What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

Did anyone get Super SFIV? If so, how is it? I heard Seth isn't as cheap this time around.
One of the few games I decided to pay money for this year. Played a good bit last night, it kicks serious ### and is definitely the best SF game so far. They made it a lot more arcadey than the last one - brought back the bonus stages - has an endless fight mode online that's like a virtual cabinet. Winner plays, loser gets to the back of the line. And yeah, Seth is far easier. I won the first game without any continues, and it wasn't all that hard.
Anyone else get this yet? Game is terrific. I haven't played online yet, just some single player and tuned up on some regular SFIV on Xbox online just so I don't get whaled on when I get into this with the real players who have all undoubtedly moved onto Super. Everything about it is just better than the first - the backgrounds in the last one were great visually but I wouldn't say they were really great overall. Just kind of like a background you might expect back in the SFII days but in HD. In this one they are top notch - Seth's level for instance, when you beat him the first time the reactor explodes and there's crap flying around when he does his little taunt. Adds a little something too it. Also cool is the fact that parts of the background bounce around when you're slammed to the ground. Just a step above the first.And Seth is really pretty danged easy at Medium level. They toned this thing down a ton to appeal to a more casual crowd. If you've played the SSFIITHDR version they put out on PSN and Live a couple years back, that one was designed by tourney players. They made the AI ridiculously hard, even harder than IV ended up being, so I think they may have taken a page out of that book somewhat for the original. This one is pretty much too easy though. I think I've played about 7 games or so, and I've already beaten Akuma, which you get by getting 2 perfects, not losing a round the whole game, getting 10 first hits and 5 ultra/super finishes over the course of the game on medium or higher. And I didn't lose a round to Akuma either. I got the win without continue my first game, and I haven't played the game in probably 6 months. There was always a certain level of cheapness to Bison, the end boss is supposed to be that way. I agree that Seth may have gone a little over the top last time, but this one is really not a challenge. It gives medium a little bit of a cheap feel to it. Game is still great though.
Nice, I'm getting it when school's over. I'm getting UFC 2010 also. Can't wait.

holy crap

EA making a good medal of honor game? :lmao:
I thought everyone knew about the new Medal of Honor game. I dunno. I got bored with the series really quick, and especially after Call of Duty 1 came out, because it was a better game doing the same things. The only saving grace the new game has, in my opinion (and of course I'm stating this without playing any of the game), is that DICE worked on the multiplayer portion of the game. Other than that, it's trying to be exactly what Modern Warfare and Bad Company 2 already are. I hope to be proven wrong, but there are so many shooters now that I doubt I'll even try it.Getting the release date pushed back may be hard on its sales, considering Call of Duty: Black Ops will be releasing a month later. It was originally scheduled to drop in summer 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently about halfway through Bayonetta, great action game. Easy enough to pickup and play but takes a ton of practice to master the system and get platinum medals on the levels. After that...Red Dead Redemption.

holy crap

EA making a good medal of honor game? :goodposting:
I thought everyone knew about the new Medal of Honor game. I dunno. I got bored with the series really quick, and especially after Call of Duty 1 came out, because it was a better game doing the same things. The only saving grace the new game has, in my opinion (and of course I'm stating this without playing any of the game), is that DICE worked on the multiplayer portion of the game. Other than that, it's trying to be exactly what Modern Warfare and Bad Company 2 already are. I hope to be proven wrong, but there are so many shooters now that I doubt I'll even try it.Getting the release date pushed back may be hard on its sales, considering Call of Duty: Black Ops will be releasing a month later. It was originally scheduled to drop in summer 2010.
The release date might work out well for them. I remember this last year their was a lull between the summer and Christmas games and borderlands released around that time and made a killing. Everyone I knew who got the game and loved it had no clue what it was a week before launch but it just had perfect timing.

holy crap

EA making a good medal of honor game? :shrug:
Are you saying MOHAA wasn't good? That was the game that launched a billion clones, clones which included Call of Duty.
MoH: Airborne is one of my all time favorite games. I'm not a big FPS guy, (I get bored quickly) and I am by no means suggesting it is as good as CoD, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the few games I played through several times. I like how you could parashoot into any part of the level at the start. Makes it so it doesn't feel so linear if you die and have to redo the level. You can get it for less then $20 now. If you like the WWII genre, I highly recommend it.

Grabbed FIFA World Cup 2010.

Been basically get pwned over and over again by Guatemala, Trinidad and Cuba in qualifying (though I'm slowly improving).

It's pretty true to real soccer. I had 6 scoreless draws in a row at one point.

-QG

A couple weeks after RDR launches it is set to have a free DLC that includes 6 co-op missions for 2-4 players. :wub:

picked up Tecmo Bowl on XBL.

MEMMMMOOOORRRIIIIIEEESSSS!

Looking forward to Lost Planet 2 - Marcus and Dom from Gears of War are in the game! :(

Anyone played NIER? Saw it at the video game store, just came out this week. Kid behind the counter knew NOTHING about it (or anything else :thumbup: )

A couple weeks after RDR launches it is set to have a free DLC that includes 6 co-op missions for 2-4 players. :confused:
Interesting. RDR kinda strikes me as a single-player game with a multiplayer afterthought. I never once played GTA IV online.
The MP is only OK, but mostly because of the horrible controls / targeting system. You can get by on it, but it always takes a few minutes to get used to that quirky camera. If you've never played online you should at least check it out. If you get a handful of guys to all do the same thing, it can be a blast. We would always play some version of smear the queer. Pretty exhilarating to barely escape 5 other guys trying to kill you in a boat or helicopter. Makes for a lot of fun.

Driving with two other buddies you know in the backseat, hanging out the window shooting, that never gets old.

picked up Tecmo Bowl on XBL.MEMMMMOOOORRRIIIIIEEESSSS!Looking forward to Lost Planet 2 - Marcus and Dom from Gears of War are in the game! :)Anyone played NIER? Saw it at the video game store, just came out this week. Kid behind the counter knew NOTHING about it (or anything else :) )
Nier is an adventure game that switches to 2D platforming at times. It has a great soundtrack, solid story, and sub par graphics to what is being released currently. The game play is decent and most people either love the game and think its one of the best in recent memory, or they think it sucks and drags a lot. The game takes chances and has many original elements. The game probably won't work for most gamers, but if you like RPGs or adventure games, it might be worth a shot.

Kmart having a sale with some pretty good deals on new games. 5/4-5/10

Nier $44.99, Final Fantasy XIII $29.99, Bayonetta $29.99, Alien vs. Predator $29.99, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $29.99, Darksiders $29.99 , and Metro 2033 $29.99.

For me:

SC2

** Played the first one many many years ago and loved it. I may have grown up, but the inner kid in me has not...

Diablo 3

** Ok, not slated for release this year, but still....

Fallout: New Vegas

** The Fallout series is my all-time favorite. This one kind of snuck up on everyone, but sounds/looks great!

Civ 5

** I think someone posted this before, but I'll add that to my list, too...

What are you looking forward to?

Definitely Fallout New Vegas and Civ 5. Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out next year. Hoping and praying that it doesn't suck ### like Star Wars Galaxies.

Definitely Fallout New Vegas and Civ 5. Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out next year. Hoping and praying that it doesn't suck ### like Star Wars Galaxies.
I was looking forward to SW: TOR, and it looks really good. But having played MMPG like WoW and EQ years ago, I don't want/have the time to get sucked into another one.

Just finished Heavy Rain. Great title to rent for a weekend or maybe buy if you can get it deeply discounted (like $20 or so). The lack of replay value makes it hard to justify spending $60 for this one, though.

Just finished Heavy Rain. Great title to rent for a weekend or maybe buy if you can get it deeply discounted (like $20 or so). The lack of replay value makes it hard to justify spending $60 for this one, though.
I heard there are a ton of outcomes for this game depending on all of the different decisions you make. At least this is what all the reviews and interviews say.

I heard there are a ton of outcomes for this game depending on all of the different decisions you make. At least this is what all the reviews and interviews say.
Yeah, now that I've finished it I looked a walkthrough and there are 4-5 endings for each of the four main characters. Personally, I'm just not that interested in replaying chapters to see all the various endings. This isn't meant as criticism of the game, because it's really good at doing what it sets out to do. It's just more a statement of my personal preferences.

Finished Just Cause 2 over the weekend.

Positives:

The movement around this ENORMOUS world is very slick with the grappling hook / sling shot effect.

The variety of missions is solid.

The freedom to create as much chaos as your heart desires is definitely there.

Negatives:

I ended up playing for close to 50 hours to earn as many of the achievements as I could manage, and as a result I really started to get bored of the endless villages, military bases, etc. It's not that they were generic or anything, in fact they had decent variety in layout. But there's just so many of them that it becomes a real grind to get all the achievements.

The voice acting is pretty poor.

There was also no real unique aspect to this game that the best games have. The grappling hook is close but it's not enough to truly set it apart and give it a fresh feel.

Overall I'd say that Just Cause 2 is an improvement over the original. The open world they've created is one of the better ones I've ever seen, although it is far bigger than it needs to be. It would have been better if they shrank it a little and created a few more details or locations with distinctiveness. This game is probably best played if you can snag it for less than $25.

My next goal is to try and start and finish Dead Space before Red Dead arrives on the 18th. Of course I'll also be trading Just Cause 2 in for some cash that I can put towards Alan Wake, which releases on the same day. So it might be a little bit of a fight to see whether Red Dead or Alan Wake win for control of my gaming focus next week.

Yeah, now that I've finished it I looked a walkthrough and there are 4-5 endings for each of the four main characters. Personally, I'm just not that interested in replaying chapters to see all the various endings. This isn't meant as criticism of the game, because it's really good at doing what it sets out to do. It's just more a statement of my personal preferences.
I hear what you're saying. You could of course always just YouTube the other endings if you're interested to see them, but not up for playing the game through again.

My next goal is to try and start and finish Dead Space before Red Dead arrives on the 18th. Of course I'll also be trading Just Cause 2 in for some cash that I can put towards Alan Wake, which releases on the same day. So it might be a little bit of a fight to see whether Red Dead or Alan Wake win for control of my gaming focus next week.
Dead Space was awesome. It's the scariest game I've played since the original Resident Evil on PS1. I'm considering giving it another play-through in the very near future myself. And since it can be had for $20 at this point, it's a no-brainer. Enjoy! :lmao:

Red Dead Redemption's open world multiplayer looks like it could be amazing.

Alan Wake is out now and gotten great reviews, as well. Too bad both are not on the PC. Just easier for me to play on my PC with the 28" LCD where I don't have to compete with our TV with the wife.

Red Dead Redemption's open world multiplayer looks like it could be amazing.Alan Wake is out now and gotten great reviews, as well. Too bad both are not on the PC. Just easier for me to play on my PC with the 28" LCD where I don't have to compete with our TV with the wife.
How long is Alan Wake's gameplay?if its lower than 10 hours i might wait until its 20$.

Red Dead Redemption's open world multiplayer looks like it could be amazing.Alan Wake is out now and gotten great reviews, as well. Too bad both are not on the PC. Just easier for me to play on my PC with the 28" LCD where I don't have to compete with our TV with the wife.
Alan Wake doesn't drop to retail until next week.

bosoxs45 said:
Mad Cow said:
How long is Alan Wake's gameplay?if its lower than 10 hours i might wait until its 20$.
Its been getting about 10-12 hours in reviews.
SlaX said:
Mad Cow said:
Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption on the same day. I think Alan Wake will be sorry they did that.

bosoxs45 said:
Mad Cow said:
Its been getting about 10-12 hours in reviews.
SlaX said:
Mad Cow said:
Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption on the same day. I think Alan Wake will be sorry they did that.
To be fair both Red Dead and Alan Wake have both been plagued by delays. Most recently it was Red Dead that jumped back about a month which resulted in the same day release with Alan Wake. So unless Alan Wake's developer was willing to tuck their tail and run it was going to end up like this.

To be fair both Red Dead and Alan Wake have both been plagued by delays. Most recently it was Red Dead that jumped back about a month which resulted in the same day release with Alan Wake. So unless Alan Wake's developer was willing to tuck their tail and run it was going to end up like this.
So true. I've heard about Alan Wake since the first generation XBox.

Red Dead is a must buy for me....once I see it for under 30 bucks (give it 6 months). Looks awesome. Madden 2011 drops August and they are making some very cool changes to the juke stick and eliminating the speed burst button (that will get hard cores up in arms). I look forward to the improvements in the overall gameplay as I thought 2010 made a huge jump in realism. Also theplay calling can be streamlined and looks like another nice tweak. I am still playing 2010 and will probably hold off on 2011 till after X-mas when the price will drop 30 bucks.

I have just learned to wait...wait and wait some more for most games.

Still playing BCBF2 add nasuem.....just a brilliant online game.

I pre-ordered ModNation Racers a couple of days ago. I've never played a kart racing game before, so this will be a new experience for me. The fact that I've got two kids in the house makes it easier to go out on a limb with a game like this since I'm sure I won't be the only one in my household playing it. And besides, I have yet to buy a PS3 exclusive that sucked. (Note: I was still on the PS2 when Lair came out, and I had the good sense to avoid Haze).

For now, I'm passing on Red Dead Redemption. I know it's gotten good reviews, but GTA4 left a really bad taste in my mouth and I'm not really into the western thing. Maybe later.

who's picking up red dead? Anyone feel like starting an official thread so we can set up multiplayer games?

Is there a deadline to pre-order games at GameStop?

I want to get pre-order UFC 2010 for the extra 4 fighters, but I also want to make sure it gets great reviews.

Can pre-orders be cancelled and refunded?

Is there a deadline to pre-order games at GameStop?I want to get pre-order UFC 2010 for the extra 4 fighters, but I also want to make sure it gets great reviews.Can pre-orders be cancelled and refunded?
You can preorder by merely placing $5 down on the game. If the release date arrives and you don't care for the reviews it's getting then you can go in and move your $5 to a different game. Don't think they'll refund it to you though.

So I have no self control and just bought Red Dead & Alan Wake off amazon to be delivered tomorrow after watching the reviews on IGN.

Also got like $30 in amazon credit and another $5 in mp3 downloads by "preordering" today so not a bad deal. I usually can play thru these and sell them on ebay for 70~80% of their value if I get thru them quick enough.

Can't wait for Civ 5 & Starcraft 2 later this year or next. I will need to buy a new computer when Starcraft comes out. Still need to borrow a copy of Bioshock 2 from a friend of mine.

who's picking up red dead? Anyone feel like starting an official thread so we can set up multiplayer games?
Yes lets set one up, this game feels like it could be a game of the year contender. The possibilities of this game are endless. You could make up mini games like manhunt, playing chicken with the train, etc etc. If you want to be in a posse send me a msg on PS3 gamertag is HuberJA

Yes lets set one up, this game feels like it could be a game of the year contender. The possibilities of this game are endless. You could make up mini games like manhunt, playing chicken with the train, etc etc. If you want to be in a posse send me a msg on PS3 gamertag is HuberJA
to be fair, we thought the same thing about GTA 4. That multi player turned out to be a bust. They had a million game modes, but they were all unpolished and the maps didnt work. Not sure if i'll pick this up for PS3 or 360. If my brother (360 owner) grabs it, thats certainly where i'll be going.Gonna check reviews when i get home.

Two questions, just picked up a 40gb PS3 on ebay. What do I need to accomplish the netflix movie on demand other than a netflix subscription and the setup disk netflix sends you? Secondly, what two exclusive games would everyone recommend if I'm a fan of 1st person shooters?

Users who are viewing this thread