What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (16 Viewers)

Yankee23Fan said:
Frank Drebin said:
So is The Taken King supposed to add on to the original Destiny (like, as in, it's a sequel) or replace it all together?
I didn't play Destiny until the Taken King came out, but it seems to me that it's kind of both. The Taken King portion of the game is a continuation of the story. It probably adds 6-8 hours of story line. It's also a massive expansion that ups the level cap, adds new strikes and a new raid and makes a lot of changes to the way your character, armor and weapons level up. Like I said, I didn't play before, but from what I know of the game, the Taken King expansion pretty much improves upon everything.
This is correct.
So if you buy The Taken King, you're getting all the Destiny content and then some? What I'm getting at is if you have Taken King is there any reason to have the original Destiny?
Ah - that I don't know. Already had Destiny and just bought the upgrade.

I want to say that the entire game and all of its DLC game with the Taken King upgrade within the playstation market but don't hold me to that.
Taken King has all the original Destiny plus expansions to date.
Correct. If you get the new package that says Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition it has everything in one. The original game, both original expansions and the Taken King. It's $50 on Amazon right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got stuck on one of the very last sequences in Uncharted 1 on Crushing and had to call it quits last night (re-entering the church with a bunch of snipers up top and guys rushing you down below). I hate going to sleep with a difficult segment unfinished, but it was for the best. I remember that segment being hard, but not quite that hard.

I got stuck on one of the very last sequences in Uncharted 1 on Crushing and had to call it quits last night (re-entering the church with a bunch of snipers up top and guys rushing you down below). I hate going to sleep with a difficult segment unfinished, but it was for the best. I remember that segment being hard, but not quite that hard.
Just finished that on hard. I'd imagine crushing is...crushing.

Seems like Halo 5 has zero buzz.

Wondering if I should cancel my pre-order.
I'm all in. I don't have time to spend hours every day playing online free for all anymore but I'm a big fan of the single player campaigns. I think I read they are expanding the online coop mission aspect too which I liked with Halo 4 (the Spartan missions or whatever).
Went ahead and put in my digital preorder, prompted by this post. Really looking forward to it despite the fact that I'll have no time to play it.

As part of the marketing, MS has been releasing a Serial-style podcast called "Hunt the Truth" which is about as good as a mostly tongue in cheek podcast about a video game storyline could be. Lots of A list talent and production values (voiced by actors from Parks and Rec, How I Met Your Mother, Silicon Valley). I'm enjoying it even though it's not high art.

Gotcah, thanks Tick. I want a 1TB machine, but I don't want Battlefield. We'll see what rolls around come the Holidays.

Also, can you use the PS4s as streaming devices (netflix, etc) yet?
Same here. Kinda excited to see what pricing Black Friday/Cyber Monday brings.

I'm not allowing myself to play video games leading up to Fallout 4 (other than some exo zombies with the gf on COD), so that I'm itching to play something and can go on the type of crazy 12 hour gaming binge I haven't indulged in since college, at least five years ago. Just don't have that kind of gaming stamina anymore even with epic RPG's but I want to force it. So I'm trying to create the perfect conditions, we'll see how it goes.

Pre ordered digital Fallout 4 today. :nerd:
Debating digital or hard copy. Probably go digital.
I'm going digital - question is whether I spring for the season pass. Is there any reason to do that up front? It seems like it's the same price as just buying the DLC as it releases, right?
Oh I'm sure buying the season pass gives you about a $15 discount over the long-haul.

I'm going digital from here on out. I've purchased two physical games for the Xbox one. This fat American is too lazy to get up and switch this anymore.

I'm going digital - question is whether I spring for the season pass. Is there any reason to do that up front? It seems like it's the same price as just buying the DLC as it releases, right?
I'm going digital from here on out. I've purchased two physical games for the Xbox one. This fat American is too lazy to get up and switch this anymore.
:lol: So we own all of the Seinfeld seasons on dvd but I dl'd them all from a torrent site awhile back because I hated getting up and changing them. Now I just push them to the chromecast. We've also rented movies from iTunes that we own because I'd rather drop the $3 than search through all of the DVDs we own from college trying to find the one I need.

:lol: So we own all of the Seinfeld seasons on dvd but I dl'd them all from a torrent site awhile back because I hated getting up and changing them. Now I just push them to the chromecast. We've also rented movies from iTunes that we own because I'd rather drop the $3 than search through all of the DVDs we own from college trying to find the one I need.
Does your guys' setup look something like this?

Does your guys' setup look something like this?
That would be pretty sweet.

We moved for my wife to go to grad school in the summer... I was really close to just selling the DVDs and getting rid of them completely. They'll be completely out of date like the vhs here soon enough.

I moved to a ps4
Add me K_A_N_I_L
I think we're friends :unsure:
Both Playstation and Xbox have this issue imo. You can be friends with who knows how many people but you don't really get information beyond that. Their should be something that tells you(if you allow it to disperse the info) that the person wants to play or plays these 2, 3, 4 games the most and wants to team up. Also make it so you could add a little caption on their friends list area noting how you know them maybe.

Oh I'm sure buying the season pass gives you about a $15 discount over the long-haul.

Game sharing = 50% off for xbox, does monkey play fallout?

Just can't stop playing XCom now. Thanks a lot, guys.

Well for another three weeks. I don't see how I'm going to get my head out of Fallout 4 when its released.

I have been playing Darkest Dungeon a bit and am struggling a ton. This game is brutal with the RNG and I can see why people encourage you not to become attached to any characters early in the game.

Finished The Walking Dead game last night... Much better than I expected. Pretty intense story and decent enough interaction to keep me interested. It was a glorified choose your own adventure book but it did it well and I enjoyed it.

B+.

Finished The Walking Dead game last night... Much better than I expected. Pretty intense story and decent enough interaction to keep me interested. It was a glorified choose your own adventure book but it did it well and I enjoyed it.

B+.
Season 2 rocks as well. 400 days is a nice shorter ride in between season 2.

I highly recommend you play 400 days then season 2. Amazing series.

I replayed all of it 3 times now. Seriously great video game story telling.

Why go digital when you can buy the game, the season pass, and get a pair of socks? Link.

B+.
Season 2 rocks as well. 400 days is a nice shorter ride in between season 2.I highly recommend you play 400 days then season 2. Amazing series.

The games with gold version came with 400 days so I'll do that...

Question: ((spoilers)). I know that Kenny is in season 2 because I saw a clip - he didn't make it in my game, so how does that work?

B+.
Season 2 rocks as well. 400 days is a nice shorter ride in between season 2.I highly recommend you play 400 days then season 2. Amazing series.

The games with gold version came with 400 days so I'll do that...

Question: ((spoilers)). I know that Kenny is in season 2 because I saw a clip - he didn't make it in my game, so how does that work?
Play season 2. That's all I will say.

Been playing Wasteland 2 Director's Cut since it was released. Improved in many ways like weapon balancing but they didn't touch attributes and the min/maxing that it promotes which is unfortunate. I enjoy the game quite a bit but wish there was more reason to have variety in character development, which really, is the core of a good RPG.

I moved to a ps4
Add me K_A_N_I_L
I think we're friends :unsure:
Both Playstation and Xbox have this issue imo. You can be friends with who knows how many people but you don't really get information beyond that. Their should be something that tells you(if you allow it to disperse the info) that the person wants to play or plays these 2, 3, 4 games the most and wants to team up. Also make it so you could add a little caption on their friends list area noting how you know them maybe.
Or you can, you know, like, send them a message?

I thought I asked before but can't find it. Thinking of broadening my horizons but every time I try a new type of game I hate it. Witcher 3. Is it like Skyrim where I have to do every freaking little thing just to upgrade a sword.

More like red dead? In the middle?

Diablo 3 I gave a chance and it was ok but nothing I'd play again

I thought I asked before but can't find it. Thinking of broadening my horizons but every time I try a new type of game I hate it. Witcher 3. Is it like Skyrim where I have to do every freaking little thing just to upgrade a sword.

Much more Skyrim than Red Dead. Upgrading weapons is just as complex but like Skyrim, you don't have to do it if you don't want - the weapons/armor you find laying around will be sufficient.

When I bought the XB1 bundle, I got NBA 2k16 thrown in. After playing for a bit, it's just not my game. It's probably because I'm not willing to put in the time, but I have much more fun playing madden online than the NBA game and I just find the controls frustrating. I haven't read anything to confirm this, but I also think the 2k servers are not nearly as fast as the EA servers because I get much more lag in the basketball game.

Anyway, with that said... GameStop trade in value is at like $30 for it so I think I'm going to take it by there (I tried selling it for $45 unopened on eBay and didn't get a bite). Games I'm interested in that I can make a clean swap for are:

Ryse

State of Decay Expanded edition

Far Cry 4 (loved the 3rd game - too similar?)

Shadow of Mordor (is this game like batman, because I got tired of that series)

Maybe something else depending on sales, but any thoughts on these?

I think Shadow is somewhat like Batman in its controls. I'm with you on the Batman fatigue.

Ryse is beautiful and kind of fun. But gets repetative.

No idea about State of Decay.

I'd personally go with Far Cry. Or trade toward Halo 5.

I am trying to finish up Witcher. If you like story driven RPGs, its pretty good. If you like pure RPGs, this is not your game.

I would say this is much more like Red Dead than Skyrim.

I am trying to finish up Witcher. If you like story driven RPGs, its pretty good. If you like pure RPGs, this is not your game.

I would say this is much more like Red Dead than Skyrim.
Similarities:

- you aren't creating a unique character. You are using the main character in the story.

- open world, but not as much random stuff as Skyrim. Lots of markers on the map, but not much to fill in the void between markers.

- pretty basic combat.

- weapons and armor are somewhat of a secondary concern unless you are playing the uber difficulty.

- inventory management isn't all that important. You carry around a lot of stuff but you can play and never use any of it aside from the main alchemy stuff that gives you bonuses v. various types of enemies.

- pretty good main story, and the side quests have some good stories too.

I am sure there are more.

I think Shadow is somewhat like Batman in its controls. I'm with you on the Batman fatigue.

Ryse is beautiful and kind of fun. But gets repetative.

No idea about State of Decay.

I'd personally go with Far Cry. Or trade toward Halo 5.
Shadow of Mordor is exactly like batmans engine but with bloody executions but not nearly as tedious with the stealth aspects. Given your batman fatigue I would still very strongly recommend it but maybe wait a little longer and wait for a clearance sale or an inevitable sequel.

When I bought the XB1 bundle, I got NBA 2k16 thrown in. After playing for a bit, it's just not my game. It's probably because I'm not willing to put in the time, but I have much more fun playing madden online than the NBA game and I just find the controls frustrating. I haven't read anything to confirm this, but I also think the 2k servers are not nearly as fast as the EA servers because I get much more lag in the basketball game.

Anyway, with that said... GameStop trade in value is at like $30 for it so I think I'm going to take it by there (I tried selling it for $45 unopened on eBay and didn't get a bite). Games I'm interested in that I can make a clean swap for are:

Ryse

State of Decay Expanded edition

Far Cry 4 (loved the 3rd game - too similar?)

Shadow of Mordor (is this game like batman, because I got tired of that series)

Maybe something else depending on sales, but any thoughts on these?
If you really like the Lord of the Rings lore and back drop I would go with Shadows of Mordor. The game is falt out addiciting, fun, easy to pick up and as you progress and become a n orc killing machine, it get's better and better.

I basically did 99% of the game. One of the few I have done that with. You will get a great 30-40 hours of fun with it. The nemesis system is awesome.

Far Cry 4 would be my second choice. I have the game and stopped playing after 30% completion. I will go back to it and finish it no doubt, but I played FC3 to death and went straight to FC4 and it was basically the same game, except a different locale, amazing graphics, different animals to hunt, the gyro-copter which is bad ###, riding an Elephant is really cool. It's a great game as well.

Both titles are great games.

I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on hard. Still fun.

How in the world, though, do people find all the collectibles? I found 34/60 and thought I'd looked everywhere.

I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on hard. Still fun.

How in the world, though, do people find all the collectibles? I found 34/60 and thought I'd looked everywhere.
I finished my crushing run yesterday and moved on to Among Thieves. That game could just about pass for a current-gen PS4 game. Strangely, it's the cutscenes that I think look a little strange and worse than the game itself.

Picked up Far Cry 4- these games are just a blast for me to play. I'll never do everything, but in determined to unlock every tower, take down every outpost, and beat the main missions.

Hopefully I can do all that in time for Fallou!

I am trying to finish up Witcher. If you like story driven RPGs, its pretty good. If you like pure RPGs, this is not your game.I would say this is much more like Red Dead than Skyrim.
Thanks. No I am not a RPG guy at all. I used to hate any of them. But mordor I know not exactly the same, gta, red dead, uncharted type games I love.

I know that's a hodge podge there of not the same but anyway thanks

I'm usually on top of every Halo release but this year I'm just not that excited. I'm torn between Halo 5 and WWE 2k15, gonna pick up one today. Anyone playing either of these?

I'm usually on top of every Halo release but this year I'm just not that excited. I'm torn between Halo 5 and WWE 2k15, gonna pick up one today. Anyone playing either of these?
Will get Halo 5 but can't justify $60 when I'll buy Fallout in two weeks. It'll be on the Christmas list for sure though.

Another Madden story, no video this time.

I'm playing against the Vikings and he scores with 45 seconds to go up 32-27 before the extra point. At this poi the goes for two to try and make it a 7 point game. He runs a roll out play to the right, I take William Moore and jump the route to the TE, intercept it, and take it back the entire way. Now it's 32-29 and I'm feeling the momentum! He's running prevent on the next drive and I've only got one timeout but I'm able to get myself in position for a 51 yard FG with 2 seconds to go. I nail that one through and it's on to OT. I win the toss and and go down the field for the win.

Anyway I send the guy an XBL message afterward saying GG and that the end of regulation was intense. I get a two word response back "F*** off."

Another Madden story, no video this time.

I'm playing against the Vikings and he scores with 45 seconds to go up 32-27 before the extra point. At this poi the goes for two to try and make it a 7 point game. He runs a roll out play to the right, I take William Moore and jump the route to the TE, intercept it, and take it back the entire way. Now it's 32-29 and I'm feeling the momentum! He's running prevent on the next drive and I've only got one timeout but I'm able to get myself in position for a 51 yard FG with 2 seconds to go. I nail that one through and it's on to OT. I win the toss and and go down the field for the win.

Anyway I send the guy an XBL message afterward saying GG and that the end of regulation was intense. I get a two word response back "F*** off."
That's awesome, and the expected response on XBL after beating someone like that. I get hate messages all the time on Halo and COD.

Users who are viewing this thread