What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

I'm not sure if I've posted it in here before, but I am in the market for an Xbox 360 headset. I've been using the basic ones that came with the system for like 3 years now, and while they're not horrible, they can be kinda glitchy and occasionally don't work. Given how much I play, I think it's justified.I've looked at Turtle Beach's website, but are there other good brands as well?I'm looking for one that has both ears with closed/covered ears if possible. Wired or wireless isn't a dealbreaker, though I guess I'd prefer wireless if I had a choice. Budget is ~$100. Recommendations?
Most of your options in the $100 price range will be wired. The X11s from Turtle Beach are a good choice. They are stereo and wired. The headset itself is comfortable and the wires are long enough that you can sit 8ft or more from your TV and console if you need to. My only concern with Turtle Beach is their durability. I have had three of their headsets and only one is still working, the X11s that my son uses. You can also use the PX21s. They are marketed to PS3 users, but they work on the 360 also with no loss of features. Plus you now have a headset that works with both consoles. The X11s will work with the PS3 but you will have no ability to chat. These headsets will run you between $50 and $80 dollars. Amazon currently has the Turtle Beach X31s for $79.99, this is basically the wireless version of the X11. These run on AA batteries. I dont know much about these but I think a couple of the FBGs have them. You might also want to look at headsets from Tritton. The AX180 headset is in your price range while the AX720 is just a bit outside your limit at $130.
To revisit this - if I want wired, I have to sit within 8 feet of the TV?
Yes and no. Most headsets may have a bit longer of cord or right around the 8 ft. But you can get around the issue like i did. My headset, which is wired, has a custom setup that I can take anywhere within 30~ ft and hear flawless 7.1 surround. I use a Sennheiser HD595 headset and a wireless astro mixamp with a clip on mic for the best sound I have heard at home. Pete, a solid wireless headset is the turtle beach x31s. I used them for about 2 years and they still work great, it's just you need some recharable batteries and your good to go. They aren't the best but they are way better than the standard TV speakers I previously used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete, I already told you I will sell you my Tritton's. Cheap... less than half price (new is $130). They are just sitting in the packaging, only used them a handful of times. Cord length is 12.5'.

eta - they work with PS3 too, if that matters

'SkyRattlers said:
'wazoo11 said:
I'm hoping my wife buys this for me for my birthday next week or maybe for Christmas. Part of me feels like my gaming time would be better spent if I was learning a real skill like playing music instead of perfecting how to get long killstreaks.
Last Christmas I (finally) got into the whole rock band/Guitar hero thing. I picked up nearly every version super cheap. I got pretty good too. Then one day I was showing off my buddy mentions that with all the fast moving finger moves I could be playing guitar. Why waste time playing pretend guitar when I could be practicing. I ebayed all my GH/RB stuff a week later.

I'm keeping my eye on this thing. Might be helpful.

'SkyRattlers said:
'wazoo11 said:
I'm hoping my wife buys this for me for my birthday next week or maybe for Christmas. Part of me feels like my gaming time would be better spent if I was learning a real skill like playing music instead of perfecting how to get long killstreaks.
Last Christmas I (finally) got into the whole rock band/Guitar hero thing. I picked up nearly every version super cheap. I got pretty good too. Then one day I was showing off my buddy mentions that with all the fast moving finger moves I could be playing guitar. Why waste time playing pretend guitar when I could be practicing. I ebayed all my GH/RB stuff a week later.

I'm keeping my eye on this thing. Might be helpful.
my thoughts exactly.

Pete, I already told you I will sell you my Tritton's. Cheap... less than half price (new is $130). They are just sitting in the packaging, only used them a handful of times. Cord length is 12.5'.eta - they work with PS3 too, if that matters
Is this the AX Pro? If he doesn't take you up on it, I might.

I'm not sure if I've posted it in here before, but I am in the market for an Xbox 360 headset. I've been using the basic ones that came with the system for like 3 years now, and while they're not horrible, they can be kinda glitchy and occasionally don't work. Given how much I play, I think it's justified.I've looked at Turtle Beach's website, but are there other good brands as well?I'm looking for one that has both ears with closed/covered ears if possible. Wired or wireless isn't a dealbreaker, though I guess I'd prefer wireless if I had a choice. Budget is ~$100. Recommendations?
Most of your options in the $100 price range will be wired. The X11s from Turtle Beach are a good choice. They are stereo and wired. The headset itself is comfortable and the wires are long enough that you can sit 8ft or more from your TV and console if you need to. My only concern with Turtle Beach is their durability. I have had three of their headsets and only one is still working, the X11s that my son uses. You can also use the PX21s. They are marketed to PS3 users, but they work on the 360 also with no loss of features. Plus you now have a headset that works with both consoles. The X11s will work with the PS3 but you will have no ability to chat. These headsets will run you between $50 and $80 dollars. Amazon currently has the Turtle Beach X31s for $79.99, this is basically the wireless version of the X11. These run on AA batteries. I dont know much about these but I think a couple of the FBGs have them. You might also want to look at headsets from Tritton. The AX180 headset is in your price range while the AX720 is just a bit outside your limit at $130.
To revisit this - if I want wired, I have to sit within 8 feet of the TV?
Yes and no. Most headsets may have a bit longer of cord or right around the 8 ft. But you can get around the issue like i did. My headset, which is wired, has a custom setup that I can take anywhere within 30~ ft and hear flawless 7.1 surround. I use a Sennheiser HD595 headset and a wireless astro mixamp with a clip on mic for the best sound I have heard at home. Pete, a solid wireless headset is the turtle beach x31s. I used them for about 2 years and they still work great, it's just you need some recharable batteries and your good to go. They aren't the best but they are way better than the standard TV speakers I previously used.
I use the X31's, wife bought them for me as a present to herself so she didn't have to hear my stupid games. They are wireless and good enough that you can hear people sneaking up behind you. Protip: Don't take advantage of the wireless function to walk to the bathroom. People in the party find the sounds creepy.

Pete, I already told you I will sell you my Tritton's. Cheap... less than half price (new is $130). They are just sitting in the packaging, only used them a handful of times. Cord length is 12.5'.eta - they work with PS3 too, if that matters
Why are you selling them...if you don't mind me asking...

'Steve Tasker said:
Lets talk tonight on gears imo. Just remind me.

I just beat Uncharted 2. :bag:

I kind of only want to buy used PS3 exclusive titles for a little while. What should be next on my list?

I also never played the first Batman: Arkham game, and think the new Arkham City looks awesome (commercials at least). Should I buy the original as my next game and if so, XBOX or PS3?

Thanks!

I wish I could say I'm getting excited for Uncharted 3. It'll be nearly the same as putting in a movie. Fight 4 bad guys then watch a 20 minute cut scene.

I am going to purchase Saints Row: The Third. It comes out on November 15th. I enjoyed the first two in this series.

I just beat Uncharted 2. :bag:I kind of only want to buy used PS3 exclusive titles for a little while. What should be next on my list?I also never played the first Batman: Arkham game, and think the new Arkham City looks awesome (commercials at least). Should I buy the original as my next game and if so, XBOX or PS3?Thanks!
After playing about 8 hours of the new Batman game, I say play the first. This new game is substantially harder from the near beginning. So far I enjoyed the story in 1 better. You can also get it crazy cheap used (or new). Don't get me wrong, I think Arkam City is great, but I recommend the first if you haven't played it.

I just beat Uncharted 2. :bag:I kind of only want to buy used PS3 exclusive titles for a little while. What should be next on my list?I also never played the first Batman: Arkham game, and think the new Arkham City looks awesome (commercials at least). Should I buy the original as my next game and if so, XBOX or PS3?Thanks!
Definite thumbs-up on Batman. I haven't played the new one yet, but the first one was really good. The PS3 version lets you play some of the challenge rooms as the Joker, but that's fun for 15 minutes for novelty value. If you want to get it for the 360, you won't be missing out on much. If you want to focus on PS3 exclusives, I would say inFamous is a good choice. It should be dirt cheap, like Batman, and has a lot of the same mechanics as Uncharted, only in an open-world superhero setting. I haven't played the sequel to that one either, but it got good reviews. Metal Gear Solid 4 is also a good choice. Demon's Souls is a game that most people aren't going to like because it's such a niche title, but it is awesome if you're into this sort of thing. Read lots of reviews before you buy, but it's another one that will be deeply discounted.

Definite thumbs-up on Batman. I haven't played the new one yet, but the first one was really good. The PS3 version lets you play some of the challenge rooms as the Joker, but that's fun for 15 minutes for novelty value. If you want to get it for the 360, you won't be missing out on much. If you want to focus on PS3 exclusives, I would say inFamous is a good choice. It should be dirt cheap, like Batman, and has a lot of the same mechanics as Uncharted, only in an open-world superhero setting. I haven't played the sequel to that one either, but it got good reviews. Metal Gear Solid 4 is also a good choice. Demon's Souls is a game that most people aren't going to like because it's such a niche title, but it is awesome if you're into this sort of thing. Read lots of reviews before you buy, but it's another one that will be deeply discounted.
Awesome thanks!

You really think Worm is going to rip you off. Isnt there some kind of code against that. Message board brothers or something like that

Pre-ordered COD:MW3 today with a few friends. It's gonna be sick to have three guys playing on flatscreens next to each other in one room for multiplayer...

That said: I moved to PS3 this August and the only thread I saw was XBOX360 gamertags. Is there a PS3 thread with gamer tags? If not, if anyone plans to play or wants to play, just let me know. My tag is: Instinctive-_-

You really think Worm is going to rip you off. Isnt there some kind of code against that. Message board brothers or something like that
No, but it could be because a cord was too short or something and perhaps it wouldn't work with my setup. Regardless, I keep forgetting to ask him about it.

Target has a B2G1 free this week, but as of right now they are ringing up B1G1 instore. No clue how long til they fix it. :excited:
:thumbup: Went up to my local Target last night and got the new Batman game and Battlefield 3 and a wii game for the kids for about $43 a piece after taxes. All the games were new releases and originally priced at $60.Sweet deal. I was surprised it included the new games as well.I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I have sessions going in Assassin's Creed (the 1st one!), Dante's Inferno, the original Batman, Fallout 3, and now I have the new Batman and Battlefield 3 and I'll be getting MW3 as well. So many games, so little time. :(

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I bought my 9 year old Skylanders for the PS3 for Christmas. ToysRUs threw in a free "adventure pack" with purchase a few days ago. This game is being released across all platforms including 3DS and PC.

It's getting very good reviews so far. One interesting thing about is is the figures/characters are usable on any platform. So if you have a character on your PS3 that's all built up, you can bring it over to someone who's got the 360 game and use it on their console too.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I bought my 9 year old Skylanders for the PS3 for Christmas. ToysRUs threw in a free "adventure pack" with purchase a few days ago. This game is being released across all platforms including 3DS and PC. It's getting very good reviews so far. One interesting thing about is is the figures/characters are usable on any platform. So if you have a character on your PS3 that's all built up, you can bring it over to someone who's got the 360 game and use it on their console too.
Yeah, I posted something about it a few pages ago. My kids LOVE it and I do too. My current fav is Sonic Boom, my oldest son's is Bash and my youngest son' is the Flame Elf. I work p/t at TrU and it's insane how much of this we are flying through. We're getting 10 cases of the figs per truck and are still selling through them in two days.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I bought my 9 year old Skylanders for the PS3 for Christmas. ToysRUs threw in a free "adventure pack" with purchase a few days ago. This game is being released across all platforms including 3DS and PC. It's getting very good reviews so far. One interesting thing about is is the figures/characters are usable on any platform. So if you have a character on your PS3 that's all built up, you can bring it over to someone who's got the 360 game and use it on their console too.
Yeah, I posted something about it a few pages ago. My kids LOVE it and I do too. My current fav is Sonic Boom, my oldest son's is Bash and my youngest son' is the Flame Elf. I work p/t at TrU and it's insane how much of this we are flying through. We're getting 10 cases of the figs per truck and are still selling through them in two days.
My soon to be 9 year old wants this. And my wife found out that the $70 combo pack IS INCLUDED in the Target B2G1F deal! My spider sense tells me we will be getting this.

