. As said earlier, depending on the issue on reasoning for wanting to return they either have someone pick the stuff up or they just have you donate it to charity, get the donation receipt and send in for refund. Believe the foundation has a 20% restocking fee if returned, but with this deal it was only $70 more for the foundation on top of the mattress cost so not a huge deal.

Here's hoping for the best. I'll make sure to give thoughts after experiencing.
Keep us posted.Curious but how do you return a BIAB after it's been opened? Do they come pick it up? :confused:
See bolded above

Decided wasn't happy with my recently purchased spring coiled mattress.....pressure point pain issues on my side (side sleeper)....so returning it.Just clicked "purchase" on the Bed in a Box Queen Super Saver Special:- Queen 13" PacBamboo mattress- Foundation- 2 Free earth pillows (probably junk, but whatever)- No tax- Free ShippingTotal: $899 (normally $1,500)Ships in 1-2 days so keeping my fingers crossed it works out as I'm really over trying to find the right mattress for me.My only concerns with memory foam is the idea of you sinking into it and "sleeping hot" but hopefully the Bamboo cover negates that. The guy I talked to on the phone said the Silk version is the coolest sleeping, but it was also $300+ more expensive than this PacBamboo Super Saver special going on.I figured with the return policy why not give this a try. As said earlier, depending on the issue on reasoning for wanting to return they either have someone pick the stuff up or they just have you donate it to charity, get the donation receipt and send in for refund. Believe the foundation has a 20% restocking fee if returned, but with this deal it was only $70 more for the foundation on top of the mattress cost so not a huge deal.Here's hoping for the best. I'll make sure to give thoughts after experiencing.
See my last multi-sentence paragraph.
Thanks

This thread has convinced me to get a bedinabox, which I'll be ordering Thursday (closing on a house next Friday, would order this weekend but the tiny chance that the price change actually happens on May 1st scares me enough to order early). It seems like PacBamboo is the right choice, but I'm wondering if the extra $150 is worth it to move from the 11" to 13" (King)?

It seems like PacBamboo is the right choice, but I'm wondering if the extra $150 is worth it to move from the 11" to 13" (King)?
Guy I talked to said 13" was made for people 250+lbs or two combined 400+lbs. Others on here have heard the 13" is a little softer. Weight not an issue for me, the possibility of a little softer and aesthetically liking a higher mattress (sexy time advantages and just looks better IMO) made the decision for me. Plus, the Super Saver Special deal going on right now only applies to the 13".

My bed is fairly low, slats across with box springs and traditional mattress. If I get a BIAB can it lay on the boxspings or do I need to get the foundation as well?

My bed is fairly low, slats across with box springs and traditional mattress. If I get a BIAB can it lay on the boxspings or do I need to get the foundation as well?
You don't need the platform that BIAB provides. Just put some plywood over your boxspring and you'll be good.I say this after assembling the platform and there's really nothing special about it at all.

You don't need the platform that BIAB provides. Just put some plywood over your boxspring and you'll be good.I say this after assembling the platform and there's really nothing special about it at all.
I would think it would slide on top of plywood or the wood would rip the BIAB

I would think it would slide on top of plywood or the wood would rip the BIAB
I believe the main jist is that whatever is underneath the mattress needs to be a hard flat surface. If you have a boxspring that has a ton of give/flex than probably not best to use. If you already have a platform bed, wood slats, etc. that stay flat when applied pressure to than you're good to go...the BIAB mattress can sit right on top of that.

King Super Saver Special (PacBamboo Plus 13") Ordered :thumbup:Holding a couple weeks on delivery until we move.
What was the final total?
A little over $1200 -- I also ordered the $125 bed frame since we'll need one.
Update?
Not having it delivered for a bit longer -- until we close on our house, likely later this week.
I have a king now that I bought a little over 8 years ago. So I can order the mattress and foundation and be good to go or am I missing something? How are these things for people with bad backs?

Update?
Not having it delivered for a bit longer -- until we close on our house, likely later this week.
I have a king now that I bought a little over 8 years ago. So I can order the mattress and foundation and be good to go or am I missing something? How are these things for people with bad backs?
Yep, this is what you should get (mattress + foundation + 2 free pillows)http://www.bedinabox.com/product/5318.htmlRead over the testimonials...all kinds of people saying that has dramatically helped back pain (many who have had surgeries, medical issues, etc.)http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-reviews.html

Update?
Yep, this is what you should get (mattress + foundation + 2 free pillows)http://www.bedinabox.com/product/5318.htmlRead over the testimonials...all kinds of people saying that has dramatically helped back pain (many who have had surgeries, medical issues, etc.)http://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-reviews.html
Thanks! :thumbup:

Decided wasn't happy with my recently purchased spring coiled mattress.....pressure point pain issues on my side (side sleeper)....so returning it.Just clicked "purchase" on the Bed in a Box Queen Super Saver Special:- Queen 13" PacBamboo mattress- Foundation- 2 Free earth pillows (probably junk, but whatever)- No tax- Free ShippingTotal: $899 (normally $1,500)Ships in 1-2 days so keeping my fingers crossed it works out as I'm really over trying to find the right mattress for me.
Arrived at the front door yesterday, and will be putting it together today. Will provide thoughts and pics.

Users who are viewing this thread