What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Gamers, I wanted to drop a quick line and let you know about Extra Life 2012. If you have not heard of it, please read on. If you have, please sign up to play!

On October 20th of this year, gamers from all over the country will be playing their favorite video games for 24 hours as part of the Extra Life charity for the Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Each participant will sign up their friends and family and raise as much money as they can through donations. Participants can band together and form teams and multiply their efforts. All of the donations are tax deductible, and 100% of the proceeds go to children's hospitals around the country.

I did this last year with a friend, and it was a blast. The best part was that my kids and I switched off and made a whole event out of it. My wife couldn't get on me about playing games...it was like werewolf repellant! It's was one of the most enjoyable fundraisers I've taken part in, and knowing that the money went to children was a big plus for me.

So please consider giving up a day for charity and doing something you already love doing. You can do it at home, in your undies, or get together with friends...in your undies if you all agree. I'm not your judge.

You can play on your IPhone. You can play on your Sega. Doesn't matter. The most important part of this is the participate and raise money.

Here is a link to the website. Perhaps someone could start a footballguys team? It would be the richest, most handsomest, smartest team in the contest!!!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?

Thanks for you time!

regarding BL2....gamestop and greenmangaming offer different goodies for pre-ordering?

And what is the BL2 season pass?

xbox user

I haven't been planning on buying Borderlands 2 (at least not for a while), but the closer to launch we get, the more I think I may get it anyway. What's the count on PC players vs console players here that plan on buying it? I ask because I want to play the game with others. The first was great as long as I was playing with others, but after a couple of weeks, almost everyone moved on to other games and I never really got to finish the game since I didn't care for the solo play.
PS3 here

I know I pre-ordered from greenmangaming and got 5 things, including the class and amulet. Still waiting on them to send me my key so I can register it with Steam. :nerd:
Can you explain what is what in this list? I only know what he new Mechromancer is. Golden Key

Vault Hunter's Relic

Gearbox Gunpack

new Mechromancer class
Not sure - this is what it says now:Pre-purchase now for access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club:

Golden Key:

Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.

Vault Hunter's relic:

Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter's Relic.

Gearbox Gunpack:

A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!

New character class:

Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she's available.
awesome! thanks for the info.So the Hunter's relic is the amulet we have been referring to.

I wonder if the Sanctuary Loot Chest is early on in the game or later in the game.

Damn I can't wait for this game.
The loot chest is in the town sanctuary, so whenever you get there...you can open it. Day 1 or day 500! There is a point of contention in using your Key though. When you use your key, they weapon available will be at the level you are and can only lvl up to 8. So, the longer you wait...the more powerful the weapon becomes. So, each person has a decision to make on if they want it earlier to help them level, or to get one AWESOME weapon when they are at or near the top.

regarding BL2....gamestop and greenmangaming offer different goodies for pre-ordering?

And what is the BL2 season pass?

xbox user
Just like the elite, bf premium, uncharted fortune hunters club, R* pass for Max Payne 3...basically by buying the pass, you get X amount of DLC's for less cost than if you bought them separately. Basically, they know they will have 5 at $9.99, so instead of paying $50...you pay 20% or so less. It's the new industry selling gimmick these days.

Usually this set up is great, IF you know that you would buy all the DLC's (map packs and skins packs). One problem is the perceived value as skins packs, some a cool and others you probably wouldn't have bought to begin with...another concern, if DLC's are delayed, you might have moved on to your next game and thus, you wouldn't bought all the DLC's to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never pre ordered before. How do I get the cool pre order extras? How does the game know I pre ordered? Do I get a special "key code" when I buy? Going to pre ordered Borderlands 2 and I'm curious how it works.

Got my key from GMG for BL2. Got it all downloaded and installed waiting for the 18th now.

Never pre ordered before. How do I get the cool pre order extras? How does the game know I pre ordered? Do I get a special "key code" when I buy? Going to pre ordered Borderlands 2 and I'm curious how it works.
With Amazon, they are emailing the Premier Club codes 2 days after it ships. Then when you get Borderlands 2, I assume there will be a screen where you can enter the code.

You have to order it from one of the participating retailers. Go to gamestop or their website and click on their BL2 pre-order or go to counter and tell the guy you want to pre-order. Extras will come when you pick it up, DLC codes and such, normally on receipt for gamestop. Amazon sends the DLC codes to your email...Amazon special is normally free same day delivery on release day, but the BL2 doesn't have that option.

My son is getting BlOps 2, so I figured I would play some of the original and maybe get up to speed for the new release. Dear God I'm terrible at this game. As much as I want to like COD -- because at least you know it has a huge community -- this game combines pretty much everything I hate in FPSs: small maps, near-zero health, run-and-gun gameplay, etc.

Borderlands 2 looks amazing. I won't be preordering though, because I hate Gamestop and the kidgloves with which they treat the end user. "POWER to the PLAYERS," how patronizing. There's a place called Disc Replay here in Lexington that I'll pick it up from. They're local and they give people fair market value for video games instead of stiffing them with pennies on the dollar for used games.

The whole DLC onslaught going on with games these days is extremely obnoxious, especially since we're not even given the option of a straight digital download. Why do I gotta stand in line like an idiot behind a bunch of 12 year olds with their moms? Why can't I just download the thing like yesterday? Why do I gotta pay for the overhead on shipping, commercial property and a physical copy?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, console game distribution is about 83 lightyears behind the PC market and you should buy your game from a local vendor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, console game distribution is about 83 lightyears behind the PC market and you should buy your game from a local vendor.
IMO you should buy your games from where you can get the best deal. That is typically online in my experience. When selling, you are almost never going to do better than you will on eBay.

I stopped using GameStop years ago once I realized how much better you can do on both the buying and selling online.

IMO you should buy your games from where you can get the best deal. That is typically online in my experience. When selling, you are almost never going to do better than you will on eBay.

I stopped using GameStop years ago once I realized how much better you can do on both the buying and selling online.
Technically, you do get the best market value for used games on Goozex (seriously an amazing service), but you're right, damn near every retailer that isn't Gamestop will give you a much better deal buying/selling used games. I haven't purchased a new game from Amazon yet but they always have some real good deals goin on.

Technically, you do get the best market value for used games on Goozex (seriously an amazing service), but you're right, damn near every retailer that isn't Gamestop will give you a much better deal buying/selling used games. I haven't purchased a new game from Amazon yet but they always have some real good deals goin on.
Amazon only here... get release day delivery and usually 10-15 doll are credit for future games.don't usually care about the other preorder crap. Just NHL 13 for 30 because of my credits

Amazon only here... get release day delivery and usually 10-15 doll are credit for future games.don't usually care about the other preorder crap. Just NHL 13 for 30 because of my credits
95% of the time I buy games on Amazon (we have a credit card that gives 3% back on all purchases on top of what ever normal deals they cut).100% of the time I sell back on Ebay

Hey Eddie - how about updating the first post with list of PS3, 360 and Steam username/tags, etc? I know I'm way out of date with updating PS3 names from around these parts.BTW - I'm driftinj on both PS3 and Steam
If someone posts a list ill do it for sure.

Just bought Borderlands 2 from greenmangaming.com for $48. Little bummed cause there was a promo that expired two hours ago I could have gotten it for $36.

NOTE: for anyone that plans to buy it from greenmangaming, they are a UK Business that sells NA versions of games cheap and will give steam keys at checkout, but since they are based in the UK unless you use an international bank you should pay with paypal to avoid headaches.

Just bought Borderlands 2 from greenmangaming.com for $48. Little bummed cause there was a promo that expired two hours ago I could have gotten it for $36.NOTE: for anyone that plans to buy it from greenmangaming, they are a UK Business that sells NA versions of games cheap and will give steam keys at checkout, but since they are based in the UK unless you use an international bank you should pay with paypal to avoid headaches.
Make sure to get that preloading going sooner than later.

Just bought Borderlands 2 from greenmangaming.com for $48. Little bummed cause there was a promo that expired two hours ago I could have gotten it for $36.NOTE: for anyone that plans to buy it from greenmangaming, they are a UK Business that sells NA versions of games cheap and will give steam keys at checkout, but since they are based in the UK unless you use an international bank you should pay with paypal to avoid headaches.
Already done, feel so old - gonna have to take a nap if I wanna be awake at midnight.

Already done, feel so old - gonna have to take a nap if I wanna be awake at midnight.
I know for a fact I won't be playing a game at midnight, but I will certainly play around with it a bit this week, though we also have TL2 out on Thursday.

Can't get my code til tomorrow when I get the PC version from the store (I had a $20 gift card to use). You think it would be beneficial to just install the disk at first and add it to Steam after a couple of days when the download server won't be bogged down?

Told the wife to set her alarm so she could be at GameStop at midnight and pick up my copy. She said no. Women. They can be so unreasonable.

Can't get my code til tomorrow when I get the PC version from the store (I had a $20 gift card to use). You think it would be beneficial to just install the disk at first and add it to Steam after a couple of days when the download server won't be bogged down?
Wouldn't hurt, I guess?

Borderlands 2: PS3

ID is either GenSplatton or TxTransplant. I forget which account I use for Borderlands. It's one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot that I had pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and started Deus Ex this weekend and now I'm knee deep in it :wall:

driftinj on the PS3

I'm playing quite a bit of Battlefield 3 multiplayer on Xbox. I started in July after growing a little too bored from Modern Warfare 3. Also finishing Uncharted 3 and Arkham City on the PS3.

I preordered Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2 this weekend on the Xbox.

I'm skipping Borderlands, but I'm Ajax35 on the PS3. I'll probably be doing BLOPS2, and you'll definitely want to be on whatever team it is that I'm not on.

There is the Humble Indie Bundle right now with some great titles - pay what you want for: My link

So you can pay $1 total, and get Torchlight, Space Pirates and Zombies, Rochard, Shatter and Vessel. Pay more than $5.50 and get Dustforce. S.P.A.Z. looks intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread