What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** OFFICIAL ** Cleveland Guardians thread - spring training (2 Viewers)

'Limp Ditka said:
What's the word on Santana? Back today, missing more time?
Hearing that he's exercising with high intensity, if his body responds well then he will be back soon but not tonight. I wouldn't expect him back this weekend, if the Indians drop the first 2 they may panic and activate him Sunday though. If he is even close to ready he will be in there Tuesday at Detroit.

I bet they're looking to move bullpen arms, but not Perez. More than likely Sipp or Joe Smith, pair one of them with the high upside arms in single A.

The Tribe have enough problems without getting hosed by awful calls like the Dewayne Wise "catch" tonight.

Unbelievable that baseball still can't fix a call like that with replay.

Anybody watching the game this morning?

Jiminez looks SO MUCH BETTER - note his delivery and how he is not jumping off the rubber............wonder if one of the coaches finally got through to him or made him look at video from Colorado (of course it that is the case it begs the question of why didn't they do it earlier ........still nice to see the big improvement)

Going to Minny with a bit of momentum. Have to beat a lefty tonight or else it could come to a drastic halt.

Unfreakinbelievable.Perez gives up a 3 run, 10th inning lead to extend the streak.

The Dolans are probably going to make Manny the fall guy pretty soon, no?

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Unfreakinbelievable.Perez gives up a 3 run, 10th inning lead to extend the streak. The Dolans are probably going to make Manny the fall guy pretty soon, no?
At least a few players feel like they don't have his back, so it'd be the easiest move. Still won't do any good if all Antonetti and Shapiro do is re-sign Fausto (or Westbrook), Grady (or Hafner), Kotchman (or Delucci), make a trade for a guy like Lowe (or Ubaldo) and swing and miss on most prospects and resort to trading stars before they hit free agency to restock the farm system.Don't see this team recovering until the Dolan's sell, the market isn't buying into the Tribe because of them - it isn't the economy. It's a mediocre uninteresting on-field product and owners nobody trusts.

What's stopping somebody like Cuban from buying a team like the Indians? MLB? Wants a bigger market club?

Assuming the Dolan's would consider selling of course.

Also, while I don't have too many peeves with Acta, I think we need to let him go and promote Alomar. You know it's only a matter of time until he gets a gig, probably this Winter if we don't move now.

I'm about as fed up with this ownership and front office as one could get. And I don't even fault them for the Ubaldo deal. It's the other dumb crap they do and completely obvious things they don't do.

What did I read yesterday...the Padres are getting sold? C'mon somebody buy this ####### team.

Then there's #indiansexacts which had a run on twitter overnight.

The Chris Perez: blows it then yells at you for not coming.

the Wickman: laborious and ugly, but always gets the job done

The Travis Fryman: Takes over when Matt Williams is all worn out. You can't even tell the difference.

The Fausto Carmona: Lie about your age to get some time on the hump

The Ronnie Belliard: when you're a lot deeper than what is normal.

The Albert Belle: After you score, you point to the muscle that made it all possible.

The Manny Acta: Just lie there and do nothing.

THE TOM HAMILTON: WHEN HE'S FINISHING, THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD WILL KNOW.

You go to bed with Fausto Carmona and wake up with Roberto Hernandez

The Len Barker: Was awful for years, but you'll never forget that perfect night.

The Ubaldo Jimenez - it will sometimes get you there but it's never as good as you thought it was going to be.

The Kaz Tadano: Just a one time experiment I did in college and am not proud of.

The Omar Vizquel: He was so good at doing it, you don't even mind that he's with someone else now.

the Shelly Duncan: fumbles around blindly for 25 tries, but when he finally hits it, god is it good

The Gaylord Perry- Not sure what he's gonna throw at you, but pretty sure Vaseline will be involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jack Hanahan - smooth with the hands, terrible with the stick.

The Kenny Lofton - Slide in head first no matter what base you're at

"The Jobu" - give him cigar and rum and he'll make you come.

The Ezekiel Carrera - Fumble the balls, no shades on.

The Brandon Phillips: The one that got really hot a few years after you were done with them

Michael Brantley: Does it very smoothly, but without much power.

The Paul Byrd: Double pumping your arms on your delivery for extra OOMF

The Cory Snyder - When your dad has to tell you how to do it.

I'm about as fed up with this ownership and front office as one could get. And I don't even fault them for the Ubaldo deal. It's the other dumb crap they do and completely obvious things they don't do.What did I read yesterday...the Padres are getting sold? C'mon somebody buy this ####### team.
Signing guys like Pronk, Westbrook, Delucci, Fausto, Grady, etc. then not signing guys like Willingham and not trading for guys like Youk. Makes no sense.

Nice win last night in Anaheim. Fausto Hernandez Roberto Carmona #55 takes the hill on Wednesday. Maybe he won't get shelled like a bag of peanuts. :scared:

Anyone think Dolan is actually feeling the heat from the public or is this guy just a complete #### face that counts his profit with a silly grin on his face?

He has one last chance this offseason before he COMPLETELY loses the fan base. With all the money coming off his books, and the "core" players still signed for at least one more season, it's possible they can make enough improvements to battle teams for the wild card, or even the Sox and Tigers into September. I mean let's face it, teams like the Orioles and A's still have great chance right now.

September call up Vinnie Rottino has the Godfather theme as his walk-up music. :lmao:

Tom Hamilton today when he led off: "No, we're not at a funeral."

Do your radio announcers always get overly excited when the other team hits a home run like it was an Indian who hit it. Or does the play by play guy have a homosexual thing going with Adam Dunn? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread