What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

Supposedly I am getting a bonus from my company next Friday (fingers crossed,) someone please talk me out of a Playstation 3?
It took a long time, I have a 360 but I borke down with the $50 credit. Basically getting the Show for free.If it makes you feel better I have only watched 2 blue rays and finished both Uncharteds. Just downloaded Killzone 3 demo and Back to the Future EPS 1.Not getting a ton of use yet. demos take forever to download lol. However YOU have to get one.Is there a PS3 tag thread? Mine is the same as the one in my sig for xbox.
I started a PSN thread a couple years ago but I don't think it's been maintained.

I got some good time on Killzone 3 last night. Some thoughts (and keep in mind this only my 3rd multiplayer FPS)...

Maps seem small - the good news is that the action is constant, but not a lot of breathing room at least relative to BFBC2

Controls are fluid - a common theme I heard before picking this up were that the controls were heavy and would make people dizzy. I didn't experience this.

Game modes are limited - I only played for one night, but it doesn't seem like the longevity will be there. We'll see. I know that Black Ops had some innovative multiplayer options and you'd think others would emulate this. Give me a handgun only mode, an all medics match, a scheduled round robin tournament, wager XP points, etc.

Sentry and turrets option is intriguing - it took me about 20 minutes to figure out that the whirring sound was these automated bots. "Why is that ####in' thing shooting at me?"

It's always fun starting from scratch and accessing new weapons, skills etc. Hard to put down when you just need one more game to get X.

I got some good time on Killzone 3 last night. Some thoughts (and keep in mind this only my 3rd multiplayer FPS)...Maps seem small - the good news is that the action is constant, but not a lot of breathing room at least relative to BFBC2Controls are fluid - a common theme I heard before picking this up were that the controls were heavy and would make people dizzy. I didn't experience this. Game modes are limited - I only played for one night, but it doesn't seem like the longevity will be there. We'll see. I know that Black Ops had some innovative multiplayer options and you'd think others would emulate this. Give me a handgun only mode, an all medics match, a scheduled round robin tournament, wager XP points, etc. Sentry and turrets option is intriguing - it took me about 20 minutes to figure out that the whirring sound was these automated bots. "Why is that ####in' thing shooting at me?"It's always fun starting from scratch and accessing new weapons, skills etc. Hard to put down when you just need one more game to get X.
Play any SP? The demo did not wow me so I'm on the fence

I got some good time on Killzone 3 last night. Some thoughts (and keep in mind this only my 3rd multiplayer FPS)...Maps seem small - the good news is that the action is constant, but not a lot of breathing room at least relative to BFBC2Controls are fluid - a common theme I heard before picking this up were that the controls were heavy and would make people dizzy. I didn't experience this. Game modes are limited - I only played for one night, but it doesn't seem like the longevity will be there. We'll see. I know that Black Ops had some innovative multiplayer options and you'd think others would emulate this. Give me a handgun only mode, an all medics match, a scheduled round robin tournament, wager XP points, etc. Sentry and turrets option is intriguing - it took me about 20 minutes to figure out that the whirring sound was these automated bots. "Why is that ####in' thing shooting at me?"It's always fun starting from scratch and accessing new weapons, skills etc. Hard to put down when you just need one more game to get X.
Play any SP? The demo did not wow me so I'm on the fence
I did. It seemed like your garden variety military FPS single player. Reviews for this are dead on. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special.

:thumbup: I've only played for a few hours, but this seems about right. It's a good game overall, but it feels like it's taken a couple of steps backwards from KZ2. The maps don't seem to be as well-designed, there aren't any custom games (although that's allegedly coming in a future patch), and they changed the spawning system in such a way that there's no incentive whatsoever to squad up. Another weird decision is the way you level up. I've got about half the abilities for the tactician unlocked, despite having never played a single match using that class. It's strange to be able to level up an ability or class without actually using it in-game. Maybe I've just been spoiled by KZ2 and BC2, but KZ3 just isn't as good as what I was hoping for. It's fine, but it's not as epic as what it really should have been.Edit: I'm also ticked that the game has only been out for three days, and they've already announced a DLC map pack. And that each of the two maps in that pack are only playable in one game mode. That sucks beyond words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly I am getting a bonus from my company next Friday (fingers crossed,) someone please talk me out of a Playstation 3?
It took a long time, I have a 360 but I borke down with the $50 credit. Basically getting the Show for free.If it makes you feel better I have only watched 2 blue rays and finished both Uncharteds. Just downloaded Killzone 3 demo and Back to the Future EPS 1.

Not getting a ton of use yet. demos take forever to download lol.

However YOU have to get one.

Is there a PS3 tag thread? Mine is the same as the one in my sig for xbox.
There are bunch of PSN's on the first post of the Black Ops thread. That list is generally guys that play alot of Black Ops, obviously, but it could be helpful.

I just got my year subscription for my new live account after switching tags for free accounts twice. So now all achievements are unlockable again and I am going through some games I previously enjoyed and selling off the rest.

Playing Now

Borderlands

BioShock

Modern Warfare 2(Spec-Ops)

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Games Looking Forward To

Diablo III

LA Noire

Gears of War 3

BioShock Infinite

Portal 3

Games on the Never Ending Pile of To Be Played

I have played some of these before but want to replay them.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

LIMBO

Super Meat Boy

Castle Crashers

Shadow Complex

Lost Odyssey

BioShock 2

Alan Wake

Enslaved

NIER

Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect 2

Assassin Creed 2

The Orange Box

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout New Vegas

I just got my year subscription for my new live account after switching tags for free accounts twice. So now all achievements are unlockable again and I am going through some games I previously enjoyed and selling off the rest.

Playing Now

Borderlands

BioShock

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Games Looking Forward To

Diablo III

LA Noire

Gears of War 3

BioShock Infinite

Portal 3

LIMBO

Super Meat Boy

Castle Crashers

Shadow Complex

Lost Odyssey

BioShock 2

Alan Wake

Enslaved

NIER

Mass Effect 2

Assassin Creed 2

The Orange Box

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout New Vegas
You a PC gamer at all Madshot?

'wazoo11 said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Will Diablo III be a PC only version or will it come to the consoles as well?
99% sure there will be a console version released in 2012.
Considering Blizzard has never done a console game, and that there are nothing but rumors of them exploring that concept, I would say your 99% for 2012 should probably be closer to about 3% in 2012 if at all.

'wazoo11 said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Considering Blizzard has never done a console game, and that there are nothing but rumors of them exploring that concept, I would say your 99% for 2012 should probably be closer to about 3% in 2012 if at all.
I would give it a 2%-5% on console just because they were looking to hiring console programmers. My first experience ever with Diablo was playing it co-op with a friend on the PS1. :banned: Diablo III will probably be the first PC game I have bought in maybe 8 years. :lmao:

'wazoo11 said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Sarcasm down? :banned: I do agree with you though.

'wazoo11 said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Sarcasm down? :lmao: I do agree with you though.
:lmao: Apparently I need to change the batteries.

Just picked up Mafia II for $5.00 at Best Buy after rewards zone point discount. Heard good reviews.
I'm about 90% finished with this. Definitely worth a playthrough. I've enjoyed it. It's pretty linear, but it has a good story and I haven't had any issues with glitches or anything like that.

Took a break from FF 13 (chapter 9 is giving me fits :lmao: ), and started a little bit of Dead space 2.

this game is truly exciting. :confused:

So where is the best current deal for a 360? Had a bunch of teenage girls over tonight playing with the Kinect and boom! RROD :lmao: Almost 5 yrs was a decent run I guess.

M$ is seriously messed up. I bought an extended service contract. I am on the phone with them and they not only have my serial number 360 registered to someone else, but also have no record of my Service Contract Number. :lmao:

So where is the best current deal for a 360? Had a bunch of teenage girls over tonight playing with the Kinect and boom! RROD :popcorn: Almost 5 yrs was a decent run I guess.
I just bought a new one. It had two RROD and i'm pretty sure it was out of extended warranty.

Im thinking of buying a PS2 just for the sole purpose of playing the first Deus EX before Human Revolution is out. Somehow that game got by me years ago. Also a little more than halfway through Lords of Shadow, this is like the longest God of War type hack and slash game I've ever played, I'm on disc two. By the time I'm done with this DA2 will be out which will keep me busy til LA Noire in May.

Im thinking of buying a PS2 just for the sole purpose of playing the first Deus EX before Human Revolution is out. Somehow that game got by me years ago. Also a little more than halfway through Lords of Shadow, this is like the longest God of War type hack and slash game I've ever played, I'm on disc two. By the time I'm done with this DA2 will be out which will keep me busy til LA Noire in May.
You can buy it for PC for pretty much nothing you know? Steam had it for like $2 around Christmas, and the req's would be nothing comparatively.The 360 turned on this morning, but lately, it just makes so much noise when the discs are spinning. That used to go away now it just keeps on buzzing. I played 1 game of NBA Jam without a problem, but figure it is gonna die, right? Is this just the prelude?

Played the Dragon Age 2 demo for the 360. Really didn't like it.

I was looking forward to this, as I figured they'd improve on the first game (which I was somewhat lukewarm on - it was only "ok"). But the combat in #2 is just... weird. They made into quasi "God of War" style combat, where your character jumps 10' into the air, etc (at least the Rogues do). It just feels like much more of a twitch / action game, with giant mobs of enemies, and you jump in the middle of it. Not the biggest fan of that style of gameplay (in an RPG anyway). I'll still probably buy it at some point during a gaming lull when it drops to $30, etc, but it's not a release day $60 buy.

Played the Dragon Age 2 demo for the 360. Really didn't like it.I was looking forward to this, as I figured they'd improve on the first game (which I was somewhat lukewarm on - it was only "ok"). But the combat in #2 is just... weird. They made into quasi "God of War" style combat, where your character jumps 10' into the air, etc (at least the Rogues do). It just feels like much more of a twitch / action game, with giant mobs of enemies, and you jump in the middle of it. Not the biggest fan of that style of gameplay (in an RPG anyway). I'll still probably buy it at some point during a gaming lull when it drops to $30, etc, but it's not a release day $60 buy.
Everything I have read, seen, and played from the demo leads me to believe this is a 12-15 hour action game with rpg elements that the story is a let down compared to its predecessor. Kind of sad, I hope I'm wrong.

You can buy it for PC for pretty much nothing you know? Steam had it for like $2 around Christmas, and the req's would be nothing comparatively.The 360 turned on this morning, but lately, it just makes so much noise when the discs are spinning. That used to go away now it just keeps on buzzing. I played 1 game of NBA Jam without a problem, but figure it is gonna die, right? Is this just the prelude?
Good call. I got if off Steam. And yea that's just the prelude, eventually it'll start freezing and then you'll get RROD again.

Is your PS3 not backwards compatible? If not Deus Ex is worth the price of a PS2, probably my favorite game for PS2.

Just ordered two games from two of my favorite lines... Empire- Total War and Hearts of Iron III. Both have been out for a long time but I am never in a hurry to pay top dollar for games when you can just wait and get them cheap.

Playing Now

Borderlands

BioShock

Fallout 3

Gears of War 2

Games Looking Forward To

Diablo III

LA Noire

Gears of War 3

BioShock Infinite

Portal 3

LIMBO

Super Meat Boy

Castle Crashers

Shadow Complex

Lost Odyssey

BioShock 2

Alan Wake

Enslaved

NIER

Mass Effect 2

Assassin Creed 2

The Orange Box

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout New Vegas
I haven't played Borderlands since that one time we played it. I need to give it another effort. I'm headset free though, having finally killed my Turtle Beach some time ago.

Played the Dragon Age 2 demo for the 360. Really didn't like it.I was looking forward to this, as I figured they'd improve on the first game (which I was somewhat lukewarm on - it was only "ok"). But the combat in #2 is just... weird. They made into quasi "God of War" style combat, where your character jumps 10' into the air, etc (at least the Rogues do). It just feels like much more of a twitch / action game, with giant mobs of enemies, and you jump in the middle of it. Not the biggest fan of that style of gameplay (in an RPG anyway). I'll still probably buy it at some point during a gaming lull when it drops to $30, etc, but it's not a release day $60 buy.
Everything I have read, seen, and played from the demo leads me to believe this is a 12-15 hour action game with rpg elements that the story is a let down compared to its predecessor. Kind of sad, I hope I'm wrong.
>>>>>>>>>>>>i hope you are wrong. DA was one of my all time favorite games. it better be longer then 12-15 hours. good gravy that's nothing for an RPG.

Good call. I got if off Steam. And yea that's just the prelude, eventually it'll start freezing and then you'll get RROD again.
Deus Ex was one of my favorite games ever. Deus Ex 2, suckage.

>>>>>>>>>>>>i hope you are wrong. DA was one of my all time favorite games. it better be longer then 12-15 hours. good gravy that's nothing for an RPG.
Yeah I don't see how it being only 12-15 hours is even a possibility. It'd be the smallest BioWare game ever that I'm aware of.

So where is the best current deal for a 360? Had a bunch of teenage girls over tonight playing with the Kinect and boom! RROD :X Almost 5 yrs was a decent run I guess.
Put the broken one up on ebay. I got $72 for my broken PS3 last week. Helps take the bite out of buying the new unit.

I actually made it all the way into the Gamestop to preorder DA2 when I talked myself out of it. DA was fun, but wasn't long enough. I'll wait for the price drop.

Yeah I don't see how it being only 12-15 hours is even a possibility. It'd be the smallest BioWare game ever that I'm aware of.
Agreed, that would be completely out of character for the company. I'm also optimistic about the story; they've never let me down in that regard either, and I've played nearly every game they've ever released.

Agreed, that would be completely out of character for the company. I'm also optimistic about the story; they've never let me down in that regard either, and I've played nearly every game they've ever released.
I'm just going by what all the people who have the game earlier are saying. I hope they are full of ####, but a 15 month development cycle leaves me with low expectations.

Mad Cow, you have the skillz to fix that xbox for free.Just look online for how to do it, not even remotely hard.
I will take a look. I have to admit, though, I am looking for a reason to trade in this 1st gen 360 to a nice black, slim version with the 250 GB HDD vs the 20 GB that I have. :lmao:

Mad Cow, you have the skillz to fix that xbox for free.Just look online for how to do it, not even remotely hard.
I will take a look. I have to admit, though, I am looking for a reason to trade in this 1st gen 360 to a nice black, slim version with the 250 GB HDD vs the 20 GB that I have. :thumbup:
I never thought it was worth it until I did the release special.They were offering double trade in value when the slims released. It cost me $25 and it's been totally worth it.My buddy had to buy a refurbished slim because he can't find any slims without the Kinect package.

Mad Cow, you have the skillz to fix that xbox for free.

Just look online for how to do it, not even remotely hard.
I will take a look. I have to admit, though, I am looking for a reason to trade in this 1st gen 360 to a nice black, slim version with the 250 GB HDD vs the 20 GB that I have. :sadbanana:
Take a close look. I thought about doing it but MSFT apparently looks for these modded unites (even if you use a genuine MSFT xbox hard drive) and could suspend your account.I'm not sure it's worth it. Amazon currently has the hard drives on sale for $94.

For those with kids played the new Lego Star wars III The Clne Wars demo, really fun. They made a lot of imporovements with using the force, light sabers and the motions.

So I did figure out a little "secret" for getting everyone to be loyal in Mass Effect 2:

The trick is to be about half and half Paragon/Renegade. If you have enough Paragon score, you can mediate the Legion/Talli dispute. If you have enough Renegade, you can resolve the Miranda/Jack spat.

*Mordin dies if he doesn't either lead the team back or stay with you. Grrrr..
Unfortunately, I still had a character (*see spoiler tag) die on the final mission. So now I have to do that...again. There should be more save points on the final assault part.

So I did figure out a little "secret" for getting everyone to be loyal in Mass Effect 2:

The trick is to be about half and half Paragon/Renegade. If you have enough Paragon score, you can mediate the Legion/Talli dispute. If you have enough Renegade, you can resolve the Miranda/Jack spat.

*Mordin dies if he doesn't either lead the team back or stay with you. Grrrr..
Unfortunately, I still had a character (*see spoiler tag) die on the final mission. So now I have to do that...again. There should be more save points on the final assault part.

I think you can handle both those conflicts with a high renegade or a high paragon score. I did both with my paragon character. I sided with Miranda because of her ###, which got Jack mad at me, but once my paragon score got high enough I was able to talk to her and make her loyal again.

Oh, and I got through the final mission with no casualties on my first playthrough. :thumbup:

M$ is seriously messed up. I bought an extended service contract. I am on the phone with them and they not only have my serial number 360 registered to someone else, but also have no record of my Service Contract Number. :thumbup:
Have you had the RROD before and sent it in? They usually send a completely different unit back that they've already fixed (although they are supposed to keep track of that.)

My bonus number came in. :thumbup:

Now comes the hard part of deciding on what toy to buy. PS3 sounds good, but a replacement 360 slim with kinnect is tempting as well. As is a Wii. So many toys to chose from!

Users who are viewing this thread