What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Currently about 5 minutes into the metal gear solid HD collection. Unfortunately MSG 2 feels like one of those games that is just too dated to really enjoy at this point. That's going to be a struggle to finish.

Preordered NBA2k13 and Halo 4 as well. Haven't been this exited about a sports game and a halo sequel since 2004- both games looks great.
That's a shame because that was the one that had the most action IIRC, and the one I wanted to play the most.
And also the one where the storyline began to make not a ### #### lick of sense. I've played it within the last 3 years. It still holds up IMO. Of course I love the series. I still play MGS on the PS1 from time to time. Now that looks dated but brings back so many good memories.

Currently about 5 minutes into the metal gear solid HD collection. Unfortunately MSG 2 feels like one of those games that is just too dated to really enjoy at this point. That's going to be a struggle to finish.

Preordered NBA2k13 and Halo 4 as well. Haven't been this exited about a sports game and a halo sequel since 2004- both games looks great.
That's a shame because that was the one that had the most action IIRC, and the one I wanted to play the most.
And also the one where the storyline began to make not a ### #### lick of sense. I've played it within the last 3 years. It still holds up IMO. Of course I love the series. I still play MGS on the PS1 from time to time. Now that looks dated but brings back so many good memories.
Yea, I think I was thinking of MGS 1/ The one where you start off sneaking onto a boat.

Yea, I think I was thinking of MGS 1/ The one where you start off sneaking onto a boat.
Nope that's MGS2. MGS1 is sneaking into Shadow Moses island from the 1 man sub. I think thos graphics are pretty amazing considering it was PS2. Still blows some games today away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up Deus Ex as well as the extra chapter (Missing Link) this weekend. Enjoyed the game but some pretty big flaws with the AI that made it too simple. The only way to get over it was to stay "in character" and not take advantage of how bad it was. Enjoyed it overall but nowhere near where it should have been.

RE6 got a 7.9 rating from IGN....YIKES!
RE4 is probably my favorite game of all time, or at least in my top 5. RE5 had its moments, but it was mostly mediocre.

I'm not even going to bother with RE6 until it hits the bargain bin.

Part of me wants to say that I don't see why Capcom can't learn from Dead Space. It's not that difficult to design an action-horror game with good atmosphere and tight controls. But then again EA is in the process of ruining the Dead Space franchise, so maybe it is that difficult.

Finished up Deus Ex as well as the extra chapter (Missing Link) this weekend. Enjoyed the game but some pretty big flaws with the AI that made it too simple. The only way to get over it was to stay "in character" and not take advantage of how bad it was. Enjoyed it overall but nowhere near where it should have been.
About how I felt. Good game overall but felt incomplete and rushed.Cool piano version of the main theme.

All I play is Battlefield 3. That's it. Nothing else interests me. Besides, I don't have the time to play different games so I just play one and get really, really good at it.

Where do you guys find the time?

All I play is Battlefield 3. That's it. Nothing else interests me. Besides, I don't have the time to play different games so I just play one and get really, really good at it.Where do you guys find the time?
Take the time you'd play Battlefield 3 and put it toward a different game. Maybe tomorrow it's another game. Maybe it's the same one. Maybe you just play til you finish that game. Then on to another game. But 2-3 hours of Battlefield 3 a night vs 2-3 hours of another game is still the same amount of time used to play a game.

All I play is Battlefield 3. That's it. Nothing else interests me. Besides, I don't have the time to play different games so I just play one and get really, really good at it.Where do you guys find the time?
That's a pretty bleak existence. Even when I was spending all my time on FPS (counter strike, TF2, Bad Company 2), I still made time for the good games of the time. And I was also a huge madden junky till 2006. There are other games out there. Better ones in the same genre even than Battlefield. Online play loses its meaning after about a month max to me. Need something fresh to keep me interested.

All I play is Battlefield 3. That's it. Nothing else interests me. Besides, I don't have the time to play different games so I just play one and get really, really good at it.
You are really missing out. Playing one game day after day just sounds awful. I guess you have no idea what you're missing though since you concentrate solely on the one.Edit to add: I play at most an hour a day three or four days a week. It isn't like I'm sinking tons of time in to multiple games at the exclusion of all else.

I do not want to spam the thread or forum, but, I have a friend who just released his first video game for download on mac and PC. It's a hidden object/puzzle/point&click game with an Amusement Park theme (the mini games will be pulled out for mobile at a later date). It's a good game to play with your kids or waste time. I'd like to post a link to download if you're interested, but I will refrain if that's frowned upon.

I do not want to spam the thread or forum, but, I have a friend who just released his first video game for download on mac and PC. It's a hidden object/puzzle/point&click game with an Amusement Park theme (the mini games will be pulled out for mobile at a later date). It's a good game to play with your kids or waste time. I'd like to post a link to download if you're interested, but I will refrain if that's frowned upon.
Go for it!

Go for it!
PC Version: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/19325/amusement-world/index.htmlMAC: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/18958/mac/amusement-world/index.html

It was the #1 Family game for Mac after its initial release. It's at #3 now. It's a pretty simple game, but fun. Probably more fun for kids, as it's not particularly challenging, although I played the amusement park style games on casual.

It's also available on other sites like Wildtangent if prefer them to bigfishgames.

Thanks!

Anyone pick up XCOM: Enemy Unknown yet?

I nabbed it yesterday and put in about 3 hours so far. It's fun. I'm not sure the replay value will be quite as high as Civilization, but there's a nice balance of military ground fighting, RPG style stats and leveling, and Civ-style tactics.

ETA: just a warning for you military game fanatics out there - this is a turn-based game. So the ground fighting is more like old-school Neverwinter Nights than Black Ops.

Anyone pick up XCOM: Enemy Unknown yet?

I nabbed it yesterday and put in about 3 hours so far. It's fun. I'm not sure the replay value will be quite as high as Civilization, but there's a nice balance of military ground fighting, RPG style stats and leveling, and Civ-style tactics.

ETA: just a warning for you military game fanatics out there - this is a turn-based game. So the ground fighting is more like old-school Neverwinter Nights than Black Ops.
Had planned to get this on release day. However, with Borderlands 2 having just come out, and only being half way through my first playthrough, XCOM will have to wait a bit. Glad to hear it is still turn based. That's what I was hoping for.

Has anyone played Resident Evil 6 yet? Big fan of the series, with a backlog of games I'll wait to get it but still curious to what people think of it.

Has anyone played Resident Evil 6 yet? Big fan of the series, with a backlog of games I'll wait to get it but still curious to what people think of it.
I pre-ordered it a few months ago (love all things RE) but have yet to open it. My gaming time is limited and being taken up by Borderlands 2. With the bad reviews I am going to try to find some time to play thru it pretty soon (hopefully I'll ahve time this weekend) and then turn around and sell it immediately to recoup some cash.I both love hate the Sept-Nov time frame, too many good games come out and not enough time.

Like you I play TF2 and LFD2 and not much else.I got really good at them and play with a same people most every night (especially in TF2). Sadly I think TF2 is dying and am going to be forced to move onto a new game.

I both love hate the Sept-Nov time frame, too many good games come out and not enough time.
I love it. Sure I won't buy most the games for a few months. But by then, they are half the price or less, and still just as good.
Depends on the games you are talking about. I had no problem picking up the Mass Effects, Fallout 3 or Bioshock 2 for example used and much cheaper. However, more and more games have heavy multiplayer or co-op aspects now. If you are playing 6 months or a year later you are missing out on a large part of the fun/experience.For instance, I've tried slogging thru Borderlands 2 solo a few times the last two weeks and its not the same game at all as it is playing co-op. Or try picking up a Modern Warfare game after 6 months when all the teenagers have memorized every multiplayer map forwards and backwards.

I both love hate the Sept-Nov time frame, too many good games come out and not enough time.
I love it. Sure I won't buy most the games for a few months. But by then, they are half the price or less, and still just as good.
Depends on the games you are talking about. I had no problem picking up the Mass Effects, Fallout 3 or Bioshock 2 for example used and much cheaper. However, more and more games have heavy multiplayer or co-op aspects now. If you are playing 6 months or a year later you are missing out on a large part of the fun/experience.

For instance, I've tried slogging thru Borderlands 2 solo a few times the last two weeks and its not the same game at all as it is playing co-op. Or try picking up a Modern Warfare game after 6 months when all the teenagers have memorized every multiplayer map forwards and backwards.
Amen. I call it "Bored-erlands" solo for a reason (yes, bad joke...move on). I'm gonna start running some games public so others can join or join other's games now that I've played through the story. Even with randoms, it's better than solo.

Depends on the games you are talking about. I had no problem picking up the Mass Effects, Fallout 3 or Bioshock 2 for example used and much cheaper. However, more and more games have heavy multiplayer or co-op aspects now. If you are playing 6 months or a year later you are missing out on a large part of the fun/experience.For instance, I've tried slogging thru Borderlands 2 solo a few times the last two weeks and its not the same game at all as it is playing co-op. Or try picking up a Modern Warfare game after 6 months when all the teenagers have memorized every multiplayer map forwards and backwards.
Yea, true I guess. I simply don't do online play at all. I have played one PS3 game online and it just reiterated my opinion of the online community. So, as a strictly single player type, I guess my perspective is much different. I simply don't care about the online aspect. I don't consider a game that doesn't have a good single player component to it.As for Borderlands 2, I love the single player aspect. Not sure why it's considered dull single player (in reference to the other person's comment, not yours).

Depends on the games you are talking about. I had no problem picking up the Mass Effects, Fallout 3 or Bioshock 2 for example used and much cheaper. However, more and more games have heavy multiplayer or co-op aspects now. If you are playing 6 months or a year later you are missing out on a large part of the fun/experience.

For instance, I've tried slogging thru Borderlands 2 solo a few times the last two weeks and its not the same game at all as it is playing co-op. Or try picking up a Modern Warfare game after 6 months when all the teenagers have memorized every multiplayer map forwards and backwards.
Yea, true I guess. I simply don't do online play at all. I have played one PS3 game online and it just reiterated my opinion of the online community. So, as a strictly single player type, I guess my perspective is much different. I simply don't care about the online aspect. I don't consider a game that doesn't have a good single player component to it.As for Borderlands 2, I love the single player aspect. Not sure why it's considered dull single player (in reference to the other person's comment, not yours).
Borderlands 2 is phenomenal solo. I have not even given a second thought to playing co op yet and have already completed the first play through. I might do some co op for trophy hunting only but it could not be more fun for me solo.

My life is officially over on late night weekends.

XCOM Enemy Unknown is my new crack pipe.

AMAZING GAME.

'NewlyRetired said:
'TxBuckeye said:
'Buckna said:

Borderlands 2 is phenomenal solo. I have not even given a second thought to playing co op yet and have already completed the first play through. I might do some co op for trophy hunting only but it could not be more fun for me solo.
Borderlands 2 has exceeded all my expecations and I am only playing solo thus far. Betwen this, XCOM and The Show 12....I am set for a long time.

'fasteddie_21 said:
Xcom...nothing in here yet?!?
Played for a few hours last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it so far. You really get punished for bad moves. I've gotten wiped in easy missions and hung it up last night when I finished a "very difficult" terror mission without losing a guy. I figure next time I'm gonna get wiped so I went to bed. It has some annoyances. I hate the camera, for instance. Some of the sightlines are odd. I find the PS3 interface to be very clunky. Other than that, though, it is a bucket of fun.

'NewlyRetired said:
'TxBuckeye said:
'Buckna said:

Borderlands 2 has exceeded all my expecations and I am only playing solo thus far. Betwen this, XCOM and The Show 12....I am set for a long time.
It's not that I don't find the single player experience to be a good value, but playing with friends far exceeds playing alone. I see it like eating in your favorite restaurant. Sure, it's still great food and a good atmosphere, but it's so much better with others. I can almost play all night if I have someone with me that's willing to keep pushing, but alone I get bored after a mission and sometimes half-way through. I don't know why. It's just a preference. Like when I play Battlefield, I prefer playing with the FBG rather than playing with randoms in my squad.I do have to admit that the solo experience in this one seems to be better than the first Borderlands, which I also had the same thoughts about. I contribute that on the higher difficulty.

'fasteddie_21 said:
Played for a few hours last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it so far. You really get punished for bad moves. I've gotten wiped in easy missions and hung it up last night when I finished a "very difficult" terror mission without losing a guy. I figure next time I'm gonna get wiped so I went to bed. It has some annoyances. I hate the camera, for instance. Some of the sightlines are odd. I find the PS3 interface to be very clunky. Other than that, though, it is a bucket of fun.
I haven't played a video game in months but I'm going to have to play this - X-COM is my all-time favorite game.

'fasteddie_21 said:
I haven't played a video game in months but I'm going to have to play this - X-COM is my all-time favorite game.
At some point we'll need to start a multiplayer thread for this. How would it work? I'm, admittedly, a noob when it comes to multiplaying any game. Would one player get to play the aliens? That would be a whole other level to this game - new tech, new units, etc. Would it be done over months, like a good game of chess?

'Herc said:
'biggamer3 said:
anyone picking up Dishonored? Got amazing reviews
Picked it up today. I'll probably get an hour or two into it tonight and post something tomorrow.Reviews looked real good and I was looking for a new RPG.
played for a couple hours. Took about 45 min to do the tutorial, which is also the back story for the game. I was stealthing everywhere all the time so my movement was pretty slow. There are a fair amount of cutscenes, but not overly so to this point. It kind of reminds me of the old thief games, you can choose to stealth past people or fight them all head on.I havent instantly fallen in love with this game like I did Skyrim. Let me get a little further into the game before I make a recommendation. I am not saying its a bad game to this point but its not one where I keep saying I'll quit after I turn this quest in and then go do another quest and its 3 am before I realize it.

'Herc said:
'biggamer3 said:
Picked it up today. I'll probably get an hour or two into it tonight and post something tomorrow.Reviews looked real good and I was looking for a new RPG.
played for a couple hours. Took about 45 min to do the tutorial, which is also the back story for the game. I was stealthing everywhere all the time so my movement was pretty slow. There are a fair amount of cutscenes, but not overly so to this point. It kind of reminds me of the old thief games, you can choose to stealth past people or fight them all head on.I havent instantly fallen in love with this game like I did Skyrim. Let me get a little further into the game before I make a recommendation. I am not saying its a bad game to this point but its not one where I keep saying I'll quit after I turn this quest in and then go do another quest and its 3 am before I realize it.
thanks man

'Herc said:
'biggamer3 said:
I watched a review for it and it looks amazing. Looks like a game you can really immerse yourself into. Seems to be a good mix between a Bioshock and Thief set in a alternate London.

'fasteddie_21 said:
At some point we'll need to start a multiplayer thread for this. How would it work? I'm, admittedly, a noob when it comes to multiplaying any game. Would one player get to play the aliens? That would be a whole other level to this game - new tech, new units, etc. Would it be done over months, like a good game of chess?
You get a set number of money to buy whatever units and equipment you want. So you can have mixed alien/human squads. There is a video out there of a match. Took like 20 minutes for a game to play out.

'NewlyRetired said:
'TxBuckeye said:
'Buckna said:

It's not that I don't find the single player experience to be a good value, but playing with friends far exceeds playing alone. I see it like eating in your favorite restaurant. Sure, it's still great food and a good atmosphere, but it's so much better with others. I can almost play all night if I have someone with me that's willing to keep pushing, but alone I get bored after a mission and sometimes half-way through. I don't know why. It's just a preference. Like when I play Battlefield, I prefer playing with the FBG rather than playing with randoms in my squad.I do have to admit that the solo experience in this one seems to be better than the first Borderlands, which I also had the same thoughts about. I contribute that on the higher difficulty.
Ive never been more disapointed in an FBG recommendation than i was with Borderlands 1. I didnt play coop, and that game could not have been more medicore. I can see how it might of been fun in multiplayer, however.

Ive never been more disapointed in an FBG recommendation than i was with Borderlands 1. I didnt play coop, and that game could not have been more medicore. I can see how it might of been fun in multiplayer, however.
I enjoyed it. Played it with three of the four characters solo. :shrug:

Soooo... for the Xcom folks. I think my first game is winding down here. I suffered from a severe lack of engineers the first couple months. I gather the only way to get engineers is to select the proper mission/reward? I don't see any other methods for acquiring those guys.

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot for the life of me find where to build new interceptors. It never comes up in the engineering build menus. Any hints?

'Herc said:
'biggamer3 said:
I watched a review for it and it looks amazing. Looks like a game you can really immerse yourself into. Seems to be a good mix between a Bioshock and Thief set in a alternate London.
The graphics are very nice. A mix of bioshock and thief is a pretty good explanation. I have learned 1 magic spell at this point which is teleport and and a beating heart which shows you where runes are. Runes are how you level up your character. You also get runes as quest(side quest) rewards, at least at this early stage.Like I said its enjoyable, but it hasnt grabbed me like Skyrim did. I think part of my issue is your character NEVER talks. You can interact with people and they talk to you, but you choose a reply and the other character responds. Maybe I am spoiled by Dragon Age, Skyrim, and War of the North. I just dont feel as attached to my character to this point.I am still barely starting the game, so this is subject to change. Just trying to be objective.

Users who are viewing this thread