What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

@John Bender

My steam name should just be Weebs. My profile picture is the laughing scene from good fellas. Man I have to many hours in pubg...Some of that has to be idle time.

I had a hilarious win yesterday in duos. My teammate died and I ended up killing the last 4 to were it was 1v1 and we were both prone in the grass. We started blind firing at each other through the grass and I wasn't paying attention to my ammo. The final blue started which forced him to me and he rushed me, I fired 5 shots and ran out of ammo. He died to the blue while shooting me lol.
Can you not just post your steam ID?  There's 18620 results searching "weebs" on Steam.

edit:  I think I found you.  You received an invite to the Footballguys Steam group if it was you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you not just post your steam ID?  There's 18620 results searching "weebs" on Steam.

edit:  I think I found you.  You received an invite to the Footballguys Steam group if it was you.
Yea I accepted. Sorry about that, I couldn't find my steam ID.

Started Hitman, and very happy with this one after just the tutorials.   
I'm far enough into this after a couple days of heavy play that I feel confident weighing in on this title.  

If you are the kind of person who generally has a one-and-done approach to games, be advised that there are essentially six levels here.  Each level is large and complicated, but it's still six levels that you can save-scum your way through.  This is a poor value even at $30 (which is strangely less than what it's currently going for on Amazon -- I got it on sale during Prime Day, but it's a nearly year-old game so I'm not sure why the price is so rigid).  Also, the game will basically walk you through various assassination options if you let it, which will turn each level into a glorified tutorial.  If you are this type of gamer -- which many are -- this is not a game that you are going to get a lot of value from.

On the other hand, if you are the kind of person who likes to replay single-player games and enjoys mastering the environment to the point that you feel like you own it, each level in Hitman really does have a very large degree of replayability.  This game was really designed with that type of gamer in mind.  The first time I tackled the first real mission (Paris), it took me about an hour in-game to get through it, and more like three times that amount in real time.  Now I can stroll in and casually kill off my targets in about 20 minutes without needing to save anywhere along the line, if I just want to stick to the three or four plot lines that I'm comfortable with.  There are several other possibilities that I haven't seriously tried yet, as well as some kind of goofy "challenge" options.  It is also the kind of game that lends itself to user-imposed challenges (like "no bodies found" or "no non-targets subdued" or whatever).  This is a nicely-done title if you are into this sort of thing.    

just downloaded PUBG. Glad it runs pretty decently on my rig, as my card is pretty old.

First round- parachuted in, picked up a machete. Guy in the next room found a shotgun. I'm dead

2nd round- round a shotgun, other guy found a SMG. I'm dead

3rd round. Parachted into a more remote area, ended up getting some decent gear and eventually saw a dude across the river. picked him off with an SMG. Died shortly after

4th round- beat the guy that landed into the same spot as me to the shot gun. Barely killed him, looted around for a while and died shortly after

Seems ok so far but I'm guessing its better with a group. Anyone playing?

look above your post.  A bunch of guys are setting up groups to play in.  It looks really fun in groups especially if you can talk to each other.

But yeah as a viewer, deaths come very quick.  Even when watching top players, they can die in an instant in the beginning of the game.

The sniping ability of the top players on PUBG is incredible.

I was watching one guy last night on twitch.  I am watching in a 65 inch screen and I can't even see the guys on the screen that he does.  He not only sees them, but he pulls up his scope and gets off a shot on a moving targets that he has to lead with his sniper rifle in an instant and gets completed head shots.   Even with the scope the moving target was microscopic.   

SlaX said:
Don't get them Lego Worlds though.  I got that for my kids on the Xbox One and it's broken.  They can't play 15-20 minutes without the game freezing or crashing.  I wish I could get a refund.
My son hasn't had any issues with it. Most Lego games freeze though. 

just downloaded PUBG. Glad it runs pretty decently on my rig, as my card is pretty old.

First round- parachuted in, picked up a machete. Guy in the next room found a shotgun. I'm dead

2nd round- round a shotgun, other guy found a SMG. I'm dead

3rd round. Parachted into a more remote area, ended up getting some decent gear and eventually saw a dude across the river. picked him off with an SMG. Died shortly after

4th round- beat the guy that landed into the same spot as me to the shot gun. Barely killed him, looted around for a while and died shortly after

It takes a while to get the hang of the game flow. I have tons of hours and still die early some games due to rng. You can also long jump, where u shoot immediately and pump your w key to get Max distance(2-3 squares on the map). This allows you to loot in peace sometimes. It is more fun to play in a group as well. If you get killed in duo or squad your friend can help you back up. Also there is a way to get to the ground faster if you are doing a short jump. If you aim your character straight down aiming your mouse/holding w and hit 234 km, you can let go right before your shoot opens to keep dropping fast. This helps you beat people to weapons.

Let me know if u have any specific questions.

I forgot a question for the guys playing POE on the Xbox.   How did they implement the loot filters?

In case you are unaware of what they are, they are filters that allow you to select what you see as drops.  For example if you get to the point where you no longer want to see any White items drop, you can set your filter to exclude all white items.

They have built in a ton of commands to allow filters to be really cool (change colors, make specific sounds etc).

Here is more info in case interested

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter_guide

I forgot a question for the guys playing POE on the Xbox.   How did they implement the loot filters?

In case you are unaware of what they are, they are filters that allow you to select what you see as drops.  For example if you get to the point where you no longer want to see any White items drop, you can set your filter to exclude all white items.

They have built in a ton of commands to allow filters to be really cool (change colors, make specific sounds etc).

Here is more info in case interested

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter_guide
I didn't know this was a thing. I'll look for it tomorrow afternoon when I play.

I didn't know this was a thing. I'll look for it tomorrow afternoon when I play.
there is a chance it was not implemented on the xbox but if it was there look in the settings of the game itself (if there is a such a menu).  They may have provided a type of default filter than can be turned on or off but maybe not customized like the pc can be customized.

With the ten million drops in the game the filter can be quite handy especially when drops can occur off screen.  Having a special noise tell you currency drop can be very helpful to not miss things.

there is a chance it was not implemented on the xbox but if it was there look in the settings of the game itself (if there is a such a menu).  They may have provided a type of default filter than can be turned on or off but maybe not customized like the pc can be customized.

With the ten million drops in the game the filter can be quite handy especially when drops can occur off screen.  Having a special noise tell you currency drop can be very helpful to not miss things.
Yeah, I'll definitely look for it. I'm only level 7 or 8 and I can already see where it would be useful to filter out certain drops.

One of the GGG staff posted on the POE forums that loot filters one xbox are coming out at a later time.

In the meantime, if you're standing in the middle of a huge pile of loot, you can use the right stick to move around from item to item and pick which ones you want to pick up

My son hasn't had any issues with it. Most Lego games freeze though. 
It's a known issue on the Xbox One version, but the devs don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.  Had I known about it, I would have waited til it was fixed.  I've never had a Lego game do this, and we have nearly all of them.

Quests are one of the strong points of the game.  There are no boring MMO style Collect X Rabbit paws or whatever BS.  First, there is a main, central plot to the game that I've found interesting so far.  It involves the Daedra trying to invade all of Tamriel.  Then there are the three faction storylines.   I'm only involved in my own character's faction quest line so far, but what I've liked about it is that just about all of the quests in the entire zone have been related to the ongoing faction storyline somehow.  It connects everything and makes the world seem whole and interconnected. All of the quests I've come across have been fully voice acted as well.  And they seemed to have hired more voice actors since Skyrim, which I thought suffered from the same 5 or 6 voice actors doing all of the characters.  They even got the guy who played Dumbledore in Harry Potter to do the main quest line NPC.  

Also, the various guilds have their own story/quest lines like in Skyrim.  My favorites have been the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood which IMO have better stories than their Skyrim counterparts.  There's also a new guild called the Undaunted that focus on having you kill tough monsters in dungeons.  

I feel like the main difference between Skyrim and ES:O is in the combat.  The game has typical MMO style skill based combat where you learn skills, put them on a hotbar and use them in combat.  Combat is very much run up to monsters and whittle them down with your skills, healing every now and then.  One thing I miss from Skyrim is being able to play a stealthy, archery based character.  There are bows and there is sneaking, but I haven't seen any way to combine them into a build yet.  
So I bought the Gold edition (it was cheaper than usual) and I've found the quests so far to be "boring MMO style Collect X Rabbit paws or whatever BS". They're pretty bad.  Does it get better after you get some experience an travel a bit?

So I bought the Gold edition (it was cheaper than usual) and I've found the quests so far to be "boring MMO style Collect X Rabbit paws or whatever BS". They're pretty bad.  Does it get better after you get some experience an travel a bit?
Where are you questing?  I honestly cant remember the last fetch X amount of this random item type quest I've done in ESO.  Have you started the main quest or your faction's main quest line?  For example, the Ebonheart Pact line which continues in Bal Foyen after the newbie zone had me lighting signal fires to warn the capital a zone over, burning enemy catapults, and summoning an ancient demon thing to fight off invaders. It was all fully voice acted and light years beyond the tedium of other MMO quests.   And pretty much all the side quests in the zone were related to this invasion storyline so it all felt connected.

RE: Elder Sroll Online quests,

This page lists the Ebonheart Pact quests with small descriptions.  The other Alliances have similar quests.  You'll notice no "Can you collect 15 bear anuses for me?" quests in the descriptions.  

Where are you questing?  I honestly cant remember the last fetch X amount of this random item type quest I've done in ESO.  Have you started the main quest or your faction's main quest line?  For example, the Ebonheart Pact line which continues in Bal Foyen after the newbie zone had me lighting signal fires to warn the capital a zone over, burning enemy catapults, and summoning an ancient demon thing to fight off invaders. It was all fully voice acted and light years beyond the tedium of other MMO quests.   And pretty much all the side quests in the zone were related to this invasion storyline so it all felt connected.
Down in Elsweyr.  So far some political intrigue, which was a "run here and there" thing.  Some parts of this look pretty cool and others hit on things that I've always disliked in these games - chests out in the middle nowhere for no reason, non-interactable items (books that aren't real, etc.), kids jumping around with the stupidest names (hopefully there are less populated areas around), and my guy swims like a complete wuss (i.e. I wish they designed for underwater activities).

I'll keep piddling and see how it looks once I start wandering in the wilderness.

Down in Elsweyr.  So far some political intrigue, which was a "run here and there" thing.  Some parts of this look pretty cool and others hit on things that I've always disliked in these games - chests out in the middle nowhere for no reason, non-interactable items (books that aren't real, etc.), kids jumping around with the stupidest names (hopefully there are less populated areas around), and my guy swims like a complete wuss (i.e. I wish they designed for underwater activities).

I'll keep piddling and see how it looks once I start wandering in the wilderness.
Kids jumping around with stupid names will always be a part of MMOs.  Thankfully, in ESO you can do most of the content without ever really interacting with them.  You can qalso turn other players names off in the settings.

You should make an Argonian if you want to look cool swimming.  

Kids jumping around with stupid names will always be a part of MMOs.  
Which is why UO was really the last MMO I participated in (and was pretty cool until every patch of land was covered with houses) and play solo stuff (what little I can these days).    

I guess I'm just jonesing for a good game.  The last year has been bone dry.  

I'm really enjoying PoE so far, but I have to say I'm a little bummed. I didn't realize it wouldn't have couch co-op. This is the only type of game my wife will play and we're getting pretty burned out on Diablo so we were really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's something they are thinking about adding, but it seems the developers deliberately avoid answering questions about it whenever they are brought up on their forums.

I'm really enjoying PoE so far, but I have to say I'm a little bummed. I didn't realize it wouldn't have couch co-op. This is the only type of game my wife will play and we're getting pretty burned out on Diablo so we were really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's something they are thinking about adding, but it seems the developers deliberately avoid answering questions about it whenever they are brought up on their forums.
since there is no couch co op on the computer game, this might be a pretty big undertaking for GGG since instead of a port like everything else, they likely have to put a whole team on this.

They are probably going to keep quiet about these type of plans until they can evaluate how much revenue they are making from the XB1 platform.

Frank Drebin said:
2 tv's and 2 xbox's in front of the couch!

I had been playing Friday the 13th, which looks great. I am just not a big MMO game player, so I am waiting on the single player version of the game to be released.

I had been playing Friday the 13th, which looks great. I am just not a big MMO game player, so I am waiting on the single player version of the game to be released.
Not sure I'd call a multiplayer game with only 8 players an MMO.  It's just an online multiplayer game.

target had a switch today...i bought it but don't know what game to buy....or just resell the thing...

Not sure I'd call a multiplayer game with only 8 players an MMO.  It's just an online multiplayer game.
Sorry I didn't name it correctly. Whatever the heck it is, I didn't like depending on other players for my success. 

Far Cry 3 is free on PS4 right now.  I know nothing about the series. Is it worth the time, since it's obviously worth the cost.
It is not Far Cry.

It is Just Cause 3. I never played it. But went ahead and took advantage of it for a future play through. Looks like some fun to be had.

It is not Far Cry.

It is Just Cause 3. I never played it. But went ahead and took advantage of it for a future play through. Looks like some fun to be had.
ahhh. FC3 is much better.

JC3 is ok, but gets boring quick. Although the type of gamer that spends hours doing silly stunts in GTA games will like it a lot - lot of mayhem to cause. 

For free just cause is a fun little game.  About half way through you will get completely sick of the repetitive  nature.

Users who are viewing this thread