My soon to be 9 year old wants this. And my wife found out that the $70 combo pack IS INCLUDED in the Target B2G1F deal! My spider sense tells me we will be getting this.
Yeah, when Skylanders came out we had the same deal. The best part was, when the deal was going on, it included the figs as well.

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12
Picked up Metal Gear Solid 4, Assasin's Creed 2 and Demon's Souls Greatest Hits.My wife thanks hates you.

Considered Rage, Battlefield 3 and something else but wouldn't be able to resist having 3 new games sit for so long since I won't be playing these until Christmas

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12
Picked up Metal Gear Solid 4, Assasin's Creed 2 and Demon's Souls Greatest Hits.My wife thanks hates you.

Considered Rage, Battlefield 3 and something else but wouldn't be able to resist having 3 new games sit for so long since I won't be playing these until Christmas
I didn't look, but were the games you mentioned < retail or something? Something seems odd about paying full price fore those OLD games.

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12

I didn't look, but were the games you mentioned < retail or something? Something seems odd about paying full price fore those OLD games.
The older games are appropriately priced.For example Demon Souls was $18.76.

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12

Right - $40 for all 3 after the discount

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12

Have fun with Demon Souls. What a great, hard game that was. It is my best platinum trophy by far.

Just got done with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - played through with PS Move which I thought worked pretty well for this game. The controls take a little getting used to (you can't move and shoot at the same time) but overall for $20 it's a pretty engaging game with lots to do and a good break from thumb twiddling. I'll start Dead Space 2 tonight after I tuck the kids in and can turn the lights down :popcorn:

Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Gears of War 3

Battlefield 3

Batman Ark City

Uncharted 3

Dark Souls

Rage

Fifa Soccer 12

awesome!

Picked up Metal Gear Solid 4, Assasin's Creed 2 and Demon's Souls Greatest Hits.
These are all good purchases for older titles. I thought about picking up Uncharted 3, Batman, and something else (Battlefield 3?) but some of these are going to be deeply discounted by the time I get around to them anyway. I figure I have another month on Dark Souls, and then there's Skyrim which isn't going to be the kind of thing you beat in a weekend.

I've never played any of the Saints Row games, but I stumbled onto some of the trailers and gameplay videos last night, and I have to say that the new one looks pretty good. I can't justify the $60 to buy it at release, but it could be a good Christmas present idea.

Is anyone planning to get this? I would love to hear some reviews. I liked Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV, so I imagine I'd like this too.

Xbox 360 Wireless Headsets. Whats the best, turtle Beach X41?
I think I posted a mini review of mine earlier. When there's no signal interference they are amazing. I've had some problems with echoing Xbox live chat and popping (my Xbox is set up pretty close to my wireless router, which may be the problem)

I've never played any of the Saints Row games, but I stumbled onto some of the trailers and gameplay videos last night, and I have to say that the new one looks pretty good. I can't justify the $60 to buy it at release, but it could be a good Christmas present idea.Is anyone planning to get this? I would love to hear some reviews. I liked Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV, so I imagine I'd like this too.
Saints Row has done GTA better than GTA for the past few titles.

Any of the old Saints Row games worth picking up on the cheap?
SR1 was better than whatever the GTA equivalent out at the time was. I've been wanting to get SR2 for the last couple years, but I keep putting it off as newer games come out. One of these days I'll catch up on the series.

Guys, I recently bought this laptop. I realize that it's not a top-flight gaming rig, but is it any good for gaming at all? TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread