What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Guys, I recently bought this laptop. I realize that it's not a top-flight gaming rig, but is it any good for gaming at all? TIA.
Ask Mad Cow about this:Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics

GPU/VPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

It's my computers Achilles heel. Intel isn't the rage it used to be from my limited knowledge, which is why I said to ask MC. I know one thing, I was pissed I couldn't play Magicka because my GPU was Intel and not supported. Especially because I don't find this out until I purchased the entire set on STEAM.

Trying to decide between Assassins, Skyrim, MW3, or BF3.
For what platform? That would matter, imo.I don't like many FPS's like MW3 & BF3, loved AC2, and Oblivion...it's an easy easy choice for me: Skyrim AINEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently acquired the Ico/SOTC combo as well. So far I've only played Shadow of the Colossus, but it's truly awesome. Simple but fun, and epic. And as far as I can tell, it's one of the first games to sport such a large free-roaming world.

Watching the Skyrim review on gametrailers, that game looks badass. I've never played Elder Scrolls Oblivion though, should I play that first?

'Time Kibitzer said:
Watching the Skyrim review on gametrailers, that game looks badass. I've never played Elder Scrolls Oblivion though, should I play that first?
Nah, no need.

For NBA2k11 players, @Ronnie2K: #NBA2K11 online service to be shut down around 11/16. Make sure to get what you need to get done (i.e. achievements)- https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3603415

Now, that's bull####.
Good news. 2K Sports decided to leave NBA2K11 online server support available until at least April. I was surprised to see that NFL2K5 still is online capable. http://kotaku.com/5858527/nba-2k11-resuscitates-online-support-in-wake-of-2k12s-multiplayer-woes

Demon's Souls newb here. First off, ugh, lost 12k souls dying in 1-2. Tried to finesse the Blue Knights or whatever they are called right before the demon battle. Died the first time. Tried it the same way again and died the second time without recovering the lost souls. What a sinking feeling. Almost made me put the game away for good. But I perserveered, figured out I could just swack those dudes, and got through it and the large metal demon guy no problem. I accept those souls are just gone.

But here is my totally newb question. I'm a royal. I am still wearing the same armor I started with and using the same buckler, albeit upgraded +5. I've read the wiki, but what I can't find is, should I switch armor? I can buy plate from the dredgling, and the guy in the Nexus has some. But I know in most games, a mage could never wear plate. Am I fine sticking with my starting armor for now? Will I find other armor that's good for my mage style? Or should I be buying the plate or whatever, as it really won't adversely affect my character?

Loving the game, but I spend a lot of time feeling lost. If it wasn't for Ivan's advice and PMs, I probably would have shelved this after day one.

Just bought three wicked old games on sale that I never played:

Lost Planet

Rainbow Six Las Vegas

Far Cry 2

Taking suggestions on which I should begin with after the Pats game.

Just bought three wicked old games on sale that I never played:Lost PlanetRainbow Six Las VegasFar Cry 2Taking suggestions on which I should begin with after the Pats game.
Never understood why critics hated lost planet so much. Fun game but the campaign was kinda short.

Been playing the new Zelda Wii game, "skyward sword". Pretty typical for a Zelda game so far. First few hours are mostly watching cut scenes about some mythology. A lot of learning controls. A few annoying things with the setup... can't skip through dialog, have to read about how many rupees a red jewel is worth every time I find one, etc. Motion control isn't as sensitive or accurate add it should be, even the most simple of enemies is difficult unless you wave the wiimote exactly right, and it never seems to calibrate like it should. It quickly loses track of orientation. Z-targeting doesn't seem to work as well as in Ocarina, and apparently was purposely left out for projectiles... like if you use the slingshot, you have to aim by pointing at the screen even if you were just Z-targeting a second ago.

Some minor flaws, maybe it just takes getting used to. I'm still pretty early into it.

But here is my totally newb question. I'm a royal. I am still wearing the same armor I started with and using the same buckler, albeit upgraded +5. I've read the wiki, but what I can't find is, should I switch armor? I can buy plate from the dredgling, and the guy in the Nexus has some. But I know in most games, a mage could never wear plate. Am I fine sticking with my starting armor for now? Will I find other armor that's good for my mage style? Or should I be buying the plate or whatever, as it really won't adversely affect my character?
You can wear any armor you want, and your spellcasting will work just fine. The problem with heavy armor is that you won't be able to roll unless your equip capacity (or whatever its called) is pretty high. Most people find that avoiding hits in the first place is just easier than tanking.But yeah, you'll find quite a few suits of armor, both heavy and light, throughout the game.

You can wear any armor you want, and your spellcasting will work just fine. The problem with heavy armor is that you won't be able to roll unless your equip capacity (or whatever its called) is pretty high. Most people find that avoiding hits in the first place is just easier than tanking.But yeah, you'll find quite a few suits of armor, both heavy and light, throughout the game.
Thanks again. Have to admit, I am having a very tough time deciding whether to continue on with this game, which I am having a good time with despite the frustrations, or to go on over and start up Skyrim. Reading through that thread, it sounds like it is awesome. And it sits there on the shelf, just looking at my longingly, with it's little pre-order map tucked neatly in the game case. Wish I hadn't sat on my rear for two months after I picked up DS before I started to play it. I could have finished it by now.

Amazon is running an unadvertised Buy 1, Get 1 for 50% off deal right now. Skyrim, MW3, Arkham City, new Ratchet & Clank, Goldeneye Reloaded, Uncharted 3, and Rage are the eligible games. No collector's editions, it seems to be console only, and limit one per customer.

Anyone picking up AC: Revelations tomorrow? I think I'll ask for it for Christmas. Would love to hear some reviews.
Looking forward to this as well.
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but Amazon is doing a $10 credit, a skin, a digital download of the soundtrack, and a pair of 3D glasses that supposedly allow you to play the game in 3D on a standard 2D flat screen TV. It also apparently comes with a copy of AC1?

Amazon is running an unadvertised Buy 1, Get 1 for 50% off deal right now. Skyrim, MW3, Arkham City, new Ratchet & Clank, Goldeneye Reloaded, Uncharted 3, and Rage are the eligible games. No collector's editions, it seems to be console only, and limit one per customer.
Thanks for the headsup. Picked up Mw3 and Uncharted 3 for 85 and had 90 in credit. So "free" :lol: :thumbup:

Thanks for the headsup. Picked up Mw3 and Uncharted 3 for 85 and had 90 in credit. So "free" :lol: :thumbup:
Where do you find this? All I could find was a Nintendo Wii offer. I thought the sale must have ended.

Where do you find this? All I could find was a Nintendo Wii offer. I thought the sale must have ended.
Go to Moder Warfare 3. Underneath the platform choice you will see Bonus Offer. Click that link.It will take you to a page to select 2 games.

:( Don't give up on the PC BF3 yet, GB.

:( Don't give up on the PC BF3 yet, GB.
No no no not at all. I want to play it more actually with people, tough with work and the family. Need to move my pc. These are games I planned on getting at some point, these are my excercise bike games :) Figured why the deal was good and I had a credit I take it now.

'fasteddie_21 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
Great find!Thanks for this...picking it up now!
When I went to pick up my copy, they had a "Revelations" waiting for me instead of a Brotherhood. Since I'm insufferably honest, I told them of the error and they had me go pick up a copy of Brotherhood off the shelf, but when I did, I took a used copy instead.Is there anything I'm missing not having a new copy? Any DLC or some such thing?

'fasteddie_21 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
When I went to pick up my copy, they had a "Revelations" waiting for me instead of a Brotherhood. Since I'm insufferably honest, I told them of the error and they had me go pick up a copy of Brotherhood off the shelf, but when I did, I took a used copy instead.
Enzio would have knifed the clerk in the throat and taken copies of both games. You lose.

'fasteddie_21 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
When I went to pick up my copy, they had a "Revelations" waiting for me instead of a Brotherhood. Since I'm insufferably honest, I told them of the error and they had me go pick up a copy of Brotherhood off the shelf, but when I did, I took a used copy instead.
Ezio would have knifed the clerk in the throat and taken copies of both games. You lose.
fixed

For those of you that were considering picking up MW3, Sam's club had them for $52! About $8 cheaper than most places.

10 years ago my buddy and I skipped school to purchase an Xbox on launch and beat the Halo campaign in one sitting.

Tonight we will relive the same experience despite being a half a country away.

Thank you internets :thumbup:

This might be one of the few times in my life I know exactly what I was doing at this moment in time 10 years prior.

'fasteddie_21 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
Damn, checked this thread too late, all my local best buys are already out of it. Wanted to get that too.
I think it says the "Today Only" deals are only online, which kind of sucks, because they'll sell out even faster. I missed it too :kicksrock: Played Saint's Row the Third at a friend's house last night. It might be the most ridiculous game ever imagined; in a good way. Besides that, it's been all Skyrim all the time for me.

Best Buy has the Gears of War 3 Game (Xbox 360) for a $34.99 Free Shipping.

BONUS 800 Xbox Live Points with purchase - just click on the link and add the points to your cart. Price should be discounted to $0.

Link

'DollaDIllz said:
'The Tick said:
'fasteddie_21 said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
Damn, checked this thread too late, all my local best buys are already out of it. Wanted to get that too.
I think it says the "Today Only" deals are only online, which kind of sucks, because they'll sell out even faster. I missed it too :kicksrock: Played Saint's Row the Third at a friend's house last night. It might be the most ridiculous game ever imagined; in a good way. Besides that, it's been all Skyrim all the time for me.
Scored it anyways! I honestly didn't know the sale was online only so I decided to stop by and see if they had one, they did. At first they weren't going to match price, but the guy looked at the sale on the site and couldn't see on-line only, so they gave it to me. Didn't notice until today that in the banner for the deal it says online only, but it doesn't say anything when you actually search for the game and click on it. Got lucky there, sweet!

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who are still trying to milk the last bit out of the PS2, partly because I'm somewhat cheap, partly because I don't play much. Anyways, after reading the Skyrim thread, sort of got the urge to dust that off and plug it in. Here's a few I've recently tried

1) Resident Evil 4 - got this used yesterday at a shop for $10. This was my first Resident Evil game and I'm not that good at FPS. While 3rd person, still resembles in concept some of the features I'm not good at in FPS. Played part of the first level last night, got killed a couple times a I was getting used to controls and game play. We'll see about this one, would like to pick it back up and get game play down (e.g. give it a chance) before deciding how I feel about it.

2) Dark Cloud 2 - picked this up about a year ago used, just tried it for the first time over the weekend. Sort of like a Zelda style game. Didn't really get into it and didn't get the combining weapons/inventions/items thing. Not sure I'll pick it up again.

3) Final Fantasy X - had played about 4 hours of game time about 6 months ago. Picked it back up again last night. I was a big FF fan on nintendo, super nintendo and the original playstation, but hadn't played a version for a long time. I think I'll be playing this one for the time being.

I also really enjoyed God of War and will probably get God of War 2 somewhere down the line. What strikes me most about how the PS2 has held up over time is the graphic engines are pretty poor compared to current consoles even though the games still seem pretty good.

I'd already decided I wanted Zelda skyward sword, then I just noticed GameInformer gave it a perfect 10... If my girlfriend doesn't come through with a Wii this christmas, we're breaking up.

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who are still trying to milk the last bit out of the PS2, partly because I'm somewhat cheap, partly because I don't play much. Anyways, after reading the Skyrim thread, sort of got the urge to dust that off and plug it in. Here's a few I've recently tried

1) Resident Evil 4 - got this used yesterday at a shop for $10. This was my first Resident Evil game and I'm not that good at FPS. While 3rd person, still resembles in concept some of the features I'm not good at in FPS. Played part of the first level last night, got killed a couple times a I was getting used to controls and game play. We'll see about this one, would like to pick it back up and get game play down (e.g. give it a chance) before deciding how I feel about it.

2) Dark Cloud 2 - picked this up about a year ago used, just tried it for the first time over the weekend. Sort of like a Zelda style game. Didn't really get into it and didn't get the combining weapons/inventions/items thing. Not sure I'll pick it up again.

3) Final Fantasy X - had played about 4 hours of game time about 6 months ago. Picked it back up again last night. I was a big FF fan on nintendo, super nintendo and the original playstation, but hadn't played a version for a long time. I think I'll be playing this one for the time being.

I also really enjoyed God of War and will probably get God of War 2 somewhere down the line. What strikes me most about how the PS2 has held up over time is the graphic engines are pretty poor compared to current consoles even though the games still seem pretty good.
If you liked GOW, you'll definitely also enjoy GOW2.RE4 is awesome (easily the best RE game they've made to date, IMO), but I can't stress this enough: save your game often, and keep multiple save files (at least 3 or 4). Ammo starvation becomes a problem and you can get stuck and have to start over if you're not careful.

I'd already decided I wanted Zelda skyward sword, then I just noticed GameInformer gave it a perfect 10... If my girlfriend doesn't come through with a Wii this christmas, we're breaking up.
Skyrim. For a guy who gets weak kneed over a Wii Zelda game, play Skyrim and you'll drown in your own jiz.

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who are still trying to milk the last bit out of the PS2, partly because I'm somewhat cheap, partly because I don't play much. Anyways, after reading the Skyrim thread, sort of got the urge to dust that off and plug it in. Here's a few I've recently tried1) Resident Evil 4 - got this used yesterday at a shop for $10. This was my first Resident Evil game and I'm not that good at FPS. While 3rd person, still resembles in concept some of the features I'm not good at in FPS. Played part of the first level last night, got killed a couple times a I was getting used to controls and game play. We'll see about this one, would like to pick it back up and get game play down (e.g. give it a chance) before deciding how I feel about it.
I got the PSN version of this a couple of months ago despite it being absurdly overpriced ($20 for a pretty old game). Still love it. Thanks to Dark Souls and now Skyrim, I had to put my Professional playthrough on hold, but I'm still looking forward to picking it back up again.

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who are still trying to milk the last bit out of the PS2, partly because I'm somewhat cheap, partly because I don't play much. Anyways, after reading the Skyrim thread, sort of got the urge to dust that off and plug it in. Here's a few I've recently tried1) Resident Evil 4 - got this used yesterday at a shop for $10. This was my first Resident Evil game and I'm not that good at FPS. While 3rd person, still resembles in concept some of the features I'm not good at in FPS. Played part of the first level last night, got killed a couple times a I was getting used to controls and game play. We'll see about this one, would like to pick it back up and get game play down (e.g. give it a chance) before deciding how I feel about it.2) Dark Cloud 2 - picked this up about a year ago used, just tried it for the first time over the weekend. Sort of like a Zelda style game. Didn't really get into it and didn't get the combining weapons/inventions/items thing. Not sure I'll pick it up again.3) Final Fantasy X - had played about 4 hours of game time about 6 months ago. Picked it back up again last night. I was a big FF fan on nintendo, super nintendo and the original playstation, but hadn't played a version for a long time. I think I'll be playing this one for the time being.I also really enjoyed God of War and will probably get God of War 2 somewhere down the line. What strikes me most about how the PS2 has held up over time is the graphic engines are pretty poor compared to current consoles even though the games still seem pretty good.
RE4 might be my favorite previous gen game. Give it a shot.

Skyrim. For a guy who gets weak kneed over a Wii Zelda game, play Skyrim and you'll drown in your own jiz.
This is exactly what I've been doing since midnight on the 11th. Playing Skyrim. and the jiz thing.Don't get me wrong, any game I may get will wait until at least 100 hours of Skyrim have been logged.

If anybody is looking for a WII, Target has a great deal right now. All of this for $150:

Nintendo Wii Console (Black)

Black Wii Remote Plus

Black Nunchuk

New Super Mario Bros. Wii game

Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword game with added Music CD

Best Buy also has a $10 GC w/ the purchase of Skyward Sword. So I priced matched the Target deal at Best Buy and got it all for $146 after tax.

I've decided to try out the Uncharted series. I'm up to Chapter 4 on the first game. So far, it's a beautiful game and it seems to have a pretty decent story, but I'm absolutely hating the combat - particularly the aiming / shooting system. Is this game worth sticking with?

Users who are viewing this thread