What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (19 Viewers)

I just started playing my Skyrim character again. She's a lesbian dark elf archer/assassin who married the hot sister from the golden claw quest early in the game. We have 2 daughters and seemingly a pet Giant who likes to hang out in front of our lakeside manor. Love how progressive the citizens of Skyrim are. When it comes to the main quest, I believe I'm on the step where I have to go meet the old dudes way up on the mountain. Haven't really touched it yet.

I just started playing my Skyrim character again. She's a lesbian dark elf archer/assassin who married the hot sister from the golden claw quest early in the game. We have 2 daughters and seemingly a pet Giant who likes to hang out in front of our lakeside manor. Love how progressive the citizens of Skyrim are. When it comes to the main quest, I believe I'm on the step where I have to go meet the old dudes way up on the mountain. Haven't really touched it yet.
Just started playing again as well. They made house-building in Hearthfire a serious pain.

Just started playing again as well. They made house-building in Hearthfire a serious pain.
I thought they made it way too easy.

How so? Running around trying to find materials to make locks and hinges isn't particularly fun. And when you ask the steward to furnish the house for you, it takes forever.

Yankee23Fan said:
After seeing it mentioned a ton I am going to figure out what this Steam thing is you'll refer to all the time.

In the meantime, I continued my quest(s) in the ruins of Washington D.C. Saw a place on the map I hadn't been to before - Ol Olney and near it Vault 92. Ol Olney was fun. Deathclaws galore. It's really not fair to the bad guys when you have Fawkes. But it's funny. Played around in the sewers under the town. And then found Vault 92. I haven't found the old lady yet to do the quest there (which I didn't know existed until I was done playing and looked it up) and didn't really examine each and every room that closely but I will go back.

Question on Ol-Olney sewers - there was a spot where there was a cave dug and it just ended in a dead end with a generator light and a skeleton - is that supposed to be something like they were trying to dig into the Vault, or did my game glitch and there should have been another room there? I was expecting like a Deathclaw chamber or something and it was just nothing.
Fallout: New Vegas and all it's DLC on sale today and tomorrow for $6.79. May as well get yourself ready for your next adventure into the wasteland.

I assume with all these steam sales, that is download the game straight from their site?
There's a client you download and it manages your games downloads. You can remove them locally and re download them via the client at any time keeping your saves intact. It's a pretty slick system.

Steam is only PC. Crap. I don't play on the PC. I hate playing on the PC. Unless it's CIV and I'm at work and looking for an excuse to not work and kill some Carthaginians or Celts or somesuch.

How so? Running around trying to find materials to make locks and hinges isn't particularly fun. And when you ask the steward to furnish the house for you, it takes forever.
I'm a horder so I'm always collecting iron. The clay and stone are right there next to your house, straw and glass available at every shop, need some lumber just get it delivered from the mill instantly. Just seemed like in no time I had built a huge house and pretty much furnished it right away.

I'm a horder so I'm always collecting iron. The clay and stone are right there next to your house, straw and glass available at every shop, need some lumber just get it delivered from the mill instantly. Just seemed like in no time I had built a huge house and pretty much furnished it right away.
Iron is usually my main limiting resource, but there is often some other weird item that I don't typically use (leather strips, etc) that causes me to make extra trips and get frustrated. I asked my steward to furnish the place about a week ago in game time and it still isn't set up enough to move my adopted kids into it yet.

Yankee23Fan said:
Skyrim sounds interesting. I don't know if I can enjoy magic type games though. But I'm considering it
Skyrim is a great game and I highly suggest it. However if you're one of those people who literally can't get past a game with a certain mechanic/theme, then shame on you but try out Far Cry 3. I just bought it in the summer sale and must say it was worth it. It's basically Skyrim with guns in a jungle.

Major differences so far include:

Pros:

• Guns and lots of them
  • Slightly better graphics
  • Some vehicles (although limited amount)
  • Good upgrade system (go out and hunt/skin certain animals to increase how much stuff you can hold, etc)
  • Sniper Rifles (although they seem to only be effective at a maximum of 400 meters or so)
Cons:

• Story telling pales in comparison
  • No professions (You can pick flowers, but it's very basic)
  • No choices so far, at all, so very linear gameplay (I don't include exploration as a choice)

Last edited by a moderator:
For xbox? Cool. How
Sorry, thought you were on pc... my bad.
Nah it's ok.

As for Pots' post - I know. A gamer shouldn't really care. Still. Something about fantasy magic just hits too close to D&D to me and I'm just not there. But really, this thread has me interested in Skyrim. What I really need though to make houselife more livable in the video game realm, is to find a Skyrim-ish type game that is two players that is ok for a 10 year old that I could play with him. He loves that stuff but isn't ready yet for blood and gore of Skyrim levels (or any level really).

Really - I've said it before - but if they could make PAcific Rim a video game and let it be two player where we each either control the mech together like the movie or each have our own mech and battle together, he would literally be in nerd boy video game heaven.

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.

As for Pots' post - I know. A gamer shouldn't really care. Still. Something about fantasy magic just hits too close to D&D to me and I'm just not there. But really, this thread has me interested in Skyrim. What I really need though to make houselife more livable in the video game realm, is to find a Skyrim-ish type game that is two players that is ok for a 10 year old that I could play with him. He loves that stuff but isn't ready yet for blood and gore of Skyrim levels (or any level really).

Really - I've said it before - but if they could make PAcific Rim a video game and let it be two player where we each either control the mech together like the movie or each have our own mech and battle together, he would literally be in nerd boy video game heaven.
I think Lego games are really the thing for you guys to share.

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.

Been there done that. That's the problem. He's past that but not ready for Fallout / Skyrim type stuff. No sexual suggestion of any kind will be allowed. You can flame away on that. Really don't care. I'm ok with a little bit of blood but my experience is there is either a lot or none while I need in between.

He's just at that age right now where he is between stages. It happens.

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.As for Pots' post - I know. A gamer shouldn't really care. Still. Something about fantasy magic just hits too close to D&D to me and I'm just not there. But really, this thread has me interested in Skyrim. What I really need though to make houselife more livable in the video game realm, is to find a Skyrim-ish type game that is two players that is ok for a 10 year old that I could play with him. He loves that stuff but isn't ready yet for blood and gore of Skyrim levels (or any level really).

Been there done that. That's the problem. He's past that but not ready for Fallout / Skyrim type stuff. No sexual suggestion of any kind will be allowed. You can flame away on that. Really don't care. I'm ok with a little bit of blood but my experience is there is either a lot or none while I need in between.He's just at that age right now where he is between stages. It happens.
Civilization !!

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.As for Pots' post - I know. A gamer shouldn't really care. Still. Something about fantasy magic just hits too close to D&D to me and I'm just not there. But really, this thread has me interested in Skyrim. What I really need though to make houselife more livable in the video game realm, is to find a Skyrim-ish type game that is two players that is ok for a 10 year old that I could play with him. He loves that stuff but isn't ready yet for blood and gore of Skyrim levels (or any level really).

Been there done that. That's the problem. He's past that but not ready for Fallout / Skyrim type stuff. No sexual suggestion of any kind will be allowed. You can flame away on that. Really don't care. I'm ok with a little bit of blood but my experience is there is either a lot or none while I need in between.He's just at that age right now where he is between stages. It happens.
Civilization !!
I will be honest - I never tought of CIV which makes me feel like a putz. Still, you can't go two player in CIV that I know of. But it does give me ideas.

Seriously, how did I think of CIV......

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.

You can check out Child of Light. No gore. You can be his helper (he gets the main action). My 9 year old loved it.

For xbox? Cool. How

Civilization !!
I will be honest - I never tought of CIV which makes me feel like a putz. Still, you can't go two player in CIV that I know of. But it does give me ideas.Seriously, how did I think of CIV......
no 2 player, but the game on 360 is more simplistic and my 8 y.o. has started dabbling with it

we have also had a blast with the Rayman games and DeBlob.

if you want an intro to first person shooters without blood, the paintball games might not be a bad option.

I assume with all these steam sales, that is download the game straight from their site?
There's a client you download and it manages your games downloads. You can remove them locally and re download them via the client at any time keeping your saves intact. It's a pretty slick system.
damn my ####ty internet then. I guess I won't spend much money though.
My internet connection is crap too. I just let the downloads run all night. It can handle multiple ones at a time as well. You get used to it, and it's worth the inconvenience for the ridiculous savings. If your PC gets shut off, the download starts right back up as soon as possible.

damn my ####ty internet then. I guess I won't spend much money though.
My internet connection is crap too. I just let the downloads run all night. It can handle multiple ones at a time as well. You get used to it, and it's worth the inconvenience for the ridiculous savings. If your PC gets shut off, the download starts right back up as soon as possible.
we have satellite, so it caps us at X-Gb/month. i assume most games are several gb each to download?

I have a few nights of interrupted gaming coming, which game should I start/revisit:

1. New Vegas

2. Go back and play FO3 the correct way (don't break it at level 12 this time).

3. Finish Red Dead Redemption (first time I played a little into Mexico, recently rebooted it and getting close to that point again).

4. Assassin's Creed Arrhhhhhggg I'm a Pirate!@~!@~~@ (I probably have 20 hours into this, got bored).

5. ME 2

6. Skyrim (got bored with this once I could one shot kill stuff with a bow)

7. Far Cry 3 (got bored with this after half a dozen towers/camps or so).

8. Other

Didn't know this was possible.

I've been playing a bit again too. Just leveled up from 65 to 66. :o

I have a few nights of interrupted gaming coming, which game should I start/revisit:

1. New Vegas

3. Finish Red Dead Redemption (first time I played a little into Mexico, recently rebooted it and getting close to that point again).

4. Assassin's Creed Arrhhhhhggg I'm a Pirate!@~!@~~@ (I probably have 20 hours into this, got bored).

5. ME 2

8. Other
ME2 would get my vote. it leads you around more by the nose, which might help you ADD.

1. New Vegas

5. ME 2

8. Other
ME2 would get my vote. it leads you around more by the nose, which might help you ADD.
leaning Skyrim + Hearthstone so I can get bored and quit some half-finished home improvements.

For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.

Been there done that. That's the problem. He's past that but not ready for Fallout / Skyrim type stuff. No sexual suggestion of any kind will be allowed. You can flame away on that. Really don't care. I'm ok with a little bit of blood but my experience is there is either a lot or none while I need in between.

Why would I flame you? Your child, your choice. Although we both know he has probably already seen worse than he ever will in the vast overwhelming majority of video games. I mean he does have friends and they do have the internet right? But regardless your call to make and you have to do what you think is right.

You know a shooter I like is Serious Sam. They have it on Xbox. You can two player it. There is no sex. And IIRC you can turn off gore. It isn't open world really but it is a lot of fun IMO.

1. New Vegas

5. ME 2

8. Other
leaning Skyrim + Hearthstone so I can get bored and quit some half-finished home improvements.
I don't think I've ever really abandoned this game since midnight of its launch. Other games like Fallout3 die off for a year and get a resurrection. Civilization goes through months of no playing. But I don't think I've stopped playing Skyrim for longer than a week.

For xbox? Cool. How

Why would I flame you? Your child, your choice. Although we both know he has probably already seen worse than he ever will in the vast overwhelming majority of video games. I mean he does have friends and they do have the internet right? But regardless your call to make and you have to do what you think is right.

You know a shooter I like is Serious Sam. They have it on Xbox. You can two player it. There is no sex. And IIRC you can turn off gore. It isn't open world really but it is a lot of fun IMO.
How about Marvel Ultimate Alliance? It's an action RPG like Diablo but with a Marvel theme and no blood and gore.

For xbox? Cool. How

How about Marvel Ultimate Alliance? It's an action RPG like Diablo but with a Marvel theme and no blood and gore.
Haven't plahyed that one.

I fall asleep every time I play Skyrim. I wake up at 4AM with the controller still in my hand.
Can't even imagine. With all this talk about Skyrim lately I may have to get back in for a while. I kind of miss taking souls, killing dragons and the occasional foray into home building.

I fall asleep every time I play Skyrim. I wake up at 4AM with the controller still in my hand.
this was me and ME1.
Now this I can imagine. I will retry it but first time in ME1 just didn't grab me.
I understand it more with Skyrim though I like both. Skyrim requires you to make your character's story up in your head as you go along because there's virtually none in the game.
True. Since you tend to have no family or anything I go with the Skyrim version of the knight errant. Someone who wanders in search of chivalrous adventures saving the occasional damsel, vanquishing evil at every turn, laughing at danger(well once I level up a bit) and generally just building my legend.

this was me and ME1.
Now this I can imagine. I will retry it but first time in ME1 just didn't grab me.
I understand it more with Skyrim though I like both. Skyrim requires you to make your character's story up in your head as you go along because there's virtually none in the game.
True. Since you tend to have no family or anything I go with the Skyrim version of the knight errant. Someone who wanders in search of chivalrous adventures saving the occasional damsel, vanquishing evil at every turn, laughing at danger(well once I level up a bit) and generally just building my legend.
I have four different characters I play in Skyrim and they all have their own stories. I play whichever I feel like engaging.

My main one is a morally ambivalent uberbadass, master vampire, master assassin, master thief, master warrior, and a pretty decent mage when he has to be. He just rides around on Shadowmere wrecking havoc and helping out the occasional dolt.

Then there's Big Gay Orc. He's big. He wields the legendary magic two-handed warhammer of the orcs (forgot its name). He only fights for noble causes. And he's married to the Big Hairy Smith in the small town just north of Riften.

There's a cat alchemist. Not all that developed. Loves to sneak and shoot poison arrows. Paralysis poison is a favorite. He hits him from far, then runs up and taunts them on the ground before dual daggering them to death.

I also have a high elven Archemage who has a real twisted and angry relationship with the Thalmor. They make elves looks bad, he says. They should die on sight, he thinks. Other than them, he's a straight up good guy book nerd.

this was me and ME1.
I have four different characters I play in Skyrim and they all have their own stories. I play whichever I feel like engaging.

My main one is a morally ambivalent uberbadass, master vampire, master assassin, master thief, master warrior, and a pretty decent mage when he has to be. He just rides around on Shadowmere wrecking havoc and helping out the occasional dolt.

Then there's Big Gay Orc. He's big. He wields the legendary magic two-handed warhammer of the orcs (forgot its name). He only fights for noble causes. And he's married to the Big Hairy Smith in the small town just north of Riften.

There's a cat alchemist. Not all that developed. Loves to sneak and shoot poison arrows. Paralysis poison is a favorite. He hits him from far, then runs up and taunts them on the ground before dual daggering them to death.

I also have a high elven Archemage who has a real twisted and angry relationship with the Thalmor. They make elves looks bad, he says. They should die on sight, he thinks. Other than them, he's a straight up good guy book nerd.
Very interesting takes.

Yankee23Fan said:
NCCommish said:
Yankee23Fan said:
The Tick said:
Yankee23Fan said:
For xbox? Cool. How
Nah it's ok.

did you ever try the Earth Defense Force game a few of us mentioned awhile back? If not, you should.

Decided to take a walk to Rivet City. I figured if I leveled up once before getting there, I wouldn't lose out on too much. Been taking the sneak/lockpick perk along with the education perk. Like I posted before, I like lockpick skill, and I like sneaking around. Still doing more science than normal too. I think I am approaching level 6, and will be hitting 100 lockpick then and getting into everything. I will take the back way to the professor hiding in Rivet City (forget his name), and get the android's gun afterward. I guess that means I have to do some energy weapon leveling now. Not sure what I will do after that. Need to poke around a little to get to the next level, so I might just wander a little.

Frank Drebin said:
NCCommish said:
Yankee23Fan said:
NCCommish said:
Yankee23Fan said:
The Tick said:
Yankee23Fan said:
For xbox? Cool. How

Great suggestion. 2 is actually better than the first, but I'd recommend playing the first so you have something to build to.

You guys are making me nervous with all the Skyrim talk. Magic and gay orcs?
Reasons why I couldn't get into the game, although I loved FO3 & New Vegas. I don't think the game was bad, it was just me. I still plan to go back and give it a shot again, whenever I knock out some of this backlog of games.

Users who are viewing this thread