What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (16 Viewers)

Connect your xbox directly to the router with a CAT5 cable. 

Maybe you cant have it wired like that all the time but you can buy longer CAT5 cables even if its just temporary to do big DLs or system updates. It will go from hours and hours to minutes. 

Got a PS5 so is it similar? 

Even if it wasn't spread out over time that is a little over 1k gaming equipment, probably 3k worth of tvs, and 3 recliners however much those cost.  6-7k is a drop in the bucket for a footballguy.  We all make boatloads off of early investment tips, like wheat pennies.  Besides, it's a small investment for the lifelong memories of getting tbagged by your kids on the big screen in your own mancave.

I would get rid of all the old equipment, upgrade it all and start practicing for when they come home for the holidays.

Yeah I've come to realize there's a big wage gap compared to me a lot of others here which Is why I think people don't understand where I'm coming from especially people who never worked retail or what have you. My mom was out of work taking care of us 3 kids and my dad was a self employed contractor. When he broke his leg and couldn't work my mom was breaking into our piggy banks just to buy a loaf of bread and milk for the house when I was younger. We were fortunate my mom's parents were around to help when they could. 

I work retail in a lower paying end job. I'm making decent money now but enough to buy my own place? Absolutely not? I want to move into the city near where my brother is as I love it down there but I can't afford that without someone else moving in with me. I think it becomes harder to relate for some posters here to me do to that age gap which is where the disagreements on stuff come in. Plus there seems to be quite a few posters here who have zero issues quoting company and big corp propaganda lies in terms of work and such. 

Either way don't want to steer this into a different topic just giving my view and opinion. Plus I was curious how people do this as it is a hobby of mine. 

You have to realize the demographics of these boards is generally 40 to 50 year old men with well paying jobs.

Won't go into detail just see my post above but like I stated above I'm starting to realize this more. To add what I forgot in the above post I use to go to the MLB forums to the Phillies board. A lot of people in different demographics. Had a few guys my age and a little younger, some a bit older and then you had like the 4 or 5 regulars over 45 and 2 retired. None of us besides the one guy had great paying jobs. Good enough to get by but I think he was a lawyer or something. So it was easier for a lot of use to relate. I've realized I'm probably one of the youngest members on here.  

Combination of all of those for me.  I usually buy the newest Xbox when it comes out.  The boys bought one of the Xbox's together with gift money. I think I bought the third when prices dropped at one point.  All of the TVs are on sale, decent for gaming but definitely not top of the line.  I get a decent bonus every year that I do not include in the budget, so I allow myself to buy something stupid with part of it and not feel guilty about.

My set up is definitely not something I could have done when the kids were younger and money was tighter.

This is why I was curious too as I know some of you guys have young kids. And Again not knocking or shaming anyone just generally curious. I mean if I had the money my brother makes as a architect I know one of my big splurges would be upgraded my gaming experience. Not going overboard though. Nice headset that isn't costing a fortune, maybe some other accessories, would definitely splurge on a comfy gaming chair or something comfortable I could sit in, Upgrade the home theatre and TV with surround sound and stuff for sure. Not getting the latest high end stuff but enough where if I also want to watch a movie and stream the latest movie I can still feel I, at the theatre without being there. 

Seriously have thought about trying to get into the streaming games see what kind of money I could make. I know I first I won't make anything if at all but definitely an interest and if I can maybe another source of income. Turn it into maybe one day a week I go over the latest in sports and entertainment maybe some politics. Go into my favorite teams. Then go into gaming and stuff. really am interested but not sure I want to put in the work for it at the same time. 

Got a PS5 so is it similar? 
Yes. They’re like $10 on Amazon for a 50ft chord. (Don’t spend a lot for a “high quality” version)

Hardwired is so much faster than using your Xbox/ps5/tv’s crappy little WiFi adaptors they have inside them. If you have the means, you should run cables similarly to how you used to run your cable TV coaxial cables. 

So a playong campaign on the new call of duty , what the hell is the second level with the freaking parachute and stealth and stuff in the woods with no weapons I have no idea what I'm doing

So a playong campaign on the new call of duty , what the hell is the second level with the freaking parachute and stealth and stuff in the woods with no weapons I have no idea what I'm doing

Took me a good bit to figure this one out. Essentially start going into the forrest and crouch behind the tree trunk. THere's a German on top the hill above you. Wait for him to turn and just run and stay to your left. You'll come to another spot where you have to stealth kill another German. 

Took me a good bit to figure this one out. Essentially start going into the forrest and crouch behind the tree trunk. THere's a German on top the hill above you. Wait for him to turn and just run and stay to your left. You'll come to another spot where you have to stealth kill another German. 
Still killing Nazis for the 209th time? Smh. I'm so over WWII shooters lol.

All I've been asking for from COD for 10 years now is a Black Ops 1 remaster. I'd pay $100 for it idc.

All I've been asking for from COD for 10 years now is a Black Ops 1 remaster. I'd pay $100 for it idc.
I haven't played COD in years..... It was on sale so I figure I'll be less mad when i don't play it :lol:

Guys I work with all got it to play it but that will never happen lol - we used to play together all the time then got old and had families

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn’t play the Cold War campaign, but the multiplayer for Black Ops Cold War is about the closest to BO1 they’ve come. I avoided it for a really long time and just played Zombies, but a friend finally convinced me to give it a try  and it’s been pretty good.

If you play on a console though, I feel like you pretty much have to turn off cross play. Hard to compete with mouse and keyboard folks and it’s much easier to cheat from a computer as well. 

Ordered Far Cry 6 ad AC: Valhalla today from Best Buy. $70 off between the two and they'll be here tomorrow. Looking forward to some Far Cry while I have time off for the holidays.

ShamrockPride said:

I'm all for WW2. I'd rather have them then these futuristic BS games COD did recently and what BF is doing now. Those just don't interest me at all. There's certain parts of WW2 that have never been gone over I wished they'd go through though. I did like Medal of Honors game that was based on the Osama Bin Laden killing which was cool. Maybe go something into that Id be for. 

Ordered Far Cry 6 ad AC: Valhalla today from Best Buy. $70 off between the two and they'll be here tomorrow. Looking forward to some Far Cry while I have time off for the holidays.
Loving Far Cry 6 so far. It’s great wandering around with Gustavo Fring’s voice threatening you through loudspeaker propoganda.

My only gripe with games like this is that there’s not a whole lot of point to upgrading stuff and gathering supplies. As soon as I got a rifle and modded it with a scope and suppressor after the second mission, I haven’t needed any other upgrades. 

Still a fun world to explore though. 

Loving Far Cry 6 so far. It’s great wandering around with Gustavo Fring’s voice threatening you through loudspeaker propoganda.

My only gripe with games like this is that there’s not a whole lot of point to upgrading stuff and gathering supplies. As soon as I got a rifle and modded it with a scope and suppressor after the second mission, I haven’t needed any other upgrades. 

Still a fun world to explore though. 

is it worth playing and buying right now? Need something to last me Christmas morning 

My son has a switch.  We were looking for games at Game Stop for him for Christmas..... I saw Metroid Dread.....my wife got it for me!  Super Metroid is in my top 5 of all time. The trailer for Dread looks pretty badass, and it gets really good reviews....anyone on here play it?

My son has a switch.  We were looking for games at Game Stop for him for Christmas..... I saw Metroid Dread.....my wife got it for me!  Super Metroid is in my top 5 of all time. The trailer for Dread looks pretty badass, and it gets really good reviews....anyone on here play it?
My 6 year old loves it. I’ve only played it briefly myself (helped my son once or twice when he got stuck). Seems like a great game, although very challenging. 

Been playing Wasteland 3 lately. Really like it a lot.

I played the first two, but this one is 100x better - many, many quality of life improvements (shared inventory, no need to select the "lockpicking" character to open a door, etc.) Fantastic turn-based battles. If you liked Divinity or Xcom, you'll definitely like this one. Even if you tried 1 or 2 and didn't like them (and I could see that, as they felt quite rough), check this one out - it's a much improved experience. 

Been playing Wasteland 3 lately. Really like it a lot.

I played the first two, but this one is 100x better - many, many quality of life improvements (shared inventory, no need to select the "lockpicking" character to open a door, etc.) Fantastic turn-based battles. If you liked Divinity or Xcom, you'll definitely like this one. Even if you tried 1 or 2 and didn't like them (and I could see that, as they felt quite rough), check this one out - it's a much improved experience. 
Good to know. I bounced off Divinity and Wasteland 2 pretty quick. I downloaded Wasteland 3 through Game Pass and am planning on giving it a shot though. 

Been trying, off and on, for the last year to get a PS5. Hearing rumors or another GameStop drop on Dec. 23 and I think that’s my cue to driver wherever I need to get one. Now that I’m a bonus dad to 4 littles, 2 of which are big gamers, this is an opportunity to really kinda surprise them:) 🤞
Got one!

Its been a crazy day and excited to finally get it up and running in about an hour:)

Got it from Game Stop as a package w/3 games:

- Spidey: MM

- Ghosts of Tsu

- Ratchet & Clank

and another controller, charger, and $50 GS gift card. Thoughts on the $70 2yr warranty?

Also made a list of like 20 games I want to download for me and/or the chitlins. Tomorrow is a big family gaming day.

Got one!

Its been a crazy day and excited to finally get it up and running in about an hour:)

Got it from Game Stop as a package w/3 games:

- Spidey: MM

- Ghosts of Tsu

- Ratchet & Clank

and another controller, charger, and $50 GS gift card. Thoughts on the $70 2yr warranty?

Also made a list of like 20 games I want to download for me and/or the chitlins. Tomorrow is a big family gaming day.
Save the $70

I’m loving He’ll Let Loose. Not for everyone but it really shines when you have good communication. If you have 4-5 good friends you can mop up if you all play in the same squad. 

Went with Last of Us 2 on PS4.   Decent game but I admit I am finding myself skipping the cinematic scenes more often than not now.  They are too long and I just don't care that much.  

I don't remember why, but I never finished Ghost of Tsushima last year.  So bought the PS5 upgrade and I'm fully grinding on it now.  Such a great game.  So much to do, feel like I will never finish it.  

I'm sitting on Deathloop, Hitman 3, and Resident Evil Village for PS5, but I can't put down Hades until I've beaten it on 16 heat.  I want this platinum, and that's the only challenging thing standing in my way -- it's all relaxed clean-up after that.  I've got three weapons at 12-13 heat already, so I'm not far off.

Dying Light 2 coming out in February. Looking forward to that.

Kind if interested to see what the new Rainbow Six coming out soon turns out to be. They’re going in a totally different direction focusing on coop and fighting an alien threat. Supposedly using a lot of the mechanics from Six Seige.

IvanKaramazov said:
I'm sitting on Deathloop, Hitman 3, and Resident Evil Village for PS5, but I can't put down Hades until I've beaten it on 16 heat.  I want this platinum, and that's the only challenging thing standing in my way -- it's all relaxed clean-up after that.  I've got three weapons at 12-13 heat already, so I'm not far off.

Please posts thoughts on Deathloop. I'm playing it now. No spoilers, but just an age-specific comment: I'm in my late 40s, and even though I've been playing games since Atari, I'm having a tougher time following games with hours-long learning curves. I'm probably 6-8 hours into Deathloop, and even though I was progressing, I kept saying to myself, "WTF is even happening? What am I supposed to do? How do these things work?" I'm finally to a spot now where things have cleared up and the goal is apparent, so I'm more excited to keep going, but there were some moments when I was seriously thinking, Maybe I've gotten too old to play these games. 

Downloaded Far Cry and beat the story mode. I actually liked the story but felt like something was missing. For most of the game I had the Machine Gun Hammer of God with the silencer and Scope. Had a rifle until I went with a shotgun for the server missions and had a sniper rifle with all the specs. Wasn't till late in the game where I got a semi auto rifle I really liked that did the job. A few parts in the game where I got stuck so went on Youtube or read a walkthrough but not as much as others. 

Weapon upgrades seemed pretty meaningless at times too. Felt like most of the game my weapons were good enough until the special Forces of Castillo got involved. Some in game clean up which I'll do when I get some vacation time. Not a bad game but don't think its worth another play through 

Please posts thoughts on Deathloop. I'm playing it now. No spoilers, but just an age-specific comment: I'm in my late 40s, and even though I've been playing games since Atari, I'm having a tougher time following games with hours-long learning curves. I'm probably 6-8 hours into Deathloop, and even though I was progressing, I kept saying to myself, "WTF is even happening? What am I supposed to do? How do these things work?" I'm finally to a spot now where things have cleared up and the goal is apparent, so I'm more excited to keep going, but there were some moments when I was seriously thinking, Maybe I've gotten too old to play these games. 
 I am there right now myself.  I had a lot of fun with GTA when it came out and Far Cry 5 was fun for me as well.  I got an xbox series s recently and downloaded far cry 6.  Man I am struggling, especially with a 1st person shooter (I never played GTA in first person).  I enjoy starting a game of MLB CPU vs CPU and watching it now more than trying to blow people up.

IvanKaramazov said:
I’m convinced the Defiance boon from Chaos doesn’t actually exist and they are just ####### with me 

I will, but it's going to be a while.  I'm not even sure what's first up in my queue after I finish Hades, and that won't be until after the super bowl most likely.

I'm 49, and I know what you mean.  I've always liked deep games with big learning curves, but more and more I'm finding two things to be true for me.  First, I'm losing a little patience with titles that require me to consult a guide every time I return to the title after a six month hiatus.  From Software, I'm looking at you guys specifically.  I love your titles and I'm not even asking you to change anything, but if Demons Souls came out today I would probably be a little more inclined to see it as semi-broken as opposed to the masterpiece that it was when it came out and I was a little younger.  

Second, my willingness to beat my head against the wall is a lot lower than it was previously.  I skipped Sekiro altogether because it looked too punishing for my tastes.  Again, it's great that games like this are an option for people who are into them, and that group would have included me ten years ago.  Now, I'd rather just run Hades a few more times.

I’m convinced the Defiance boon from Chaos doesn’t actually exist and they are just ####### with me 
I've only gotten this one once, and it was the very first run where I beat the final boss on Extreme Measures 4.  I had previously gotten an extra cast, and I was like "If it takes all this to beat EM4 Hades, how do I even have any chance to beat higher heat levels with anything resembling consistency?"  That fight gets easier once you know what you're doing, but it's still no joke regardless of how the run goes, at least at my skill level.

I am playing Portal knights now with my kids, I love that they are old enough to game. We have 3 gaming computers setup in my office and at 4 and 6 years old they know how to play games.

I think portal knights will take us a couple months and then i am unsure what game we will play after that.

After the kids/wife goes to bed I am not sure what to play. I think my brother and I take another attempt at Dont starve together at some point, but that is probably a month or 2 off.

I bought rimworld and i am barely into it, but it seems like tons of micromanaging.

I have beaten borderlands 1/2 and all of the DLC for them, however I have not attempted borderlands 3, that may be my next game.

I will, but it's going to be a while.  I'm not even sure what's first up in my queue after I finish Hades, and that won't be until after the super bowl most likely.

I'm 49, and I know what you mean.  I've always liked deep games with big learning curves, but more and more I'm finding two things to be true for me.  First, I'm losing a little patience with titles that require me to consult a guide every time I return to the title after a six month hiatus.  From Software, I'm looking at you guys specifically.  I love your titles and I'm not even asking you to change anything, but if Demons Souls came out today I would probably be a little more inclined to see it as semi-broken as opposed to the masterpiece that it was when it came out and I was a little younger.  

Second, my willingness to beat my head against the wall is a lot lower than it was previously.  I skipped Sekiro altogether because it looked too punishing for my tastes.  Again, it's great that games like this are an option for people who are into them, and that group would have included me ten years ago.  Now, I'd rather just run Hades a few more times.
I agree with some of this. I really just don’t have time to play epically long games anymore. I mean I do but I feel like I could be doing something more productive. So while I could say play 8 hours on a Friday night, it’s hard to get going again a week later. 

Plus we’ve seen and played sooooooo many games at this point, the game types are kinda monotonous. We’ve done all this before with different skins. 

On the difficulty aspect, I would kill for another Dark Souls provided it’s got a similar level design but where I used to play games on “hard” difficulty levels, now I’d much rather just experience the game and move the story along. Witcher 2 for example- I was stuck at this one part forever and never finished it. Now I just throw it on normal or even easy and just blast through. 

I bought rimworld and i am barely into it, but it seems like tons of micromanaging.
For me the Rim world /prison architect games are all the same. Fun at first planning everything and building but inevitable things go wrong because the game is half broken. Even if you carefully set everything up eventually something goes wrong like everyone starving even though there is plenty of food. 

For me the Rim world /prison architect games are all the same. Fun at first planning everything and building but inevitable things go wrong because the game is half broken. Even if you carefully set everything up eventually something goes wrong like everyone starving even though there is plenty of food. 

That is what I hated about tropico 6. You can build the perfect economy and then all of a sudden your people quit and revolt.

Tropico 5 was much better in that regards.

My brother recommended rimworld though, so i have to give it a fair shake, but i do not want to play it.

Finished up Halo 5.  Going to start Halo Infinite soon.  

Got Guardians of the Galaxy before Christmas.  Played a few minutes on it, looks fantastic.  

Spent 3 or 4 hours yesterday working on Legend of Zelda Majora's mask.  I love Zelda.  But I always feel like I need several hours to really make a dent in the game.  And that's a lot harder to come by these days haha. 

I played Cyberpunk for about two weeks and gave up. It's absolutely a game I would have enjoyed even a couple years ago. But I found it both tedious and overwhelming. There was too much to do.

I feel as if I will enjoy Deathloop a lot more. But I'll tell you what I find increasingly annoying: When you get, say, a new weapon, and a message pops up that says something like, "Press circle to toggle the suppressor; hold down square to charge a shot while pressing L1; press L2 to use the scope." And then after five seconds the message disappears, and I'm like, "Yeah, in 2 minutes I'm going to forget all of that." And then I have no idea where to find that info again. Then later my kid will play the game, and he'll do something with that weapon and I'll say, "Hey, how the hell did you do that?" And my kid will respond, "Duh, Dad, you just hit square. You didn't know that? It makes everything so much easier!" 

Getting old sucks. 

I skipped Sekiro altogether because it looked too punishing for my tastes.  

Same. I loved Souls, but never liked the parry, so I never used it. With Sekiro it looks like the entire game revolves around a similar mechanic. Nah. 

To the getting older discussion, yup, me too (I'm 55). I used to love diving into a deep, complicated PC game with a thick manual that took hours/days to learn the systems/mechanics. But no more. Even though I have the time, I don't have the patience or the will. I'll even drop the difficulty on certain games because I'm not interested in a challenge that borders on frustrating. 

Really champing for a good RPG to sink my teeth into on my new PS5, but struggling to choose. Help?

Have Ghosts of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal, The Outer Worlds and Horizon Zero Dawn. 

finished The Witcher 3

For me, I’m running into issues with most anything g I think about playing though:

-Ghosts seems…meh. The movement is choppy and it just hasn’t grabbed me. 

-Persona 5 seems overwhelming

-Horizon got a bit repetitive and really hard so lost interest a fair ways in. 

Anything y’all would suggest?

Really champing for a good RPG to sink my teeth into on my new PS5, but struggling to choose. Help?

Have Ghosts of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal, The Outer Worlds and Horizon Zero Dawn. 

finished The Witcher 3

For me, I’m running into issues with most anything g I think about playing though:

Mass Effect Trigogy. 3 games and DCLs that seamlessly continue the storyline through to the end. Commander Shepard is my favorite protagonist of any game I have played. Liked that decisions you make and how you treated people in the game ( good or bite you in the ###) come back into play as you progress through the 3 games

finished The Witcher 3

I haven't played it yet, but I know I think later on this year it's getting a sequel, so I figure it can't be terrible, but I'd check out Elex.

From what I've seen/read, it's an RPG set in a weird hodge podge of different time periods. A little more experimental, which can be good or bad depending on what you prefer.

I just finished the Outer Worlds (and he two DLC’s as well).

Outstanding game. Fallout lite in outer space is the best way I can describe it. 

The real story of this game is the dialog choices and your followers/crew you can pick up along the way. 

Finished it in just under 40 hours and completed everything. 

Highly recommend. 

9.5/10

Finally playing God of War and so far......love it. We are knocking out our entire backlog this year before we buy any new games. And the back log is long.

fasteddie_21 said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is the best storyline I have ever experienced in a (single) game... ever. Based on the fact you didn't care for it, I'll not waste your time with any of my recommendations.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread